[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.9 available for download

Hi,

Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and
users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.9
micro release, which is available from the usual download location at:

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/

under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit."

This release contains major CIAO changes and some small changes to ACE
and TAO for all the work done in CIAO. After this micro release we
are scheduling x.8.0 as next minor release.

The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition
to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release
provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their
own makefiles.

We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your
applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please
use the:

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're
using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at:

$TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/

for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to
move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward.  Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming
plans are available at:

$ACE_ROOT/NEWS
$TAO_ROOT/NEWS
$CIAO_ROOT/NEWS

The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our
daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 95% for the TAO tests.
Please see:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/

for a summary of these tests. As always, we appreciate your help in
resolving any remaining problems. Please see:

ACE_ROOT/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

for an overview of our bug fixing policies.  Moreover, please see

for information commercial support services available from various
companies.

The following is a list of key changes since the last micro
release. Please refer to the corresponding ChangeLog files, NEWS files
or Bugzilla entries for more details on the problem and the nature of
fixes applied.

==============
Changes to ACE
==============

.. ACE's default makefiles (traditional ACE/GNU, not autoconf/automake)
  now support installation with "make install".
  Please see the ACE-INSTALL.html file for instructions.

.. Support for the ARCH make variable has been enhanced to apply to
executables
  (in addition to libraries and object files), and the ARCH feature has been
  integrated into the MPC-generated makefiles (to work with MPC's requires
  and avoids features).

==============
Changes to TAO
==============

.. TAO's default makefiles (traditional ACE/GNU, not autoconf/automake)
  now support installation with "make install".
  Please see the ACE-INSTALL.html file for instructions.

.. Refactored several parts of TAO_IDL

===============
Changes to CIAO
===============

.. CIAO's default makefiles (traditional ACE/GNU, not autoconf/automake)
  now support installation with "make install".
  Please see the ACE-INSTALL.html file for instructions.

.. CIAO now enabled the LwCCM profile by default. This reduces the
  size of the generated code and the core libraries significantly.
  If you need any of the full CCM features, set ccm_lw=0 in your
  default.features file.

.. Updated AMI4CCM naming and extended the test suite

.. DDS4CCM tests and examples now instantiate the CCM_DDS::Typed module which
  gives us the DDS_Event and DDS_State connectors directly without requiring
  the user to manually derive a connector from DDS_Event and/or DDS_State

.. The way attributes are set from the cdp file onto the components
  has changed, any mismatch between the attribute datatype in IDL
  and the CDP file will cause to a StartError

.. The interpretation of locality constraints in deployment plans has changed
  slightly.  Previously, any components not explicitly included as part of
  a locality group would be installed into their own, seperate
locality.  Now
  they will be installed into an arbitrarily chosen locality on the same
node.

.. The first version of the DAnCE LocalityManager entity has been added to
  the repository.  As such, launching components with ciao_componentserver
  is no longer supported, and dance_locality_manager should be used instead
  as the component server argument to dance_node_manager.

.. The way explicitly homed components are represented in deployment plans
  has changed.  The <implementation> section needs to have an execParameter
  with name "edu.vanderbilt.dre.DAnCE.ImplementationType" and value
  "edu.vanderbilt.dre.CCM.HomedComponent".  The <instance> section needs
  to have a configProperty with name
"edu.vanderbilt.dre.CIAO.ComponentHomeId"
  and value is the <name> field of the home that is managing that component.

.. The way component server processes are explicitly deployed and passed
  command line arguments has changed.  The <implementation> field must
  have an execParameter named "edu.vanderbilt.dre.DAnCE.ImplementationType"
  and value "edu.vanderbilt.dre.DAnCE.LocalityManager".  To pass command
  line arguments, the instance must have a configProperty named
  "edu.vanderbilt.dre.DAnCE.LocalityArguments".

.. Connection of emits/publish/consume ports is no longer supported via
  externalReference endpoints.  Simplex and multiplex facet/receptacle
  connections continue to be supported.

.. DDS4CCM is compliant to the beta 2 specification, the next micro release
  will be updated to match beta 3.

=====================
Bugzilla Issues Fixed
=====================

11 ACE bugs fixed:
2916 STREAM make service configuration crash wih SIGNAL 11
3205 STREAM make classic service configuration crash
3217 gnuace build system problems on Win32 host
3334 STREAMS ACE/examples/ASX/CCM_App causes SEGV on exit
3798 trouble building with ARCH environment variable
3820 NonBlocking_Conn_Test.cpp fails
3840 prj_install.pl does not install binary files
3843 Incomplete install packages generated by mpc
3846 Log-Message not shown with ACE_USES_WCHAR
3847 Double delete with service config
3848 Problem with dev poll on Solaris

11 TAO bugs fixed:
2029 Frame size of AV_TCP_Object
2567 Introduce template template arguments in Any insert policy
3687 Update IDL3 to IDL2 with IDL3+ support
3779 Svnt file is large, contains a lot of code from included idl files
3794 TAO/tests/HandleExhaustion
3795 TAO/tests/POA/EndpointPolicy
3796 TAO\tests\TransportCurrent\IIOP
3797 TAO/tests/Hang_Shutdown/
3804 bug_2953_regression should pass filenames through argv
3836 _narrow Infinitely Loops When Server Is Not Running
3845 no check of operation return type for local/remote mismatch

1 CIAO bugs fixed:
2718 CCM Navigation & Introspection optional

0
Johnny

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.7 available for download
Hi, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.7 micro release, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit." This release contains major CIAO changes and some small changes to ACE and TAO for all the work done in CIAO. The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 95% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/sco...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.4 available for download
Hi, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.4 micro release, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit." This release contains major CIAO changes and some small changes to ACE and TAO for all the work done in CIAO. The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 94% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://www.dre.v...

[ace-announce] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.9 available for download
[...]

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.3 available for download
Hi, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.3 micro release, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit." This release contains major CIAO changes and some small changes to ACE and TAO for all the work done in CIAO. The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 94% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://www.dre.v...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.6 available for download
Hi, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.6 micro release, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit." This release contains major CIAO changes and some small changes to ACE and TAO for all the work done in CIAO. The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 95% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/sco...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.7 available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.7 release. The x.6.7 release is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own ...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.1 available for download
Hi, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.1 Bug Fix Only (BFO) micro release, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit." Since this is the BFO release, a persistent link to this release is also available under the heading "Latest BFO Micro release." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available, as well as the prebuilt cidlc binaries. In addition to the pack...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.0 available for download
Hi, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7 minor release, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit." Since this marks the start of the x.7 release cycle, these links are also available from this page under the heading "Latest Release." This marks the start of a Bug-Fix Only phase, which will lead to a release of x.7.1 when we feel the bugs are sufficiently fixed. The "...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.2 available for download
Hi, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.2 micro release, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit." This release contains major CIAO changes and some small changes to ACE and TAO for all the work done in CIAO. The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 94% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://www.dre.v...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.1.7 available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro and bug fix only release of ACE 6.1.7, TAO 2.1.7, CIAO 1.1.7, and DAnCE 1.1.7, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 97% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE tests. Pleas...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.1.9 available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.1.9, TAO 2.1.9, CIAO 1.1.9, and DAnCE 1.1.9, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 97% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE tests. Please see: http://...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.7 available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.2.7, TAO 2.2.7, CIAO 1.2.7, and DAnCE 1.2.7, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 97% for the TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE tests. Please see: http://...

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.9 available for download
[...]

[tao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.9 available for download
[...]

[ace-announce] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.7 available for download
[...]

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.7 available for download
[...]

[tao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.7 available for download
[...]

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.5.9 now available
Hi all, Thanks to the substantial efforts by many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. It is available from the same download location as per the previous release at http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Beta Kit". The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. Included with this beta, besides the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, we also provide source only packages for the group of users which use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to dow...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 available for download
Hi all, Thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 release. The x.6.4 release is available from the usual download location at http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. ...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.5 available for download
Hi all, Thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.5 release. The x.6.5 release is available from the usual download location at http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. ...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.5.7 now available
Thanks to the substantial efforts by many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.5.7 beta. It is available from the same download location as per the previous release at http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Beta Kit". The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. Included with this beta, besides the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, we also provide source only packages for the group of users which use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to downlo...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.2 available for download
Hi all, Thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.2 release. The x.6.2 release is available from the download location at http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Beta kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuild cidlc binaries will be available tomorrow. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release also provides source-only packages for the group of users who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 95% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a summary of these tests. ...

[ace-bugs] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.4 available for download
[...]

[ace-announce] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.6 available for download
[...]

Web resources about - [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.9 available for download - comp.soft-sys.ace

ACE+TAO+CIAO Sponsors
ACE+TAO+CIAO Sponsors The following companies, organizations, and funding agencies havesponsored our work on ACE , TAO , and CIAO over the pasttwo ...