[ace-users] Re: Hi all, It is my first time to use ACE framework #2

Hi,

> hi, thanks for the answer..

        You're quite welcome.  BTW, please send all questions to the
ACE mailing list and not to me directly.  Also, please make sure you
fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

when you ask any questions.

> let me clarify one more thing.

Ok.

> You said
> > That's probably because the marshaling/demarshaling only matters if
> > you send data between two endsystems with DIFFERENT byte orders, e.g.,
> > little endian (Intel) vs. big endian (SPARC).
>
> When i send some data which target the machine has big endian system
> from my machine that is little endian, the byte order should be
> changed, right?

Yes, that's correct.

> but how ace framework know the other machine is big or litthe endian?

ACE is like the Wizard of Oz <http://thewizardofoz.warnerbros.com/> -
it is all knowing and all powerful ;-)

But seriously, check out

$ACE_ROOT/ace/Basic_Types.h

and look for the stuff like this:

// Byte-order (endian-ness) determination.
# if defined (BYTE_ORDER)
#   if (BYTE_ORDER == LITTLE_ENDIAN)
#     define ACE_LITTLE_ENDIAN 0x0123
#     define ACE_BYTE_ORDER ACE_LITTLE_ENDIAN
#   elif (BYTE_ORDER == BIG_ENDIAN)
#     define ACE_BIG_ENDIAN 0x3210
#     define ACE_BYTE_ORDER ACE_BIG_ENDIAN
#   else
#     error: unknown BYTE_ORDER!
#   endif /* BYTE_ORDER */
# elif defined (_BYTE_ORDER)
#   if (_BYTE_ORDER == _LITTLE_ENDIAN)
#     define ACE_LITTLE_ENDIAN 0x0123
#     define ACE_BYTE_ORDER ACE_LITTLE_ENDIAN
#   elif (_BYTE_ORDER == _BIG_ENDIAN)
#     define ACE_BIG_ENDIAN 0x3210
#     define ACE_BYTE_ORDER ACE_BIG_ENDIAN
#   else
#     error: unknown _BYTE_ORDER!
#   endif /* _BYTE_ORDER */

That's how ACE knows the machine byte order.

> the book said that the ace framework has resposibility to marshal or
> demarshal with CDR classes.. right?

Right.

> but I still confused how the ace framework know about target machines'
> byte order..

Please see above.

> thanks for the greate framework.

You're welcome!

Doug

0
Douglas

> > You said
> > > That's probably because the marshaling/demarshaling only matters if
> > > you send data between two endsystems with DIFFERENT byte orders, e.g.,
> > > little endian (Intel) vs. big endian (SPARC).
> >
> > When i send some data which target the machine has big endian system
> > from my machine that is little endian, the byte order should be
> > changed, right?

Not unless you set the byte order on the input stream before you read
data from it.  CDR is a bicanonical, meaning that the "receiver makes
right" the byte order on the received data.  Your sender should first
marshal the byte order into the CDR output stream, and then marshal the
data being sent.  This allows the receiver to know the byte order of the
data to be demarshaled.  The receiver would then read that byte order
first, and then reconfigure the input stream with that byte order.  Once
that is done, byte swapping will occur if the byte order of the data in
the CDR stream is different from the receiver host's byte order.  Here's
an example (return value error checks removed for simplicity):

Sender
======
ACE_OutputCDR out_cdr;

out_cdr << ACE_OutputCDR::from_boolean (ACE_CDR_BYTE_ORDER);

ACE_CDR::Long out_data = 7;
out_cdr << out_data;

.... marshal remaining data ...

Receiver
========
ACE_InputCDR in_cdr;

.... populate input CDR stream with data ...

ACE_CDR::Boolean byte_order;
in_cdr >> ACE_InputCDR::to_boolean (byte_order);

in_cdr.reset_byte_order (byte_order);

ACE_CDR::Long in_data;
in_cdr >> in_data;

.... demarshal remaining data ...

Again, byte swapping will only occur if the byte order of the data in
the input CDR stream is different from the receiving host's byte order.

HTH,
-Ossama

0
Ossama

[ace-users] Re: Hi all, It is my first time to use ACE framework
Hi, To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. >> I'm just wondering what exactly ACE_CDR(Input/Output) classes is >> for.. The book says it is for marshaling/demarshaling, but it is >> not clear to me.. Yes, that's what it's used for. >> When I send int data 0x12345678 after marshaling with CDRInput >> Classes, I noticed that It is not actually different from just >> sending the int data without using CDR classes.. That's probably because the marshaling/demarshaling only matters if you send data between two endsystems with DIFFERENT byte orders, e.g., little endian (Intel) vs. big endian (SPARC). >> What is these classes for? Please see Chapter 4 of C++NPv1 for info <www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE/book1/>. Take care, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science FAX: (615) 343-7440 Va...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] How to use ACE frameworks to implement mutualy dependent services? #2
Hi Boris, >> Of course, some kind of FSM will be used, I hoped that such kind of >> service control already implemented in Service Configuration >> framework or it has callbacks to include such behaviour to it.. It sounds to me like a combination of the GoF State pattern plus the ACE Reactor, ACE Acceptor/Connector, and ACE Service Configurator frameworks would cover most of what you're trying to do, i.e., keep track of the state of services depending on their network progress. Check out Chapters 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 of C++NPv2 for a bunch of examples that illustrate how to do this using ACE. >> BTW, back to logging framework, could you please comment my last >> post about it... I'm pretty swamped today, so I'll get to it when time permits. Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science FAX: (615) 343-7440 Vanderbilt University WEB: www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ Nashville, TN 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] How to Use IPv6 in ACE? #2
Please stop reposting this question. Bala and I have already answered it the past several days. Check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ace-bugs/message/4421 for my answer. Thanks, Doug >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.1 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> SUN Solaris 8 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> SUN Forte6 C++ UP1 >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- >> specific file, simply state which one]: >> config-sunos5.8.h >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU (unless >> this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C++): >> platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU >> >> AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: >> NO >> >> DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: >> COMPILATION? >> NO >> LINKING? >> NO >> EXECUTION? >> NO >> OTHER (please specify)? >> NO >> >> SYNOPSIS: >> I want to know how to use IPv6 in ACE-TAO, and where i can find the documents and examples. >> >> Thanks! >> ...

[ace-users] Re: How to use ACE time service #2
Hi Chinmoy, > I am unable to find out the API to query the synchronized time from > clerk. Can anyone tell me the API I need to call from application > to synchronize the time? Please see the ACE_System_Time class in $ACE_ROOT/ace/System_Time.h take care, Doug ...

[ace-users] Re: How to use ACE time service #2
Hi Chinmoy, > Just one last query regarding the same, To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. > will the pool name associated with shared memory for clerk and the > client need to be same ? Yes, of course - otherwise how could they know which pool to use? > If I specify same poolname for client and clerk , the client is > dumping as it is unable to find the value of the variable in shared > memory since client overwrites the file /tmp/ace-malloc-XXXXXX > Any clue on how to overcome this ? Hum, that sounds odd since the client should open/map the file if it exists, not overwrite it. I'm not sure what's going on here, but it seems like either you're using the service incorrectly or something has gotten broken along the way. I recommend you crank up the debugger and figure out what's going on or contact one of the companies listed in http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html Thanks,...

[ace-users] Re: Why the program core down when use ACE Proactor and ACE+SSL? #2
Hi, The SSL projects are not standard generated, read ACE-INSTALL.html how you can regenerate them. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl <coming99@sina.com> wrote in message news:<1144119819.035990.39740@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>... > Hi Doug, > > Thanks for your reply. I has upgrate to ACE-5.5, And I found > another problem again. > Under $ACE_ROOT/ace/ssl directory, there maybe has missed the > project file of windows VC compiler, such as ACE_SSL.dsp, > ACE_SSL.vcproj, that ACE_5.4 have. > > Thanks. > > coming99@sina.com > 2006-4-4 > ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] How to use ACE frameworks to implement mutualy dependent services?
Hi Boris, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.4 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Win32, Linux, Solaris >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> >> SYNOPSIS: How to use ACE frameworks to implement mutually dependent >> services >> >> DESCRIPTION: >> I've develop a network app. It offers some services. When app >> starts it need to load configuration from DB, init and run >> configured services. Each kind service can be represented as group >> of similar services and app fails if all services from some group >> fails. Each service does its initialization and functioning >> independently of other services. So if it fails it need to notify >> some controler about this condition and let him to make some >> decision. Similary, there are some kind of services that need >> other kind of services to be properly initialized and running >> before they can be started, so there are also neccessary some >> kind of notification. >> >> It is very undesirable to make hard link between related services. >> After exploring ACE frameworks i still cannot realize which classes >> and how can i use to implement my app in adaptive way ;) Of >> cour...

RE: [ace-users] How to use ACE frameworks to implement mutualy dependent services? #2
Hi Doug, > > >> Yeah, I've tried, but haven't found place where I can put service > >> dependencies and control logic.. > > I'm not sure what you mean by this. I need to recognize states of services (for instance, when service make transition to new state it informs its controler about that with notification) and make some control based on this info. Services changes their states depending on their network progress, for instance: closed, opening, open, closing, failed. > > >> BTW, I tried to use ACE_Reactor notification mechanism but seems > >> there is no easy way to pass arguments with notification, > for which > >> purposes this mechanism is intended? > > Please see Chapter 4 of C++NPv2 <www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE/book2/> > for examples of how to pass information to the ACE_Reactor > notification mechanism (hint, you simply subclass from > ACE_Event_Handler and pass stuff in that way). Yeah, I see, but creating ACE_Event_Handler each time when I need to pass pointer looks slightly overheading.. ...

Re: [ace-users] How to use ACE frameworks to implement mutualy dependent services? #2
Hi Boris, >> Yeah, I've tried, but haven't found place where I can put service >> dependencies and control logic.. I'm not sure what you mean by this. >> BTW, I tried to use ACE_Reactor notification mechanism but seems >> there is no easy way to pass arguments with notification, for which >> purposes this mechanism is intended? Please see Chapter 4 of C++NPv2 <www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE/book2/> for examples of how to pass information to the ACE_Reactor notification mechanism (hint, you simply subclass from ACE_Event_Handler and pass stuff in that way). Take care, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science FAX: (615) 343-7440 Vanderbilt University WEB: www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ Nashville, TN 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

RE: [ace-users] How to use ACE frameworks to implement mutualy dependent services? #2
Hi Doug, Thank you in advance for your attention, > > I need to recognize states of services (for instance, when service > > make transition to new state it informs its controler about > that with > > notification) and make some control based on this info. Services > > changes their states depending on their network progress, for > > instance: closed, opening, open, closing, failed. > > Have you considered using the State pattern from the GoF book? Of course, some kind of FSM will be used, I hoped that such kind of service control already implemented in Service Configuration framework or it has callbacks to include such behaviour to it.. > > > Yeah, I see, but creating ACE_Event_Handler each time when > I need to > > pass pointer looks slightly overheading.. > > So why don't you just create a singleton event handler and > pass this in each time? Just make sure not to delete it > inside the upcall dispatched by the reactor. Currently, I use similar approach, just interesting if I missed something.. BTW, back to logging framework, could you please comment my last post about it... Take care, Boris Kaminer ...

RE: [ace-users] How to use ACE frameworks to implement mutualy dependent services? #2
Hi Boris, >> I'm not sure what you mean by this. > > I need to recognize states of services (for instance, when service make > transition to new state it informs its controler about that with > notification) and make some control based on this info. Services changes > their states depending on their network progress, for instance: closed, > opening, open, closing, failed. Have you considered using the State pattern from the GoF book? > Yeah, I see, but creating ACE_Event_Handler each time when I need to > pass pointer looks slightly overheading.. So why don't you just create a singleton event handler and pass this in each time? Just make sure not to delete it inside the upcall dispatched by the reactor. Take care, Doug ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] need sample program for Broadcast using ACE under linux #2
Hi Dinesh, To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. >> I need a sample program for Broadcast message. I created my >> self. its not working in my network, i tried with windows2000. I >> need a sample program works in Linux system, the network is DHCP >> enabled. please do the needful. Check out $ACE_ROOT/tests/SOCK_Dgram_Bcast_Test.cpp $ACE_ROOT/examples/APG/Misc_IPC/UDP_Broadcast.cpp for some examples of using broadcasts. Take care, doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science FAX: (615) 343-7440 Vanderbilt University WEB: www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ Nashville, TN 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] How to Use IPv6 in ACE?
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.1 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> SUN Solaris 8 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> SUN Forte6 C++ UP1 >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- >> specific file, simply state which one]: >> config-sunos5.8.h >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU (unless >> this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C++): >> platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU >> >> AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: >> NO >> >> DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: >> COMPILATION? >> NO >> LINKING? >> NO >> EXECUTION? >> NO >> OTHER (please specify)? >> NO >> >> SYNOPSIS: >> I want to know how to use IPv6 in ACE-TAO, and where i can find the documents and examples. Please see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ace-users/message/38643 for a partial answer to your question. In addition, check out $ACE_ROOT/tests/INET_Addr_Test_IPV6.cpp $ACE_ROOT/tests/Max_Default_Port_Test_IPV6.cpp $ACE_ROOT/te...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] Moving to ACE? #2
Hi Roger, >> Could you please explain these kernel problems on Linux? I think there are two problems: .. There are (were) bugs in the Linux implementation of the aio_*() functions. These manifested themselves by failures of the $ACE_ROOT/tests/Proactor_Test.cpp on Linux. .. The Linux kernel implements the aio_*() functions by spawning a thread for each asynchronous request, which sort of defeats the point of asynchronous I/O! Take care, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science FAX: (615) 343-7440 Vanderbilt University WEB: www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ Nashville, TN 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] How to use the IPV6 in ACE?
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF. >> TAO VERSION: 1.3 >> ACE VERSION: 5.3 You definitely want to upgrade to ACE 5.4.1, which you can obtain from the "usual place" at http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Intel P4/Windows 2000 Server SP4 >> SUN Ultra/ Solaris 8 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> VC7.1 >> SUN Workshop Forte C++ 6 update 1 >> >> AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: >> N/A >> >> DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: >> COMPILATION? >> No >> LINKING? >> No >> EXECUTION? >> No >> >> SYNOPSIS: >> I want to know how to use IPv6 in ACE/TAO and where i can find the docs and examples. Please see ACE_ROOT/tests/INET_Addr_Test_IPV6.cpp ACE_ROOT/tests/Max_Default_Port_Test_IPV6.cpp ACE_ROOT/tests/Multicast_Test_IPV6.cpp ACE_ROOT/tests/Multihomed_INET_Addr_Test_IPV6.cpp ACE_ROOT/tests/Proactor_Test_IPV6.cpp ACE_ROOT/tests/SOCK_Send_Recv_Test_IPV6.cpp for a number of examples. Steve, does APG have any documentation for the IPV6 stuff? Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science F...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] Using ACE with COM
Hi Zvika, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.2 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Windos XP Pro, winsock2 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> MSVC6 SP5 >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- >> specific file, simply state which one]: >> #include "config-win32.h" >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU (unless >> this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C++): >> >> AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: >> [What example failed? What module failed to compile?] >> >> DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: >> COMPILATION? NO >> LINKING? NO >> On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first? >> EXECUTION? YES >> OTHER (please specify)? >> [Please indicate whether ACE, your application, or both are affected.] >> >> SYNOPSIS: >> We are working on a big project that involves ACE. We need to interface the >> part that uses ACE to other Windows based applications >> that need to remain unaware of the underlying implementation. The obvious >> method is to use COM,...

RE: [ace-users] Re: Using ACE that support over 1024 fds #2
Hi Eider, I have a customer running 10000 sockets on a Linux system. They may have to tweak FD_SETSIZE as well, but they're doing it. Whether or not you'd want to do this with ACE_Select_Reactor is really application-dependent. In many cases, you're better off with ACE_Dev_Poll_Reactor. That reactor implementation needs a bit more work before it's ready for universal use, though. If you'd be interested in sponsoring its completion, please contact me. Best regards, -Steve -- Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation Adding Service to Open Source Software ACE book info at http://www.riverace.com/acebooks/ > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Eider Oliveira > Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:21 AM > To: Steve Huston > Cc: Douglas C. Schmidt; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu; > michael.tso@primecreation.com > Subject: Re: [ace-users] Re: Using ACE that support over 1024 fds > > > Ok, you are right in how to raise the limit, but doing this and trying > to use the Select reactor will not work. > > To use fd above 1024, you cannot use se...

RE: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO #2
Hi, > >> In fact, I built ACE + TAO with all the default configuration. > >> Just created one file config.h in ACE_wrappers/ace, which > includes one line= > >> : > >> #include "ace/config-sunos5.10.h", and another file > >> ACE_wrappers/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU, > which includes only > >> one line: > $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU. > >> > >> Then I cd into ACE_wrappers/ace and run "gmake", and then cd into > >> ACE_wrappers/apps/gperf and ACE_wrappers/TAO and run "gmake". > >> There seems no problems during the building except > warnings about some > >> modules missed such as "x11" and "SSL". > >> > >> Yes, there is no CORBA::Environment & in the methods of > those generated stu= > >> b > >> and skelton files from my test IDL files. > >> > >> I mean there are macros such as ACE_ENV_ARG_DECL_WITH_DEFAULTS > >> in the methods of those *.h and *.cpp files in the > downloaded TAO's source > >> package (e.g. the _is_a(...) functions in > >> ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/PortableServer/Servant_Base.h and > >> ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/PortableServer/Servant_Base.cpp). So > I think it's not > >> related to building ACE +TAO. The macros...

Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO #2
Hi, > However, all the codes are stub and skelton files generated from IDL > files. So I am puzzled. It sounds to me like you have do something like the following: .. Build TAO's ORB services using -Ge 2 option at some point, which would leave lots of stubs/skeletons around with the emulated exceptions. .. Then later gone back and rebuilt ACE+TAO using native exceptions and -Ge 1, but not cleaned up the stubs/skeletons generated earlier. That's why I recommend you TOTALLY start over from scratch and see if things work better. If this all seems like too much effort, please go ahead and purchase a precompiled version of ACE+TAO at nominal cost from OCI <http://www.theaceorb.com>. Thanks, Doug ------=_Part_9834_13545624.1143000995070 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline Hi, Thanks! Now I am just studying TAO. I have studied the codes. For example, for the warning: "MyNotifDefs_s.hh", line 160: Warning: POA_MyDefinitions::MyNotifDefs::MyCa= l lback::_is_a Hides the virtual function TAO_ServantBase::_is_a(const char*, CORBA::Environment&) in a virtual base. I read the codes in tao/PortableServer/Servant_Base.h and tao/Abstract_Servant_Base.h, especially the virtual function _is_a (...). I comment the line "CORBA::Environment&" in such virtual functions and then the warnin...

Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO #2
Hi Ji, >> The problem seems to me that the application code is compiled with >> an own set of GNU makefiles, they don't use the rules from the ones >> we ship with ACE. Is this correct? If so, then it's no surprise you're having problems.. >> I would propose that the reporter uses MPC to generate the >> makefiles and build those, all really looks like mismatches in >> compiler settings. Right, that's my intuition, as well. Take care, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu "Douglas C. Schmidt" <schmidt@cse.wustl.edu> writes: >>> The problem seems to me that the application code is compiled with >>> an own set of GNU makefiles, they don't use the rules from the ones >>> we ship with ACE. > > Is this correct? If so, then it's no surprise you're having problems.. > >>> I would propose that the reporter uses MPC to generate the >>> makefiles and build those, all really looks like mismatches in >>> compiler settings. > > Right, that's my intuition, as well. One advantage of the autoconf build is that almost all of...

RE: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C64CE3.591E106C Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, =20 >From the errors below, it looks like: =20 - You have either overridden the base class method _is_a() when it needs no overriding, or you have declared another method with the same name in your implementation class. =20 - You have used throw specs in methods and then have their implementations throw exceptions not in the list. =20 - You have used methods in ACE_Array_Map that don't exist. =20 =20 None of these things is related to exception handling, at least, to the question of whether exception handling is native or emulated. =20 Jeff _____ =20 From: Ji Soo [mailto:mycorba@gmail.com]=20 Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:51 AM To: Jeff Parsons Cc: Douglas C. Schmidt; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO =09 =09 Hi,=20 =20 Now I have download a fresh TAO's source package and built it. I compiled an idl file with tao_idl. =20 The command line is : tao_idl -Sc -Sp -Ge 2 -hc _c.hh -hs _s.hh -cs _c.cc -ss _s.cc -ci _c.i -si _s.i -Wb,pre_include=3Dace/pre.h -Wb,post_include=3Dace/post.h -I. MyTest.idl. =20 And then I compile the generated stub and skelton codes with my implementation codes. The command line is: ...

[ace-users] Re: How to use ACE time service
Hi Chinmoy, >> I am trying to use the ACE time service, my server's configuration looks >> like >> dynamic Time_Service Service_Object * ../lib/netsvcs:_make_ACE_TS_Server >> _Acceptor() "-p 20222" >> >> my clerk configuration file looks like >> dynamic Time_Server_test Service_Object * >> netsvcs:_make_ACE_TS_Clerk_Processor () "-h 10.232.11.102:20222 -t 4" >> >> I run the timeserver and clerk in two different liunx machines(running >> Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)) >> >> The local time of the machine running the clerk does not get updated at >> all. >> >> Can anyone throw some light on what am I missing? The ACE time service doesn't change the local time of the machine (which would require root access). It does, however, provide an API to query the clerk to find out the synchronized local time. Take care, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science FAX: (615) 343-7440 Vanderbilt University WEB: www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ Nashville, TN 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

RE: [ace-users] Using ACE with COM #2
Hi Jim, Thanks for tracking this down, do you have seen a way that we can solve this in ACE in a nicer way, give an assert, log an error, or maybe something else so that you don't need to add ace/OS.h, that is include which includes a lot you don't want. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > Hi Zvika, > > Your post concerned me since we are mixing ACE and COM also. > I was able to reproduce your crash and call stack with MSVC > 7.1. It looks like it walks off the end of memory when > initializing the fd_set because not enough memory was > allocated for the reactor. > > You need to have "ace/OS.h" included in your stdafx.h before > anything else in order for the proper sizes to be defined. > > -Jim > > -----Original Message----- > From: Zvika Ashani [mailto:zvika@aspectusvi.com] > Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 1:14 AM > To: 'Robert Iakobashvili'; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: RE: [ace-users] Using ACE with COM > > > > 1. I am calling ACE::Init() before doing anything else. > 2. I have used ACE for building several non-COM > servers and clients and everything works perfectly. > 3. I am trying to take a non-COM client and wrap > it inside a COM object. At first everything seemed to be > working OK. But ...

RE: [ace-users] Using ACE with COM #2
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C48471.BBFA2400 Content-Type: text/plain Hi Zvika, Your post concerned me since we are mixing ACE and COM also. I was able to reproduce your crash and call stack with MSVC 7.1. It looks like it walks off the end of memory when initializing the fd_set because not enough memory was allocated for the reactor. You need to have "ace/OS.h" included in your stdafx.h before anything else in order for the proper sizes to be defined. -Jim -----Original Message----- From: Zvika Ashani [mailto:zvika@aspectusvi.com] Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 1:14 AM To: 'Robert Iakobashvili'; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: RE: [ace-users] Using ACE with COM 1. I am calling ACE::Init() before doing anything else. 2. I have used ACE for building several non-COM servers and clients and everything works perfectly. 3. I am trying to take a non-COM client and wrap it inside a COM object. At first everything seemed to be working OK. But then I noticed that some of the data I was receiving at the client was corrupted. Since for all of our applications we use the ACE_TP_Reactor and have no problems, I thought I'd try and use this here too. This is when the problems started as demonstrated by the example I sent. Zvika _____ From: Robert Iakobashvili [...

Web resources about - [ace-users] Re: Hi all, It is my first time to use ACE framework #2 - comp.soft-sys.ace

Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 User Reviews
Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 reviews written by Phone Arena users. You can read the opinion of each user and how they rate the phone in 11 categories. ...

Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 official: iPhone-alike size for the new user
Samsung has revealed another in its Galaxy series, the Galaxy Ace 3, now targeting entry-level smartphone users who want a pocket-friendly 4-inch ...