[ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released

Hi all,

Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and
users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.0.6, TAO
2.0.6, CIAO 1.0.6, and DAnCE 1.0.6, which is available from the usual
download location at:

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/

under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit."

The doxygen documentation for this release is also available.  In
addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles,
this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to
generate their own makefiles.

We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your
applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the:

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're
using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at:

$TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/

for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of
Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward.  Overviews of our recent
progress and upcoming plans are available at:

$ACE_ROOT/NEWS
$TAO_ROOT/NEWS
$CIAO_ROOT/NEWS
$DANCE_ROOT/NEWS

The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our
daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO, and
DAnCE tests.

Please see:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/

for a summary of these tests.  As always, we appreciate your help in
resolving any remaining problems. Please see:

ACE_ROOT/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

for an overview of our bug fixing policies.  Moreover, please see:

for information commercial support services available from various
companies.

The following is a list of key changes since the last major release.
Please refer to the corresponding ChangeLog files, NEWS files, or
Bugzilla entries for more details on the problem and the nature of fixes
applied.

==============
Changes to ACE
==============

.. Removed autoconf support, only traditional way of compilation is
   shipped from now

.. Add support for RHEL 6.1 64bit

==============
Changes to TAO
==============

.. Added new define TAO_DEFAULT_COLLOCATION_STRATEGY (default = thru_poa)
   which is used as -ORBCollocationStrategy isn't specified.

.. Added new -ORBCollocationStrategy best. TAO tries to perform the best
   possible collocation, first direct if possible, then through_poa if
   possible else no collocation.

.. Enhanced the RW -ORBWaitStrategy and the EXCLUSIVE
   -ORBTransportMuxStrategy to also work with AMI requests.

.. mt_noupcall has been improved and generically speaking the handling
   of client leader threads in LF has been improved and fixed of
   potential deadlock situations

.. The TAO skeletons got refactored to reduced footprint, a footprint
   saving for the skeletons between 10 and 60% has been achieved. For
   the full distribution including CIAO, DAnCE, OpenDDS, and DDS4CCM
   using RTI DDS this resulted in a reduction of 650,000 lines of code.
   Also the S.inl files are not generated anymore

===============
Changes to CIAO
===============

.. It is now possible to connect connections in a deployment plan
   at deployment time instead of connecting them on first use.
   This can be established by setting the CIAO_PRE_ESTABLISH_CONNECTIONS
   define in your config.h.

.. The DDS4CCM connector now only creates a DDS subscriber or
   DDS publisher when they are needed. Previously, the DDS4CCM
   always created a DDS publisher and DDS subscriber, regardless
   of need.

.. Besides late binding, it is now possible to reset the topic
   name in the DDS4CCM connector. This means that the DDS4CCM
   connector is able to switch between topics of the same data
   type at runtime. Resetting a topic name means that DDS will
   be closed down and started again, using the new topic name.
   On the outside, all connections to and from the connector
   stay intact; therefor the user doesn't need to re-establish
   the connections again. Please see
   $CIAO_ROOT/connectors/dds4ccm/tests/ResetTopic/README for
   more info. This directory also contains some examples on how
   to reset a topic name.
   Since this is not spec-compliant behavior, an issue has been be
   raised on the DDS4CCM specification.

.. Improved thread safety in the CIAO core.

.. Direct collocation between components is now supported. In order to
   enable this add ccm_direct_collocation=1 to your default.features. We
   do recommend to use the new -ORBCollocationStrategy best which does
   not require all user components to be compiled with direct
   collocation enabled. Enabling direct collocation does increase the
   size of the generated code

.. All facet servants are now generated in the new _svnt_T.{h,cpp}
   files. This is a first step in more refactoring in the CIAO servants.
   Together with the TAO skeleton refactoring the skeleton for the
   Null_Component example decreased from 40206 bytes to 24971 bytes, the
   generated servant from 56959 bytes to 54933 bytes. The skeleton for
   the related Null_Interface reduced from 9559 bytes to 4526 bytes.

.. Added support for DDS4CCM using RTI DDS 4.5e on RHEL 6.1

================
Changes to DAnCE
================

.. None

=====================
Bugzilla Issues Fixed
=====================

0 MPC bugzilla issue fixed:

2 ACE bugzilla issues fixed:
1405 Race condition in ACE_Connector
3051 High_Res_Timer_Test fails within virtual machine

10 TAO bugzilla issues fixed:
2241 Crash when specifiying direct collocation with no direct
      collocation
2460 Eliminate hand-crafting of code generated from .pidl files
2667 TAO/tests/Nested_Upcall_Crash failing for a long time now
      (Windows, mainly)
3000 Handle leak upon oneway invocation with RW wait startegy
3019 Make methods in TAO_ServantBase optional
3531 client leader threads can't give up leadership via
      set_upcall_thread
3698 Valgrind reports use of uninitialized value
3768 Multi-threaded CORBA application can be deadlocked inside TAO
3774 Disable upcalls on a per-thread basis
3991 major footprint reduction possible in generate skeletons

3 CIAO bugzilla issues fixed:
1716 Direct collocation and components do not mix
2530 Doubt about the need for dynamic servant activation
3987 cif common leaks exeption

0 DAnCE bugzilla issues fixed:
0
Johnny

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
[...]

[tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
[...]

[ciao-announce] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
[...]

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.1 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the Bug Fix Only (BFO) minor release of ACE 6.0.1, TAO 2.0.1, CIAO 1.0.1 and DAnCE 1.0.1, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefile...

[ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.1 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the Bug Fix Only (BFO) minor release of ACE 6.0.1, TAO 2.0.1, CIAO 1.0.1 and DAnCE 1.0.1, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefile...

[ace-announce] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
[...]

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.2 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.0.2, TAO 2.0.2, CIAO 1.0.2 and DAnCE 1.0.2, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage ...

[ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.2 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.0.2, TAO 2.0.2, CIAO 1.0.2 and DAnCE 1.0.2, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage ...

[ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.6 release available!
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.2.6, TAO 2.2.6, CIAO 1.2.6, and DAnCE 1.2.6, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.6 release available!
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.2.6, TAO 2.2.6, CIAO 1.2.6, and DAnCE 1.2.6, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.1.0 minor release available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the minor release of ACE 6.1.0, TAO 2.1.0, CIAO 1.1.0, and DAnCE 1.1.0, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Release" and "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 97% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE te...

[ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.1.0 minor release available for download
[...]

[ace-users] [ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.2 release announcement
Hi, Thanks to the substantial efforts by many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the new x.5.2 ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. The latest beta has been tagged ACE-5.5.2, TAO-1.5.2, and CIAO-0.5.2. As usual, it is available at: http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta is available. We do have some missing files in that package which we resolve as soon as possible. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPO...

[ciao-users] [ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.2 release announcement
Hi, Thanks to the substantial efforts by many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the new x.5.2 ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. The latest beta has been tagged ACE-5.5.2, TAO-1.5.2, and CIAO-0.5.2. As usual, it is available at: http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta is available. We do have some missing files in that package which we resolve as soon as possible. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPO...

[ciao-users] New ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.0 minor release available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the minor release of ACE 6.2.0, TAO 2.2.0, CIAO 1.2.0, and DAnCE 1.2.0, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Release". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 97% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE tests. Please see: http://www....

[ace-users] New ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.0 minor release available for download
[...]

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi Folks, Thanks again to everyone from the DOC group and the ACE+TAO+CIAO user communities who helped get the x.3.6 beta out the door. As Bala mentioned, it's really important to get your feedback before we release the ACE+TAO+CIAO x.4 release since that will become the baseline for the next round of commercially supported products. I know it's a busy time of year for lots of people, but we'd really appreciate your help testing this beta to ensure that the forthcoming official x.4 release will work well on as many platforms as possible! Thanks very much, Doug ...

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi, We are pleased to announce a new beta of ACE-5.4.6, TAO-1.4.6 and CIAO-0.4.6. Since the x.4.5 beta had so many changes and improvements, we wanted to get this new beta out quickly to fix several important bugs reported by our users, which we greatly appreciate, as always. As usual the latest release is available at: http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta will be updated in the next few hours. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. As always, please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes $CIAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 94% for the TAO tests. Please see http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a summary of these tests. Our goal is to get these tests close to 100% for the next major release (i.e., ACE 6.0, TAO 2.0, and C...

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi all, We are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. This beta has been tagged ACE+TAO+CIAO-5_5_6. The main difference between this release and x.5.5 is that the ACE exception macros (except for ACE_THROW_RETURN and ACE_THROW_SPEC) have been removed from all TAO and CIAO code. It is available from the same download location as per the previous release. http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. Included with this beta, besides the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, we also provide source only pac...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi all, We are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. This beta has been tagged ACE+TAO+CIAO-5_5_6. The main difference between this release and x.5.5 is that the ACE exception macros (except for ACE_THROW_RETURN and ACE_THROW_SPEC) have been removed from all TAO and CIAO code. It is available from the same download location as per the previous release. http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. Included with this beta, besides the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, we also provide source only pac...

RE: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi, Please use the prf form and which configuration you build. I personally think you have an old version of ACE/TAO on the system that is used. Regards, Johnny > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Domingos Monteiro > Sent: donderdag 9 juni 2005 18:05 > To: Simon McQueen > Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: Re: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO - 5.4.6 + 1.4.6 + 0.4.6 released > > Hi, > > I've just dowloaded this version > I've started to compile...

[tao-announce] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
[...]

[tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.1 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the Bug Fix Only (BFO) minor release of ACE 6.0.1, TAO 2.0.1, CIAO 1.0.1 and DAnCE 1.0.1, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefile...

[tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.2 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.0.2, TAO 2.0.2, CIAO 1.0.2 and DAnCE 1.0.2, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage ...

Web resources about - [ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released - comp.soft-sys.ace