[ace-users] Re: How can I use ACE(Latest Beta Kit) for AIX version 5.3/5.2 and VisualAge C++ 7.0/6.0 for AIX on machine IBM P690? \

Hi Oliana,

Thanks very much for your email.  Please make sure to send all
questions related to TAO or ACE to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO
newsgroup, rather than to me directly since I travel frequently and
often don't have ready access to email.  See

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html

for more info on how to access these resources.

> I want to use ACE.tar.bz2(Latest Beta Kit) on AIX version 5.3,Now
> I'm writing application program base on ACE.tar.bz2 (Latest Beta
> Kit) and testing ACE.tar.bz2(Latest Beta Kit) on AIX version 5.2 for
> IBM P690 and using VisualAge C++ 6.0 and VisualAge C++ 7.0,It?s very
> strange ,the ACE.tar.bz2 was compiled successful,But the application
> program can?t be compiled success,There are a lot of problems.It has
> reported a lot of mistakes of STL head file in VisualAge ,and then
> It told me there are something wrong in VisualAge C++ 6.0/7.0's head
> file.I don't know why,Then ,I written testing code ,only have tested
> VisualAge C++ 6.0 and VisualAge C++ 7.0 for AIX version 5.2's head
> file already,the compiler was compiling and running up to snuff,no
> mistake in head file.And you know ,When I put the same application
> program and ACE.tar.bz2(Latest Beta Kit) in Redhatlinux for PC and
> Turbo linux for IBM eServe BladeCenter, there are no mistakes,and
> It?s normally compiling and running so fast.So,I don?t know why,what
> happening for my machine or my program.Please help me!

Please note that the DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine,
and Vanderbilt University do not have access to AIX.  Thus, if you
need more "predictable" help, I recommend that you check out

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.

Thanks very much,

        Doug

0