anyone using PortScan on OS X?

I'm having a bit of trouble with it -- if anyone else has managed to get
this to work under 10.4.7 or so, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,
- Joe
0
Joe
9/11/2006 10:40:56 PM
comp.security.unix 708 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:40:56 -0600 Joe Strout may have written:
> I'm having a bit of trouble with it -- if anyone else has managed to
> get this to work under 10.4.7 or so, I'd love to hear about it.

What symptons and what is "PortScan"? nmap and it's counterparts work
fine under OS X for me.

PD

--
Paul Day
Web: http://www.enigma.id.au/
 Paul Day <pauls@enigma.id.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:40:56 -0600 Joe Strout may have written:
> > I'm having a bit of trouble with it -- if anyone else has managed to
> > get this to work under 10.4.7 or so, I'd love to hear about it.
>
> What symptons and what is "PortScan"? nmap and it's counterparts work
> fine under OS X for me.

Sorry, that was a brain malfunction.  I meant to ask about PortSentry;
it's an intrusion-detection tool.  I've described the problem here:

<http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1571155&forum_id=275032

....but so far, gotten no reply.

Best,
- Joe