Simulation of Single Phase AC Motors

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

If you know of a good book or information source on simulating single
phase AC motors with Spice or Matlab please post your recommendation.

Thanks,  Howard

1
Reply howardrh (78) 10/30/2005 12:16:37 PM

See related articles to this posting
comp.simulation 719 articles. 5 followers. Post

single phase ac motor modeling
hello im doing motor position control using fuzzy controller. i need to know the modeling of single phase ac motor(transfer function).. ...

Single-phase AC induction motor block
I am looking for a Simulink block for a single-phase AC induction motor. I am working on a motor control circuit, and have been using the power system blockset for circuit elements and power electronics components. Unfortunately, as many of you know, the motor blocks in this toolbox are 3-phase only. Any help would be *greatly* appreciated! ...

Controlling torque of single phase ac induction motor
i have a dayton shaded pole single phase ac induction motor with 1/150HP, 3000 RPM, 230 V, 60 Hz frequency and Full Load Amps 0.24A . I would like to know whether there is any equation for troque.(connecting current/voltage with torque) ThankYou [F'up2 c.a.e --- this would be even *more* off-topic in the electronics newsgroup, I think.] In comp.arch.embedded bg <byju.ganga@gmail.com> wrote: > i have a dayton shaded pole single phase ac induction motor with > 1/150HP, 3000 RPM, 230 V, 60 Hz frequency and Full Load Amps 0.24A. 230 V at 0.24 A is 55 VA, or, assuming a cos(...

Controlling torque of single phase ac induction motor
i have a dayton shaded pole single phase induction motor with 1/150HP, 3000 RPM, 230 V, 60 Hz frequency and Full Load Amps of 0.24A . I want to control the torque of this motor through program.For that i have input current to the motor as input. I would like to know whether there is any equation connecting troque and current. Thanks ...

how to build simulation model for three phase AC motor?
i'have a problem in making a simulation model for VSI(voltage source inverter V-f) driven by the three phase AC induction motor . My result should be the analysis for many condition such as harmonic voltage and frequncy as the input, THD stator, torque, breaking performance and etc. i was tried to build the simulation in power sim system but some of the function is very difficult to initialize . i don't really know how to build a simulation model for the ac motor. because most of the example always in dc motor. hope that i will get help from u. tq. ...

Controlling torque of single phase ac induction motor #2
i have a dayton shaded pole single phase ac induction motor with 1/150HP, 3000 RPM, 230 V, 60 Hz frequency and Full Load Amps 0.24A . I would like to know whether there is any equation for troque.(connecting current/voltage with torque) ThankYou ...

Single phase induction motor
Can anyone help me on modeling SPIM with simulink. ...

AC motor fault simulation
I have a project to simulate a fault in induction motor rotor. The fault can be from broken broken bar for example. I try my best in simulink but i can't manages with this problem. So i need help, this project is very important for me. So could someone hlep me to simulate a fault of AC motor in simulink model using powelib or simscape? Thanks to anybody who try to help i really appraise it ! Hi, I'm sorry to say that there is no simple solution for your problem. Generally, simulating such inside faults requires re-calculation of the machine parameters. Regards Frank > I&#...

single phase AC alternator model
Hi I understand this is a pretty noobish request but there is no such model in the Simulink blockset and though the equations are pretty simple I can't figure out an appropriate way of modeling both electrical and mechanical characteristics (torque, inertia, friction etc).. Please could someone explain how this model could be constructed. Hi, I also need model of alternator in simulink...does anyone knows where to find it? Thanks ...

Phase-swaping during simulation in Simulink (Asynch Motor)
If someone knows how to implement a real time phase-swaping on the input of a Three-Phase Asynchronous Motor, I would appreciate a lot the help. I want to change them when I'm running the simulation and I've used switches, buttons, etc, and so far the only thing I've seen is errors. ...

AC Dual Phase motor control via Matlab???
I am attempting to control either two electric induction motors or two pneumatic rotor actuators with Matlab. Could someone please give me some suggestions as to what type of controller I will need and what type of code I will need to write in Matlab to drive the motors. The power supply will either be 120 or 240 V(o-p). Will I need some sort of external amplifier or will the controller have one of these built in? Thank you! ...

controllers to drive a single phase 24V dc brushless motor
Hi, I am working on the brake-by-wire system of an autonomous vehicle project, and I would like to know if there exist any controllers to drive a 'SINGLE PHASE' 24V brushless dc motor (yes, this might sound 'weird'). -Gautam Gautam, Could you tell us more about your single phase motor - like does it have a center tap? If so, one possibility is the LS7261. (if not - it would be weird). http://www.lsicsi.com/pdfs/AN104.pdf By the way, are you THE Gautam Jain of the famous Redteam?? and might the autonomous vehicle be Sandstorm or it's new sibling? ...

Help with 3 phase to single phase matrix converter
I'm trying to make 3 phase to single phase matrix converter by using 3 bidirectional switch at each phase. But i'm trouble with switching operation of IGBT gate. In this case i'm using PWM not SVPWM likes in simulink demo. I'm trying to build this model before i'm gonna make 3 phase Matrix converter with 9 bidirectional switch. Does everyone know switching strategy for 3 phase to single phase matrix converter??? or if there is someone who can make 3 phase matrix converter using PWM plese let me know..I really need help in this case. Thank you ...

ac motor
thanks for your attention! i want to make a model of the AC motor,but as a new hand,I don`T known the way to make it. can I get your mercy?thanks a lot for your help! Hi Look in some modelling books. The AC motor should be mentioned there. Or just try having a look in diploma thesis or even dissertations. Hope this helps. Christian ...

three phase to single phase matrix convereter using PWM
hi, This is amala.am doing my m.Tech project in three to single phase matrix convereter.i tried to model the matrix convereter bt itz nt working properly..so any one havin any idea about the matrix convereter simulink model plz do help me... ...

what is the different betwean AC brushless motor and DC brushless motor?
what is the different betwean AC brushless motor and DC brushless motor? does AC mean i should use inverter to oparate the motor? thank you eli I believe the difference is that you can drive an AC brushless motor directly from an AC line - 50 or 60 Hz. I am not sure this is the same as a synchonous motor or not. Perhaps you should quote the motors or source of your information. A DC brushless motor one needs a controller to 1) sense the position of the the stator and 2) change the current flow in the coils in order to generate the next phase of rotation. These are more ty...

Monte Carlo Single-Server Single Line Queueing Simulation
I am very little experienced with MathLab. My previous experience was using MathLab in a Linear Algebra Course where we used MathLab as an Alternate Method to solve Linear Systems (one equation at a time). I am currently in a course where I have been requested to develop a very simple single-server single-line Monte Carlo(Markovian) simulation. Finite population (500)- Poisson distribution, feeds a FIFO server-exponential distribution. I need to calculate Avg/mean arrival rate, Avg Service rate, Avg/mean Wait time in the queue, and Total time in the system for all customers. With this ou...

AC Brushless Motor
I'm doing a design of a ac brushless motor. Is having problem with it, is there anyone out there can help? (All in idea case) 1) How to form the feedback loop of it? Klaus wrote: > I'm doing a design of a ac brushless motor. > > Is having problem with it, is there anyone out there can help? > > (All in idea case) > > 1) How to form the feedback loop of it? "present output" = "present input" + "next previous output" HTH, HAND I'm looking more than that. Where should my Lq and Ld take ref from? In a model of motor, it take...

Motor simulation help
Hi, I am new to LabView (just got LV 7 eval, went to a seminar)...so here goes... I would like to use LabView to model servo controllers. And one of the first things I need is a computer (LabView) model of a dc (toque) motor. For example the .vi would have volts (or amps) in and output position and torque info about the motor shaft. i.e. 1 amp in yields some value of torque acting on the inertial load of the motor, and moves the shaft 30 degrees. Put another way, how do I write the motor equations and get a result? Would this be writing a .vi that I then could use in say a PID .vi simulat...

AC stepper motor
Ive tried searching for a schematic for a control on an AC stepper i have. All I find is DC. can anyone fill me in? It has separate terminals A-H, I believe A is missing. why can;t I find info on AC steppers? Thanx- -newbie in need of a solution- "Eric" <ericpine@hotmail.com> writes: > Ive tried searching for a schematic for a control on an AC stepper i have. > > All I find is DC. can anyone fill me in? It has separate terminals A-H, I > believe A is missing. > > why can;t I find info on AC steppers? Why do you believe the...

Wiring Up an AC Motor
I've recently acquired an 1/8 hp AC Motor which I'm trying to hook up to see if it is any good. The motor is a Dayton Model 3M292 Permanent Split Capacitor (PSC) motor. I know it works off of 110 VAC single phase and will pull 1.8 Amps (according to the specs). Unfortunately, I can't find any hookup schematics (it came with no manual of course). The motor has a large capacitor (I presume) which has two wires running into the case of the motor. From the case of the motor there are four wires to be connected to whatever is driving the motor. They are Black, Brown, B...

Three phase motors?
Hi, I'm looking at a micro released by renesas (M16C platform). One of the things they're quite proud of is the builtin three-phase motor controller. I was just wondering if this has any application in robotics. Are there three phase motors that don't run on 480Vac? :) If anyone knows of small-scale three phase motors, please point me that way.... Thanks, --buddy On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:34:33 +0000 (UTC), Buddy Smith <nullset.spamtrap@dookie.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm looking at a micro released by renesas (M16C platform). One of the ...

Phase MLE of single sinusoid
Hi, In the MLE estimation for the phase angle of a single sinusoid embedded in WGN, different cases arise depending on what signal parameters you assume are known. When the frequency is assumed known, then there are the two cases that are typically considered in the literature for estimating the phase of the signal amplitude being known and not being known. I am curious how significant/practically important the case of phase estimation when the signal amplitude is (assumed) known really is. It appears to be of some theoretical interest (Kay in Signal Processing devotes about a page to this c...

ac induction motor theory
i m researching ac induction motors and field control of them where can i find information online On 29 Feb 2004 06:51:50 -0800, anotherbrick wrote: >i m researching ac induction motors >and field control of them > >where can i find information online Well, it's a bit off the wall, maybe ... but might Google just possibly be of any assistance, do you suppose? -- Max On 29 Feb 2004 06:51:50 -0800, makara99@yahoo.com (anotherbrick) wrote in comp.arch.embedded: > i m researching ac induction motors > and field control of them > > where can i find infor...