[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.7 available for download

Hi,

Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and
users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.7
micro release, which is available from the usual download location at:

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/

under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit."

This release contains major CIAO changes and some small changes to ACE
and TAO for all the work done in CIAO.

The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition
to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release
provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their
own makefiles.

We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your
applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please
use the:

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're
using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at:

$TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/

for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to
move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward.  Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming
plans are available at:

$ACE_ROOT/NEWS
$TAO_ROOT/NEWS
$CIAO_ROOT/NEWS

The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our
daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 95% for the TAO tests.
Please see:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/

for a summary of these tests. As always, we appreciate your help in
resolving any remaining problems. Please see:

ACE_ROOT/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

for an overview of our bug fixing policies.  Moreover, please see

for information commercial support services available from various
companies.

The following is a list of key changes since the last micro
release. Please refer to the corresponding ChangeLog files, NEWS files
or Bugzilla entries for more details on the problem and the nature of
fixes applied.

==============
Changes to ACE
==============

.. Integrated fix for bug 3104 and regression test for
  interval timers.

.. Added support for GCC builtin Atomic instructions which
  are enabled with GCC >= 4.1 for PPC32/PPC64/IA64

.. Improved autoconf support for debian

.. Added support for -mcpu and -mtune. Add TCPU=.. to your
  environment/platform_macros.GNU to specify you cpu and
  than add cpumodelflag=1 and/or tunemodelflag=1. Using
  this with IBM Cell increased the performance significantly

==============
Changes to TAO
==============

.. Add IDL3+ support to TAO_IDL

.. Cleanup in TAO_IDL. Part of this cleanup closes
  (Bugzilla 2200).

===============
Changes to CIAO
===============

.. Reworked MPC support for dds4ccm. If you want to use dds4ccm you need
  to obtain the source distribution and for NDDS add dds4ccm_ndds=1 to
  your default.features file and generate the project files

.. Implemented more dds wrapper calls in the dds4ccm library

.. All DDS4CCM connectors are now generated by tao_idl

.. Did major cleanup in DAnCE to reduce dependencies and code size

.. Fix bug with DAnCE logging that cause the dance_node_manager not
  to log any messages

.. Extended dds4ccm test suite

.. Fixed -Glfa support

.. Added a new tool, dance_split_plan, which will allow a user
  to split a deployment plan into locality-constrained CDR-encoded
deployment
  plans.

.. Added a new tool, dance_convert_plan, which will allow a user to validate
  and optionally convert a XML encoded deployment plan into CDR.

.. CIAO and DAnCE logging are silent by default, no messages are printed
anymore.
  If you want to enable logging use the environment variables
CIAO_LOG_LEVEL,
  DANCE_LOG_LEVEL, CIAO_TRACE_ENABLE, DANCE_TRACE_ENABLE, DANCE_LOG_FILE,
  and CIAO_LOG_FILE. For the executables we have the commandline arguments
  -DAnCELogLevel, -DAnCETraceEnable, -DAnCELogFile, -CIAOLogLevel,
  -CIAOTraceEnable, and -CIAOLogFile

=====================
Bugzilla Issues Fixed
=====================

4 ACE bugs fixed:
791 Optimization: Compile ACE/TAO with "-mcpu" or "-march"
3104 Performance issue for 'small interval timers' under application load
3714 ACE_Dev_Poll_Reactor causes High CPU utilization leading to severe
     loss of performance in multi-threaded server app
3818 Add C++ io stream output operator to ACE_Time_Value class

5 TAO bugs fixed:
2200 Possible cleanup in IDL Compiler
3819 tao_idl crashes for multiple forward declarations of valuetypes
3821 Code generation for enum discriminated unions
3826 Special settings of the first ORB with -ORBGestalt LOCAL becomes
default
     for other ORBs
3827 Race between ORB_Core::shutdown(false) and access to valuetype_adapter_

7 CIAO bugs fixed:
3585 Need to support the connector concept
3586 Add DDS connector support
3588 Add support for IDL3+ templated modules
3589 Extend to support deployment of connectors
3831 Plan Locality doesn't seem to be working as expected
3832 Logging in NodeManager appears broken
3834 Add a test for deploying multiplex receptacles

0
Johnny

Web resources about - [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.7 available for download - comp.soft-sys.ace

ACE+TAO+CIAO Sponsors
ACE+TAO+CIAO Sponsors The following companies, organizations, and funding agencies havesponsored our work on ACE , TAO , and CIAO over the pasttwo ...