Putty disconnects with SSH2_MSG_CHANNEL_SUCCESS for nonexistant channel 0

Hi,

I'm using the last snapshot (downloaded today) and got that error after authentification (password or keys) if compression is enabled on the SSH Configuration section.
Enabling compression seems to be the only parameter causing that error.

I tried against different SSH servers: RedHat, AIX, HPux, Cygwin with the same results.

Putty itself is launched from my Win XP or Win 7 PC.

The release version of putty is working fine.

Best Regards.
0
Higorineth

Higorineth Ancalimae  <higorineth@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using the last snapshot (downloaded today) and got that error after
> authentification (password or keys) if compression is enabled on the SSH
> Configuration section.
[...]
> The release version of putty is working fine.

So it does! Thanks for that report. I suspect that's an unintended
consequence of me shaking up the SSH packet receiver in order to cope
with the extra demands of the new connection-sharing feature. I'll
look into it.
--
Simon Tatham         "You may call that a cheap shot.
<anakin@pobox.com>    I prefer to think of it as good value."

0
Simon
12/2/2013 11:04:01 AM
Simon Tatham  <anakin@pobox.com> wrote:
> So it does! Thanks for that report. I suspect that's an unintended
> consequence of me shaking up the SSH packet receiver in order to cope
> with the extra demands of the new connection-sharing feature.

It was. Committed r10103. Tomorrow's snapshot should be better.
--
Simon Tatham         "The voices in my head are trying to ignore me.
<anakin@pobox.com>    But if I keep talking, I can drive them insane."

0
Simon
12/2/2013 7:28:33 PM
Le lundi 2 d=E9cembre 2013 20:28:33 UTC+1, Simon Tatham a =E9crit=A0:
> Simon Tatham  <> wrote:
[...]
>  Tomorrow's snapshot should be better.

Works fine again ;-)

Thanks for the quick patch.
0
Higorineth

PuTTY/SSH-2.0-Sun_SSH_1.0.1/SSH-2 rekey bug
hi, i am trying to automate some file copies between a windows box and a solaris server. solaris 9 w/SSH-2.0-Sun_SSH_1.0.1. PuTTY verion is 0.57. pscp -v <options>... gives "We believe remote version has SSH-2 rekey bug" and then "The server's host key is not cached in the registry." i cannot find any information on the first error. the server host key really is cached in the registry, and is the correct key. TIA, robyn <robynew@yahoo.com> wrote: > pscp -v <options>... > gives "We believe remote version has SSH-2 rekey bug" and the...

#if 0?0?0:0:0
The following 4-lines source fragment test.c (fourth line empty) #if 0?0?0:0:0 #endif int main(void){return 0?0?0:0:0;} cause: test.c(1) : fatal error C1017: invalid integer constant expression when compiled by cl.exe aka "Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.30729.01 for 80x86". On the other hand this compile and runs fine. #if 0?(0?0:0):0 #endif int main(void){return 0?0?0:0:0;} Did I hit a but it this compiler's preprocessor? Francois Grieu On 3/30/2010 12:47 PM, Francois Grieu wrote: > The following 4-lines source fr...

How to log origins of ssh connections (instead of 0.0.0.0)?
sshd version Sun_SSH_1.0, in the log file it gives [ID 800047 auth.info] Accepted publickey for user from 0.0.0.0 port 10005 ssh2 I want to get real IP address of the client. I can match ssh logs with ipfilter logs but this is overkill. Any idea how to turn logging on? Regards, ASK Sasha wrote: > sshd version Sun_SSH_1.0, in the log file it gives > [ID 800047 auth.info] Accepted publickey for user from 0.0.0.0 port 10005 ssh2 > I want to get real IP address of the client. I can match ssh logs with > ipfilter logs but this is overkill. Any idea how to turn logging on? > >...

0,0 not 0,0
hi all, i have 2 drawings - ground floor and first floor. when i do an ID on a point on the grid i get the same readings for both drawings however, when i xref one into the other or both into a new drawing they come in in different locations. i've checked they're both using world UCS and the same units. any ideas? i thought with autocad 0,0 was always 0,0? cheers rob "Coro, Rob" <RE-Coro@bdp.co.uk> schrieb: >hi all, > >i have 2 drawings - ground floor and first floor. when i do an ID on a >point on the grid i get the same readings for both drawings however, >when i xref one into the other or both into a new drawing they come in >in different locations. i've checked they're both using world UCS and >the same units. any ideas? i thought with autocad 0,0 was always 0,0? UCS? INSBASE? Tom Berger -- ArchTools: Architektur-Werkzeuge f�r AutoCAD (TM) ArchDIM - architekturgerechte Bema�ung und H�henkoten ArchAREA - Fl�chenermittlung und Raumbuch nach DIN 277 Info und Demo unter http://www.archtools.de insbase, that's the bugger. thanks tom rob -----Original Message----- From: Tom Berger [mailto:berger@archtools.de] Posted At: 13 July 2004 12:24 Posted To: autocad Conversation: 0,0 not 0,0 Subject: Re: 0,0 not 0,0 "Coro, Rob" <RE-Coro@bdp.co.uk> schrieb: >hi all, > >i have 2 drawings - ground floor and first floor. wh...

(= 0/0 0/0)
Hi, shouldn't > (= 0/0 0/0) => NIL or > (= 0/0 0/0) => T instead of giving out division by zero? 0/0 is different from 1/0, which is the non-existent number n such that 1 x n = 0. The actual result of that expression depends of what you think 0/0 is. I personally feel that 0/0 is any number n such that 0 x n = 0, that is all numbers. hal9@cyberspace.org (Hal Niner) writes: > Hi, > > shouldn't > > > (= 0/0 0/0) => NIL > > or > > > (= 0/0 0/0) => T > > instead of giving out division by zero? 0/0 is different fro...

IP 0.0.0.0/0
Hi Any useful link that explains this IP address range in details, please? Thanks in advance! The Dude In article <Jp6Hg.458762$IK3.24918@pd7tw1no>, The Dude <The Dude@thedu.de> wrote: >Any useful link that explains this IP address range in details, please? Urrr -- 0.0.0.0/0 is the *entire* IPv4 address range, and 0.0.0.0/32 is just the single IPv4 address 0.0.0.0. For any given network, the lowest address in the network is reserved. Historically, the lowest address was one of the two allowed choices for the broadcast address; later, the broadcast a...

0.0**0 = ?
I'm wondering if 0.0**0 (as opposed to 0.0**0.0) has the value 1 as per fortran standard or if this is left to the compiler vendors (different vendors do different things, unhappily). Thanks, Joost Joost VandeVondele wrote: > I'm wondering if 0.0**0 (as opposed to 0.0**0.0) has the value 1 as > per fortran standard or if this is left to the compiler vendors > (different vendors do different things, unhappily). > > Thanks, > > Joost Surely, 0.0**0.0 is mathematically undefined? Therefore, I wouldn't expect the standard to make any pronouncement about the ...

OT: security hole fixed in PuTTY (SSH)
From the official website: Latest news 2004-08-03 SECURITY HOLE, fixed in PuTTY 0.55 PuTTY 0.55, released today, fixes a serious security hole which may allow a server to execute code of its choice on a PuTTY client connecting to it. In SSH2, the attack can be performed before host key verification, meaning that even if you trust the server you think you are connecting to, a different machine could be impersonating it and could launch the attack before you could tell the difference. We recommend everybody upgrade to 0.55 as soon as possible. REDMOND, Wa -- 2003 -- ...

PuTTY and F-Secure SSH Server on Win32
Hi, When I use PuTTY (only tried 0.53b and later) to connect to an F-Secure SSH Server running on Win32, once logged on, I get a grey text on a black background but with very annoying single-pixel grey lines separating each line of text. I think this is server specific as I use the same client to connect to Cisco, HP-UX and RedHat without seeing the lines. Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have any suggestion where I might start looking? Cheers, Dicky ...

SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.4p1 and SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.7.1p2 : StrictHostKeyChecking
In above versions of openSSH - StrictHostKeyChecking parameter in ssh client config does not work properly. when trying a new server public host key while connecting using client, client simply exits with following exception "Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!" As per the standards, in the above scenario. For the default value of this parameter (ASK) client should prompt user for confirming that server has changed its public key. should not exit ? Is it a bug in openSSH ? if it is anyone know which version is it fixed. <gnitin21@gmail...

"some\0\0\0\0\0\0"
can i use such form of adding zeros to the strings/literals to 'pad' them with zeros ? or this is not guwranteed to work? need that for assuring that strings for example arepadded to some amount of bytes thus using fast compare which only checks some amount of data and do not bother for checking ends, etc 9you know what i mean) On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:30:19 -0700, fir saw fit to publish the following: > can i use such form of adding zeros to the strings/literals to 'pad' > them with zeros ? Yes you can. (I feel SOOO presidential right now) > or this is n...

Simplifying {0,0,0}.X.{0,0,0}
Hello, In brief: Is there a way that I can specify that "X" is a matrix and will resolve to zero when dot multiplied with a vector of zeros? I'm constructing a swathe of expressions that contain things like (when expanded): {0,0,0}.X.{0,0,0}, where X is an arbitrary (well, positive definite) square matrix of obvious size, and I'd like to be able to have mathematica simplify that for me without much intervention. My only option at the moment is to manually perform the replacements {{0, 0, 0}.X._ -> 0, _.X.{0, 0, 0} -> 0} (the left and right vectors won...

SECURITY UPDATE: PuTTY version 0.55 is released
SECURITY UPDATE: PuTTY version 0.55 is released ----------------------------------------------- All the pre-built binaries, and the source code, are now available from the PuTTY website at http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ This is a bug fix release to 0.54, and also a SECURITY UPDATE. We recommend that _everybody_ upgrade, as soon as possible. This version fixes a security hole in previous versions of PuTTY, which can allow an SSH2 server to attack your client before host key verification. This means that you are not even safe if you trust the server you _think_ you...

SECURITY UPDATE: PuTTY version 0.57 is released
SECURITY UPDATE: PuTTY version 0.57 is released ----------------------------------------------- All the pre-built binaries, and the source code, are now available from the PuTTY website at http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ This is a SECURITY UPDATE. We recommend that _everybody_ upgrade, as soon as possible. This version fixes a security hole in previous versions of PuTTY, which can allow a malicious SFTP server to attack your client. If you use either PSCP or PSFTP, you should upgrade. Users of the main PuTTY program are not affected. (However, note that the server mu...

SECURITY UPDATE: PuTTY version 0.56 is released
SECURITY UPDATE: PuTTY version 0.56 is released ----------------------------------------------- All the pre-built binaries, and the source code, are now available from the PuTTY website at http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ This is a SECURITY UPDATE. We recommend that _everybody_ upgrade, as soon as possible. This version fixes a security hole in previous versions of PuTTY, which can allow an SSH2 server to attack your client before host key verification. This means that you are not even safe if you trust the server you _think_ you're connecting to, since it could b...

PuTTY Bug Report: received oclose for nonexistent channel
Hi all, I have several Foscam IP Webcams (FI9821W v2). Access to this cam is tunnel= ed through PuTTY. The tunnel is configured like local port 17015 =3D> CAM_I= P:17015. Whenever I try to move the camera in any direction using the camera's web i= nterface, the SSH connection is terminated. This can be reproduced, I have = connected to different servers for port forwarding. Some close the connecti= on with the message "Server sent disconnect mesage type 2 (protocol error):= Received oclose for nonexistent channel 38991072.", others with "Software = caused connection abort". I am using PuTTY 0.63 on Windows 7 64 bit. It seems to be a PuTTY issue as = other SSH tunneling software works flawlessly. (I tried some Windows softwa= re named "SSH Tunnel Client 4.0" which worked fine.) I have searched for a solution online, did not find any, however, there see= ms to be a similar bug report/feature request here: http://svn.tartarus.org/sgt/putty-wishlist/data/portfwd-corrupt If it's not a bug, could anyone please let me know how to resolve this? Thanks! <aileron79@gmail.com> wrote: > Whenever I try to move the camera in any direction using the camera's > web interface, the SSH connection is terminated. This can be reproduced, > I have connected to different servers for port forwarding. Some close > the connection with the message "Server sent disconnect mesage type 2 > (pr...

0:0:0:0:phone
Under kerio Admin screen,local Address I get: 0:0:0:0:phone where "phone" is the local port number. What the hell is that supposed to mean? MikeStevens.invalid@spamtrap.org wrote: > Under kerio Admin screen,local Address I get: 0:0:0:0:phone > > where "phone" is the local port number. What the hell is that supposed to > mean? That's illegal -- there should be nothing coming from 0.0.0.0 at all, on ANY port. Block that IP outright. -- Cinemuck, n.: The combination of popcorn, soda, and melted chocolate which covers the floors of movie thea...

How to secure SSH from low security app server to high security DB server?
We need to be able to run commands from a low security application server (as this is running web servers and thus a large number of people have access to the web servers) to a high security database server. I would like to use SSH (maybe a locked down ssh server) to do this but the system administrators will not allow this as they say that if a bug is found with the SSH server then the secure database server could be compromised by the compromised SSH server. The sysadmins want us to come up with another way of running commands on the database server from the application server. I th...

what is the significance of 0.0.0.0
is this the default gateway of whole internet. or is this the default gateway of a whole class A ip addresses. or is this a network address of a particular sub-net. please explain it pragmatically with regards novice wrote: > is this the default gateway of whole internet. > or is this the default gateway of a whole class A ip addresses. > > or is this a network address of a particular sub-net. > please explain it pragmatically > with regards Written that way, it's nothing more than an IP address. On 10/04/2010 02:53 PM, novice wrote: > is this the default gatewa...

Article: Clearmanage to monitor encrypted channels with SSH Communications Security
Clearmanage to monitor encrypted channels with SSH Communications Security URL: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/14/idUSFWN0XB01Q20150414 ...

PuTTY 0.58 fails to Cisco CatOS Switch ssh
Using the default settings of PuTTY 0.58 fails after authenticating on a Cisco CatOS 6509 Switch. Using PuTTY 0.55 works fine by default. Setting PuTTY 0.58 to ssh v1 only works fine. Is there a problem with PuTTY 0.58 ssh2? What are the differences between the default settings of pUtty 0.55 AND 0.58? (Win XP Pro Sp1 to cat6000-sup2k9.8-4-4.bin on WS-X6K-SUP2-2GE.) "fixit" <fixit9660@hotmail.co.uk> writes: > Using the default settings of PuTTY 0.58 fails after authenticating on > a Cisco CatOS 6509 Switch. Using PuTTY 0.55 works fine by default. > Setting PuTTY 0.58 ...

*.so , *.la , *.a , *.so.0.0.0 , *.so.1.0.0 ...
I noticed so many extensions in the /usr/lib directory of my Linux system. .so stands for shared object but also there are other extensions can anyone please explain or atleast give pointers to where I can find information about these extensions in details. regards, Onkar onkar <onkar.n.m@gmail.com> wrote: > I noticed so many extensions in the /usr/lib directory of my Linux > system. .so stands for shared object but also there are other > extensions can anyone please explain or atleast give pointers to where > I can find information about these extensions in details. Sorry, but you're in the wrong group with this. This group is about the C programming language, but what you want to know is something concerning the naming conventions for some types of files under Linux which is completely unrelated to C. You probably will find much more help in a newsgroup dedicated to programming under Linux, e.g. comp.os.linux.development.apps, or a group for programming under Unix, comp.unix.programmer (since your question is actually not Linux specific). Regards, Jens -- \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ jt@toerring.de \__________________________ http://toerring.de onkar wrote: > I noticed so many extensions in the /usr/lib directory of my Linux > system. .so stands for shared object but also there are other > extensions can anyone please explain or atleast give pointers to where > I can find informati...

[ANN] Net::SSH 1.0.1, Net::SFTP 1.0.0
Net::SSH 1.0.1 is a maintenance release that fixes a bug that caused data to be sent twice in some circumstances. It also adds a :timeout option to Net::SSH.start, and allows the Putty Agent to be used under Windows (reportedly). Project page: http://rubyforge.org/projects/net-ssh Users Manual: http://net-ssh.rubyforge.org API Docs: http://net-ssh.rubyforge.org/api Net::SFTP 1.0.0 is the more-or-less stable, more-or-less final release of Net::SFTP. (More-or-less, meaning, there may be subsequent releases as bugs are found, patches submitted, and time allocated to work on...

How to interpolate a [0 0 0 1 0 0 ...0 1 0 0 0 ...0 0] vector please help
dear friends, i have t vector; t=linspace(0,.00007,76); k vector is [0 0 0 1......1 0 0 ..], its like all zeros except two 1`s, on a different time instants. when i apply this command ; k=interp1(tau,k,t); tau is also the same as t. one question is that,do we need to interpolate the vector k from one time vector to another of the same length? as here length(t)=length(tau). second question is that when i apply this command, the vector k is returned as a single entry???? please help me on this one. thanks "salman " <salmanabdullah9@gmail.com> wrote in message <iujd42$s...

Web resources about - Putty disconnects with SSH2_MSG_CHANNEL_SUCCESS for nonexistant channel 0 - comp.security.ssh