SFTP Server (for Windows Server 2003) that can map "network drives"

Hello,

I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the
capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use
to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Jens

gte477k <jens.schroeder@gmx.ch> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the
> capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use
> to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client.
>
> Many thanks and kind regards,

Van Dyke VShell server I believe can do this.  A trial is available.

http://vandyke.com/products/vshell/index.html

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
On 11 Mar, 20:29, comph...@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
> gte477k <jens.schroe...@gmx.ch> writes:
> > Hello,
>
> > I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the
> > capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use
> > to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client.
>
> > Many thanks and kind regards,
>
> Van Dyke VShell server I believe can do this. =A0A trial is available.
>
> http://vandyke.com/products/vshell/index.html
>
> --
> Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/

Cygwin can access locally mounted drives, can mount them by falling
through to the local system commands, and has an SSH server built into
it. Try www.cygwin.com for that tool.

The Vandyke tool may be more graceful and a friendlier interface.
0
nkadel (705)
3/11/2008 11:03:13 PM
On 11 Mrz., 21:29, comph...@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
> gte477k <jens.schroe...@gmx.ch> writes:
> > Hello,
>
> > I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the
> > capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use
> > to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client.
>
> > Many thanks and kind regards,
>
> Van Dyke VShell server I believe can do this. =A0A trial is available.
>
> http://vandyke.com/products/vshell/index.html
>
> --
> Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/

Hello, thanks for the advice, I installed VShell and with the standard
properties you can map a network drive (e.g. R: --> R:), however, when
doing a SFTP connection it does not show R:.

Are you sure that this should work?

Many thanks and regards,

Jens
gte477k <jens.schroeder@gmx.ch> writes:

> On 11 Mrz., 21:29, comph...@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
>> gte477k <jens.schroe...@gmx.ch> writes:
>> > Hello,
>>
>> > I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the
>> > capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use
>> > to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client.
>>
>> > Many thanks and kind regards,
>>
>> Van Dyke VShell server I believe can do this. ´┐ŻA trial is available.
>>
>> http://vandyke.com/products/vshell/index.html
>>
>> --
>> Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/
>
> Hello, thanks for the advice, I installed VShell and with the standard
> properties you can map a network drive (e.g. R: --> R:), however, when
> doing a SFTP connection it does not show R:.
>
> Are you sure that this should work?

No, not sure, as I've not had that specific requirement in the past.

What I can say though is that VanDyke's product is top shelf, and
their support A+.  Before giving up, I'd drop their supoprt folks an
email or some sort of contact and run your needs past them and see if
it can be configured to do what you want.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

Can't map network drive on OVMS "advanced server" with windows7 Pro!! (Any ideas????)
Have DS10 OVMS 7.3-1H1 running advanced server. o Works great with windows XP Pro. (Mapping drives) o Will not connect to a Windows 7 Pro PC Was thinking SOMEONE has run into this by now!! Any ideas? -Len Whitwer Puget Sound Data Systems len@psds.com 425-488-0710 On 2013-07-19 23:24:50 +0000, Len Whitwer said: > Have DS10 OVMS 7.3-1H1 running advanced server. > o Works great with windows XP Pro. (Mapping drives) > o Will not connect to a Windows 7 Pro PC > > Was thinking SOMEONE has run into this by now!! > > Any ideas? Downgrade the Window...

Mapped Network Drives, USB Hard drives and "Not enough server storage is available to process this command"
Someone might find the following useful... I've got two WinXP Pro PC on a 100base10 LAN and no server. Call them PC1 and PC2. I have "Mapped Network Drives" set up in both directions that have worked well for some time. Today I connected a new USB 2.0 External HD to PC1 and tried to set up a "Mapped Network Drive" on PC2 to allow access. I kept getting the error: "Not enough server storage is available to process this command". I searching for this in the Help and Support System but got no hits. Google found this thread "in another place&q...

Python Paramiko between Linux and Windows Server -- no output obtained from Windows for "dir" or "cd" commands
Hello There: I am using Python 2.7.6 and Paramiko module (on a Linux server) to connect = to a Windows server and send some commands and get output. I have a connect= function which takes IP, username and password of the remote Windows serve= r and I get an sshobj when that happens. How do I use it to send remote cal= ls is my question? If it were a local system, I would just say "os.system" but not sure about = the remote calls. Can someone help? My code looks like below: sys.path.append("/home/me/code") import libs.ssh_connect as ssh ssh_obj =3D ssh.new_conn(IP, username, password) stdin, stdout, stderr =3D ssh_obj.exec_command("dir") #since the remote = system I am SSHing into is Windows. my "new_conn" looks like this: import paramiko def new_conn(IP, username, password): ssh_obj =3D paramiko.SSHClient() ssh_conn.set_missing_host_key_policy(paramiko.AutoAddPolicy()) ssh_conn.connect(IP, username, password), timeout=3D30) return ssh_obj =09 if I replaced "dir" with "ipconfig" it works fine. I wonder how I can make = "dir" work - or for that matter.. with "cd /path/to/dir"? I know for paramiko's ssh connection to work, i need cygwin installed on a = Windows. Objective is to run commands remotely from a Linux to a Windows se= rver and then process the output again on Linux server or on Windows itself= .. I am confused becaus...

Windows 2003 Server Map Drive to Novell Server
I am attempting to map a drive from a W2K3 Server, which is used as a Terminal Server, to a Novell Netware 5.x server. I cannot see the Novell server from the Windows Network Neighborhood, nor can I seem to manually map to it using the UNC naming conventions. Any ideas? i've got the same problem David Gadway wrote: > I am attempting to map a drive from a W2K3 Server, which is used as a > Terminal Server, to a Novell Netware 5.x server. I cannot see the > Novell server from the Windows Network Neighborhood, nor can I seem to > manually map to it using the UNC naming conven...

Wanted: Server 95 "drive blanks" and "blank trays"
Hello all... Has anyone got the two "lowest external bay" slotted drive blanking plates and the plastic trays that would go into the bays behind them? I've got a large Exabyte tape drive in a 95 that I want to take out... William William R. Walsh wrote: > Hello all... > > Has anyone got the two "lowest external bay" slotted drive blanking plates > and the plastic trays that would go into the bays behind them? > > I've got a large Exabyte tape drive in a 95 that I want to take out... > > William > > I had a crate of these.. maybe David will be able to help. Kevin "William R. Walsh" <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote in message news:15y4f.443131$_o.232242@attbi_s71... > Hello all... > > Has anyone got the two "lowest external bay" slotted drive blanking plates > and the plastic trays that would go into the bays behind them? > > I've got a large Exabyte tape drive in a 95 that I want to take out... I may have the louvered blanking pieces, unlikely but possible on the air-dams/cable-holders. I'll check later. -- Regards, Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST) "Tim Clarke" <SpamBlock.Monetaim.Com@cswebmail.com> wrote in message news:2Mz4f.1964$WI4.1387@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > "William R. Walsh" <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote in > message news:15...

web server: "reduced network" or "end user" with zones?
I'm thinking about setting up a little web server (extremely low traffic, no critical content and the machine will be dedicated to this single task). My initial thought was to install the "reduced network" set and add the coolstack. I've done this and it's all working fine. I admin the machine over a tip connection since there is no sshd or much of anything else on the machine, having used the "reduced network" installation option. This seems like a pretty tidy and fairly secure setup. But, I've been reading about zones and it would seem like a vi...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

difference between "server" and "forwarders"
Hello, I didn't got the point from the docs. What's the difference between "server" and "forwarders" in bind 8 configuration file? The documentation gives: - forwarders: Specifies the IP addresses to be used for forwarding. The default is the empty list (no forwarding). - server: sets certain configuration options on a per-server basis As far as I understand I can define other DNS servers with "server" and also with "forwarders". In wich way should I define the providers DNS server for my local DNS server? With best regards Uwe Disch Uwe Disch <uwe.disch@gmx.net> wrote: > Hello, > I didn't got the point from the docs. What's the > difference between "server" and "forwarders" in bind 8 > configuration file? > The documentation gives: > - forwarders: Specifies the IP addresses to be used for > forwarding. The default is the empty list > (no forwarding). > - server: sets certain configuration options on a > per-server basis > As far as I understand I can define other DNS servers > with "server" and also with "forwarders". > In wich way should I define the providers DNS server > for my local DNS server? You might use "server" to designate a particular server as "bogus" or you might indicate a symmetr...

Holding locks with Windows 98 & 2003 "Server"
I am creating files using SET DEVICE TO PRINT and SET PRINTER TO filename - (ok actually I am using SET(24 ) ect as I can understand the code better!) However on Win98 with 2003 Server the files are occasionally held open despite me closing them XP WS is fine all the time. I force a close by SETting to a dummy name Any ideas ? Is it a client setting in WIndows? Martin, >I am creating files using SET DEVICE TO PRINT and SET PRINTER TO filename - >(ok actually I am using SET(24 ) ect as I can understand the code better!) Although I generally prefer manifest constants (the longer th...

"BAD_POOL_CALLER" Error Message When Upgrading to Windows 2003 Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817409 SYMPTOMS When you upgrade Windows 2000 to Windows Server 2003 by using HP Secure Path V4.0a software, you may receive the following error message: Bugcheck 0x000000C2 (BAD_POOL_CALLER) This error message may cause the system to stop responding, and it must be rebooted. -- w:04 Go, Robot, Go ! wrote: > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817409 > > SYMPTOMS > > When you upgrade Windows 2000 to Windows Server 2003 by using HP > Secure Path V4.0a software, you may receive the fol...

SN#19148 "Installing Microsoft Windows Server 2008 on Sun x64 Servers"
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 118 Issue 4 2007-12-24 Article 19148 from section "Servers" Workarounds Detailed for Windows Server Pre-Release Version on Sun Fire, Sun Blade Servers A new Sun BluePrints article, "Installing Microsoft Windows Server 2008 on Sun x64 Servers," demonstrates that Sun is a serious vendor of x64 hardware with the company now supporting Microsoft Windows in addition to the Solaris OS and Linux. The BluePrint details the workarounds needed to install pre-release versions of Windows Server 2008 on Sun Fire and Sun Blade servers. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=19148 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe (c) 2005 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

"Empty trash when exiting" & "Leave mail on server+Delete from server when emptied from Trash" problem
Hi All, I checked the three option in the subject and when I quit Eudora it does not delete Trashed message from the server. If I delete Trash manually, upon next mailcheck Eudora deletes what was emptied from the Trash box. This also causes Eudora downloading multiple copies of the same message if I restart it. Probably it deletes something from lmos.dat when I Trash the message or I quit. So I get every Trashed message again, every time I start Eudora. Same thing if I quit after manually emptying Trash, but not checking mail. Any help welcome, Csacsi On 20 Feb 2004 03:18:12 -0800, c.sandor@emla.hu (csacsi) wrote: > I checked the three option in the subject and when I quit Eudora it > does not delete Trashed message from the server. If I delete Trash > manually, upon next mailcheck Eudora deletes what was emptied from the > Trash box. > > This also causes Eudora downloading multiple copies of the same > message if I restart it. Probably it deletes something from lmos.dat > when I Trash the message or I quit. So I get every Trashed message > again, every time I start Eudora. Same thing if I quit after manually > emptying Trash, but not checking mail. The messages actually aren't removed from the server until you check mail the next time, so empty your Trash mailbox and check your mail before you shut-down Eudora, if you plan to leave messages on the server. John In comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows on 20 ...

802.3AD / Channel Bonding / "trunking" in Windows Server 2003
>> 802.3AD / Channel Bonding / "trunking" in Windows Server 2003 << We all know it's not possible natively in Windows. I'm finally over that. Does anyone know of any 100MB nics that support this through their driver? No one really advertises it. They don't have to be "in production" ie. they can be obsolete as long as they have 802.3ad support in Windows. Thanks, Harout S. Hedeshian ...

Cisco ACS and Windows 2003 SP1 "ldap server not found"
Help! I have installed ACS v3.3.3 ndows 2003 SP1 member server, and am seeting up a Generic LDAP connection to Active Directly. However when I try to set up the database Mappings I get the message "LDAP server NOT reachable. Please check the configuration." The Admin DN user has rights to query AD. This has been proved by running a simple dsquery on AD using the username. Any ideas ? Cheers, Dave. For mapping AD to ACS use "Windows Database" not "Generic LDAP" -Vivek- "DaveW" <davidawest@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1128330455.345817.234830@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Help! > > I have installed ACS v3.3.3 ndows 2003 SP1 member server, and am > seeting up a Generic LDAP connection to Active Directly. > > However when I try to set up the database Mappings I get the message > "LDAP server NOT reachable. Please check the configuration." The Admin > DN user has rights to query AD. This has been proved by running a > simple dsquery on AD using the username. > > Any ideas ? > > > Cheers, > Dave. > ...

802.3AD / Channel Bonding / "trunking" in Windows Server 2003
>> 802.3AD / Channel Bonding / "trunking" in Windows Server 2003 << We all know it's not possible natively in Windows. I'm finally over that. Does anyone know of any 100MB nics that support this through their driver? No one really advertises it. They don't have to be "in production" ie. they can be obsolete as long as they have 802.3ad support in Windows. Thanks, Harout S. Hedeshian ...

The ole "Linux vs Windows Server 2003" question
Gents; I have a client with about 50 desktops all running Windows XP. We also have AIX and Linux servers running Samba providing file storage service and the LInux box runs Lotus Notes. Another firm has made a proposal to install a Windows Server 2003 machine which is supposed to solve all my clients woes by providing a more secured file storage environment and centralized print management. I say "Bogus"! As I create my detailed response to this unfortunate scenario I was hoping that if any of my fellow Linux gurus cold provide some detail, insight or advise my way it would hel...

"ISA Server 2004 is the only product that gives you both a firewall server and proxy server"
http://www.microsoft.com/ISAServer/ "ISA Server 2004 is the only product that gives you both a firewall server and proxy server, too. We really like this feature and now we need just a single server for each college." - Adi Milner of Mofet Institute What a moron! I can not believe the shit Microsoft puts on their website! http://www.ipcop.org/ Firewall Caching Proxy VPN Content Filtering IDS Riding on harden OS! cost=$0 http://www.astaro.com/firewall_network_security/security_solution Firewall VPN Gateway Anti-Virus Intrusion Protection Spam Filtering Content Filtering Riding o...

"plink.exe" hangs on Windows Server 2008 R2 , creates process "conhost.exe"
Hi All, I am new to the whole Windows world. If this is not the place to post this question please point me to the right one. If there is any better place to ask this question, please tell me that too. Few details: I have downloaded plink.exe from Putty's website. I am executing a plink command from the Windows Server 2008 R2(64 bit) which would execute a shell script in a linux box. The plink command is executed from a .dtsx package which is running as a daemon job on the Windows Server. I have accepted the host key into the registery for the linux box using putty and I can...

[News] [Rival] Windows Server Can Be Own3D by Other Businesses ("Critical" Flaw)
Windows Small Business Server at risk from critical flaw ,----[ Quote | Microsoft said Wednesday that another one of its operating system products is | vulnerable to a critical vulnerability, first patched two weeks ago. `---- http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9058759&source=rss_news10 Is hijacked of a server worse than data corruption (Windows Home Server)? Microsoft still proves that it's bad for business. Days ago: Microsoft confirms Office for Mac 2008 snafu ,----[ Quote ] | Office for Mac 2008 incorrectly assigns ownersh...

Dolphin 5.1 fails "verified for Windows 2003 server" certification
I want to submit my application to the "verified for windows 2003 server" certiciation. This test is just a subset of the "certified for windows 2003 server" certification. This is currently not possible because Dolphin crashes without notice when trying to test criterion 4.1: 4.1 Appropriate Resource Use The heap, critical sections, and handles can be misused which results in less reliable applications and failures with subtle circumstances that impact customers but may not be easily reproduced. Each of these items are easily tested to ensure they are not mi...

Can I map ">" to "\textgreater"?
Hello, is it possible to map characters like ">" to "\textgreater", so that a source file containing several such symbols does not need re-editing? I can map it to various things with "\DeclareTextSymbol{\>}{OT1}{whatever}", but I don't know how to find out the numeric code that \textgreater corresponds to, and I'm not sure if this is the best way of doing things. Many thanks in advance, Tom Tom Thurston wrote: > is it possible to map characters like ">" to "\textgreater", so that a > source file containing several such symbols does not need re-editing? The ">" character is already defined in the T1 font encoding but not in OT1, as you've already discovered. Try putting "\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}" in your document's preamble and see if that does what you want. -- Scott Scott Pakin wrote: > The ">" character is already defined in the T1 font encoding but not in > OT1, as you've already discovered. Try putting "\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}" > in your document's preamble and see if that does what you want. > > -- Scott Thanks for your prompt response Scott. Actually I'd already looked at various fontenc options, but I find that under my (pretty much default) MikTeX distribution, using a T1 encoding gives very ugly bitmapped characters. A while back I found another encoding that worked, but it increased the PD...

What is the "Target" & "Start In" for Network Desktop Shortcut to Filemaker 7 DB hosted by Filemaker Server 7
Hi, With FM 6 I had a shortcut on the desktop of each PC that, when double clicked, would open the desired database and take you right to the password screen. To do this I had TARGET= \\LOCAL PC NAME\C$\PROGRAM FILES\FILEMAKER\FILEMAKER PRO 6\FILEMAKER PRO.EXE \\FM SERVER PC NAME\FILENAME\DATABASE NAME.FP6. And, START IN = \\LOCAL PC NAME\C$\PROGRAM FILES\FILEMAKER\FILEMAKER PRO 6. This worked great. Now, After converting to Filemaker 7, I cannot seem to find the right filepath to do this. I would really appreciate any help you can give me. Meryl In article <118iubibmglqe...

Web resources about - SFTP Server (for Windows Server 2003) that can map "network drives" - comp.security.ssh