[ace-users] Re: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ace/config-all.h': No such file or directory

Hi,

Make sure you set ACE_ROOT to the location of ACE (for example
c:\ace\ace_wrappers) and then restart the IDE, the IDE caches all
environment variables after being started.

Regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT
Postbus 101
2650 AC  Berkel en Rodenrijs
The Netherlands
www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl

"Samer S. Issa" <issa.samer@gmail.com> wrote in message
>  ACE VERSION: 5.4.8
>
>    - HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
>      Windows XP Pro.  Unknown version of winsock.
>
>    - TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM,
>       Windows XP Pro.
>    - COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
>         MSVC++ 7.1.
>
>     CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h:
>         $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h has been created and it has the include
> file of conifg-win32.h.
>
>     AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
>         The file "config-all.h" doesn't compile.  The line
>
> #include "ace/config.h"
>
>         Generates the error message:
>
> ../ace/config-all.h(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
> 'ace/config.h': No such file or directory
>
>     DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
>         COMPILATION? yes
>         LINKING? no
>         EXECUTION? yes
>         OTHER (please specify)?
>
>     SYNOPSIS:
>     I have built and installed ACE + TAO and I have used the examples
> and they are working fine.
>    I have created directory of the ACE_ROOT and I'm trying to Build my
> workspace, the idl compile fine but when I compile the all project it
> gives me the error mentioned above that it cant open the
> ace/config-all.h. I have add all the envornmenet variables that
> mentioned in the ACE-INSTALL to my system. I dont know what else I need
> to do? I would really appreicate it if someone can help me out here.
> With all respect, I'm new to this and I need to learn. Thank you all.
>
> Samer S. Issa

0
Johnny

Johnny,
            Thanks for the fast reply. I have done wha tyou suggested,
but still i got the same error. My idl file comiles fine, but when i
build the whole project with the .cpp files and .h files it gives me
this error.

Than

0
Samer