[ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.4 released

Hi all,

Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and
users, we are pleased to announce the micro release
of ACE 6.2.4, TAO 2.2.4, CIAO 1.2.4, and DAnCE 1.2.4, which is available
from the usual download location at:

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/

under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit".

The doxygen documentation for this release is also available.  In
addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles,
this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to
generate their own makefiles.

We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your
applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the:

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're
using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at:

$TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/

for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of
Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward.  Overviews of our recent
progress and upcoming plans are available at:

$ACE_ROOT/NEWS
$TAO_ROOT/NEWS
$CIAO_ROOT/NEWS
$DANCE_ROOT/NEWS

The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our
daily builds is 97% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO,
and DAnCE tests.

Please see:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/

for a summary of these tests.  As always, we appreciate your help in
resolving any remaining problems. Please see:

ACE_ROOT/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

for an overview of our bug fixing policies.  Moreover, please see:

for information commercial support services available from various
companies.

The following is a list of key changes since the last major release.
Please refer to the corresponding ChangeLog files, NEWS files, or
Bugzilla entries for more details on the problem and the nature of fixes
applied.

==============
Changes to ACE
==============

.. Added support for FC20 and ended support for FC19

.. Extended C++11 feature test suite

.. Improved support for MingW64

.. Improvements to IPv6 support on Windows

==============
Changes to TAO
==============

.. Added a new Client Strategy Factory option, -ORBDefaultSyncScope which
   takes the label "None", "Transport", "Server", or "Target" to define
   the sync scope to be used when a Messaging SyncScopePolicy is not in
   use.

.. Improved recursive typecode handling

.. Ended maintenance and support for Solaris 10 with Sun
   Studio

===============
Changes to CIAO
===============

.. Made support for bounded strings as part of a deployment
   plan compliant with the OMG specification

.. CentOS 6.3 and RHEL 6.4 are now supported and maintained
   platforms for CIAO including DDS4CCM with RTI DDS integration

================
Changes to DAnCE
================

.. Fixed handling of bounded strings as part of the cdp.
   For bounded strings now a boundedString element with
   the bound of the string must be specified in the cdp.
   This bound has to match the bound in IDL.

=====================
Bugzilla Issues Fixed
=====================

1 MPC bugzilla issue fixed:
4147 Typo in MPC/templates for vc11

0 ACE bugzilla issues fixed:

3 TAO bugzilla issues fixed:
4141 Requests add unneeded CDR Pad
4142 Memory Leak in TAO Notification Service/CORBA::Any
4149 SYNC_WITH_SERVER ack sent too soon

0 CIAO bugzilla issues fixed:

0 DAnCE bugzilla issues fixed:
0
Johnny

[ace-users] [ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.2 release announcement
Hi, Thanks to the substantial efforts by many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the new x.5.2 ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. The latest beta has been tagged ACE-5.5.2, TAO-1.5.2, and CIAO-0.5.2. As usual, it is available at: http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta is available. We do have some missing files in that package which we resolve as soon as possible. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler /options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 95.82 for the ACE tests and 93.47 for the TAO tests. Please see http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a summary of these tests. As always, we appreciate your help in resolving the remaining problems. Please see ACE_ROOT/docs/ACE-bug-process.html for an overview of our bug fixing policies. ...

[tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.4 released
[...]

[tao-users] [ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.2 release announcement
[...]

[ace-users] [tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.2 release announcement
[...]

[tao-users] [ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.2 release announcement
[...]

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.1.2 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro and bug fix only release of ACE 6.1.2, TAO 2.1.2, CIAO 1.1.2, and DAnCE 1.1.2, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest BFO Micro Release". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 97% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE tests. Please...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.5 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.2.5, TAO 2.2.5, CIAO 1.2.5, and DAnCE 1.2.5, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.2 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.0.2, TAO 2.0.2, CIAO 1.0.2 and DAnCE 1.0.2, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO and CIAO tests. Please see: http://www.dre.va...

[ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.1.2 released
[...]

[ciao-announce] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.4 released
[...]

[ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.2 released
[...]

[ace-users] New ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.0 minor release available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the minor release of ACE 6.2.0, TAO 2.2.0, CIAO 1.2.0, and DAnCE 1.2.0, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Release". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 97% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE tests. Please see: http://www....

[ciao-users] New ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.0 minor release available for download
[...]

[tao-users] RE: [tao-announce] ACE+TAO+CIAO-x.4.2 released
> . Initial support for new Linux sys_epoll() interface in > Dev_Poll_Reactor. The obsolete Linux /dev/epoll interface is no > longer supported. For full (hopefully final) support (patch for ACE 5.4.2) see: http://www.eko.net.pl/~jarek/ace/dev_poll_reactor/20040801/Dev_Poll_Reactor.cpp.diff Please let me know about any problems. Regards, Jarek Jaroslaw Nozderko GSM +48 601131870 / Kapsch (22) 6075013 jaroslaw.nozderko@polkomtel.com.pl IT/CCBS/RS - Analyst Programmer Hi, On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 01:44, Jaros´┐Żaw Nozderko wrote: > > . Initial support for new Linux sys_epoll() interface in > > Dev_Poll_Reactor. The obsolete Linux /dev/epoll interface is no > > longer supported. > > For full (hopefully final) support (patch for ACE 5.4.2) see: > > http://www.eko.net.pl/~jarek/ace/dev_poll_reactor/20040801/Dev_Poll_Reactor.cpp.diff > > Please let me know about any problems. Jarek's patch is also available in our CVS HEAD branch. Thanks Jarek! -Ossama ...

[tao-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi Folks, The new x.4 release represents a LOT of work by a lot of dedicated people, both in and out of the DOC group. We appreciate all your help. As usual, please let us know if you run into problems. Thanks, Doug ...

[tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.1 released!
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the bug fix only release of ACE 6.2.1, TAO 2.2.1, CIAO 1.2.1, and DAnCE 1.2.1, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest BFO Micro Release". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 97% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE tests. Please see: ...

[tao-announce] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.4 released
[...]

[tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.6 release available!
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.2.6, TAO 2.2.6, CIAO 1.2.6, and DAnCE 1.2.6, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage...

[ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.1 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the Bug Fix Only (BFO) minor release of ACE 6.0.1, TAO 2.0.1, CIAO 1.0.1 and DAnCE 1.0.1, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 94% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.1 released
[...]

[ace-announce] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.5 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.2.5, TAO 2.2.5, CIAO 1.2.5, and DAnCE 1.2.5, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.1.8 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro and bug fix only release of ACE 6.1.8, TAO 2.1.8, CIAO 1.1.8, and DAnCE 1.1.8, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 97% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE tests. Pleas...

[ciao-announce] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.6 release available!
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.2.6, TAO 2.2.6, CIAO 1.2.6, and DAnCE 1.2.6, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage...

[ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.7 available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.2.7, TAO 2.2.7, CIAO 1.2.7, and DAnCE 1.2.7, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage...

Web resources about - [ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.4 released - comp.soft-sys.ace