ssh over php from w2k to linux hangs (linux to linux ok)

Hello,

I am trying to make some bash-scripts, that are to be executed on
remote linux-boxes available to some Windows users over a php-interface.

To require no interaction from the part of the windows users, I installed
cygwin, generated rsa-keys and copied the public key on the server. I also
changed the user, running the apache service appropriately and I added
cygwin/bin to this users path. So, executing "ssh user@server something"
worked using the cygwin-bash or the windows CLI.

However, if I execute a php-script containing a "system" or
"proc_open" with this command, it never returns. The same php-script
*does* work on linux!

Any clues?

Greetings
Neven

Linux, Linux, Linux

SSH to Linux and Linux to PIX
Hi, I am able to ssh to both Linux and PIX from internal network, but fail to ssh from Linux to PIX, even from internal network. Is the problem of sha-1 or -2 issue (I suppose that PIX is using sha-2 while Linux is using sha-1)? What can I do to make it happened? Thanks a lot for any help! Ste Ste wrote: > Hi, > > I am able to ssh to both Linux and PIX from internal network, but fail to > ssh from Linux to PIX, even from internal network. Is the problem of > sha-1 or -2 issue (I suppose that PIX is using sha-2 while Linux is using > sha-1)? What can I do...

Why linux is linux

My Linux is not your Linux

I have Linux! I have Linux!

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatter.com 1869 unruh-s...@physics.ubc.ca FRom http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.setup/about Top posters This month 35 art...@sj.speakeasy.net 25 t...@invalid.invalid 21 a...@zimage.comant 15 Nico Kadel-Garcia 13 n...@youmustbejoking.demon.cu.invalid 8 dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org 8 jhas...@newsguy.com 7 jul...@tampabay.rr.com 6 karthikbalagur...@gmail.com 5 Doug Freyburger All time 2999 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 1752 nka...@comcast.net 1510 scare.c...@oz.land 1458 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 1262 mjtob...@removethis_consultant.com 1132 nka...@bellatlantic.net 1128 kim...@lightlink.com 1106 nos...@nosite.zzz 1047 effla...@xnet.com 1007 m...@scrum.muc.de -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.faceboo...

only linux to linux server SSH allowed?!
I have a Linux Redhat 9 server but i can only SSH in using another Linux machine through the internet. Why is that so? The server has a static IP address. i use putty from a Windows XP mahine and it does not work, it just blinks, no error or anything. why? Log file shows: /var/log/secure Feb 1 11:16:22 localhost sshd[3706]: Server listening on 0.0.0.0 port 22. Feb 1 11:16:51 localhost xinetd[3720]: START: sgi_fam pid=4003 from=<no address> Feb 1 11:42:59 localhost sshd[3706]: Received signal 15; terminating. Feb 1 11:44:15 localhost sshd[3775]: Server listening on 0.0.0....

Hi, There are a number of security specialized Linux live-CDs out there, including: * Knoppix-STD * Local Area Security Linux * Phlak * Whax * Auditor Security Linux * Linux Defender * Er
Hi, There are a number of security specialized Linux live-CDs out there, including: * Knoppix-STD * Local Area Security Linux * Phlak * Whax * Auditor Security Linux * Linux Defender * Erpross Live (in German only) * Arudius * Operator Which, if any, do you use? Why? Can you compare/contrat these tools? Which would you reccommend to an aspiring security professional? Thanks! Alex Begin <1132252106.677760.297830@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> On 2005-11-17, alex <alex-voz@list.ru> wrote: [snip: ``security linux live cds''] > Which, if any, ...

[News] [Linux] New Versions of Engarde Secure Linux, Core Linux, OpenTLE (Thai Linux)
EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.14 Released ,----[ Quote ] | A fully functional secure Linux platform distribution, this release | features a vastly improved intrusion detection Attack Monitor. `---- http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/may/04/engarde_secure_linux_3_0_14_released Core GNU/Linux 2.0 Released! ,----[ Quote ] | Core contains nothing beyond what is required to perform these tasks. | Core is primarily designed for experienced Linux users, though it has | found an audience with those looking to learn about the internals | and operation of a Linux system. `---- http://www.coredistro.org/news-20070501 http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=linuxtle ...

[News] Interviews: Linux Foundation Head on Linux Success; EnGarde Secure Linux Leader on Linux as Primary Solution
Q&A: Jim Zemlin touts the 'second phase' of Linux ,----[ Quote ] | The passion that Ubuntu generates is good for Red Hat and other vendors. We | need to keep our eye on that ball. Their success is ours. `---- http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9027838 The LXer Interview: Dave Wreski of EnGarde Secure Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Open source has slowly but surely shed its skin only as an "alternative" and | is now considered a primary solution. `---- http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/89907/index.html ...

[News] [Linux] Japans Makes Linux More Secure, India Builds Own Linux
CREST Begins Project to Increase Linux Security and Reliability ,----[ Quote | Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) fortifies a project aimed | at strengthening security and reliability of Linux and other embedded | OSs as part of its "CREST (Core Research for Evolutional Science | and Technology)" initiative. `---- http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20070530/133371/ Getting to know the Indian Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Mr. Mathew added that the development team intended to localise | the OS into all 22 official Indian languages. "The move is aimed | to provide co...

Linux Handhelds Running Linux/Apache/MYSQL/PHP?: Linux IPODS?
Hello there, Are there any out-of-the box handhelds that run Linux/Apache/MYSQL and PHP? Does Redhat, Suse, or Gentoo support any handhelds? I know the Zaurus comes close, but I've heard people have problems running LAMP applications on it. What would be the best way to build a Linux-powered ipod-like device? I hope this isn't off topic for this group--the more places Linux runs, the better off we all are! Please advise. Thanks! On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:30:08 -0700, Ranger West wrote: > Hello there, > > Are there any out-of-the box handhelds that run Linux/Apache/MYSQL and > PHP? Does Redhat, Suse, or Gentoo support any handhelds? The closest you would get is a fully fledged tablet PC running Linux. I'm not aware of any that come with Linux out of the box. That's a very hefty configuration there, by conventional PDA standards. > I know the Zaurus comes close, but I've heard people have problems > running LAMP applications on it. > > What would be the best way to build a Linux-powered ipod-like device? > > I hope this isn't off topic for this group--the more places Linux runs, > the better off we all are! It's most certainly on-topic. -- Mathew M. <mathew@spiesNOSPAMareus.yi.org> GPG public key ID: 0x3DDC1413 This post contains a chemical or chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. This (these) chemical(s) may be harmful to your heal...

Using zmodem inside ssh -- linux 2 linux

launching a kernel on a remote linux machine through ssh from a linux machine
Greetings: I am trying to launch a kernel on a faster linux machine (call it "fast.here.com", IP address "5.5.5.5") and connect it to my local front end (on "lamo.here.com", IP address "7.7.7.7"). Both run Mathematica 5.0.1.0 on Fedora Linux (3 and 2, respectively). The connection goes through ssh. On the front end on lamo.here.com I now try to add a kernel with "Kernel Configuration Options...". If I select as the remote machine the same as my local machine "lamo.here.com", everything works fine. I know I could do this without going through TCP/IP, but just for checking it out: Arguments passed to MLOpen: -LinkMode Listen -LinkProtocol TCPIP String passed to shell to launch kernel: ssh lamo.here.com "math -mathlink -LinkMode Connect -LinkProtocol TCPIP -LinkName `linkname`" Choosing this to be the notebook's kernel, once I execute the first calculation it pops up a box saying "Link created on 35945@7.7.7.7,35946@7.7.7.7", then asks for the password for lamo.here.com, and everything works fine; I can run calculations as usual. The problem appears when I change the above string to ssh fast.here.com "math -mathlink -LinkMode Connect -LinkProtocol TCPIP -LinkName `linkname`" (note that only the computer name has changed). When I do the first calculation, I still get a box saying "Link created on 35950@7.7.7.7,35951@7.7.7...

[NEWS] Linux based routers *wormed* and the Linux desktop and servers are suppose to be secure? Not if humans beings created it and use it that Linux is secure -- noway.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/24/psyb0t_home_networking_worm/ <copied> Vulnerable devices include any home router or modem that uses Linux Mipsel, has an administration interface, sshd, or telnet in a DMZ, and employs a weak password. Once the malware takes hold, it locks legitimate users out of the device by blocking telnet, sshd, and web access. It then makes the devices part of a botnet. The researchers said they first learned of the worm while investigating DDoS attacks that hit DroneBL's infrastructure two weeks ago. <end copy> Inspector Thumper wrote: &g...

[News] Linux Security Myths Busted (Or Why Linux is More Secure)
Top 10 Linux FUD Patterns, Part 5 ,----[ Quote ] | FUDsters will argue that any security software for which the source code is | freely available to the public is inherently not secure. This is based on the | assumption that the source code will either reveal the secret functionality | that makes the security software work or expose bugs in the security software | itself that can be exploited as well. | | First, if someone cannot open their source because they are afraid it may | reveal secret functionality, then it wasn’t properly designed from the start. | The worst-possible exam...

Linux, linux, you mutter...
Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. That's what you advocates are. Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg -- Kent East Hill for Bush '04 Death to Kent West Hillians !!! DEATH TO KENT WEST HILL wrote: > > Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. > > That's what you advocates are. > > Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. > > LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: > > http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg > What is sh...

linux ssh
Hi some body is trying to connect to my ssh account, how can i block his ip for one day after he fail to login 5 times? thanks from Peter (cmk128@hotmail.com) On 11 Feb 2007 08:51:09 -0800, cmk128@hotmail.com <cmk128@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi > some body is trying to connect to my ssh account, how can i block > his ip for one day after he fail to login 5 times? > thanks > from Peter (cmk128@hotmail.com) > Install the package fail2ban. -- Yow! Am I in Milwaukee? ...

linux ssh security defaults
To prevent brute force attacks i think that linux ssh, etc services should default for example to allow at first 30 logins within 10 minutes or so and then if that is exceeded allow only 1 per minute for next hour or so Don't know if this is right place to complain but i don't think current defaults are good enough as they are!!! Only 6.5536 * 10^12 variations in any good 8 charcters long password made out of only lowercase letters and numbers. It's absolutely possible to crack that with just brute force. On Dec 8, 4:54 am, japel...@gmail.com wrote: > To prevent brute force attacks i think that linux ssh, etc services > should default for example to allow at first 30 logins within 10 > minutes or so and then if that is exceeded allow only 1 per minute for > next hour or so > > Don't know if this is right place to complain but i don't think > current defaults are good enough as they are!!! Only 6.5536 * 10^12 > variations in any good 8 charcters long password made out of only > lowercase letters and numbers. It's absolutely possible to crack that > with just brute force. Try public key auth. japele42@gmail.com wrote: > To prevent brute force attacks i think that linux ssh, etc services > should default for example to allow at first 30 logins within 10 > minutes or so and then if that is exceeded allow only 1 per minute for > next hour or so I prefer to utilize MaxAuthTries 3 And configure a firewall to ba...

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

[News] [Linux] The Linux Foundation Improves Linux Printing
Linux Foundation Improves Printing Functionality in Linux With LSB Driver Development Kit ,----[ Quote ] | "The LSB DDK is a direct result of our workgroup efforts and will | make it easier to create distribution-independent printer driver | packages," said Till Kamppeter, OpenPrinting.org manager, The | Linux Foundation. `---- http://new.marketwire.com/2.0/rel.jsp?id=741867&sourceType=1 Related: Real-time Linux simulates toner motion for printer design ,----[ Quote ] | Concurrent reports that its commercial, real-time Linux | implementation for multi-processor AMD Opter...

The non-Linux Linux
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd http://www.archhurd.org/ The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? taka0038@gmail.com wrote: > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd > > http://www.archhurd.org/ > > The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and > stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. > > Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? Yes. In a...

[News] Everything in Mobile Devices is Linux, Linux, Linux....
Better Than Kindle? ,----[ Quote ] | While I'm thinking about all the things I'd do with it, this is what comes to | my mind: this thing cost around $400. There are few other devices that cost | that much these days: | | * Nokia N810 | * Asus eeePC 701 | * OLPC `---- http://justanystuff.blogspot.com/2007/12/better-than-kindle.html Here's a good early look at Android: Hands on with Android: XML Parsing ,----[ Quote ] | Here is an XML parser that I created to showcase Android’s UI. It retrieves | NBA, MLB and NFL scores off of my web server. The true beauty is ...

Linux Could NOT Have Invented Linux
The current view in Western technology is that Linus Torvalds invented Linux. Nothing could be further from the truth. The technical complexity and useability of Linux make it beyond the capability of what man could produce using the tools available in 1992. My theory is that Ancient Astronauts descended from the sky on 'Chariots of the Gods' and showed Linus *how* to write an Operating System. These alien visitors must have appeared as strange to the young Torvalds, and so he may have mistaken them for carpet vendors. -- w:04 On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:28:27 GMT, Erich Von ...

Web resources about - ssh over php from w2k to linux hangs (linux to linux ok) - comp.security.ssh

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For other uses, see Linux (disambiguation) . and video game consoles ...

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For GNU package based on Linux kernel, see GNU Linux-libre . For ...

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For other uses, see Linux (disambiguation) . and video game consoles ...

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For other uses, see Linux (disambiguation) . The development of ...

Linux Mint hit by malware infection on its website, forum after hack attack
(credit: Wired UK/Shuttershock) Linux Mint forum users, and anyone who downloaded and installed a copy of the 17.3 Cinnamon edition on Saturday ...

New platform offers endpoint protection for Linux servers
Most of the internet is powered by Linux servers, so it's not surprising that they’re increasingly a target for attack. In particular recent ...

IDG Contributor Network: 9 Really Odd Linux Commands
You can probably make your Unix systems hum deliver great performance, withstand threats to file system integrity, resist hacker attacks, report ...

Linux Mint hacked: Compromised data up for sale, ISO downloads backdoored
On Saturday, Linux Mint disclosed that someone had compromised their website and made changes to links in order to direct users to malicious ...

Hackers compromised Linux Mint's install files
Some Linux fans just got a hard lesson about the importance of double-checking install files. The Linux Mint team is warning users that hackers ...

Hackers Infiltrate Linux Mint OS, Compromise User Forum
Hackers breach Linux Mint distribution, forums; Facebook, Intel, Nokia partner to open up telco networks; Intel turns its focus to 5G networking; ...