Simulation of Single Phase AC Motors

If you know of a good book or information source on simulating single
phase AC motors with Spice or Matlab please post your recommendation.

Thanks,  Howard

1
howardrh (78)
10/30/2005 12:16:37 PM
comp.simulation 747 articles. 5 followers. cimca (102) is leader. Post Follow

simulation of vertical handover in matlab
hello every one I am working on the vertical handover between heterogeneous wireless networks. i have implemented the scenario for wifi-wimax in the ns2 2.29. Now i want to simulate Wifi-UMTS scenario in the matlab if anyone know how to start it in matlab.thank you please help me my email id : npkshirsagar@gmail.com On 4/19/2012 5:10 AM, anup kshirsagar wrote: > hello every one I am working on the vertical handover between >heterogeneous wireless networks. i have implemented the scenario >for wifi-wimax in the ns2 2.29. > Now i want to simulate Wifi-UMTS scenario in the matl...

coordinates on a single line of output corresponding to each point
How to obtain data= Table[{u,v,u+v, u-v, u*v/10 },{u,0,4.5,.5}, {v,0,3.5,.5}] for 80 points on 80 separate lines ? TIA Narasimham Am Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:52:51 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Narasimham <mathma18@hotmail.com>: > How to obtain > data= Table[{u,v,u+v, u-v, u*v/10 },{u,0,4.5,.5}, {v,0,3.5,.5}] > for 80 points on 80 separate lines ? TIA > > Narasimham > Grid[Prepend[ Flatten[0.5 Table[{u, v, u + v, u - v, u*v/10}, {u, 0, 9}, {v, 0, 7}], 1], {u, v, u + v, u - v, u*v/10}], Frame -> All] might be a starting point? dat...

CDF parameter not found in sweep simulations
Hi, For some of the work that I am doing at the moment, I would like to be able to easily modify model parameters that are usually left fixed. To do this, I have copied the existing device provided by my foundry and then added a CDF parameter to the new device. In this case, I am trying to add the "is" parameter to an n-well diode (nwd) provided by AMS. I have added the "is" parameter to the Component Parameters section of the CDF, and also to the spectre instParameters part of the Simulation Information. I have also created a modified model file which appears as: ...

Supply Keystone Jack Faceplate,modular faceplate,RJ45 Faceplate,Single Gang Faceplate,double gang faceplate,avaya faceplate,amp faceplate,icc faceplate,cat5e faceplate,network faceplate,angled facepla
Keystone Jack Faceplate,modular faceplate,RJ45 Faceplate,Single Gang Faceplate,double gang faceplate,avaya faceplate,amp faceplate,icc faceplate,cat5e faceplate,network faceplate,angled faceplate,US Faceplate,UK Faceplate,French Faceplate,2 port faceplate,4 port faceplate,single port faceplate,3 port faceplate Please see more details at the Link: http://www.cheerwe-telecom.com http://itrademarket.com/cheerwetelecom Supply Keystone Jack Faceplate,modular faceplate,RJ45 Faceplate,Single Gang Faceplate,double gang faceplate,avaya faceplate,amp faceplate,icc faceplate,cat5e facep...

Re: Simulation in SAS
smart00712345@YAHOO.COM wrote: > I want to do a simulation of a procedure 1000 times. I am not sure how >to proceed to acheive this in SAS. Any suggestions? You've got lots of options. Venita suggested using macros. I would really prefer that you didn't use a big macro loop, unless you really have to. It's expensive in several ways, and it tends to teach you bad SAS programming practices. Expensive? Not in SAS compile time, but in everything else. It takes *your* time to learn SAS macro code and learn how to debug it. It may take orders of magnitude longer to run t...

Single file web page
Hi I run a sort of blog for a charity and they send me very nice pages of word documents to upload. Recently I did a clean install and had to switch from Word2000 to Word2003. When I save as a web page in 2003 I get a mht file which looks good until I upload it, then all I get is an error message about a single page web file. It urges me to download an extra for IE. I am using IE6. If I can't read it on the web I presume many others won't be able to. Is there any way that 2003 will save it as it did before. It seems that more is less. Colin me@privacy.net wrote: ...

CORBA simulator
I'm looking for a CORBA simulator to help develop an application. Does any of you have any experience to share or advice? Bill Hi Bill, >> I'm looking for a CORBA simulator to help develop an application. >> Does any of you have any experience to share or advice? What does it mean to have a CORBA simulator, i.e., why can't you just use a CORBA implementation? What would the difference be between a CORBA simulator and a CORBA ORB? Take care, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical Engine...

Help with Intellasys T18 compiler-simulator.
Greetings, I have downloaded the T18 compiler-simulator, set it up with gforth as per the instructions, and got it to run. However, as I am new to Forth/Programming, I had no idea what to do next. I realize this is a new product and the documentation isn't finished and up yet. I was just wondering if someone could point me to any information where I could see how to do/learn very basic Forth in this environment? I type words and I see all the words. That's a start. What I don't understand is, if I take something like starting Forth and also information from the ultratechno...

Help selecting motor for 10lbs base
I'm trying to choose a pair of motors that will be capable of driving a base (10lbs max). I'm trying to keep the current draw under 2 amps and the RPM at 200. I'm indifferent to a 12 or 24 V motor. Can anyone suggest a motor, or how much torque I would need to drive something like this? Thanks Jared --FWIW I've used the guts from Harbor Freight variable speed reversing hand drills for this. Not sure of the amperage draw, but they're dirt cheap... -- "Steamboat Ed" Haas : Yet another genius Hacking the Trailin...

Goat Simulator
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/11214-Goat-Simulator-Review-Crapricorn?utm_reader=feedly Not to be confused with the far less popular Goatse Simulator. Rin Stowleigh <rstowleigh@gmail.com> looked up from reading the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say: > >http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/11214-Goat-Simulator-Review-Crapricorn?utm_reader=feedly > >Not to be confused with the far less popular Goatse Simulator. Rule 34 says this probably does actually exis...

UK AC adapter for tungsten T3
Anyone care to let me know where I can get a UK power adapter for T3 at a cheap price. Thanks. On Sun, 9 May 2004 15:36:37 +0100, "��" <news@kidsnews.au.org> waived the right to be silent and professed: >Anyone care to let me know where I can get a UK power adapter for T3 at >a cheap price. Thanks. > My TT came with about four different adapters. -- Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. ...

Single UNIX Specification and FreeBSD
To all, In light of recent legal scuffles between SCO and just about everyone else in the open-source community, here is a question: As we know, the Open Group is the rightful owner of the trademark UNIX and its specifications. What would/could the potential benefits be for FreeBSD if it undergoes the UNIX certification process and be certified as a "UNIX" operating system? How would that help/hurt this community? (As an aside, if memory serves, Michael Lucas briefly touched on this issue in "Absolute BSD" when he said that it is highly unlike that FreeBSD...

Simulation simulation?
Hello all, I am looking for a good software to simulate a software. For training purposes we would like to simulate an ERP software. That means we would like to take screen shots of the software we want to teach and then simulate the processes which are done with the real data and only show the results to the trainee. Of cause that can be done with p*werpoint, but we would like to have different paths, choosen by selections made on the screens. Any hint would be appreciated! Thank you in advance, Stephan. ...

urgent:impulse noise simulation and NBI simulation
hi,all! I'm doing some simuation for wireless channel,but i don't know how to simulate the impulse noise and the NBI(narrowband interference) in a wireless channel.I have serched on the web,but nothing useful found. Could anyone give me some help on it? This message was sent using the Comp.DSP web interface o www.DSPRelated.com Narrowband interference is just a CW carrier. If you don't know how to simulate that then I probably don't understand the question. Impulse interference, once inside the receiver, will look like pulses that have the same shape and duration as...

stepper motor source
I am looking for source(s) for a 24 volt dc nema 23 stepper motor (preferably 5-lead) somewhere around 140 oz. in. Anybody have any ideas? It would be to use on an NC desktop machine. Thanks in advance, Ace Ace wrote: > > I am looking for source(s) for a 24 volt dc nema 23 stepper motor > (preferably 5-lead) somewhere around 140 oz. in. > > Anybody have any ideas? It would be to use on an NC desktop machine. 24-volt steppers aren't too common especially on the surplus market, as most are 3, 5 or 12 volt -- being takeouts from printers, computers,...

System Simulation Error
Hi - I am a newbie ModelSim 5.6 SE user and am trying to troubleshoot this error - ______________________________________________ # -- Loading package standard # ** Error: (vcom-19) Failed to access library 'unisim' at "unisim". # No such file or directory. # ERROR: ../simulation/system_init.vhd(5): Library unisim not found. # ERROR: ../simulation/system_init.vhd(7): VHDL Compiler exiting # ERROR: C:/Modeltech_5.6/win32/vcom failed. # Error in macro ./system.do line 3 ___________________________________________ # My system.do file is : ________________________ do system_i...

WOW! Look: General relativity is simply explained by Fitzpatrick's RPR -
WOW! Look: General relativity is simply explained by Fitzpatrick's RPR - - (Relative Phase Relationships). Our space is built up by the average amount elements are out of phase with each other. Repulsive forces are generated between elements that are out of phase more than this average. While elements more in phase, than this average (phase coherence), produce attractive forces. http://www.amperefitz.com/why.general.relativity.htm Click link above to see why we have general relativity. ...

Pausing m-file while running simulink simulation
Hi, i want to control my simulink simulation from a m-file: I want to automatically ->change some input variables -> run the simulation -> read the results multiple times. The problem is, that the m-file doesn't wait the simulation to stop. i found one solution for my problem: http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-1MQV53.html?product=WT&solution=1-1MQV53 but I didn't manage to implement it. I don't understand the last part, of how to stop the timer object. It would be great if someone could explain that issue in a simpler/ more detailed example or maybe...

robot simulation, simulation in infinite loop
Hi, I'd like to do a simulation on the movement of a robot which looks like this: w w \ / \/ | | w w = wheel The angle between two arms is 120 degrees, I can't draw it better :) I have some scopes with the values of the current x and y position, the rotation and the velocity of each wheel. How can I draw the robot at its current position? It would be nice if the velocity could be draw as a vector at each wheel. Is this possible in an easy way? I did not find an object in the library browser which can be used to ...

Phase Noise #2
I need to study the impact of phase noise in a ideal channel and verify th changes in BER of a GMSK system. something like this: (TX) GSMK Mod. -> IF -> OL -> BPF -> RF Amp -> BPF (channel) (!!! here's my problem!!! how to make this in simulink using som available blocks!!!) (RX) BPF -> RF Amp. -> OL -> BPF -> GMSK Desm. Can anyone show me a very basic example for that? ...

Simulation in Matlab
Hi, I am new in this group. Does anyone of you know how to make a model and then a simulation in Matlab !without! using simulink. Just using the Matlab code. I have done some simulation befor but i ever used simulink. thanx for reply el_loco el_loco wrote: > ly > > el_loco Derive the system of differential equations governing your system and use solvers like ode45 etc to solve them. Typing 'doc ode45' should get you started. HTH, Maarten -- =================================================================== Maarten van Reeuwijk dept. of Multiscal...

Re: Quiz: Double/Single Quotes and Macro Var Resolution #4
I don't know about too easy for me. I had started looking at the DOCs when Chang posted the QUIZ. I try not to think about macro quoting too much it could cause health problems. On 11/2/07, toby dunn <tobydunn@hotmail.com> wrote: > Ahhhh Data _Null_ .... I see I asked a way to easy question for the likes of you..... I was trying to get Changrala to start thinking....Toby Dunn Compromise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each compromise you make, that becomes your standard. Perfection doesnt exist, once you reach it, its not perfect anymore. It means something...

Is it possible to run action clicking on single column?
Hi, I need to open URL when clicking on single column in a view. In addition to that, URL is different for each row. Is it possible to create a button for each row and assign an action to it? Currently, clicking on row opens document, that's why additional button is needed. TIA Mily ...

Simulated Annealing in Simulink
I am optimising numerous discrete variables in a Simulink model, and am currently using the Simulink Response Optimisation block. However, I was wondering if there are other ways to perform this optimisation, and if a Simulated Annealing approach can be used? Thanks, Neil. ...

simulation of mixed model data
Hi, I am going to generate some sample data points from a mixed model data with following formula: y_ijk=m+a_i+b_j+(ab)_ij+e_ijk i=1 to 3, j=1 to 2, k=1 to 10, where a b (ab) are random effects with given variance, and e is the error term. I confused how to generate data from these model. can any one give me details? for beginning I generate some points from following model: Y_ij=m+a_i+e_ij i=1 to 8 j=1 to 4 a form N(0,.5) and e form N(0,.1) and fit the following model: proc mixed data=temp; class x; model y=/int; random x; run; where x is a categorical variable with 8 levels. howeve...