prngd not seeded error on sco unixware 7.1.1

I have downloaded the latest versions of ssh-3.4.p1 and prngd-0.9.22  as
well as ssl-0.9.6e and zlib-1.1.4 .  After installation and starting
sshd I receive the error that prngd is not seeded and sshd bails.
I have tried various things to get this working, included defining the
config file and seed file within the start up of prngd .  Another option
was putting my linking my egd-pool to /dev/urandom.  This actually
produced a different effect, instead of bailing the program actually
started to do the key generation, but just hung there with that, not
doing anything.

If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to make suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Bob

Giving away: Unixware 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 media, SDK and updates
I'm cleaning-up and need to give away or throw-out all my unixware media: 7.1.0 - 7.1.3, the software development kit and updates. I've already sold-off the licenses so this is the media only! Please respond to ftarz@mindspring.com if you are interested. You pay the shipping of your choice. ...

Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines
Hi, I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. Have got all the commands / scripts for AIX, Solaris and HP-UX but not for SCO. Many thanks, Steve Button On 2 Aug 2005 04:06:58 -0700, "Steve Button" <steve0504@pointers-uk.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO >5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the >info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, >disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, >tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). > >Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this >info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for >some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. > Is version 5.7.1.1 UnixWare 7.1.1? I've never seen Unixware in any form, but on SCO OpenServer there is a command called "hw" which will detail most if not all of what y...

VPN SCO unixware 7.1.3 or 7.1.4
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to setting up a vpn on unixware. Would like to use a basic linksys type router with vpn .. any help or direction would be appreciated "crayzeetrayn" <jpg@jdconsulting-usa.com> wrote in message news:1179533916.151937.241120@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone point me in the right direction as to setting up a vpn on > unixware. Would like to use a basic linksys type router with vpn .. > any help or direction would be appreciated The linksys worked fine for me. Have you read the accompanying help info in the l...

how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1
hi, i like to know how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1? it need any patches?.if so mail me to--snaren_dba@yahoo.com -- Posted via http://dbforums.com I use oracle 817 on a unixware 711 with maintenance pack 3. I only had problems with tmp free space during installation, if you don't have a big tmp volume try to link Oracle install directory outside. Greetings. snaren_dba <member32299@dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3143890.1058980488@dbforums.com>... > hi, > i like to know how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1? it need > a...

Re: Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines (fwd)
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Steve Button wrote: > I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO > 5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the > info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, > disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, > tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). > > Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this > info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for > some of the morning but I'm not having mu...

1 - 1, 1 -1, 1-1, 1
Hi, I have a question regarding lexical analysis. I recently came across a bug in our lexical analyser in phc (www.phpcompiler.org), that I am unsure how to solve. This is the problem: our current definition for integer constant looks something like INT ([1-9][0-9]*)|0 In particular, note that it does not allow for an (optional) "+" or "-" at the start of the integer. This means that the strings "1 - 1", "1 -1" and "1-1" all generate the same sequence of three tokens INT(1), OP(-), INT(1), for which the syntax analyser generates the subtree BIN_OP(-, 1, 1). For the string "1 - -1", the lexer (unsurprisingly) generates INT(1), OP(-), OP(-), INT(1). The syntax analyser recognises this as BIN_OP(1, UNARY_OP(-, 1)). In other words, the second "-" is treated as a unary operator, rather than as part of the number. This works fine, with the sole exception of the number "-2147483648". The problem is, of course, overflow: -2147483648 is a valid negative number (assuming 32-bit numbers), but the integer 2147483648 is _not_ a valid positive number. Thus, the above method of dealing with "-" as a unary operator breaks down. The solution is to interpret the "-" as part of the number, and generate INT(-2147483648), rather than OP(-), INT(...). However, changing the definition of INT to INT [+-]?([1-9][0-9]*)|0 causes "1-1" to be recognised as INT(1), INT(-1), which is...

Problem:installing oracle 7.2.3 on unixware 7.1.1 error!!!!!!
I installing the oracle 7.2.3 on unixware 7.1.1 . What I do is following the install manual, ( 1.mount oracle cd-rom on /mnt directory 2.su - oracle oracle>mkdir $ORACLE_HOME/link oracle>/mnt/start.sh oracle>$ORACLE_HOME/link/orainst/orainst when the orainst intsaller ready to install the oracle to UNIX os,the erorr is FILE NOT FOUND..... but have some problems when running the orainst ...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.new...

ERROR IN EXPRESSION; -1 - (-1) not 1
The expression isn't a = 1 - (1-), but: a = -1 - (1) der <der@noemail.com> scribbled the following: > The expression isn't a = 1 - (1-), but: a = -1 - (1) Ah, that's different, then. Then the answer is: The result will be -2. You have *no* guarantees about which of -1 or (1) is evaluated first, but as they don't have side effects, you don't have to care. -- /-- Joona Palaste (palaste@cc.helsinki.fi) ---------------------------\ | Kingpriest of "The Flying Lemon Tree" G++ FR FW+ M- #108 D+ ADA N+++| | http://www.helsinki.fi/~palaste W++ B OP+ | \----------------------------------------- Finland rules! ------------/ "To doo bee doo bee doo." - Frank Sinatra ...

Shared Memory Problems, Informix IDS 7.31 install on SCO UnixWare 7.1.1
Hi All, First of all, here is what I am using: SCO UnixWare 7.1.1, IDS 7.3.1. My problem is with shared memory. I have set all of the settings according to the machine specific notes in the the release note except for this part: INFORMIX-OnLine Kernel Parameters: ================================= SEMMNI: 150 SEMMNS: 60 SEMMSL: 150 Where do these get set? I changed (as per IDS_7.3 in the release notes): SHMMNI 200 SHMSEG: 15 SHMMAX: 536870912 and rebuilt the kernel and they all check out using idtune -g <name>. The error I get in the online.log after onmonitor fails is: 15:46:18 shmat: [EMFILE][24]: out of shared memory segments, check system SHMSEG 15:46:18 mt_shm_init: can't create virtual segment Using ipcs and ipcrm I made sure that there were no blocks of shared memory left hanging around from previous attempts to initialize. I have read through the install docs and most of what is relevant on this group and, unless I missed something (which after the thousands of lines I have read here I am sure that I have) I am lost as to how to solve this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John M mozurkewichj@mps.k12.mi.us > What are your settings for NETTYPE, BUFFERS and SHMVIRTSIZE ? Here are the settings you requested. Through the IDS docs that I am using it says to make BUFFERS = 25000, I tried that but the problem still persists. NETTYPE ipcshm,1,13,NET BUFFERS 2...

Unixware 7.1.1 mp 1 and assertion
Hi, I've got a client requirement that we support Unixware 7.1.1 with maintenance pack 1 installed (they can't update). Our applications seem to run ok, but when they exit we get a core-dump with an assertion thread_util.c on line 180. The stack trace reads: *[0] _kill(0x5f0f, 0x6) [0xbff9b54c] [1] abort(presumed: 0xbf9eefb8, 0xbfffee6c, 0xbf9dfc56) [0xbffd43ea] [2] std::abort(void)(0xbfffd3dc, 0xbf9e20d8, 0xbf9eedbc, 0xb4) [0xbf9dd4da] [3] __Rmutex::lock(void)(presumed: 0xbf9efcf0, 0xbf9eefb8, 0xbfda9788) [0xbf9dfc51] [4] std::_Lockit::_Lockit(int)(0x80...

rpm Problems on SCO UnixWare 7.1.1
I am having problems using the rpm v. 3.0.6 that comes with UnixWare 7.1.1. Whenever I give it any command other than --help, --showrc, or --version I get: rpm: only one major mode may be specified I have rpm working fine on AIX and Tru64, and of course Linux. I sure did not expect to run into any problems with rpm on SCO. What do I need to do to get this thing working. Our company needs rpm support very badly as we distribute our Java apps in noarch rpms, and we have to support SCO UW 7.1.1 platforms. Some of the commands that I have tried are: rpm -qa rpm -qpi filename.noarch.rpm rpm -qpl f...

C++ Link Error on UnixWare 7.1.1
I am porting a product to UnixWare 7.1.1 by re-compiling the source code in C++ (already have a few ported to other Unix platforms). There is always the following link error while I am compiling C++ code, I give the example code and the error message: vbase1.h #if defined(UNIXWARE) && defined(shutdown) #undef shutdown #endif class vbase1 { public: enum Mynum { INCOMPLETE_REQUEST = -1000, FILE_NOT_OPEN, FILE_IN_USE, NO_SUCH_HOST, CONN_BROKEN, INVALID_FILE, ...

C++ Link Error on UnixWare 7.1.1 #2
I am porting a product to UnixWare 7.1.1 by re-compiling the source code in C++ (already have a few ported to other Unix platforms). There is always the following link error while I am compiling C++ code, I give the example code and the error message: vbase1.h #if defined(UNIXWARE) && defined(shutdown) #undef shutdown #endif class vbase1 { public: enum Mynum { INCOMPLETE_REQUEST = -1000, FILE_NOT_OPEN, FILE_IN_USE, NO_SUCH_HOST, CONN_BROKEN, INVALID_FILE, ...

plot 1, -1, 1, -1, -1
Hi, How to plot those numbers in a rectangle style? thanks x = linspace(-4*pi,4*pi,1000); y = sin(x); plot(x,sign(y)), axis([-12 12 -2 2]) PZ <patrick.zou@gmail.com> wrote in message <d64c545f-f2ac-4f87-af89-051bda896707@x6g2000vbg.googlegroups.com>... > Hi, > > How to plot those numbers in a rectangle style? > > thanks help stairs stairs([-1 1 -1 1 -1 1]) hth Jos ...

UnixWare 7.1.4 UnixWare 7.1.3 : ppp buffer overflow
iDEFENSE has identified a Buffer Overflow vulnerability in SCO Unixware ppp prompt. Local exploitation of a buffer overflow vulnerability in the ppp binary, allows attackers to gain root privileges. This could lead to the execution of arbitrary code with root privileges, as ppp is setuid root by default. More: http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/414069 -- Regards, Weird (Harold Stevens) * IMPORTANT EMAIL INFO FOLLOWS * Pardon any bogus email addresses (wookie) in place for spambots. Really, it's (wyrd) at airmail, dotted with net. DO NOT SPAM IT. Kids jumpin...

Runtime 7.1 and Runtime 7.1.1
Hi,all &nbsp; I wrote VI sequencer that can run different VI's. I was built this sequencer to exe in LabVIEW&nbsp;7.1.1 and it work as executable and run VI's in run-time engine 7.1.1 Now i have some VI that was wrote in LabVIEW 7.1 and executable can't run it, because VI opened with error: &nbsp; "VI has an error of type A340. Full development version of LabVIEW is required for fix the errors" &nbsp; But when i open this VI in LabVIEW 7.1.1 it hasn't errors and only it opened as changed VI (with star) because there is different LV version. &nbsp;...

BWidget 1.7 error with Tcl/Tk 8.1.1
Hello. I've used BWidget 1.7 with Tcl/Tk 8.1.1. When the package is loaded, an error occurs. Probably, I think that the following code is wrong. pagesmgr.tcl package require Tcl 8.1.1 pkgIndex.tcl package require Tk 8.1.1 widget.tcl package require Tcl 8.1.1 If 8.1.1 or more Tcl are required, you should describe it as "package require Tcl 8.1" or "pacakge require Tk 8.1" ----- Satoshi Imai s-imai@japan.interq.or.jp Satoshi Imai wrote: > I've used BWidget 1.7 with Tcl/Tk 8.1.1. > When the package is loaded, an error occurs. ... > widget.tc...

LV 7.1.1 & Teststand 3.1- Bug in error-out ?
Hello everybody, i�m using Teststand 3.1 and Labview 7.1 which is now updated to 7.1.1 (Win2000) When running a teststep which has an error/errorcode/errormessage in the error-output-parameter then the Teststand-RunTimeError-Errorbox says: **Details: Parameter �Error� **LABVIEW version �7.1.1� is not installed. **Errorcode: **-17003; An item could not be found in system registry. But this is not the message which is in the parameter. All VIS are mass-compiled to 7.1.1. Same problem occurs on two computers You can reproduce this error by doing this steps: -Open Teststand 3.1 with a new ...

Ruby 1.9.0/1.8.7/1.8.6/1.8.5 new releases (Security Fix)
Hi all. Some vulnerabilities were found on Ruby, one of which allow attackers to execute arbitrary codes. These are releases to fix those problems. Also note this is the last official release of ruby 1.8.5. No support are provided for it by us any longer. Detailed information should be found at: http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2008/06/20/arbitrary-code-execution-vulnerabilities Released tarballs are available at: ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.9/ruby-1.9.0-2.tar.bz2 ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.9/ruby-1.9.0-2.tar.gz ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.9/ruby-1.9.0-2.zip ftp://...

Unixware 7.1.1 & Sendmail 8.10.1 uuencode problem
I'm trying to figure out a way to encode a binary file and email it from our UnixWare server. uuencode filename filename | mail -s "test" email@address doesn't work when it arrives it appears as text with "begin 644 filename" etc. not as an attachment. I can get it to appear as an attachment if I use mailto and use the ~ commands to import the uuencoded file. But upon arrival the files seem to be corrupted. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kalen Kalen Marra typed (on Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 12:10:29PM -0500): | I'm trying to figure out ...

SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_4.1 vs. SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.8.1.p1
Are there any known issues with SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_4.1, as with version SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.8.1.p1 I don't have to set keep alive parameter? I am not sure if this is related, I have a ksh script that calls a db2 pl stored procedure several times when it comes to certain iteration, it ends up hanging in the middle. I experienced this with an environment that has SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_4.1 but not with a different environment that has OpenSSH_3.8.1.p1. Thanks in advance ...

UnixWare 7.1.1 Installation
I need to install UnixWare on a very old box (PII, 96MB RAM, IDE HDD 2.1 Gb) Everything goes fine, but when packages installation ended and the system is going to build kernel I recieve a message: Internal error: /mnt/etc/conf/.new_unix file is missing Installation aborted May be some one knows how can I fix this problem -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

Labview 7.1.1 Errors
I am using the version 7.1.1 of LV and LV RT, i am programming a cFP-2020. &nbsp; &nbsp; Labview&nbsp;keeps crashing and losing the connection with the remote target (cFP), i am attaching a file containing all the error logs generated by LV, i never got this problem with earlier versions of LV i think this may be some kind of bug plase let me know how can i fix it. &nbsp; By the way my PC is a PIV @3 GHZ , 1 GB of RAM running WinXP SP2 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

Web resources about - prngd not seeded error on sco unixware 7.1.1 - comp.security.ssh

UnixWare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UnixWare is typically deployed as a server rather than desktop . Binary distributions of UnixWare are available for x86 architecture computers. ...

UnixWare 7.1.3 Review
OSNews is Exploring the Future of Computing with news on desktop, server, mobile, and specialty operating systems and new computing technology. ...

Ask Slashdot: Finding Legacy UnixWare Installation Media?
... Unisys server in production that hosts a legacy system and are attempting to virtualize it. Unfortunately we don't have a generic UnixWare (2.1.2) ...

Univerzitní křesťanské hnutí - Unlap - Seitenverzeichnis - Facebook
Results from the Seiten directory for Univerzitní křesťanské hnutí - Unlap. Search Facebook for more Seiten with names like Univerzitní křesťanské ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix
about dmoz - dmoz blog - suggest URL - update listing - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Operating_Systems/Unix Description ...

SCO official defends Linux sales after suit was filed
The SCO Group's product management director, Erik Hughes, says the company continued to sell its Linux products for over two months after suing ...

Cisco Technical Forums
Find ANY word Find ALL words Find EXACT phrase Help Aironet Power Supplies VoIP Gateways Cisco Repair Refurbished Cisco Cisco CPQRGs New ...

An IBM, Sequent deal would drive Monterey
Rumors of a possible merger with IBM drive Sequent's stock price up, but technology analysts aren't convinced a deal is sensible or imminent. ...

SCO puts disputed code in the spotlight
Technology launches take second place at SCO's confab to a defense of the legal battles against Linux, as the company displays the lines of code ...

Games on a Plane [ 2 ]
If you've flown on a major airline in the past few years, chances are you've seen your share of in-flight games. But who is behind all these, ...