pscp Unix to Unix

I'm using the pscp command to get a file from a Unix ftp server.
Here's the command:
pscp -v -P 22 -pw MYPASSWORD -batch MYUSER@some.location.edu:/src//
file.txt file2.txt

Here's the trace:
Server version: SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_4.5
We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY_Release_0.60
Using SSH protocol version 2
Doing Diffie-Hellman group exchange
Doing Diffie-Hellman key exchange with hash SHA-256
Host key fingerprint is:
ssh-rsa 2048 71:8a:33:8d:e7:41:95:45:c2:f2:77:ff:27:aa:0a:bb
Initialised AES-256 SDCTR client->server encryption
Initialised HMAC-SHA1 client->server MAC algorithm
Initialised AES-256 SDCTR server->client encryption
Initialised HMAC-SHA1 server->client MAC algorithm
Using username "MYUSER".
Keyboard-interactive authentication refused
Sent password
Access denied
Access denied
Disconnected: Unable to authenticate

When I run this command in a Unix box, it gives me the error above,
but it works fine in a Windows box.  Any idea?
0
txiong21 (3)

Tong  <txiong21@gmail.com> wrote:
> Using username "MYUSER".
[...]
> When I run this command in a Unix box, it gives me the error above,
> but it works fine in a Windows box.  Any idea?

The most obvious thing that springs to mind is that Unix user names
are rarely in upper case. Does the Unix box send the user name in
lower case?
--
Simon Tatham         "My heart bleeds.
<anakin@pobox.com>    (That's how it works.)"   -- Gareth Taylor
On Jun 9, 6:07=A0pm, Simon Tatham <ana...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Tong =A0<txion...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Using username "MYUSER".
> [...]
> > When I run this command in a Unix box, it gives me the error above,
> > but it works fine in a Windows box. =A0Any idea?
>
> The most obvious thing that springs to mind is that Unix user names
> are rarely in upper case. Does the Unix box send the user name in
> lower case?
> --
> Simon Tatham =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 "My heart bleeds.
> <ana...@pobox.com> =A0 =A0(That's how it works.)" =A0 -- Gareth Taylor

I substitued my real user name, but to answer your question, the user
name is in lower case.

I'm able to ssh and scp into the box just fine.  It's just when I use
putty's psftp and pscp that I get the authentication error above.

Thanks
0
txiong21 (3)

Oh dear god! Unix Unix Unix! DIE!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, I pretty much gave up on Unix. Spent three weeks just trying to get 1 simple application running on it. All it took was Apache, MySQL, php, and phpmyadmin. Read books, read posts, read newsgroups... Simply can't be done without hiring someone and I really wanted to learn it myself. Somehow after 100-150 hours of trying things I just snapped and lost my mind. I literally smashed the Mac-Mini and a Wintel box with Fedora Core 4 into 1,000,000 pieces with an axe. I figure i'm losing at least $500 a day right now because I'm completely down. That may not seem like a lot bu...

unix version of unix
I need to install version of clipper under Solaris intel platform . Where can I find it easily downloaded and easily exapnded ? "hpy_awad@yahoo.com" <ehab_aziz2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7ecaee57.0402032342.679c3b02@posting.google.com... > I need to install version of clipper under Solaris intel platform . > Where can I find it easily downloaded and easily exapnded ? I use FlagShip. It's an excellent product. But not free! It is available for Sun Solaris. Visit www.fship.com -- Norman Perelson http://www.shopkeeper.co.za mailto:norman@shoso.co.za ...

How do i connect UNIX TO UNIX Machines???
Hi friends, i have a unix machine PC1 where a database is running ( IBM DB2 V8.1 ) . Then i have another machine PC2 i installed there also ( IBM DB2 V8.1 ). On PC2 i installed unixODBC. To connect to the database over ODBC on unix i did this: on db2 console: catalog tcpip node archiv remote PC1 server DB2_db2inst1 command successfull then catalog database archiv command successfull then connect to archiv command successfull then is used the tool isql isql -v archiv root password command successfull Now i am connect but i cant make this commands but there are t...

Dialup FTP UNIX to UNIX
I can transfer a file through UUCP and it works fine, but I'm trying to setup a dialup connection using pppattach and use ftp to transfer files. Can this be done? How? I'm running SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 on my local machine. -- Posted via http://dbforums.com On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:35:47 -0500, harveyfl36 <member46834@dbforums.com> wrote: > > I can transfer a file through UUCP and it works fine, but I'm trying to > setup a dialup connection using pppattach and use ftp to transfer files. > Can this be done? How? > Read all the documentation you can find fo...

Plan 9 is more Unix than UNIX is.
greetings, imho everybody on this list knows unix, so this article (http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/library/pa-spec13/?ca=dgr-lnxw07UnixStandard) will not be news. but i like the quote about plan9 (see subject). bengt ...

Unix to Netware or Netware from Unix
Unix to Netware or Netware from Unix I have to copy (more than a dozen lots) 500Gb of files from a Unix server (Solaris) to a Netware (ver5+) server. Can any body suggest a "proven" method. thanks Grahame On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 03:41:06 GMT, Grahame Rumballe wrote: > Unix to Netware or Netware from Unix > I have to copy (more than a dozen lots) 500Gb of files from a Unix server > (Solaris) > to a Netware (ver5+) server. > Can any body suggest a "proven" method. Depending on the version of Netware you have, you may have either or...

Unix to Netware or Netware from Unix
Unix to Netware or Netware from Unix I have to copy (more than a dozen lots) 500Gb of files from a Unix server (Solaris) to a Netware (ver5+) server. Can any body suggest a "proven" method. thanks Grahame "Grahame Rumballe" <grahame.a.rumballe@mainroads.qld.gov.au> wrote in message news:yAmze.2430$Zn.112988@news.optus.net.au... > Unix to Netware or Netware from Unix > > I have to copy (more than a dozen lots) 500Gb of files from a Unix server > (Solaris) > > to a Netware (ver5+) server. > > Can any body suggest a "proven" met...

Is it possible to write Unix for Unix ???
So that Unix can emulate Unix which does emulate Unix while emulating Unix .... Possible? "Robin-Louis Clevis" <eaten_arm@yahoo.ca> writes: > So that Unix can emulate Unix which does emulate Unix while emulating > Unix .... > > Possible? Of course. Just run user-mode-linux on user-mode-linux on user-mode-linux. -- __Pascal Bourguignon__ http://www.informatimago.com/ IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PURCHASERS: The entire physical universe, including this product, may one day collapse back into an infinitesimally small space. Should another universe ...

unix
UNIX RULEZ! anok wrote: > UNIX RULEZ! I think you may be preaching to the converted in this newsgroup. Dave -- Faculty of Divinity, University of Cambridge West Road, Cambridge, CB3 9BS http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~djg39/ [Dave's University home page] http://www.food-in-due-season.info/ [Dave's book, published May 2005] On 2005-05-15, anok scribbled these curious markings: > UNIX RULEZ! Maybe, maybe not, but *please* don't use such kiddie spelling conventions. It makes the people who've designed that which you love look bad by association. Best Regards, Christopher Nehren -- I abhor a system designed for the "user", if that word is a coded pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated". -- Ken Thompson If you ask the wrong questions, you get answers like "42" and "God". Unix is user friendly. However, it isn't idiot friendly. anok wrote: > UNIX RULEZ! I was under the impression that FreeBSD technically is not UNIX. But I may be wrong. -- Bob After replacing Bob with a small shell script on Sunday 15 May 2005 16:20, the following appeared on stdout: > I was under the impression that FreeBSD technically is not UNIX. > > But I may be wrong. You're not. Something has to be certified as a Unix to be able to call itself Unix, and FreeBSD isn't AFAIK. Unix is a trademark, as is FreeBSD. However, the word "Unix" is widely used (...

unix
Tru64 UNIX http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/tru64-unix.html UNIX System III http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/unix-system-iii.html PWB/UNIX http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/pwbunix.html C (programming language) http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/c-programming-language.html UNIX System V http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/unix-system-v.html ...

Unix
Listing The file data.txt has the following structure: Item1 Item2 ... ItemN ------------------------------------------------ Value11 Value21 ... ValueN1 Value12 Value22 ... ValueN2 : : : Value1M Value2M ... ValueNM Create a script that displays the information from the file data.txt sorted by some criteria. Your script should have the following input parameters: listing -h -ilist -olist -ffile -h displays help -ilist, list defines criteria for sorting, -olist, list defines which values will be displayed on the output, -ffile, name of the input file. Example listing -i3,4 -o2,1 -fs...

Unix
hi, can anyone tell me something about Unix code? thank GasGas wrote: > hi, can anyone tell me something about Unix code? > thank It's very good. Something like spaghetti. :-) -- Joe Wright "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." --- Albert Einstein --- GasGas wrote (in article <cNpAf.138548$65.3905658@twister1.libero.it>): > hi, can anyone tell me something about Unix code? Yes. It runs better than most Windows code. Would you like to ask a more specific question? -- Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR) ...

Unix
I like Unix ...

Unix
Hi, Can any one tell how to open the gmail from Unix. I want to run the gmail from unix command. Could any one please tell me. ...

Unix Sys Admin + Unix Engineer
Looking for 1 unix sys admin and 1 unix engineer in downtown Atlanta. Must have solid shell scripting experience, and very strong in Perl. Also strong in Apache or SSL or PHP. It is a 3 month contract to hire position with a web hosting company. ...

pwrite() on Unix and Unix-like OSes
Hello, I am interested in pwrite() system call behavior on different Unix and Unix-like OSes. On Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, the manual page for pread(2)/pwrite(2) says: BUGS POSIX requires that opening a file with the O_APPEND flag should have no affect on the location at which pwrite() writes data. However, on Linux, if a file is opened with O_APPEND, pwrite() appends data to the end of the file, regardless of the value of offset. So consider this simple C-program: =============================================================== #include <unistd.h>...

[News] GNU is Not UNIX and Linux is Not UNIX

Unix timestamp , unix timestamp with microseconds ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C43ECB.032F2100 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-2" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I read the documentation well (PG 7.3.3 ) , it seems that there is not a n= ative support for data type UNIX TIMESTAMP and "unix timestamp expressed= as microseconds"=20=20 ie there it is impossible to direct insert and select=20=20 seconds_from _Epoch=20 seconds_from _Epoch (period) microseconds_part seconds_from _Epoch(no period here)microseconds_part=20 without ...

Digital UNIX vs. Tru64 UNIX
What are the main differences between the original DEC build of Digital UNIX and the later-released Tru64 UNIX which came out after Compaq bought DEC? In article <1184947665.799910.60640@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, x01001x <xemail@softhome.net> wrote: > What are the main differences between the original DEC build of > Digital UNIX and the later-released Tru64 UNIX which came out after > Compaq bought DEC? Digital UNIX to Tru64 UNIX was just a name change. The only influence Compaq had on the name change was acquiring Digital and having to remove D...

Unix timestamp , unix timestamp with microseconds
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C43EC8.23CD60A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-2" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I I read the documentation well (PG 7.3.3 ) , i see that there is not a nat= ive support for data type UNIX TIMESTAMP and "unix timestamp expressed a= s microseconds"=20=20 ie there it is impossible to direct insert and select=20=20 seconds_from _Epoch=20 seconds_from _Epoch (period) microseconds_part seconds_from _Epochmicroseconds_part without some data conversion...

DOS-to-Unix and Unix-To-Dos conversion
I am trying to convert HPUX files into DOS format and vice-versa. I use the following codes: DOS-TO-HPux function Dos2HPUx(InpFile,OpFile) fid=fopen(InpFile); Ofile=fopen(OpFile,'wt+'); fseek(fid,0,'eof'); EndPosition=ftell(fid); fseek(fid,0,'bof'); count=1; while ftell(fid)<EndPosition; lineread=fgetl(fid); if count~=1;%if not the first line of the file fwrite(Ofile,[char(10) lineread]);%unix format Only linefeed, and no carriagereturn... else fwrite(Ofile,[lineread]);%unix format end count=count+1; end fclose(fid); fclose(Ofil...

Difference between HP Unix and Unix AIX
What are the difference between HP Unix and HP AIX at command line ??? Is there any ? dlprogress wrote: > What are the difference between HP Unix and HP AIX at command line ??? > Is there any ? > > Unless you're getting into system dependent stuff, no, there's no real difference. However, one real difference is that AIX is an IBM and not an HP product. -- Fletcher Glenn ...

www.unix-solution.org (Unix Forum)
Dear all, http://www.unix-solution.org This is a UNIX forum. If you are interested, pls have a look and register a account to discuss. It's a new site but you can post your question on there. I'm sure you can get your answer from unix-solution.org if post your message. Have Fun! ...

www.unix-solution.org
http://www.unix-solution.org This is UNIX forum. If you are interesting, pls have a look and register a account to learn Solaris, UNIX. Thanks! in article 8342be4c.0402280353.2932c82e@posting.google.com, pcman at pcman@iloveilove.com wrote on 2/28/04 3:53 AM: > If you are interesting, Rules me out. ps wrote: > in article 8342be4c.0402280353.2932c82e@posting.google.com, pcman at > pcman@iloveilove.com wrote on 2/28/04 3:53 AM: > > >>If you are interesting, > > > Rules me out. > And *definitely* this thread, if you actually visit the site, it is *di...

Web resources about - pscp Unix to Unix - comp.security.ssh

BC SPCA: Leave a legacy of caring
Discover how you can leave a lasting gift by making the BC SPCA a beneficiary in your will or enroll in our Pet Survivour Care Program.

Signs point to some having prior knowledge October 17th was 'take down' day
MONCTON, NB–Coady Stevens, the first of six Mi'kmaq Warrior to appear on charges related to the anti-shale gas encampment along Highway 134, ...

- CUBuffs.com - Official Athletics Web site of the University of Colorado
,News, scores, schedules, stats, live video, live audio, on-demand video

Proposal would let chiropractors in Wisconsin prescribe drugs
The Wisconsin Chiropractic Association wants the state to let chiropractors prescribe drugs and do minor procedures, a proposal the rival Chiropractic ...

‘New Girl’ star catches J-Roll’s ball
SOME GUYS have all the luck. “New Girl” star Jake Johnson hadn’t been at Monday’s Phillies-Cubs game for five minutes when he caught a foul ball ...

N2 - MyEnTunnel - A background SSH tunnel daemon
MyEnTunnel is a simple system tray application that establishes and maintains TCP SSH tunnels. It does this by launching Plink (PuTTY Link) in ...

Cray-Cyber - File Transfer
Free interactive access to old supercomputers such as the Cyber 960 and the Cray Y-MP EL

History and Background
About the Eastern Africa Standby Force (EASF) The Eastern Africa Standby Force is a regional organization whose mandate is to enhance peace ...

Congress of Cities and Exposition
The conference will offer a range of learning and networking opportunities to city officials including mobile tours highlighting successful programs ...