/etc/security/user file in AIX

I was reviewing the /etc/security/user file in a few AIX machines.  I
noticed that the file contains default: and each user id.  Somehow, I also
noticed that the settings were different in the default and other user ids.
Under this situation, which settings are working?  The settings in default:
or in a specific user id?

For example:
In the default:
maxage = 0
minlen =6

but in an user id:
maxage = 4
minlen = 8

which will work?

0
Sherman
12/2/2003 11:07:52 PM
comp.security.unix 708 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I believe the settings specific to each user take precedence over the
default settings.
If you were to create a new user, the default settings are used. You will
have to override the default settings later.

Hien