possible? ssh-connection as XP- network connection

Hello

I'm using Win XP and SSH 3.2.0 to etablish a SSH2 connection to a
server. Everything works fine.

I wonder if there is an XP-tool that you can establish an
network drive in XP which uses the ssh2 protocol. So that i can access
the files on the server direct from any windows program using the
open/save command.

Please don't tell me that i need to make modifications on the server
(install samba ect.). I just want to make modifications on my
windows-client. I don't have administrator rights on the server.

Thanks for any help,
   Bernd

0
berndb (18)

> I'm using Win XP and SSH 3.2.0 to etablish a SSH2 connection to a
> server. Everything works fine.
>
> I wonder if there is an XP-tool that you can establish an
> network drive in XP which uses the ssh2 protocol. So that i can access
> the files on the server direct from any windows program using the
> open/save command.

Not directly, that I'm aware of.  You can tunnel 139/tcp via ssh, and then
try to set up a network drive against localhost.  But I never had any
success with that approach.

In the end, a lot of people give up on this idea and go with a better one:
work locally, then synchronize your files with the server using Unison
(http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/).  This approach has important
advantages.  Unison will use ssh as its network transport for secure
transfers, but it's much more bandwidth-efficient.  If you have a remotely
mounted share drive, any time you save a file the whole file has to travel
across the network.  But saving to your local hard drive is fast, and then
Unison uses the rsync algorithm to transfer just the changed parts of
files.

Good luck,
Andrew.

--
To reply by email, change "deadspam.com" to "alumni.utexas.net"

0
andrex (444)
6/30/2005 10:52:29 AM
Thank you Andrew,

I intended to use this network drive as a backup drive (using Insync).
So your suggestion and my intention look into the same direction.

My server uses Keyboard-interactive authentification:
C:\rsync>ssh2 aaa@abc.at -oallowedauthentications=keyboard-in
teractive
works fine. Unfortunatly i couldn't establish a ssh2-connection with
unison (see my tries below)

*) (How) can i force unison to use keyboard-interactive authentification?

*) For my application a mirror program like rsync would even better fit
my requirement than a sync program.
Unfortunatly i didn't succed using rsync with ssh tunneling. (see also
my tries below)
The problem I suppose is, that rsync has to run as a deamon on the
server as well. Is this correct?
Without administrator rights i guess it's impossible for me to use
rsync, isn't it?

Thank you for your help,
   Bernd

here are my tries:
=== UNISON Tries ====
 >unison c:/tst/ ssh://abc.at//home/aaa/Test -sshversion 2
Contacting server...
warning: Authentication failed.
Disconnected; no more authentication methods available (No further
authenticatio
n methods available.).
Fatal error: Lost connection with the server

===
C:>unison c:/tst/ ssh://abc.at//hone/aaa/Test -
sshversion 2 -oallowedauthentications=keyboard-interactive

unison: unknown option `-oallowedauthentications'.

=== RSYNC tries ====

C:\rsync>rsync  --rsh="ssh2
-oallowedauthentications=keyboard-interactive" -av *
  aaa@abc:/tst
Keyboard-interactive:
Password:
Keyboard-interactive:
bash: line 1: rsync: command not found
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(151)
===

C:\rsync>rsync  --rsh="ssh2
-oallowedauthentications=keyboard-interactive -d 2" -av *
  aaa@abc:/tst
debug: Connecting to fslgdqx01.tu-graz.ac.at, port 22... (SOCKS not used)
debug: Ssh2/ssh2.c:2297: Entering event loop.
debug: Ssh2Client/sshclient.c:1421: Creating transport protocol.
debug: SshAuthMethodClient/sshauthmethodc.c:85: Added
"keyboard-interactive" to
usable methods.
debug: Ssh2Client/sshclient.c:1462: Creating userauth protocol.
debug: client supports 1 auth methods: 'keyboard-interactive'
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:530: local ip = 129.27.113.23, local port
= 2361
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:532: remote ip = 129.27.113.6, remote port
= 22
debug: SshConnection/sshconn.c:1945: Wrapping...
debug: Remote version: SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.8p1
debug: OpenSSH: Major: 3 Minor: 8 Revision: 0
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:1518: All versions of OpenSSH handle kex
guesses
  incorrectly.
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:1901: lang s to c: `', lang c to s: `'
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:1967: c_to_s: cipher 3des-cbc, mac
hmac-sha1, co
mpression none
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:1970: s_to_c: cipher 3des-cbc, mac
hmac-sha1, co
mpression none
debug: Remote host key found from database.
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:331: Received SSH_CROSS_STARTUP packet
from connec
tion protocol.
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:381: Received SSH_CROSS_ALGORITHMS packet
from con
nection protocol.
debug: server offers auth methods 'publickey,keyboard-interactive'.
Keyboard-interactive:
Password:
debug: Ssh2AuthKbdInteractiveClient/authc-kbd-interactive.c:244: Sending
respons
e packet.
Keyboard-interactive:
debug: Ssh2AuthKbdInteractiveClient/authc-kbd-interactive.c:244: Sending
respons
e packet.
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:299: Received SSH_CROSS_AUTHENTICATED
packet from
connection protocol.
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:840: num_channels now 1
debug: SshConnection/sshconn.c:406: EOF from channel stream
bash: line 1: rsync: command not found
debug: Ssh2ChannelSession/sshchsession.c:1923: received exit status : 127
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:807: num_channels now 0
debug: Got session close with exit_status=127
debug: destroying client struct...
debug: Ssh2Client/sshclient.c:1497: Destroying client.
debug: SshConfig/sshconfig.c:2313: Freeing pki. (host_pki != NULL,
user_pki = NU
LL)
debug: SshConnection/sshconn.c:1997: Destroying SshConn object.

Andrew Schulman wrote:
>>I'm using Win XP and SSH 3.2.0 to etablish a SSH2 connection to a
>>server. Everything works fine.
>>
>>I wonder if there is an XP-tool that you can establish an
>>network drive in XP which uses the ssh2 protocol. So that i can access
>>the files on the server direct from any windows program using the
>>open/save command.
>

> Not directly, that I'm aware of.  You can tunnel 139/tcp via ssh, and then
> try to set up a network drive against localhost.  But I never had any
> success with that approach.
>
> In the end, a lot of people give up on this idea and go with a better one:
> work locally, then synchronize your files with the server using Unison
> (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/).  This approach has important
> advantages.  Unison will use ssh as its network transport for secure
> transfers, but it's much more bandwidth-efficient.  If you have a remotely
> mounted share drive, any time you save a file the whole file has to travel
> across the network.  But saving to your local hard drive is fast, and then
> Unison uses the rsync algorithm to transfer just the changed parts of
> files.
>
> Good luck,
> Andrew.

0
berndb (18)
6/30/2005 5:54:22 PM
Bernd Breitschaedel <berndb@sbox.tugraz.at> writes:
>I wonder if there is an XP-tool that you can establish an
>network drive in XP which uses the ssh2 protocol. So that i can access
>the files on the server direct from any windows program using the
>open/save command.

One thing I know of that does something like this is DataFreeway
<http://www.enginsite.com/ssh-webdav-ftp-sftp-client.htm>.
However, I haven't used it, and now that I come to look at the website
in detail, it looks like it might just provide an Explorer interface to
SFTP, rather than actually mounting it as a filesystem.

Also, their web page still claims that it's based on PuTTY 0.56, which
lacks important security fixes in the SFTP code that were introduced in
0.57.
0
jacobn (252)
6/30/2005 6:14:48 PM

    BB> *) For my application a mirror program like rsync would even
    BB> better fit my requirement than a sync program.  Unfortunatly i
    BB> didn't succed using rsync with ssh tunneling. (see also my tries
    BB> below) The problem I suppose is, that rsync has to run as a deamon
    BB> on the server as well. Is this correct?

No; rsync simply runs another copy of rsync on the other end to talk to
(in the same style as scp, rcp, etc.).

--
  Richard Silverman
  res@qoxp.net

0
res49 (1410)
7/1/2005 1:39:00 AM
On 2005-07-01, Richard E. Silverman <res@qoxp.net> wrote:

>    BB> *) For my application a mirror program like rsync would even
>    BB> better fit my requirement than a sync program.  Unfortunatly i
>    BB> didn't succed using rsync with ssh tunneling. (see also my tries
>    BB> below) The problem I suppose is, that rsync has to run as a deamon
>    BB> on the server as well. Is this correct?
>
> No; rsync simply runs another copy of rsync on the other end to talk to
> (in the same style as scp, rcp, etc.).

Note that you can actually run rsync as a daemon but it's not mandatory
(and not necessary in this case).

Using rsync via ssh is usually as simple as "rsync -e ssh src/ host:dst/"
or similar.  In fact, "-e ssh" the default with current versions of rsync.
If your target system doesn't have an rsync anywhere in the path (eg you
put it in your home dir somewhere) then you may need to specify its
location with --rsync-path=[foo] (see the rsync man page).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.

It seems, we are coming closer to an solution.

One problem still remaining: (sorry i'm a linux rooky)
*) Where do i get compiled binaries?
The server is running debian linux.
So I tried to follow the instructions on:
http://samba.org/ftp/rsync/binaries/debian-i386/README.html
For me it looks like they want me to compile rsync on my own.
Unfortunatly the command "sudo" didn't work on my account
("bash: sudo: command not found")
Can't I get a pecompiled version of rsync for debian somewhere?
The other download sorces i've found are also just mirrors of this
ftp-sorce.

Thanks,
    Bernd Breitschaedel

Darren Tucker wrote:

>>   BB> *) For my application a mirror program like rsync would even
>>   BB> better fit my requirement than a sync program.  Unfortunatly i
>>   BB> didn't succed using rsync with ssh tunneling. (see also my tries
>>   BB> below) The problem I suppose is, that rsync has to run as a deamon
>>   BB> on the server as well. Is this correct?
>>
>>No; rsync simply runs another copy of rsync on the other end to talk to
>>(in the same style as scp, rcp, etc.).
>

> Note that you can actually run rsync as a daemon but it's not mandatory
> (and not necessary in this case).
>
> Using rsync via ssh is usually as simple as "rsync -e ssh src/ host:dst/"
> or similar.  In fact, "-e ssh" the default with current versions of rsync.
> If your target system doesn't have an rsync anywhere in the path (eg you
> put it in your home dir somewhere) then you may need to specify its
> location with --rsync-path=[foo] (see the rsync man page).

0
berndb (18)
7/1/2005 7:33:49 AM
> One problem still remaining: (sorry i'm a linux rooky)
> *) Where do i get compiled binaries?
> The server is running debian linux.

apt-get install rsync

> Unfortunatly the command "sudo" didn't work on my account
> ("bash: sudo: command not found")

apt-get install sudo

--
To reply by email, change "deadspam.com" to "alumni.utexas.net"

0
andrex (444)
7/1/2005 9:33:32 AM
Andrew Schulman wrote:
>>One problem still remaining: (sorry i'm a linux rooky)
>>*) Where do i get compiled binaries?
>>The server is running debian linux.
>

> apt-get install rsync

Sorry, but this didn't work either without root-right:

$ apt-get install rsync
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you
root?

Any idea, how to get a running version of rsync without root-rights?

Thank you for your help,
   Bernd

0
berndb (18)
7/1/2005 12:14:30 PM

    BB> Andrew Schulman wrote:
    >>> One problem still remaining: (sorry i'm a linux rooky) *) Where do
    >>> i get compiled binaries?  The server is running debian linux.
    >> apt-get install rsync

    BB> Sorry, but this didn't work either without root-right:

    BB> $ apt-get install rsync E: Unable to lock the administration
    BB> directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you root?

You need to be root to install software on your machine.  sudo is not the
only way to become root; "su" first.

--
  Richard Silverman
  res@qoxp.net

0
res49 (1410)

How to use SSH to forward secure connection to insecure connection?
Hi all, I have written a TCP server program on Linux that listens to insecure connection from client and transfer bi-directional data insecurely. The client application is developed by the third party, now it has changed to establish secure connection to my server using SSH, but my server does not support. I wonder whether there is a simply way to accept it without changing my program, that is, running another agent program on the Linux that can accept SSH connection from the client and transfer data securely with the client, but can communicate with my server using ordinary socket connection. I try to use ssh command provided by OpenSSH, but it can only forward insecure connection to secure one, can not forward in the reverse way. Can anybody met with the same occasion before and can give me your solution ? Please note, as the client is developed and the machine is maintained by the third party, and has already support SSH, I can not ask them to install another ssh client for their OS ( they must remodify their program back to using insecure connection) . Any clue from you are appreciated. Thanks. Take a look at www.stunnel.org. -- jbeasley@sdf.lonestar.org SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.lonestar.org >>>>> "JB" == Joe Beasley <jbeasley@otaku.freeshell.org> writes: JB> Take a look at www.stunnel.org. -- jbeasley@sdf.lonestar.org SDF JB> Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.lonestar.org No; stunnel does...

net::ssh::Perl connecting to f-secure ssh server
Hi, I asked this on the wonderful Perlmonks site and am repeating here incase the one with the answer is here and not there.... We need to write a script that will connect to a softswitch (Ericsson), run commands retrieving output to files and sometimes using some of that output as parameters to more commands. The softswitch runs on Windows NT server and uses F-Secure 3.2.0. The client box will be Solaris with Perl 5.8.8. I can run ssh from the shell and connect OK. I can run the "commands" and see output on screen. I have started to write a demo in Perl and I can login f...

cannot connect through ssh after ssh-shutdown
Hi, I was trying to restart a computer remotely using ssh (putty), and I think that I may have shut it down? I tried shutdown -r now, and that didn't seem to work. So I tried: shutdown -r now halt poweroff After issuing the poweroff command, the putty terminal hung for 5 minutes or so until I closed it. When I try to reconnect through putty, putty immediately errors out with "Network error: connection refused". Did I shut down the server? Thanks Dave In article <c0558eee-a099-4ea1-a5ba-76780a882112@m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, davids <davidshumway@gmail.com> writes: > Hi, > > I was trying to restart a computer remotely using ssh (putty), and I > think that I may have shut it down? I tried shutdown -r now, and that > didn't seem to work. So I tried: > > shutdown -r now > halt > poweroff > > After issuing the poweroff command, the putty terminal hung for 5 > minutes or so until I closed it. When I try to reconnect through > putty, putty immediately errors out with "Network error: connection > refused". Did I shut down the server? > > Thanks > Dave Yep, sure did. Either poweroff or halt will stop the machine entirely. This assumes you had root/superuser privilege on the remote machine. Assuming the remote machine is a unix box and you were using your ssh connection as a terminal screen, next time you might want to try "sync;sync;sync;{reboot|fastboot}". Again, as...

Is my CE device secure connecting via SSH/Telnet on a public wifi network?
I am at a college and on the wifi network with my Jornada 720. I was thinking about logging into my AOL accout (since I cant access my pop3 account outside of their network and AOL works everywhere) but I think someone here must have a packet sniffer and waiting for such a password. So is it safer just not to use AOL? I will not be able to email without it. I also tried accessing my Unix shell via SSH but for whatever reason I cannot. Perhaps this is a server problem or a network provblem. My website is accessible via PIE. Pocket TTY opens and I get to the password area and type my pas...

ssh: how to make it drop the connection when it is not connected?
I've set up a ssh tunnel that runs at startup so that I can send mail when I'm off-campus: #!/bin/sh # http://cg.scs.carleton.ca/~morin/misc/laptopmail/ .. /etc/rc.common ConsoleMessage "Starting smtptunnel" while [ 1 ]; do ssh -N -L25:mailserver:25 username@mailserver sleep 5 done The loop should make it maintain the connection when it drops. Unfortunately, when it is set up and then I lose network connectivity (sleeping my machine and waking it back up, or leaving wireless range), it doesn't drop the connection; instead it maintains some sort of zombie connection. ...

SSH connection script connecting to Cisco devices
Hello, I have been looking around the net for a script to help me connect to and help gather information from Cisco routers/switches. I have pieced together a couple of different scripts from various different sources. I am having issue when connecting to Cisco devices. For some reason the scripts timesout/stops working just after the connection section of the script. It does not give me a confirmation of completeion nor does it give me an error. Since this same script works when connecting to any linux computer. I assume the code is working correctly. I also assume that I am leaving o...

Reverse ssh connection (is it possible?)
I have my pc (natted but I can modify my firewall as needed) and I want to connect to a pc behind a firewall (this is a friend's pc, his provider gives him a private ip). I can ask him to type some commands, but I want to be able to use his pc with ssh. Is it possible to establish a connection from his pc to my pc (works now) and then use that connection to allow me to control his pc? Thank you, Francesco. Francesc0 wrote: > I have my pc (natted but I can modify my firewall as needed) and I want to > connect to a pc behind a firewall (this is a friend's pc, his provider > ...

AppleShare and secure SSH connection ?
When you connect to a server using the finder's "Connect to server" command, there is is an "options..." button in the window where you enter your name and password. One of these options is "Allow secure connections using SSH". I thought this would allow connecting to the server using SSH, but it does not, it just connects using the afp protocol as usual (I checked with tcpdump). But then, what is this option for ? Mats Weber wrote: > When you connect to a server using the finder's "Connect to server" > command, there is is an &quo...

creating a secure ssh connection
Hi, Im trying to create ssh session using a private and public key. I generated the private/public key and sent the public key over to the remote server. I use the following command to cennect: [emqetp60@kazaka3 ~]$ ssh -i /home/username/.ssh/id_dsa -v -C -l username -p 2400 -L 1415:server_ip:1460 -R 3460:local_ip:1414 server_ip OpenSSH_4.5p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8b 04 May 2006 debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 23: Deprecated option "RHostsAuthentication" debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 24: Deprecated option "FallBackToRsh&quo...

ssh connections hang; un-hang on subsequent connection
I'm experiencing a strange problem with ssh connections to my ssh server at home. I suspect it might have something to do with either my firewall or my DSL hardware, but as I'm not certain I thought I'd ask here to find out if anyone's seen this behavior before. In a nutshell, I can make an initial connection to my ssh server fine. The problem is if I make a second connection, and exit, the first connection will frequently "freeze" and the session will not respond. When I re-connect with ssh (or sftp), the first session "thaws" and all the keystrokes I had...

ssh connect failed with Software caused connection abort
hi group, We are experience some ssh connection problems from our company to our data center. we are using user/password authenticatoin method and tail of the debug log goes as: idcuser@129.xx.xx.xx's password: debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 60 padlen 4 extra_pad 64) debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply debug1: Authentication succeeded (password). Authenticated to 129.xx.xx.xx ([129.xx.xx.xx]:22). debug1: channel 0: new [client-session] debug3: ssh_session2_open: channel_new: 0 debug2: channel 0: send open debug1: Entering interactive session. debug2: call...

ssh ssh
I am trying to write a script that takes a list of hosts and sshs into the first one and then can ssh to other ones. I can only ssh to the other hosts from the first host. Here is what I tried: I think it is waiting for the ssh to the first host to finish. I guess I could scp a partial hostlist and a program to *.domain and then run the program remotely. Am I on a right track? #!/bin/perl use strict; open( HL, '<hostlist3.txt' ) || die "can't open hostlist3"; #!/bin/perl use strict; open( HL, '<hostlist3.txt' ) || die "can't open hostlist3&qu...

ssh to ssh
I have the following scenerio: Remote PC with Xmanager small linux gateway, with sshd and ssh but no X software local host with sshd and X software I am trying to do the following from the remote PC: ssh -X (gateway addr. x.x.x.x "ssh -X (local host add 192.168.25.40) xterm" and it is failing. Please help if possible. Looking at the verbose output I see: OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7c 30 Sep 2003 debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0 debug1: Connecting to x.x.x.x [x.x.x.x] port 80. debug1: Connection established. debug1: ident...

ssh: how to connect?
Hallo, I'd like to connect by ssh to a pc. I need to have a quite complex interaction with PC. How can I connect by ssh with java? I'd like to find something free and easy. Thank you in advance, MArio. _mario.lat wrote: > Hallo, > I'd like to connect by ssh to a pc. > I need to have a quite complex interaction with PC. > How can I connect by ssh with java? > I'd like to find something free and easy. > Thank you in advance, > MArio. Try these as starting points: http://www.openssh.com/java.html http://linuxmafia.com/ssh/java.html but be warned that, thou...

Connect from SSH Secure Shell to OpenSSH
I'm having trouble connecting without password from a system running SSH Secure Shell (3.2.0) to a system running OpenSSH (3.4p1). First I tried copying my three pubkeys from the OpenSSH machine to ~/.ssh2/*.pub. When I tried to ssh to the OpenSSH machine it failed with warning: Could not read public key file /export/home/.ssh2/id_rsa.pub then prompted me for my password. A little investigation suggested I needed to run "ssh -e -f <pubkey>" on OpenSSH and copy the result over to the SSH Secure Shell system. I tried this but got the same error. My ~/.ssh/authorizati...

SSH Connection
I am having problems connecting my linux box to my windows box via SSH. I have opened up port 22 on my linux box firewall, my router, and my windows xp box. I try to connect using the following command: ssh username@IP_Address. When I do this command, it just hangs and eventually says, "Connection refused". I have tried to connect on both sides of the router: At IHOP, and at home. In both places, it hangs. I tried connecting SSH at home (inside the router), by issuing the following command: ssh username@192.168.1.101 (the IP of my windows box), but it says, "ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.101 port 22: Connection refused". If anyone has an idea of where I should go next, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Cheers. -Alan On 2007-12-09, alan.bannet@gmail.com <alan.bannet@gmail.com> wrote: > box), but it says, "ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.101 port 22: > Connection refused". "Connection refused" means you don't seem to have a server running on the port 22 that you reached. Maybe you have no ssh server running (best checked on the host you believe has the server) or maybe routing/firewall arrangements don't allow you to reach the (right) port. -- Elvis Notargiacomo master AT barefaced DOT cheek http://www.notatla.org.uk/goen/ I checked services running, and smbd, nmbd, and windbd are all running. Is there another service that I should check? Cheers. -Alan alan.bannet@gmail.com wrote: > I checked ser...

SSH connections
I'm looking at thwarting some ssh probes by changing the port number and customizing the sshd_config file. I'm curious if these probes have an adverse affect on the performance of the server or are the connection attempts inexpensive resource-wise? Are there any ways to measure the impact of these connection attempts? Fred Fred wrote: > I'm looking at thwarting some ssh probes by changing the port number > and customizing the sshd_config file. I'm curious if these probes have > an adverse affect on the performance of the server or are the > connect...

ssh: connect to host host_name port 22: Connection refused
I get the following error when using ssh to connect to an AIX machine, oslevel 5300-05-02, OpenSSH_4.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7g, from a similar machine, and entering invalid passwords three times, then entering the ssh to the machine again; ssh: connect to host host_name port 22: Connection refused After 30 seconds, I can ssh to the machine without the error. I thought this was controlled in /etc/security/login.cfg with setting these; logindisable, logininterval and loginreenable but they are all set to a value of 0. Is there another place that this is set that I'm missing? I was playing aro...

ssh connections?
Hi! I'm new in Python and I have to make a ssh connection to a proxy server. Can you tell me how can I do it? I've tried to find something useful, but I didn't find anything in books or in the internet. I have installed the version 1.5.2 of Python. Do you know if I need to install a newer one to use ssh connections? If you can tell me where can I find more information, please tell me. Thx Laura Uixera Cotano wrote: > > I'm new in Python and I have to make a ssh connection to a proxy server. > Can you tell me how can I do it? > I've tried to find something...

SSH over SSH
Hi all, Our university network is accessed through a gateway machine, which accepts SSH connections and from which I can SSH onto other machines. I'm looking to write a program to make it easy for Mac OS X users to set up tunnels. Part of this involves storing passwords in the keychain. If I just want to forward a local port to the gateway machine, I can set SSH_ASKPASS to something suitable which looks in the keychain. However, if I want to forward a local port to another machine on my university network, i.e., another hop, I need to somehow have an SSH_ASKPASS utility on the gateway m...

ssh connection
I need to execute commands on a server through a ssh connection, username and password required. I do I setup this connection using matlab and then how do I execute my commands? Anything will help Sebastian ...

what causes slow ssh connection and slow mysql connection on local server?

connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH)
Hi, All: My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint how can I do that. Many thanks. Xiaoyu zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com wrote: > My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, > and I can login that server via SSH. You don't need to have ssh access to the remote database server in order to be able to connect to the database (at least if the database server is configured to wait for remote connections). > I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint h...

[SSH-RSYNC] re-connecting to a backgrounded job(RSYNC) after SSH disconnection

Web resources about - possible? ssh-connection as XP- network connection - comp.security.ssh

Terminal Tips: More reliable SSH connections to your Back to My Mac hosts
Back to My Mac is a feature of MobileMe that allows you to connect remotely to your Macs. Usually this is for screen-sharing or file-sharing ...

SSH Tunnel Provides a Secure Internet Connection for Your Android Device with One Click
Android: SSH Tunnel is free, open source, and provides one-click SSH tunneling for the entire system or individual apps. The app's official purpose ...