F-Secure SSH Server ERROR

Hi,

Any hint what can cause the following error message?
F-Secure SSH Server ERROR: Unable to load any hostkeys

Public & Private keys are available in the installed directory.

I will be thankful to you for your help and fast response.
Thanks,
//Akg

Which Version of F-Secure Server do you use?

<it.is.alok@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> Any hint what can cause the following error message?
> F-Secure SSH Server ERROR: Unable to load any hostkeys
>
> Public & Private keys are available in the installed directory.
>
> I will be thankful to you for your help and fast response.
> Thanks,
> //Akg

0
epolosa (3)
1/4/2005 10:27:37 PM
Hi Roger,

Thanks for your response.

My problem was sloved. Perhaps it was somethng to do with F-secure
version as you mentioned. The hostfile format was of newer version but
the server was old version server. So even the host file was there but
server could not recognized the hostfile format .

Thanks a lot for your help.
Akg
it.is.alok@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any hint what can cause the following error message?
> F-Secure SSH Server ERROR: Unable to load any hostkeys
>
> Public & Private keys are available in the installed directory.
>
> I will be thankful to you for your help and fast response.
> Thanks,
> //Akg

How to secure SSH from low security app server to high security DB server?
We need to be able to run commands from a low security application server (as this is running web servers and thus a large number of people have access to the web servers) to a high security database server. I would like to use SSH (maybe a locked down ssh server) to do this but the system administrators will not allow this as they say that if a bug is found with the SSH server then the secure database server could be compromised by the compromised SSH server. The sysadmins want us to come up with another way of running commands on the database server from the application server. I think that doing it another way is like reinventing the wheel, why use another method when SSH was probably designed to do this? Or, is there a better way of doing this? LOW SECURITY APPLICATION SERVER ----------FIREWALL------------- HIGH SECURITY DATABASE SERVER Snewber wrote: > We need to be able to run commands from a low security application > server (as this is running web servers and thus a large number of people > have access to the web servers) to a high security database server. I > would like to use SSH (maybe a locked down ssh server) to do this but > the system administrators will not allow this as they say that if a bug > is found with the SSH server then the secure database server could be > compromised by the compromised SSH server. The sysadmins want us to come > up with another way of running commands on the database server from the &...

net::ssh::Perl connecting to f-secure ssh server
Hi, I asked this on the wonderful Perlmonks site and am repeating here incase the one with the answer is here and not there.... We need to write a script that will connect to a softswitch (Ericsson), run commands retrieving output to files and sometimes using some of that output as parameters to more commands. The softswitch runs on Windows NT server and uses F-Secure 3.2.0. The client box will be Solaris with Perl 5.8.8. I can run ssh from the shell and connect OK. I can run the "commands" and see output on screen. I have started to write a demo in Perl and I can login f...

PuTTY and F-Secure SSH Server on Win32
Hi, When I use PuTTY (only tried 0.53b and later) to connect to an F-Secure SSH Server running on Win32, once logged on, I get a grey text on a black background but with very annoying single-pixel grey lines separating each line of text. I think this is server specific as I use the same client to connect to Cisco, HP-UX and RedHat without seeing the lines. Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have any suggestion where I might start looking? Cheers, Dicky ...

F-Secure SSH Server and authentications over publickey
Hi We have big trouble to established an sftp connection over public key authentications. On the Windows 2003 Server is "3.2.0 F-Secure SSH Windows NT Server" installed. After a long time and many different configuration (don't ask WRQ about support!) it works with WS_FTP Client. But we have to use it on linux. Always the sftp client ask the password and not use the dsa key. debug1: service_accept: ssh-userauth debug1: got SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password debug1: next auth method to try is publickey debug1: try pubkey: /home/user/.ssh/id_rsa debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password debug1: try pubkey: /home/user/.ssh/id_dsa debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password debug1: next auth method to try is password ....... Have somebody similar problems? Thanks for any answer! > Hi > We have big trouble to established an sftp connection over public key > authentications. On the Windows 2003 Server is "3.2.0 F-Secure SSH Windows > NT Server" installed. > > After a long time and many different configuration (don't ask WRQ about > support!) it works with WS_FTP Client. But we have to use it on linux. If it works with publickey authentication from another client, then perhaps you simply don't have the right key on the Linux client. > Always the sftp client ask the password and not use the dsa key. > > debug1: ser...

Security problems in F-Secure Client Security?
Hello, as I have been testing F-Secure Policy Manager/Console (PM) and F-Secure Client Security (CS) I have found three very serious problems: In all cases the system envirionment has always been the same, Windows 2000 with latest service pack und latest fixes. A: F-Secure's Policy Manager 5.61 and Client Security 5.54 can't communicate together as CS doesn't find the management server anymore after installation :( This worked better with CS 5.50 and 5.52. B: The internet shield of CS can be bypassed, even when policy has been instructed to deny automatically and to forbid ...

How secure is the security from my security form?
Hey, I have a question about how secure the following will be.... I want to have a login form that posts to itself, so when it loads it checks if there is a username and password on the query list. If there is not, it asks for one. If there is, it checks to see if the information is valid. If it is not valid, it deletes the attributes and calls itself again. If it is valid it sets a particular session variable to be some value and redirects to the next page. Every page from there on in will check to see if the session variable is set and if not will redirect back to the lo...

how secure is the security from my security form?
Hey, I have a question about how secure the following will be.... I want to have a login form that posts to itself, so when it loads it checks if there is a username and password on the query list. If there is not, it asks for one. If there is, it checks to see if the information is valid. If it is not valid, it deletes the attributes and calls itself again. If it is valid it sets a particular session variable to be some value and redirects to the next page. Every page from there on in will check to see if the session variable is set and if not will redirect back to the login page. Are ...

[...]

ssh security
Hi folks, question about ssh, (if anyone knows of a more suitable group please let me know) If you try to log into a remote machine that you're not allowed access to, you still get a display of a load of info e.g. OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090607f debug1: Reading configuration data /usr/local/etc/ssh_config debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be trusted. debug1: ssh_connect: needpriv 0 debug1: Connecting to bounty [10.230.199.220] port 22. debug1: Connection established. debug1: identity file /home/rreynold/.ssh/identity type -1 debug1...

ssh ssh
I am trying to write a script that takes a list of hosts and sshs into the first one and then can ssh to other ones. I can only ssh to the other hosts from the first host. Here is what I tried: I think it is waiting for the ssh to the first host to finish. I guess I could scp a partial hostlist and a program to *.domain and then run the program remotely. Am I on a right track? #!/bin/perl use strict; open( HL, '<hostlist3.txt' ) || die "can't open hostlist3"; #!/bin/perl use strict; open( HL, '<hostlist3.txt' ) || die "can't open hostlist3&qu...

Security
I've been doing some investigation into a little problem with privileges. And this is what I have found. If you want to access an Informix database via ODBC and your normal login and password are restricted then set up your odbc connection with no user name and password and you can do anything. This is what I did to prove it. 1. I created a new database called security. 2. I added two tables - opentab and securetab 3. I revoked all permissions on securetab from public 4. I granted connect to public. 5. From MS-Access I set up a new database 6. I used "link-tables" to add a new odbc connection with no username or password, and to link both tables. 7. I could SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE from both tables. 8. I then deleted both tables from my access database. and used control panel to remove the odbc connection. 9. I then repeated steps 5-7 but with a valid username and password. 10. I couldn't access the securetab. So, using a username and password is secure but not using a username and password gives full access. Can anybody spot anything wrong in my reasoning? BTW I have done this on IDS 9.4, running on AIX 5.2, and I was running Windows XP with MS-Access 2002 SP3, and Informix-Client SDK version 2.81 regards Malcolm mweallans@panacea.co.uk wrote: > I've been doing some investigation into a little problem with > privileges. And this is what I have found. > > If you want to acces...

ssh security
I was in wonder when a pair key is generated by openssh, is there any other file that is being written which keeps some info about the keys being generated???. how to time stamp a key to expire it at certain date? ?? how do I know if a key is being time stamped? Thanks for any help >>>>> "Linda" == Linda @ NY <sexypunda@yahoo.com> writes: Linda> I was in wonder when a pair key is generated by openssh, is Linda> there any other file that is being written which keeps some Linda> info about the keys being generated???. No; just the two files containing the public and private keys. Linda> how to time stamp a key to expire it at certain date? ?? how do Linda> I know if a key is being time stamped? OpenSSH has no such facility. You could, however, put a date in the comment field at the end of the key line, for your own use. -- Richard Silverman res@qoxp.net Richard, Thank you very much for the reply. Linda "Richard E. Silverman" <res@qoxp.net> wrote in message news:m2slm2v2rz.fsf@darwin.oankali.net... >>>>>> "Linda" == Linda @ NY <sexypunda@yahoo.com> writes: > > Linda> I was in wonder when a pair key is generated by openssh, is > Linda> there any other file that is being written which keeps some > Linda> info about the keys being generated???. > > No; just the two files containing the public and private key...

security=server and security=share on the same samba server?
I would like to configure a samba server with the two security modes (share and server) at the same time. Is it possible? If yes, how to do this? Thanks for your help. Regards Didier Didier PARIS wrote: > I would like to configure a samba server with the two security modes > (share and server) at the same time. Is it possible? > If yes, how to do this? Yes. Setup two virtual servers. See Samba documentation for details. Try the O'Rielly book. Since Samba supports include files, the manitenance shouldn't be too onerous. Eric. Didier PARIS wr...

SSH over SSH
Hi all, Our university network is accessed through a gateway machine, which accepts SSH connections and from which I can SSH onto other machines. I'm looking to write a program to make it easy for Mac OS X users to set up tunnels. Part of this involves storing passwords in the keychain. If I just want to forward a local port to the gateway machine, I can set SSH_ASKPASS to something suitable which looks in the keychain. However, if I want to forward a local port to another machine on my university network, i.e., another hop, I need to somehow have an SSH_ASKPASS utility on the gateway machine contact my local machine for the password. It seems to me that this problem is usually tackled using x11-ssh-askpass with X11 forwarding, but as you can understand, this approach is not suitable for my needs. Would anybody like to share their wisdom? NB I want to avoid using authorized_keys in order to maintain high ease of use. Thanks, Hamish >>>>> "HA" == Hamish Allan <hamish@gmail.com> writes: HA> If I just want to forward a local port to the gateway machine, I HA> can set SSH_ASKPASS to something suitable which looks in the HA> keychain. However, if I want to forward a local port to another HA> machine on my university network, i.e., another hop, I need to HA> somehow have an SSH_ASKPASS utility on the gateway machine contact HA> my local machine for the password. I don't see why. What about t...

How secure is ssh?
The problem: at work a group of *nix admins, myself included, are attempting to "buck the system." There is an auditing tool being rolled-out that logs into every *nix/linux box (tens of thousands of them) using a particular user name and authenticating with a passwordless (nothing in /etc/shadow or /etc/master.passwd, etc.) ssh connection -- the public ssh key for the username being put in /home/username/.ssh on every "client." The account is non-priveledged, ie., no root access -- just a regular user. We are attempting to explain that putting the same user account (wi...

ssh to ssh
I have the following scenerio: Remote PC with Xmanager small linux gateway, with sshd and ssh but no X software local host with sshd and X software I am trying to do the following from the remote PC: ssh -X (gateway addr. x.x.x.x "ssh -X (local host add 192.168.25.40) xterm" and it is failing. Please help if possible. Looking at the verbose output I see: OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7c 30 Sep 2003 debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0 debug1: Connecting to x.x.x.x [x.x.x.x] port 80. debug1: Connection established. debug1: ident...

SSH Keys: MULTINET SSH Client to TCPIP SSH Server
Has anyone here had occasion to configure a Multinet 4.4 SSH client to use public key authentication when connecting to an HP TCPIP (5.4) SSH Server? I created my public/private DSA key pair on the Multinet host, copied the public key to my [.SSH2] directory on the TCPIP server, and referenced the new key in the TCPIP server's AUTHENTICATION file. From what I understand of the TCPIP SSH docs, the format of the public key file is a single (long) line, beginning with the key type and followed by the key value, e.g.: ssh-dss AAAAB3NzaC1kc...sf5C4quB5GaOVn+zogU= So after I copied my public key to the TCPIP host, I edited it with EVE to get it into the format shown above. Was this my mistake? Shuold I have used another method to make these two SSH implementations compatible? On the Multinet client, the same public key appears in this format: ---- BEGIN SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ---- Subject: <username> AAAAB3NzaC1kc... ... sf5C4quB5GaOVn+zogU= ---- END SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ---- To make the SSH connection, I entered this command on the MU host and received the following responses: $ SSH/USER=<host2username>/IDENT=<private key filename> <host> warning: <MUhostdev:[dir.SSH2]<private-key>.: 4: parsing line failed. warning: <MUhostdev:[dir.SSH2]<private-key>.: 5: parsing line failed. warning: <MUhostdev:[dir.SSH2]<private-key>.: 6: parsing line failed. warning: <MUhostdev:[dir.SSH2]<private-key>.: 7: parsi...

dmz security policy
A couple of fellow computer geeks and I were discussing some proposed changes to how people/processes access servers within the DMZ. The proposed solution involved routing all SSH access through a set of jump box servers. From there you could then ssh wherever you need to go. These servers also allow you to tunnel your traffic through to a server on the inside. They also allow you to setup ssh key pairs so that you do not have to enter a username/password during each hop. My initial concern is that this new policy is going to break many of the existing processes which are working with dir...

Uploading Public keys to SSH Secure Shell Server?
Hi, In our server, we're using SSH Secure Shell Server product to be used for SFTP sessions. Recently, one of our clients has sent me a SSH2 PUBLIC KEY file produced by them and asked me to be installed or added to our server. With my lack of knowledge of this area, I would very much appreciate it if any of you would explain to me how to install or add this Public Key and can you have multiple keys installed in the server? Is this installed under the profile of the user login? if so how? It's quite urgent so an early reply would be very much appreciated. Thank you, Kamal TheJudge wrote: > In our server, we're using SSH Secure Shell Server product to be used > for SFTP sessions. > > Recently, one of our clients has sent me a SSH2 PUBLIC KEY file > produced by them and asked me to be installed or added to our server. > > With my lack of knowledge of this area, I would very much appreciate it > if any of you would explain to me how to install or add this Public Key > and can you have multiple keys installed in the server? Is this > installed under the profile of the user login? if so how? Install it to $HOME/.ssh/ of the user in question. It's sufficent to `chmod 500 ~/.ssh' and `chmod 400 ~/.ssh/<auth-file>' Please note this is for OpenSSH and I did not verify it for SSH Secure Shell Server, but since to said it's urgent... -- reply to usenet only I'm not an expert in this field at all so I rea...

F5-mapping when using F-secure SSH client. How?
Hi! Who has come across this, and found a way to fix it? I'm using the Windoze F-secure SSH client to connect to various Linux (RHEL2.1) servers. All works fine, EXCEPT for F5. Pressing F5 (for example in Midnight Commander) does not give an F5, but just a string which is not interpreted by MC... How do I get F5 to work? Does it require changes on the SSH-client, or on the servers...? Regards, Evert Meulie ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.help.] On 23 Feb 2004 03:03:28 -0800, Evert Meulie esq. <evert@meulie.net> wrote: > Hi! > > Who has come ...

scp pathing help with f secure and open ssh
I have a need to run both f secure ssh and open ssh on the same host. I also need to be able to point an incoming scp request to the proper scp binary on the server with both versions. I have compiled openssh with the default path option, and it is still going to /usr/bin, even though my default path says to go where the binary actually is. Both server and client are AIX machines. It appears the path is being generated by /etc/environment. I have the two versions running on different ports and all else is working ok it seems. In article <b71c089b.0402241932.59ba7fd8@posting.google.com&g...

Another server device to secure the already secure Linux server?
http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6264_11-5129950.html What's next - armed, jackbooted Linux thugs and vicious Dobermans protecting your server rooms? DFS, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the pen to use, wrote: > http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6264_11-5129950.html > > What's next - armed, jackbooted Linux thugs and vicious Dobermans protecting > your server rooms? You failed your IQ test, didn't you? -- Linux 2.4.20-4GB-athlon 7:17pm up 10 days 22:40, 3 users, load average: 0.06, 0.05, 0.00 On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:20:03 -0400, DFS wro...

SSH Tunnels an Easy and Secure way to retrieve email from a LAN Mail Server
Hello, We have just release a new software to manage ssh Tunnel. SSH tunnels are very easy to set up to allow external worker to get encrypt access (VPN) to a LAN. Please visit our web site for more information about ssh tunnels. http://www.ssheasytunnel.com SSH Tunnel is the most reliable way to build A Virtual Private Network. SSH Tunnel works with a SSH server and allows to access resources within a Local Area Network from the outside. SSH Easy Tunnel uses plink software (a part of putty) to build up an encrypted tunnel. We decided to use plink for its reliability and because it is...

Web resources about - F-Secure SSH Server ERROR - comp.security.ssh

F-Secure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
F-Secure Corporation (formerly Data Fellows ) is an anti-virus , cloud content and computer security company based in Helsinki , Finland . The ...

F-Secure Freedome (@FreedomeVPN) on Twitter

F-Secure Freedome VPN on the App Store on iTunes
Get F-Secure Freedome VPN on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

F-Secure - Vendor Directory - ARN
F-Secure is an online security and privacy company from Finland. We offer millions of people around the globe the power to surf invisibly and ...

f-secure - News, Features, and Slideshows - CIO
Latest news, features, and slideshows on f-secure from CIO

f-secure - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on f-secure from Computerworld

Duqu - Stuxnet - McAfee - Symantec - F-Secure - cyber espionage
Security researchers have identified a new highly sophisticated computer virus similar to Stuxnet, the worm that targeted Iran's nuclear facilities ...

F-Secure - 9to5Google
A recent […] report by F-Secure raised privacy concerns by stating that Xiaomi devices are sending phone numbers to Xiaomi’s servers. These concerns ...

F-Secure SAFE 2015 protects desktops, tablets and phones
F-Secure has released F-Secure SAFE 2015 , a multi-platform security suite which protects Windows and Mac desktops, and Windows 8, Android and ...

FSC1V News: F-Secure OYJ Headlines & Press Releases - Bloomberg
Breaking news on F-Secure OYJ (FSC1V) including company news, press releases and other Computer Data Security headline news.