[ace-users] [tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.2 release announcement

Hi,

Thanks to the substantial efforts by many developers, testers, and
users, we are pleased to announce the new x.5.2 ACE+TAO+CIAO beta.  The
latest beta has been tagged ACE-5.5.2, TAO-1.5.2, and CIAO-0.5.2.  As
usual, it is available at:

http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html

The doxygen documentation for the beta is available. We do have some
missing files in that package which we resolve as soon as possible.

We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your
applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems.  Please use
the:

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler /options you're
using to report problems.  We also request that you take a look at

$TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes

for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU,
UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward.  Overviews of our
recent progress and upcoming plans are available at

$ACE_ROOT/NEWS
$TAO_ROOT/NEWS
$CIAO_ROOT/NEWS

The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our
daily builds is 95.82 for the ACE tests and 93.47 for the TAO tests.
Please see

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/

for a summary of these tests.  As always, we appreciate your help in
resolving the remaining problems.  Please see

ACE_ROOT/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

for an overview of our bug fixing policies.

The following is a list of key changes since the last release.  Please
refer to the corresponding ChangeLog files or Bugzilla entries for more
details on the problem and the nature of fixes applied.

==============
Changes to ACE
==============

.. Added support for:
   - VxWorks 6.2 for the rtp model using pthread support
   - OpenVMS 8.2 for Alpha

.. Removed code and configurations that provided support for:
   - Visual C++ 6.0 and 7.0
   - Chorus
   - pSOS
   - KAI C++ on all platforms

.. Explicit template instantiation support has been removed. This effectively
  removes support for Sun Forte 6 and 7 which required explicit template
  instantiation to build ACE reliably.

.. Added support for multiple independent Service Repositories through
  configuration contexts called "Gestalt". Full backwards compatibility
  is maintained through the existing ACE_Service_Config static methods,
  while direct individual repository access is enabled through instances
  of the new ACE_Service_Gestalt class. ACE_Service_Config has changed to
  a specialization of ACE_Service_Gestalt and is only responsible for the
  process-wide configuration.

.. To support dynamically-sized ACE_Log_Record messages, the netsvcs
  logging components now use ACE CDR encoding and transfer mechanisms
  inspired by the examples in Chapter 4 of the C++NPv1 book.
  The client and server logging daemons in ACE 5.5.2 and forward will
  not interoperate with those in previous ACE versions.

.. Added a wrapper for the sendfile API (ACE_OS::sendfile()).

.. Added support for netlink sockets on Linux.

.. Added a new method, ACE_Task::last_thread(). This method returns the
thread
  ID (ACE_thread_t) of the last thread to exit from the ACE_Task object.
  Users checking to see if a thread is the last one out (for example, to
know
  when to perform cleanup operations) should compare the current thread ID
  the return value from last_thread(). This is a change from the previously
  recommended practice (C++NPv2, page 189) of comparing the return value of
  thr_count() with 0.

.. Changed the first argument to ACE_OS::strptime() to be 'const' which
  matches its usual usage in POSIX strptime(). This change allows users to
  pass const strings in - a common use case.

.. Made part of the file support in ACE 64bit but we have some places where
  32bit types are used, this could lead to some conversion warnings which
  will be addressed in the near future, but getting everything 64bit
  compliant is a lot of work.

==============
Changes to TAO
==============

.. To be able to support CORBA/e the pidl files within the core libs are
  now compiled during the building of the core libs. This means that gperf
  and TAO_IDL must be build before you can build the core libs!

.. Changed NT_Naming_Service project to require new MPC feature variable
  "winnt".  Avoids building and installing this on non-Windows systems.
  Fixes bugzilla bug #2412.

.. Changed NT_Notify_Service project to require new MPC feature variable
  "winnt".  Avoids building and installing this on non-Windows systems.
  Fixes bugzilla bug #2411.

.. Changed Telecom Log Service plug-in Strategy Interface.

  Added get_record_attribute(), set_record_attribute(), and
  set_records_attribute(); removed remove(), retrieve(), and update().
  This will allow plug-in Strategies to handle these high-level
  operations more efficiently.

  Added get_gauge() and reset_gauge(), to maintain "gauge" used for
  capacity threshold alarms when log channel's LogFullActionType is
  DsLogAdmin::wrap.  This resolves bugzilla 2420.

.. Allow different ORB instances to use a different sets of Service
  Objects in their own Service Repository instances. This resolves
  bugzilla #2486.

.. Integrate new sequence implementation made by Carlos O'Ryan. This
  also includes a rework of the TAO_String_Managers and CORBA::(W)String
  implementations.

.. Store Value Factories per orb instead of per process and made the
  storage thread safe.

.. Add on demand write functionality that writes out GIOP fragments to
  reduce the memory usage

.. The TIE files (_S.*) are not generated by default anymore by the
  IDL compiler. If you need these for your project, add -GT to the
  idl compiler flags.

.. Added optional support for implicitly typed values. When the Valuetype
  library is compiled with TAO_HAS_OPTIMIZED_VALUETYPE_MARSHALING defined
  TAO will skip the marshaling of the value's type when it is allowed to
  do so. It is allowed by the spec to do so when the value's actual type
  matches the formal type for the parameter through which the value is
  passed. As older versions of TAO did not correctly unmarshal implicitly
  typed values, the default behavior is for TAO to always marshal the
  type id for values.

.. Added support for CORBA specified truncatable valuetypes.

.. Added support for CORBA specified POAManagerFactory.

.. Added TAO-proprietary EndpointPolicy. This is used as a filter to limit
  which of an ORBs endpoints are inserted into an object reference. The
  endpoint policy is applied to POAManagers created via the
POAManagerFactory
  and affect all POAs associated with that POAManager.

.. Added a client-side connection optimization, the Parallel Connect Strategy
  This strategy makes the client evaluate all endpoints in profile at the
same
  time when trying to connect to the server. For this to work the server
must
  be run with -ORBUseSharedProfile 1 and the client must be run with
  -ORBUseParallelConnect 1.

.. Fixed several bugs related to asynchronous connection establishment. These
  are represented by the AMI_Buffering tests and bug 2417's regression test.

.. Refactored PICurrent, removing PICurrent_Copy_Callback classes, subsuming
  this functionality inside PICurrent_Impl where it can be controlled
  correctly. The copying of PICurrent objects still performs lazy/deferred
  copying where possible, only taking a real physical copy when
modifications
  are attempted. Interest in PICurrent objects where lazy copies have been
  taken can now be correctly reversed when the lazy copy is destroyed fixing
  a range of call-back bugs that were performed on already destroyed
objects.
  (For detail see bugzilla 2552.)

.. Updated/Enhanced TAO/utils/nslist utilities nslist,nsadd and nsdel.
  These tools now allow for full ID.Kind processing (the separating
character
  is user controlled, defaulting to .) and sub-context path processing (the
  separating character is also user controlled, defaulting to /).
  nsadd allows for (re)binding naming contexts in addition to final objects
  nsdel allows for destroying naming contexts when unbinding.
  nslist output has been prittyfide with user controlled character drawing
  of the naming context tree or sub-tree of full or limited depth.
  For full usage details execute these utilities with a ? parameter.

.. Add the ability to use the sendfile API to send out data
  on the transport

=========================
Changes to CIAO and DAnCE
=========================

.. Changed CIDL compiler code generation for facet servant classes
  to enable reuse if the same interface is used as a facet more
  than once in a single translation unit.

.. Fixed code that fetches component DLL entry points to be portable
  across all supported compilers.

.. Fixed bugs in the recent implementation of component servant methods
  get_all_receptacles() and get_all_publishers().

.. Simplified template code in component servant and home servant
  base classes.

.. Added the naming service & the implementation of createPackage function
  to RepoMan.

.. Added the code to save the state of the RepoMan at exit and load the
  state of it at start.

.. A new perl library has been added to the bin directory. PerlCIAO is
  a wrapper around PerlACE with extensions to aid in scripting CIAO
  tests.

.. DAnCE/Planner - a planner which contacts the RepositoryManager, gets a
  PackageConfiguration by name, and builds a DeploymentPlan on
  the fly. Note that the node information is currently not populated.

.. Added two RACE utilities, the LocationUpdater and PlanGenerator.
  The LocationUpdater modifies the location field of artifacts in
  flattened plans to correspond to HTTP URLs pointing at the
  RepositoryManager.  The PlanGenerator is the Planner utility
  modified to work with RACE. Note that most RACE functionality is
  still in development and is not included with this release.

.. Added support for parsing packaging descriptors to the
  Config_Handlers, and improved support for IDL->XML serialization.

.. Added a Planner utility which, when given the name of a package,
  will contact the RepositoryManager and construct a flattened
  deployment plan on the fly.  Note this utility currently does not
  populate node assignments.

.. Several important bugfixes for ReDaC and shared components.

.. Changed Components.idl to include CCM_Component.idl instead of
  CCM_Container.idl. This removes a dependancy on the container
  library for stub projects.

==================
Bugzilla Bug Fixes
==================

.. 30 ACE bugs fixed:
309, 693, 851, 1286, 1848, 1861, 1967, 2007, 2022, 2041, 2160, 2178,
2179, 2207, 2317, 2339, 2383, 2472, 2495, 2514, 2516, 2534, 2541, 2550,
2553, 2554, 2555, 2556, 2558, 2570

.. 71 TAO bugs fixed:
133, 135, 902, 1254, 1459, 1468, 1673, 1696, 1785, 1919, 1928, 1930,
1931, 1933, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1942, 1980, 1981, 1989, 2000, 2162,
2273, 2299, 2300, 2315, 2345, 2349, 2352, 2353, 2355, 2382, 2408, 2411,
2412, 2420, 2433, 2467, 2483, 2484, 2485, 2492, 2493, 2494, 2500,
2501, 2505, 2508, 2512, 2520, 2521, 2524, 2525, 2528, 2542, 2547, 2548,
2551, 2552, 2557, 2559, 2575, 2576, 2577

.. 0 CIAO bugs fixed: (many CIAO bugs have been fixed - they just weren't
in the bugzilla database)

0
Johnny

[tao-users] [ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.2 release announcement
[...]

[ciao-users] [ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.2 release announcement
[...]

[ace-users] [ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.2 release announcement
[...]

[ciao-users] [tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.2 release announcement
[...]

[tao-users] [ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.2 release announcement
[...]

RE: [tao-users] Re: [ace-users] Re: Announcing the release of the new beta (ACE-5.4.10, TAO-1.4.10 and CIAO-0.4.10)
Hi, > > >> We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your > > >> applications, and let us know soon if you encounter any problems > > >> since we plan to cut the x.5 release by February 28th. > > > > As per Wallace's comments, we have an aggressive schedule > for the x.5 > > release to meet the needs of some major sponsors. If > people can give > > x.4.10 a "test drive" in the next couple of days and report problems > > they encounter we'll try to ensure that we fix any > showstoppers before > > According to bugzilla bug 2323 is not fixed yet. > > http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2323 > > For us it is a show stopper. We use the OCI version which does not > have problems related to this bug but it would be nice to be able to > use the latest version with more fixes. FYI, the reason that this test now fails is because Ossama added several new test cases which wheren't in the test in the past, this uncovered some bugs which according to our information where already there a long time. Johnny "Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen@remedy.nl> writes: > > > >> We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your > > > >> applications, and let us know soon if you encounter any problems > > > >> sinc...

[ace-users] [tao-users] ACE+TAO x.5.2 RPM for Fedora Core
Greetings, I've uploaded Fedora Core source and binary RPM for ACE+TAO x.5.2 to: http://dist.bonsai.com/ken/ace_tao_rpm/ NOTE - I've enabled ACE_HAS_IPV6 and ACE_USES_IPV4_IPV6_MIGRATION in these builds; please let me know if this causes problems. Please let me know if there are problems/issues. Ken -- Ken Sedgwick Bonsai Software, Inc. (510) 610-4162 ken+5a4@bonsai.com Public Key: http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ken.asc GPG Fingerprint: 851E 3B07 E586 0843 9434 5CC7 4033 3B9B 3F3F 9640 ...

[tao-users] [ace-users] ACE+TAO x.5.2 RPM for Fedora Core
Greetings, I've uploaded Fedora Core source and binary RPM for ACE+TAO x.5.2 to: http://dist.bonsai.com/ken/ace_tao_rpm/ NOTE - I've enabled ACE_HAS_IPV6 and ACE_USES_IPV4_IPV6_MIGRATION in these builds; please let me know if this causes problems. Please let me know if there are problems/issues. Ken -- Ken Sedgwick Bonsai Software, Inc. (510) 610-4162 ken+5a4@bonsai.com Public Key: http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ken.asc GPG Fingerprint: 851E 3B07 E586 0843 9434 5CC7 4033 3B9B 3F3F 9640 ...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.5 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.2.5, TAO 2.2.5, CIAO 1.2.5, and DAnCE 1.2.5, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage...

[tao-users] RE: [tao-announce] ACE+TAO+CIAO-x.4.2 released
> . Initial support for new Linux sys_epoll() interface in > Dev_Poll_Reactor. The obsolete Linux /dev/epoll interface is no > longer supported. For full (hopefully final) support (patch for ACE 5.4.2) see: http://www.eko.net.pl/~jarek/ace/dev_poll_reactor/20040801/Dev_Poll_Reactor.cpp.diff Please let me know about any problems. Regards, Jarek Jaroslaw Nozderko GSM +48 601131870 / Kapsch (22) 6075013 jaroslaw.nozderko@polkomtel.com.pl IT/CCBS/RS - Analyst Programmer Hi, On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 01:44, Jaros�aw Nozderko wrote: > > . Initial supp...

[ace-users] ACE / TAO / CIAO x.5.5 Released
Hi all, Thanks to the substantial efforts by many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. This beta has been tagged ACE+TAO+CIAO-5_5_5. It is available from the same download location as per the previous release. http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. Included with this beta, besides the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, we also provide source only packages for the group of users which use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler /options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 92% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a summary of these tests. As always, we appreciate your ...

[...]

Re: [tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released #2 #2
Hi Alex, > What are OCI's plan's for a supported TAO 1.4 release and developer > guide? Will this effect the release of the 1.3 guide? This is an excellent question - I'm sure Malcolm Spence will pitch in when he has a chance and I suspect that OCI will be supporting TAO 1.4 in due time. None of the changes in TAO 1.4 should affect the relevance of the info in the TAO 1.3 developer's guide - there's just more new stuff to document as time permits. Take care, Doug ...

[tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.5 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.2.5, TAO 2.2.5, CIAO 1.2.5, and DAnCE 1.2.5, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage...

[tao-users] ACE / TAO / CIAO x.5.5 Released
[...]

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.3 released
Hi, Thanks to the substantial efforts by many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the new x.5.3 ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. The latest beta has been tagged ACE+TAO+CIAO-5_5_3. It is available from the *new* download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ The doxygen documentation for the beta is available. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 94% for the TAO tests. Please see http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a summary of these tests. As always, we appreciate your help in resolving the remaining problems. Please see ACE_ROOT/docs/ACE-bug-process.html for an overview of our bug fixing policies. The following is a list of key changes since the last release. Please refer to the correspo...

[ace-users] ACE / TAO / CIAO x.5.4 Released
Hi all, Thanks to the substantial efforts by many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. This beta has been tagged ACE+TAO+CIAO-5_5_4. It is available from the same download location as per the previous release. http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. Included with this beta, besides the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, we also provide source only packages for the group of users which use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler /options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 92% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a summary of these tests. As always, we appreciat...

[tao-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi Folks, The new x.4 release represents a LOT of work by a lot of dedicated people, both in and out of the DOC group. We appreciate all your help. As usual, please let us know if you run into problems. Thanks, Doug ...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.2 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.0.2, TAO 2.0.2, CIAO 1.0.2 and DAnCE 1.0.2, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO and CIAO tests. Please see: http://www.dre.va...

Re: [ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.3 released
Hi, The lib files where never on the download page and we had problems generating them with the new release script we used. The ACE-5.5.3 now contains everything in ACE. We have a -src package that only contains the sources, no generated makefiles. We wanted to release that also for TAO/CIAO but had some issues in the script. For future releases we don't schedule to provide the -lib package, only the packages which have makefiles and the -src packages. Johnny > Thanks to the substantial efforts by many developers, testers, and > users, we are pleased to announce the new x.5.3 ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. The > latest beta has been tagged ACE+TAO+CIAO-5_5_3. It is available from the > *new* download location at: > > http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ Where are ACE-5.5.3-lib.* files? Will be ACE 5.5.* distributed as ACE-*-lib.tar.bz2 archive (only ACE_wrappers directory inside) in future? ---------- ...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.4 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.2.4, TAO 2.2.4, CIAO 1.2.4, and DAnCE 1.2.4, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 97% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE tests. Please see: http://...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.1 released!
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the bug fix only release of ACE 6.2.1, TAO 2.2.1, CIAO 1.2.1, and DAnCE 1.2.1, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest BFO Micro Release". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 97% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE tests. Please see: ...

Web resources about - [ace-users] [tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.2 release announcement - comp.soft-sys.ace

Public service announcement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A public service announcement ( PSA ) or public service ad, are messages in the public interest disseminated by the media without charge, with ...

Two big announcements.
... This year marks 37signals' 15th year in business. And today is Basecamp's 10th birthday. We have a lot to celebrate, and two exciting announcements ...

4Q EARNINGS CALL: Zuckerberg Discusses ‘Separate Mobile Apps’ Just Prior To Paper Announcement
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg wasn’t joking about “building separate mobile applications beyond the main Facebook app” during the ...

Facebook's latest news, announcements and media resources - Facebook's latest news, announcements and ...
Facebook Newsroom - Facebook's latest news, announcements and media resources

FastMail Weblog - Blog for FastMail announcements, news and comments
Blog for FastMail announcements, news and comments

Instant Analysis: Digesting the Implications of Today’s Platform Roadmap Announcements
We’re here at Facebook headquarters, where Ethan Beard, Director of Platform Marketing, just delivered Facebook’s first-ever “platform roadmap” ...

#OnlyOnTwitter: Announcements and surprises
We have a couple of moments to share with you this week of things that happened #OnlyOnTwitter. Two of our stories this week are about announcements. ...

Today's Cisco announcement (2 of 2): Cisco Demonstrates Commitment to Global Internet of Things Ecosystem ...
Full release at: http://www.slideshare.net/iotwf/cisco-internet-of-things-press-release-october-29-announcement-27685075 Cisco Demonstrates Commitment ...

WWDC 2012 : What companies are the potential biggest winners and losers from the announcements made at ...
Rakesh Agrawal's answer: Winners Apple - Well, duh. They showed the advantages of owning the whole stack vs. offering software to run on other ...

announcement « Blog – Stack Exchange
The simple answer is, it takes as long as it takes . We’ll wait. If a site needs more activity, go out and evangelize it . As long as your site ...