Putty from Windows XP to Windows 2000 pro server - Simple problem I hope

I've been using Putty telnet for some time (and very satisfactorily)
to connect to a Solaris server.  Now I'm trying to use it to connect
to a Windows 2000 server.

The character based application on the server uses tip files to
control screen addressing - line draw chars, cursor movement, reverse
type etc. - and to interpret function, delete, insert keys etc.

However I can't find a combination of putty configuration setting and
tip file which is entirely OK.  On unix it's easy to trap function key
sequences and modify tip files, but how do you do this on windows?

I'd be grateful for help with this.

WINDOWS XP PRO --> WINDOWS 2003 SERVER
Hello, I want to add to the domain a computer but I can't. Client PC with Windows XP Pro can only see itself and the same with the windows 2003 server. The ping doesn't work. Maybe the problems are the IP numbers? Hardware is correctly installed and appears in both computers the network icon working. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. PeeWee You must get basic network TCP/IP connectivity working first. PING tests will help. Once that happens then try joining the PC to the domain. Can you describe your network and TCP/IP network addressing? ...

Windows xp Pro cannot see Windows 2000 Pro
I have been trying to solve this problem for months! I have 4 PCs in a workgroup, 3 are Windows XP Pro and 1 is a Windows 2000 Pro. The Windows 2000 PC can see all of the Windows XP machines. It can copy files to them it can share the printer connected to one of them no issues. None of the Windows xp (2 are sp2 1 is sp1)can see the Windows 2000 PC. If I ping the 2000 PC I get back an Ip address, but it times out. I have double checked the Workgroup name. They all login as administrator same password. They can all get to the internet using the cable modem connected to one of the...

WINDOWS XP PRO CORP SP2, WINDOWS XP X64 PRO CORP SP2, SYMANTEC WEB SECURITY V3.0.1.76 MULTIOS, other 2006-Dec-03
WINDOWS XP PRO CORP SP2, WINDOWS XP X64 PRO CORP SP2, SYMANTEC WEB SECURITY V3.0.1.76 MULTIOS, other 2006-Dec-03 OFFICE 2007 ENTERPRISE UG VL (OFFICE-SOLUTION), PROJECT 2007, PUBLISHER 2007, BRITANNICA 2007, new programs CDs 5228 - 5238, and new games CDs 1960 - 1967 PC new programs Nr=5238 TOLERANCE DATA V2005 1 (ELECTRONIC WORKSHOP) 2CD Nr=5237 MICROSOFT OFFICE FORMS SERVER 2007 (ELECTRONIC FORMS) Nr=5236 MAXON CINEMA 4D STUDIO BUNDLE V10.0 MULTILANGUAGE (DESIGN) 1DVD Nr=5235 MICROSOFT WINDOWS VISTA ENTERPRISE 32BIT VLM (OPERATING SYSTEM) 1DVD Nr=5234 HALLMARK CARD STUDIO ...

WTB: LARGE QUANTITIES DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & WINDOWS 2000 PRO RESTORE PACKS
WTB: LARGE QUANTITIES DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & WINDOWS 2000 PRO RESTORE PACKS We are looking to buy large quantities of DELL WINDOWS XP PRO, WINDOWS 2000 PRO RESTORE PACKS.. Must include manual and restore media new sealed...or media itself sealed in white enevelope. Email buyonet@hotmail.com if you have these. Also buying the below... WE ARE ALSO BUYING MICROSOFT OFFICE, SERVER, WINDOWS & NT WORKSTATION SOFTWARE PACKAGES OEM & RETAIL We need to buy today quantities of MICROSOFT OFFICE, SERVER, WINDOWS & NT WORKSTATION SOFTWARE PACKAGES OEM & RETAIL.. Email us if you h...

can either windows 2000 Pro or Windows Xp Pro handle different language user interfaces?
Hello, I want to install windows 2000 Pro or Windows XP Pro, but I need English and/or Italian, Spanish , Japanese user interfaces. Is this possible with either of these operating systems when bootins ? Can I choose in what language to boot ? Or Can I have a different language for each user created ? Please explain me what I need. Thanks, Mario I think there is a software tool from Microsoft, which can translate the dialogs. The system self will be english, but you can set all dialogs to another language. I know that this tool is available, but I'm not sure if it'...

windows 2000 and windows xp networking problem with athentication
i am trying to do a peer to peer with a windows 2000 machine and a xp corp machine. i can see the machines in my network places, but when i try to connect to the xp machine it ask for username and password, we have usernames and passwords set up for both machines , they are the same ones we use to log onto our own machines. they both have admin rights. when we put in the username and password and hit ok it just ask for it again and doesnt connect..we are both connected to a router for my cable connection..the firewall allows acces from our ip's..any help..thanks rh_nayan@msn.com (Rakib Hassan) wrote in message news:<1a0a9065.0309020146.582df00f@posting.google.com>... > news:<60f42cdd.0309011214.6f20358a@posting.google.com>... > Hi guys, > you must got problems in sharing permissions.if it doesnt work then > make a dc(win2000)and make the xp pc its(dc's) client.i hope it will > work. check your registry settings HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa Maybe there is a key FORCEGUEST, if yes, edit the value to 0 Just insert the XP CD choose preform other tasks and click set up network, follow the wizzard and it'll sort it out (worked for me) XP is against manual settings obviously. Do it with both machines (yes its legal, even recomended by MS - see wizzard) and you will be fine. Tarl ...

Windows Time, Windows 2000 server and XP Client
Hi, We currently have a windows 2000 machine that has an atomic clock on it. Our PDC (NT 4.0 Server) looks at this to get it's time, and all our NT 4.0 Workstations get the time from this. We are rolling out windows XP, and are trying to build a standard image that look at for the time on either the windows 2000 server or the NT 4.0 PDC. I can't get this working at the moment - if i choose to 'Synchronize with an Internet Time Server', and name either the PDC or Windows 2000 server, it fails. Also, if I type 'NET TIME' from a command prompt, it locates...

Really really confused: Matlab's tricky window behavior on Linux, Windows 2000 and Window XP (was: why my matlab program on Linux and Windows XP behave so differently?)
"gino" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cd5a6s$due$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Hi folks, > > The matlab program is supposed to be cross platform compatible. Since matlab > uses Java, it should behave the same for the GUI to display on Windows XP > and Linux. But now, the GUI window was completely random showing on Linux > and on Windows XP. Manu UI control components are off their place. If I fix > this problem on Linux, the the UI controls will be off their place on > Windows; if I fix this problem on Windows, then the UI controls will be off >...

Windows NT vs Windows 2000 vs Windows XP
Hi, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computers. I posted in another thread that I just purchased a used computer for close to nothing. I have an old windows NT workstation which I plan on installing. My question is : A friend of mine can sell me a Windows 2000 or Windows XP license for cheap. Is there any reason I need to spend $40 to buy any one of these two operating systems for an old Pentium II computer, instead of a free windows NT workstation system that I already have ? For general home use : access internet, typing documents, etc, is there any difference in us...

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003
This post was originally made in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript by Michael Harris and I am reposting it here for the people who don't/can't subscribe to the microsoft groups. The original thread can be read here: <URL: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.scripting.jscript/browse_frm/thread/91bd7c8dfe3c8a9f/a80a764bfb34d2ee#a80a764bfb34d2ee> Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000 <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c03d3e49-b40e-4ca1-a0c7-cc135ec4d2be&displaylang=en...

could not telnet windows XP to unix box through windows 2000 server configured as a router
Anyone, Please help! ...

WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO Disks, DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & VISTA BUSINESS
WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO Disks, DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & VISTA BUSINESS - We are buying in large quantities We are wanting to buy large quantities of Dell Windows 7 Pro Disks. We are also looking to buy Dell Windows XP Pro and possibly some Vista Business as well. We also buy Microsoft, Dell, HP and other Office software packages 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012 all versions. We like to buy in quantity. We also buy the below. We buy old and new versions of Microsoft Office, Server, Windows & others. Adobe Acrobat 9 and X and others titles. Symantec Norton Antivirus, NIS a...

WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO Disks, DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & VISTA BUSINESS
WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO Disks, DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & VISTA BUSINESS - We are buying in large quantities We are wanting to buy large quantities of Dell Windows 7 Pro Disks. We are also looking to buy Dell Windows XP Pro and possibly some Vista Business as well. We also buy Microsoft, Dell, HP and other Office software packages 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012 all versions. We like to buy in quantity. We also buy the below. We buy old and new versions of Microsoft Office, Server, Windows & others. Adobe Acrobat 9 and X and others titles. Symantec Norton Antivirus, NIS and 360. We are emailing you because we are Looking to buy software from you in larger quantities. If you are looking to sell Quantities 10-20 or more email us! However we will buy Server packages in quantities of 1-3 or more. Email me directly at craig.softnet@gmail.com We buy old and new versions of Microsoft Office, Server, Windows & others. Adobe Acrobat 9 and X and others titles. Symantec Norton Antivirus, NIS and 360. I am looking to BUY large quantities of Microsoft Office PKC medialess license kits 2007, 2010, 2012 MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2000 PRO, WINDOWS XP PRO, VISTA, WINDOWS 7 SOFTWARE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012. XP, SBE, STANDARD AND PRO & OTHERS MICROSOFT SERVER 2003, 2008, 2010 Standard, Premium, Enterprise SQL & OTHER PACKAGES We BUY Microsoft, Corel, Adobe, Macromedia, Symantec, Veritas and others. Email directly: craig.soft...

[...]

Could anybody point me to comparison of Windows 2K Pro, 2K Server 2003 Server, XP Pro??
Hi, I am searching for a matrix with comparison of different windows operating systems like Win 2k Professional , W 2k Server, Win 2003 Server, XP Pro. Microsoft web site has one such thing but it compares Win 2003 server editions. I would be more interested in core changes between above OSes. Thanks in Advance, Arun. ...

Installing SQL Server 2000 Developer on Windows XP Pro
Hi, I'm a newbie with SQL Server 2000 Developer. I know that it is supposed to install on Windows XP Pro, but I keep running into the following message: "The logon account cannot be validated for the SQL Server service. Validate ...". I've looked for help and taken the advise of trying the user "Administrator", but that does not help. Initially I tried making a new user called "sqlserver" with Administrator access, but that didn't work. Can someone please help. Ideally step by step from where I am. Thanks in advance, Raj rajchoud@hotmail.com (R...

windows XP home to XP Pro problem
I am trying to upgrade from XP Home to XP pro, and every time that i try i get a message that my DVD-RAM driver is not compatable with Pro, and may not work once the install is complete, as the install continues the dvd stops spinning and the install stalls out and i have to restore the computer to the original XP home. I tried downloading the new drivers from toshiba's website and ran microsofts upgrade wizard and it still told me that the DVD-RAM driver was not compatable, anyone have a clue? I really need XP pro for work and the sooner i can get this clarified the better. Thanks in ad...

Problems installing SQLServer 2000 Developer Edition on Windows XP Pro
Hello! When trying to install SqlServer 2000 Developer (as Administrator) on my Windows XP Professional I get the following message at the point where the system asks Local Account or Domain account: The logon account cannot be validated for the SQL server service. Verify that the user name and password entered are correct. The logon attempt failed. Anyone an idea what goes wrong here? Thanks for your info. Daniel *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Make sure that the account you are providing has th...

Windows XP vs. Windows 2000
I use XP and I like one thing very much: fast user switching. Is there a way to somehow install it and have this service on Windows 2000 Pro? tf Greetings -- No. Bruce Chambers -- Help us help you: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -- RAH "Tomasz Frelik" <tomasz.frelik@enzo.pl> wrote in message news:bgt3er$vm6$1@news.lublin.pl... > I use XP and I like one thing very much: fast user switching. Is there...

replacing windows xp with windows 2000
I just recently bought a laptop with the Windows XP operating system preinstalled. Being an advocate of Windows 2000 I was trying to replace XP with 2000 but ran into the following problem. The setup process seems to not allow newer Windows operating systems be replaced by older ones despite the preference of the operator. Is there any way to get around this? If there is one I'd be very grateful for advise. Thanks. Boot from a Win 98 floppy, fdisk, format and install Terry "Joe" <josephstran@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1a55ccc2.0401111637.682b70c8@posting.google...

Using Eudora 6.0.1.1 in Windows 2000/XP with Application Data Redirected to Windows 2003 Server
Does anybody have any experience with using Eudora 6.0 on Windows 2000/XP machines? Per the installation guide we are using Eudora with user data stored in the Application Data folder for the user. Problems have arisen as we've migrated to Windows 2003 Server and Active Directory. Users now have roaming profiles (stored on the server) and redirected folders (My Documents and Application Data) also stored on the server. Some users also are using laptops with 'Offline Files' turned on. The problems we are seeing are... - OWNER.LOK files are not getting deleted when Eudora quits (or they are getting syncronized from the Client Side Cache to the server on log out) causing multiple instance of Eudora messages. Proceeding with "Accept the consequences" is resulting in TOC and/or MBX corruption. - We seem to be getting corruption of IN.TOC on the file server. Does Eudora support writing this file over a network connection or only to the local machines file system? Thanks for any insight. Trevor Cooper UCSD ...

ssh from windows xp (putty with kerberos) using NetIDMgr 1.1.8.0 (Kerberos for windows 3.1)
Has anyone got a version of putty to work with the Kerberos for Windows release 3.1? I'm running win xp and am able to get my kerberos 5 tokens fine (from CSAIL.MIT.EDU) in NetIDMgr, but I've tried various supposedly kerberos-aware versions of putty with no luck. Thanks. -- Greg -- Greg Sullivan gregs@csail.mit.edu (617)417-4746 (cell) ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

Windows XP vs Windows 2000
Hi all I have strong and powerful computer. It has Dual Xeon processor and 2G memory. The operation system that installed right now is Microsoft server 2003. We use Matlab 6.5 (R13) and Microsoft SQL server only ( without any other big program that may slowly the speed of the processing). We understood that this version of Matlab (6.5) never been tested on this Operation system, so we decided to replace it to tested one. We are think over two operation system: - Windows XP - Windows 2000 ( Server or workstation) The most significant performance that we care is the speed of the processing at ...

Tools for Remote Administration of Windows 2000 Servers and Win XP Pro desktops
Hi, I am looking for tools that I can use to remotely administer (including boot/shutdown) servers those are running Win 2k. I am also looking similar solution for Win XP Pro desktops. However, for them I am also looking to do remote installation. Please suggest tools. Thanks, Asif. Look at http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml especially for your needs is PsShutdown there Arkady "Asif" <janoo333@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:40f8c7cf.0407141748.35ebf073@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I am looking for tools that I can use to remotely admin...

Windows 2000 vs. Windows XP?
I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference and why? -O Ovid left a note on my windscreen which said: > I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference > and why? XP (Pro). Cause it's 2K with knobs on. -- Stoneskin [Insert sig here] On 5 Nov 2003 11:38:17 -0600, Ovid <Ovid@Epigram.com> wrote: >I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference >and why? I don't use Windows a whole lot. But when I do, my own preference is ...

Web resources about - Putty from Windows XP to Windows 2000 pro server - Simple problem I hope - comp.security.ssh

The Windows Blog

Windows 10 Insider Preview Redstone Build 14279 arrives on the Fast ring, with a few noteworthy changes ...
... so the team doesn’t have to work over the weekend dealing with potential issues, Microsoft’s Gabe Aul pushed the button to release a new Windows ...

Microsoft is trying to bring back the eighties with its Windows 10 strategy
... Microsoft kept the rights in lieu of royalties from IBM. DOS put Microsoft the very center of the PC revolution, even through the era of Windows, ...

Microsoft doesn’t need Windows anymore
When you think of Microsoft, what product first comes to mind? Windows, you say? How quaint. Yes, you’re probably reading this on a Windows-based ...

Super Meat Boy Wii U release window, port studio confirmed
Team Meat legend Tommy Refenes took to Twitter to spread the news that Super Meat Boy would be hitting the Wii U in the near future, as confirmed ...

The next Windows 10 update is all about Cortana
Cortana has learned three languages in the latest Windows 10 update, which is available today for Insider members in the program's Fast ring. ...

Tim Sweeney: Microsoft's Universal Windows Platform Must, And Will, Die
Image credit: Microsoft Strong words coming from Epic Games' Tim Sweeney today. Microsoft has recently been making a push to unify the Windows ...

Abe Lincoln's note for slave chaplain a 'window' into 16th president's struggles
Abe Lincoln's note for slave chaplain a 'window' into 16th president's struggles