[ace-users] ACE/TAO 6.3.3/2.3.3 RPMs available!

Hi,

We have uploaded the new micro release to OpenSuSE Build Service which
now provides RPMs for this new micro release. For more details see
ORBzone.org at http://www.orbzone.org/node/387

Best regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT
Looking for support and consultancy related to ACE/TAO, see
http://www.theaceorb.nl!
0
Johnny

[ace-announce] ACE/TAO 6.3.3/2.3.3 RPMs available!
Hi, We have uploaded the new micro release to OpenSuSE Build Service which now provides RPMs for this new micro release. For more details see ORBzone.org at http://www.orbzone.org/node/387 Best regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Looking for support and consultancy related to ACE/TAO, see http://www.theaceorb.nl! ...

[tao-users] ACE/TAO 6.3.3/2.3.3 RPMs available!
Hi, We have uploaded the new micro release to OpenSuSE Build Service which now provides RPMs for this new micro release. For more details see ORBzone.org at http://www.orbzone.org/node/387 Best regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Looking for support and consultancy related to ACE/TAO, see http://www.theaceorb.nl! ...

[tao-announce] ACE/TAO 6.3.3/2.3.3 RPMs available!
Hi, We have uploaded the new micro release to OpenSuSE Build Service which now provides RPMs for this new micro release. For more details see ORBzone.org at http://www.orbzone.org/node/387 Best regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Looking for support and consultancy related to ACE/TAO, see http://www.theaceorb.nl! ...

[ace-users] RE: ACE/TAO build problems on Solaris 2.8 using gcc 3.3.6 #2
Hi, > -----Original Message----- > From: Douglas C. Schmidt [mailto:schmidt@cse.wustl.edu] > Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 9:09 AM > To: nealweston@bellsouth.net; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu; > parsons@dre.vanderbilt.edu > Subject: Re: ACE/TAO build problems on Solaris 2.8 using gcc 3.3.6 > > Hi Neal, > > >> I am trying to build ACE-5.5 and TAO-1.5 on a SPARC > Solaris 2.8 system > >> using gcc 3.3.6 and GNU make 3.80. > >> > >> The build is failing in > ACE_wrappers/build/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs (output > ...

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.0 won't compile after GCC upgrade (3.3.3 -> 3.4.3) #2
Hi J.T., Right... The issue is a bit odd... Here's the check I added for ACE: dnl This check was added to work around a system-supplied header dnl (/usr/include/netinet/ip.h) that won't compile with Visual Age C++ dnl unless the _NO_BITFIELDS preprocessor macro is defined. The comments dnl there recommend use of _NO_BITFIELDS (and recode where needed to allow dnl that), but we won't just turn it on. Check to see if it's needed. Note dnl that this check is related to headers but done before we really know if dnl the header is present. Thus, if the bare compile fa...

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.0 won't compile after GCC upgrade (3.3.3 -> 3.4.3) #2
Hi Colm, Ok, thanks for that explanation. I solved this a different way for a similar problem that showed up with Visual Age C++ on AIX 5.2... When the 5.4.5 beta comes out, please try this again and hopefully no further workarounds will be needed. Thanks, -Steve -- Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation Adding Service to Open Source Software ACE book info at http://www.riverace.com/acebooks/ > -----Original Message----- > From: Colm McHugh [mailto:cmchugh@callixa.com] > Sent: We...

RE: [ace-users] ACE 5.3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01BC_01C5D46D.2EF26B10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Praveen, =20 Riverace will have an AIX 5.3/Visual Age 7 machine running next week. We have a sponsor for porting ACE 5.4 to the platform. If you'd like to sponsor us porting back to ACE 5.3, please let me know. =20 Best regards, =20 -Steve -- Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation "How to Use ACE Effectively" class Oct 17-19! See http://www.riverace.com/training.htm -...

[ace-users] Re: ACE/TAO build problems on Solaris 2.8 using gcc 3.3.6
Hi Neal, >> I am trying to build ACE-5.5 and TAO-1.5 on a SPARC Solaris 2.8 system >> using gcc 3.3.6 and GNU make 3.80. >> >> The build is failing in ACE_wrappers/build/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs (output >> included below) and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to >> what the problem may be. >> >> What is puzzling to me is that the lines in question are all comment >> lines. For example the "01.ps" invalid token on line 15 of >> CosProperty.idl is from the following comment line: >> >> //...

ACE 6.3.0 and TAO 2.3.0 RPMs now available
Hi, With the help of OpenSuSE build service we are now providing RPMs for ACE 6.3.0 and TAO 2.3.0. For an overview of all platforms and download links see ORBzone.org at http://orbzone.org/node/367 Remedy IT is providing services and support for this new minor release, for more information check our website at http://www.theaceorb.nl Best regards, Johnny Willemsen CTO Remedy IT http://nl.linkedin.com/in/johnnywillemsen/ ...

[ace-users] ACE 5.4.0 won't compile after GCC upgrade (3.3.3 -> 3.4.3)
[Apologies if this shows up twice, there was a mailer error with my first attempt to post] Hi, I found the same problem reported recently on the mailing list ("compiling ACE under Fedora core 3", March 1st) but no resolution was reported there, so I thought I'd post a full description here. ACE VERSION: 5.4 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: AIX 5.1 ...

[ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.0 won't compile after GCC upgrade (3.3.3 -> 3.4.3)
Hi Tom, > Well, the definition of "production release" for ACE is a bit murky > imho. Please see http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-development-process.html for the canonical definition of terms. If there's something unclear there please let me know and I'll fixit. > The developers on this list (almost) always recommend using the > latest package, which is typically labeled a "beta release". Right, the reason we do that is because the "latest release" (which is most commonly a beta release) is the on...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.3.3 available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the bug fix ony release of ACE 6.3.3, TAO 2.3.3, CIAO 1.3.3, and DAnCE 1.3.3, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We enc...

Re: [tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released #2 #2
Hi Alex, > What are OCI's plan's for a supported TAO 1.4 release and developer > guide? Will this effect the release of the 1.3 guide? This is an excellent question - I'm sure Malcolm Spence will pitch in when he has a chance and I suspect that OCI will be supporting TAO 1.4 in due time. None of the changes in TAO 1.4 should affect the relevance of the info in the TAO 1.3 developer's guide - there's just more new stuff to document as time permits. Take care, Doug ...

[ace-users] Compiling ACE 5.3 with GCC 3.4.3
Hi, I'm a newbie to ACE and this is my 1st posting to this alias, and would appreciate any help. I have a requirement to use ACE 5.3 on Solaris 10 SPARC. I had followed the building & installation information on ACE website to the letter and had no problems compiling it with Sun Studio 11. However, when I tried compiling it with GCC 3.4.3, I'm swamped with a host of problems. Being a newbie to ACE, I'm wondering a) if I'm setting the right config.h/platform_macros.GNU for GCC compile; b) if I should be trying add flags into these files to get it to co...

Web resources about - [ace-users] ACE/TAO 6.3.3/2.3.3 RPMs available! - comp.soft-sys.ace

Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 User Reviews
Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 reviews written by Phone Arena users. You can read the opinion of each user and how they rate the phone in 11 categories. ...

Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 official: iPhone-alike size for the new user
Samsung has revealed another in its Galaxy series, the Galaxy Ace 3, now targeting entry-level smartphone users who want a pocket-friendly 4-inch ...