SSH Newbie. How many public keys

How many public keys can be in the authorised_keys file in linux.

I have 1 for a connection to my NAS box, and also want to have a ssh
connection from my windows machine to my linux machine, so that would
mean adding the public key to the authorised_keys file.

If it can be done to have 2 or even 3 public keys in the file, would
there be any problems.

Thanks
0
BobH

BobH <bob@despammer.com> writes:
> How many public keys can be in the authorised_keys file in linux.

Lots.

> I have 1 for a connection to my NAS box, and also want to have a ssh
> connection from my windows machine to my linux machine, so that would
> mean adding the public key to the authorised_keys file.
>
> If it can be done to have 2 or even 3 public keys in the file, would
> there be any problems.

No, it will work fine.

--
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/
0
On 2016-11-23, BobH <bob@despammer.com> wrote:
> How many public keys can be in the authorised_keys file in linux.

Infinite? No problem with 2 or 3 or 10 or....

> I have 1 for a connection to my NAS box, and also want to have a ssh
> connection from my windows machine to my linux machine, so that would
> mean adding the public key to the authorised_keys file.
>
> If it can be done to have 2 or even 3 public keys in the file, would
> there be any problems.
>
> Thanks
0
William