[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO - 5.4.6 + 1.4.6 + 0.4.6 released

Hi,

We are pleased to announce a new beta of ACE-5.4.6, TAO-1.4.6 and
CIAO-0.4.6.  Since the x.4.5 beta had so many changes and improvements,
we wanted to get this new beta out quickly to fix several important bugs
reported by our users, which we greatly appreciate, as always.

As usual the latest release is available at:

http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html

The doxygen documentation for the beta will be updated in the next few
hours.

We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your
applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems.  As always,
please use the:

     $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
     $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
     $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the version/platform/compiler/options you're using to
report problems.  We also request that you take a look at

$TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes
$CIAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes

for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU,
UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward.  Overviews of our
recent progress and upcoming plans are available at

$ACE_ROOT/NEWS
$TAO_ROOT/NEWS
$CIAO_ROOT/NEWS

The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our
daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 94% for the TAO tests.  Please
see

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/

for a summary of these tests.  Our goal is to get these tests close to
100% for the next major release (i.e., ACE 6.0, TAO 2.0, and CIAO
1.0),which is slated for some time later this summer or early fall.

The following is a list of key changes since the last beta.  Please
refer to the ChangeLog for more details on the problem and the nature of
fixes applied.

Changes to ACE
==============

.. Updated RMCast to include
    - Reactor-compatible interface.
    - Message unavailability reporting.
    - Protocol documentation.

.. Added support for 64bit Visual Age on AIX

.. Improved g++ 4.0 support.  A number of RTTI related problems have been
   fixed.

.. Smaller footprint.

.. Fixed memory leaks ACE_DLL and ACE_Log_Msg classes.

.. The ACE::ICMP_Socket and ACE::Ping_Socket classes were moved out of
   the ACE namespace and "flattened" to ACE_ICMP_Socket and
   ACE_Ping_Socket to be consistent with the rest of ACE.

.. ACE_INET_Addr::set_address() - fixed a possible struct member
   alignment issue when building an IPv4-mapped IPv6 address.

.. Added a new ACE::wild_match() function to match a string based on
   wildcards.

.. Added efficient overloads for string concatenation to the
   ACE_String_Base class.

.. Added support for the use of pthread_getschedparam on MacOS X.

.. Fixed an issue with static initialization of TSS related classes on
   static builds for Windows.

Changes to TAO
==============

.. The RTOldEvent library has been removed. The RTEvent library has been
   split in a stub/skel and serv library.

.. Support for bi-directional communication over SSLIOP.

.. Servants are now always reference counted, in accordance with changes
   to the CORBA specification.

.. Added a -x option to catior that works like -f except that it reads
   the IOR from standard input rather than from a file. This makes catior
   much more like the unix "cat" command, and enables it to be used in a
   pipeline.

.. Changed the precedence rules for the -ORBListenEndpoints (aka
   -ORBEndpoint) so that the host identifier (either hostname or IP
   address) that appears in IIOP profiles is determined thus:

     1. value from hostname_in_ior (if specified);
     2. setting of -ORBDottedDecimalAddresses option;
     3. value for hostname in -ORBListenEndpoints specification;
     4. whatever TAO magically comes up with based on system
        configuration

   A new test (TAO/tests/IOR_Endpoint_Hostnames) verifies the
   operation of this feature.

.. Changed the way that Bidirectional endpoint processing happens when
   -ORBDottedDecimalAddresses 1 is in effect. The previous behavior
   always used the setting of the receiver, but that caused problems when
   the sender and receiver were not using the same dotted decimal
   addresses setting.  Bidirectional endpoint processing now uses
   whatever the sender provides as the hostname since that's also what
   will be in that sender's IORs.

.. Added a configuration property -ORBIMREndpointsInIOR [0|1] that
   controls whether ImR endpoints are written into persistent IORs. See
   $(TAO_ROOT)/docs/Options.html and bugzilla #2123 for usage.

.. Increment the refcount on the servant in the id_to_servant and
   reference_to_servant methods of the POA.

.. Improved g++ 4.0 support.  A number of RTTI related problems have been
   fixed, in addition to removal of duplicate internal ORB related
   singleton instances.

.. Fixed assertion that occurred in some thru-POA collocated calls.

.. Fixed CORBA::UnknownUserException Any insertion problem.

.. Fixed TypeCode equivalence failure when comparing aliased and
   unaliased TypeCodes of the same type.

Changes to CIAO & DAnCE
=======================

.. Added support for handle component activation/passivation in D&C
   assemblies.

.. Added a test for the tool that converts IDL3 into equivalent IDL2.

.. Fixed CIDL compiler bug in code generation for sequence type
   attributes of components.

.. Added more examples for CIAO, including a new Quoter example that is
   similar to the one in TAO, as well as GUI-based example.

.. Added support for handle component activation/passivation in D&C
   assemblies.

.. Added support for deactivating facets/event consumers when component
   is getting deactivated.

.. Added support for destroying the component executors, when the
   component is getting deactivated.

Known Issues
============

.. LoadBalancing on Windows - the LoadManager is not using the correct
   default reactor type on Windows. It tries to use the ACE_TP_Reactor,
   which does not implement signal handling.  It should use the
   ACE_WFMO_Reactor.

Bugzilla Bug Fixes
==================

  423,  550, 1637, 1803, 1921, 1952, 2047, 2061, 2100, 2107, 2110, 2118,
  2119, 2122, 2123, 2124, 2125, 2126, 2127, 2129, 2135, 2140

--
Simon McQueen                                    sm@prismtech.com
OpenFusion Enterprise CORBA Team                www.prismtech.com

0
Simon

I've just dowloaded this version
I've started to compile ACE with
- MSVC 7.1
- Win XP
And get the following link errors:

Message_Block.obj : error LNK2005: "public: virtual void __thiscall
ACE_Deadline_Message_Strategy::convert_priority(class ACE_Time_Value
&,class ACE_Message_Block const &)"
(?convert_priority@ACE_Deadline_Message_Strategy@@UAEXAAVACE_Time_Value@@ABVACE_Message_Block@@@Z)
already defined in CDR_Size.obj
Message_Block.obj : error LNK2005: "public: virtual void __thiscall
ACE_Laxity_Message_Strategy::convert_priority(class ACE_Time_Value
&,class ACE_Message_Block const &)"
(?convert_priority@ACE_Laxity_Message_Strategy@@UAEXAAVACE_Time_Value@@ABVACE_Message_Block@@@Z)
already defined in CDR_Size.obj
SString.obj : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall
ACE_NS_WString::ACE_NS_WString(unsigned short const *,unsigned int,class
ACE_Allocator *)" (??0ACE_NS_WString@@QAE@PBGIPAVACE_Allocator@@@Z)
already defined in CDR_Size.obj
Message_Block.obj : warning LNK4006: "public: virtual void __thiscall
ACE_Deadline_Message_Strategy::convert_priority(class ACE_Time_Value
&,class ACE_Message_Block const &)"
(?convert_priority@ACE_Deadline_Message_Strategy@@UAEXAAVACE_Time_Value@@ABVACE_Message_Block@@@Z)
already defined in CDR_Size.obj ; second definition ignored
Message_Block.obj : warning LNK4006: "public: virtual void __thiscall
ACE_Laxity_Message_Strategy::convert_priority(class ACE_Time_Value
&,class ACE_Message_Block const &)"
(?convert_priority@ACE_Laxity_Message_Strategy@@UAEXAAVACE_Time_Value@@ABVACE_Message_Block@@@Z)
already defined in CDR_Size.obj ; second definition ignored
SString.obj : warning LNK4006: "public: __thiscall
ACE_NS_WString::ACE_NS_WString(unsigned short const *,unsigned int,class
ACE_Allocator *)" (??0ACE_NS_WString@@QAE@PBGIPAVACE_Allocator@@@Z)
already defined in CDR_Size.obj ; second definition ignored
   Cr�ation de la biblioth�que ..\lib\ACE.lib et de l'objet ..\lib\ACE.exp
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "private:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_1(unsigned char const *)"
(?write_1@ACE_OutputCDR@@AAEEPBE@Z) referenced in fonction "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_octet(unsigned char)"
(?write_octet@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEE@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "private:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_2(unsigned short const *)"
(?write_2@ACE_OutputCDR@@AAEEPBG@Z) referenced in function "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_short(short)"
(?write_short@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEF@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "private:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_4(unsigned int const *)"
(?write_4@ACE_OutputCDR@@AAEEPBI@Z) referenced in function "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_long(int)"
(?write_long@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEH@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "private:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_8(unsigned __int64 const
*)" (?write_8@ACE_OutputCDR@@AAEEPB_K@Z) referenced in function "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_longlong(__int64 const &)"
(?write_longlong@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEAB_J@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "private:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_16(struct
ACE_CDR::LongDouble const *)"
(?write_16@ACE_OutputCDR@@AAEEPBULongDouble@ACE_CDR@@@Z) referenced in
function "public: unsigned char __thiscall
ACE_OutputCDR::write_longdouble(struct ACE_CDR::LongDouble const &)"
(?write_longdouble@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEABULongDouble@ACE_CDR@@@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_string(unsigned int,char
const *)" (?write_string@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEIPBD@Z) referenced in
function "public: unsigned char __thiscall
ACE_OutputCDR::write_string(char const *)"
(?write_string@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEPBD@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_wstring(unsigned
int,unsigned short const *)" (?write_wstring@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEIPBG@Z)
referenced in function "public: unsigned char __thiscall
ACE_OutputCDR::write_wstring(unsigned short const *)"
(?write_wstring@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEPBG@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "private:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_array(void const
*,unsigned int,unsigned int,unsigned int)"
(?write_array@ACE_OutputCDR@@AAEEPBXIII@Z) referenced in function
"public: unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_char_array(char
const *,unsigned int)" (?write_char_array@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEPBDI@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "private:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_wchar_array_i(unsigned
short const *,unsigned int)"
(?write_wchar_array_i@ACE_OutputCDR@@AAEEPBGI@Z) referenced in function
"public: unsigned char __thiscall
ACE_OutputCDR::write_wchar_array(unsigned short const *,unsigned int)"
(?write_wchar_array@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEPBGI@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "private:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_InputCDR::read_1(unsigned char *)"
(?read_1@ACE_InputCDR@@AAEEPAE@Z) referenced in function "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_InputCDR::read_octet(unsigned char &)"
(?read_octet@ACE_InputCDR@@QAEEAAE@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "private:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_InputCDR::read_2(unsigned short *)"
(?read_2@ACE_InputCDR@@AAEEPAG@Z) referenced in function "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_InputCDR::read_short(short &)"
(?read_short@ACE_InputCDR@@QAEEAAF@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "private:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_InputCDR::read_4(unsigned int *)"
(?read_4@ACE_InputCDR@@AAEEPAI@Z) referenced in function "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_InputCDR::read_long(int &)"
(?read_long@ACE_InputCDR@@QAEEAAH@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "private:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_InputCDR::read_8(unsigned __int64 *)"
(?read_8@ACE_InputCDR@@AAEEPA_K@Z) referenced in function "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_InputCDR::read_longlong(__int64 &)"
(?read_longlong@ACE_InputCDR@@QAEEAA_J@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "private:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_InputCDR::read_16(struct
ACE_CDR::LongDouble *)"
(?read_16@ACE_InputCDR@@AAEEPAULongDouble@ACE_CDR@@@Z) referenced in
function "public: unsigned char __thiscall
ACE_InputCDR::read_longdouble(struct ACE_CDR::LongDouble &)"
(?read_longdouble@ACE_InputCDR@@QAEEAAULongDouble@ACE_CDR@@@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "private:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_InputCDR::read_array(void *,unsigned
int,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?read_array@ACE_InputCDR@@AAEEPAXIII@Z)
referenced in function "public: unsigned char __thiscall
ACE_InputCDR::read_char_array(char *,unsigned int)"
(?read_char_array@ACE_InputCDR@@QAEEPADI@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "private:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_InputCDR::read_wchar_array_i(unsigned short
*,unsigned int)" (?read_wchar_array_i@ACE_InputCDR@@AAEEPAGI@Z)
referenced in function "public: unsigned char __thiscall
ACE_InputCDR::read_wchar_array(unsigned short *,unsigned int)"
(?read_wchar_array@ACE_InputCDR@@QAEEPAGI@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::write_wchar(unsigned short)"
(?write_wchar@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEG@Z) referenced in function "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::append_wchar(class ACE_InputCDR
&)" (?append_wchar@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEAAVACE_InputCDR@@@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_InputCDR::read_wchar(unsigned short &)"
(?read_wchar@ACE_InputCDR@@QAEEAAG@Z) referenced in function "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::append_wchar(class ACE_InputCDR
&)" (?append_wchar@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEAAVACE_InputCDR@@@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_InputCDR::read_string(char * &)"
(?read_string@ACE_InputCDR@@QAEEAAPAD@Z) referenced in function "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::append_string(class ACE_InputCDR
&)" (?append_string@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEAAVACE_InputCDR@@@Z)
CDR_Size.obj : error LNK2019: non resolved external symbol "public:
unsigned char __thiscall ACE_InputCDR::read_wstring(unsigned short * &)"
(?read_wstring@ACE_InputCDR@@QAEEAAPAG@Z) referenced in function
"public: unsigned char __thiscall ACE_OutputCDR::append_wstring(class
ACE_InputCDR &)" (?append_wstring@ACE_OutputCDR@@QAEEAAVACE_InputCDR@@@Z)

Simon McQueen wrote:

> [...]
>
> . Added support for handle component activation/passivation in D&C
>   assemblies.
>
> . Added support for deactivating facets/event consumers when component
>   is getting deactivated.
>
> . Added support for destroying the component executors, when the
>   component is getting deactivated.
>
> Known Issues
> ============
>
> . LoadBalancing on Windows - the LoadManager is not using the correct
>   default reactor type on Windows. It tries to use the ACE_TP_Reactor,
>   which does not implement signal handling.  It should use the
>   ACE_WFMO_Reactor.
>
> Bugzilla Bug Fixes
> ==================
>
>  423,  550, 1637, 1803, 1921, 1952, 2047, 2061, 2100, 2107, 2110, 2118,
>  2119, 2122, 2123, 2124, 2125, 2126, 2127, 2129, 2135, 2140

Domingos

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 available for download
Hi all, Thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 release. The x.6.4 release is available from the usual download location at http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. ...

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 available for download
Hi all, Thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 release. The x.6.4 release is available from the usual download location at http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. ...

[ciao-users] Much better component deployment speed on ACE+TAO+CIAO 6.2.4
Hi All, Just as a matter of interest, I recently updated ACE+TAO+CIAO from 6.1.9 to 6.2.4 and noticed a HUGE improvement in the speed of component deployment using DAnCE. Deploying 6 components used to take about 10sec in 6.1.9 but it has dropped to less than 1 sec in 6.2.4. How was this improvement obtained? Regards, Hartmut ...

[tao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 available for download
Hi all, Thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 release. The x.6.4 release is available from the usual download location at http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. ...

[tao-users] Much better component deployment speed on ACE+TAO+CIAO 6.2.4
Hi All, Just as a matter of interest, I recently updated ACE+TAO+CIAO from 6.1.9 to 6.2.4 and noticed a HUGE improvement in the speed of component deployment using DAnCE. Deploying 6 components used to take about 10sec in 6.1.9 but it has dropped to less than 1 sec in 6.2.4. How was this improvement obtained? Regards, Hartmut ...

Problem compiling ACE 6.2.0 on GCC 4.4.7 (Redhat 4.4.7-2)
in trace.hpp class Formatter : public Formattable { <snip> private: const Formattable::FieldMap &getFieldMap() const; static ACE_Mutex mFieldMapMutex; static FieldMap *mFieldMap; }; in trace.cpp ACE_Mutex TraceInfo::Formatter::mFieldMapMutex; Formattable::FieldMap *TraceInfo::Formatter::mFieldMap =3D NULL; const Formattable::FieldMap &TraceInfo::Formatter::getFieldMap() const { ACE_Guard< ACE_Mutex > guard( mFieldMapMutex ); //line 115 if( mFieldMap =3D=3D NULL ) { mFieldMap =3D new FieldMap; mFieldMap-...

[ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.0.6, TAO 2.0.6, CIAO 1.0.6, and DAnCE 1.0.6, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encoura...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.0.6, TAO 2.0.6, CIAO 1.0.6, and DAnCE 1.0.6, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encoura...

[ace-announce] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 available for download
Hi all, Thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 release. The x.6.4 release is available from the usual download location at http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. ...

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.6 available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.6 release. The x.6.6 release is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own ...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.6 available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.6 release. The x.6.6 release is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own ...

Re: [ace-users] Building ACE+TAO x.6.4 with MFC using VS 9.0
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF form > TAO VERSION: 1.6.4 > ACE VERSION: 5.6.4 >=20 > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: WinXP SP2 (Home Ed) >=20 > COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): MS VC++ 9.0(.21022.8), > .NET Framework 3.5, 2008 SDK >=20 > DESCRIPTION: >=20 > I'm trying to run ACE_Init_Test, which only does something useful if > ACE_HAS_MFC is defined. The TAO FAQ suggests I should #define it (as > a non-zero integer, I assume) in config.h, which I've done, but the > compiler produces the following error: >...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi Folks, Thanks again to everyone from the DOC group and the ACE+TAO+CIAO user communities who helped get the x.3.6 beta out the door. As Bala mentioned, it's really important to get your feedback before we release the ACE+TAO+CIAO x.4 release since that will become the baseline for the next round of commercially supported products. I know it's a busy time of year for lots of people, but we'd really appreciate your help testing this beta to ensure that the forthcoming official x.4 release will work well on as many platforms as possible! Thanks very much, Doug ...

Re: [ace-users] Building ACE+TAO x.6.4 with MFC using VS 9.0 #2
Hi Folks, The following posting is courtesy of Simon Massey. Thanks, Doug > Subject: RE: Building ACE+TAO x.6.4 with MFC using VS 9.0 > Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 04:09:01 -0400 > From: "Simon Massey" <Simon.Massey@prismtech.com> > To: "Johnny.Willemsen" <jwillemsen@remedy.nl>, > <> > Cc: <ace-users@cs.wustl.edu> > > As far as I know, if you define an microsoft MFC project, i.e. an application that IS an MFC application, that MWC/MPC project should include ace_mfc as a base project, eith...

[tao-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi Folks, The new x.4 release represents a LOT of work by a lot of dedicated people, both in and out of the DOC group. We appreciate all your help. As usual, please let us know if you run into problems. Thanks, Doug ...

[tao-announce] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 available for download
Hi all, Thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 release. The x.6.4 release is available from the usual download location at http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. ...

[tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.0.6, TAO 2.0.6, CIAO 1.0.6, and DAnCE 1.0.6, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encoura...

[tao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.6 available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.6 release. The x.6.6 release is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own ...

[ciao-users] CoSMIC-0.4.6 released
Hi Folks, We are pleased to announce the release of CoSMIC version 0.4.6. Please download CoSMIC from: http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/CoSMIC/ Major improvements over CoSMIC-0.4.5, the previous release include: o A new "attribute mapping" feature which allows values for attributes to specified at the assembly level and allows propagation of the values to individual components in the assembly. o MPC interpreter now generates MPC files which are in-sync with the MPC config modules in $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config o Improved constr...

TRSDOS II, version 4.2.0, 4.2.2, 4.2.4, 4.2.6 (or 4.3.x or 4.4)
Hi, Group I require a copy of the above DOS, but I need it _on disk_ as I do not have an emulator for the Model II that must be tested. Is there any possible sources of the OS on disk, or can you advise if the original 8" drive can be hooked to another device so that I can transfer an electronic copy to the disk to boot the machine? What other options do I have? Thanks L replying to my own post :-) I found an article here (http://www.tim-mann.org/trs80resources.html) where Tim describes a trick to rescue a disk's contents. This should be a workable solution...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO x.6.4 RPM for Fedora
Greetings, I've uploaded Fedora source and binary RPM for ACE+TAO x.6.4 to: http://dist.bonsai.com/ken/ace_tao_rpm/ The source RPM are believed to build on RHEL systems as well. Please let me know if there are problems/issues. Apologies for the delay ... Ken -- Ken Sedgwick Bonsai Software, Inc. http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ (510) 610-4162 ken+5a4@bonsai.com Public Key: http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ken.asc GPG Fingerprint: 851E 3B07 E586 0843 9434 5CC7 4033 3B9B 3F3F 9640 ...

[ace-bugs] ACE+TAO+CIAO (x.4.1) released
Hi, Thanks to substantial efforts by many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce a bug-fix-only (BFO) release for ACE+TAO+CIAO (x.4). As discussed at http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-development-process.html a BFO beta only contains fixes for the x.4 distributed released in mid-January. The goal of a BFO release is to provide a more stable base for ACE+TAO+CIAO users and to allow commercial support vendors to stabilize the release for their product offerings. The latest BFO release has been tagged ACE-5.4.1, TAO-1.4.1 and CIAO-0.4.1. As usual, i...

[ace-users] ACE 6.0.1 and TAO 2.0.1 RPMs available
Hi all, ACE 6.0.1 and TAO 2.0.1 RPMs are now available at OpenSuSE build service. OBS provides currently RPMs for: - CentOS 5 - Fedora 12/13/14 - Mandriva 2009.1/2010/2010.1 - RHEL 4/5/6 - SLES 9/11/11SP1 - OpenSuSE 11.1/11.2/11.3/Factory Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Check our scoreboard at http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl/ ...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.4 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.2.4, TAO 2.2.4, CIAO 1.2.4, and DAnCE 1.2.4, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage...

[ace-announce] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.0.6, TAO 2.0.6, CIAO 1.0.6, and DAnCE 1.0.6, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encoura...

Web resources about - [ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO - 5.4.6 + 1.4.6 + 0.4.6 released - comp.soft-sys.ace