[ciao-users] Deployment error in CIAO 0.4.9

    CIAO VERSION: 0.4.9
    TAO VERSION : 1.4.9
    ACE VERSION : 5.4.9

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Linux beethoven 2.6.11-kanotix-7 #1 Mon Jul 4 09:50:39 BRT 2005 i686
GNU/Linux

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform-
    specific file, simply state which one]: config-linux.h

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you
    use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one
    (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual
    C++)]: platform_linux.GNU

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: my own application

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION? No
        LINKING? No
        EXECUTION? No
        OTHER (please specify)? Deployment
[Please indicate whether ACE/TAO/CIAO, your application, or both are
affected.]

    SYNOPSIS: my deployment occurs fine in CIAO 0.4.8 but presents an
error in CIAO 0.4.9.

following error:

CIAO (32106|3073791680) Container_Base.cpp
-Session_Container::ciao_install_home -ERROR in opening the executor DLL
[ARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec]
(32106|3073791680) EXCEPTION, Container_Impl::install

user exception, ID 'IDL:Deployment/UnknownImplId:1.0'
(32106|3073791680) EXCEPTION, CIAO_NodeApplication::install error

user exception, ID 'IDL:Deployment/UnknownImplId:1.0'
(32100|3073631936) EXCEPTION, DomainApplicationManager_Impl::startLaunch

user exception, ID 'IDL:Deployment/StartError:1.0'
EXCEPTION: StartError exception caught:
Session_Container::ciao_install_home, Failed to open executor DLL:
ARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec
(32104|3052955328) Plan_Launcher: Unknown exception.
ERROR:
</usr/local/ACE_wrappers/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE/Plan_Launcher/plan_launcher>
failed: Arquivo ou diret�rio n�o encontrado

This assembly deploy fine in CIAO 0.4.8. The <location> tags match the
corresponding entry points.

Are there changes in deployment descriptors or executor implementation
from 0.4.8 to 0.4.9 ??

TIA,
Sandro

0
Sandro

Hi Sandro,

> CIAO (32106|3073791680) Container_Base.cpp
> -Session_Container::ciao_install_home -ERROR in opening the executor DLL
> [ARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec]
> (32106|3073791680) EXCEPTION, Container_Impl::install
>
> user exception, ID 'IDL:Deployment/UnknownImplId:1.0'
> (32106|3073791680) EXCEPTION, CIAO_NodeApplication::install error
>
> user exception, ID 'IDL:Deployment/UnknownImplId:1.0'
> (32100|3073631936) EXCEPTION, DomainApplicationManager_Impl::startLaunch
>
> user exception, ID 'IDL:Deployment/StartError:1.0'
> EXCEPTION: StartError exception caught:
> Session_Container::ciao_install_home, Failed to open executor DLL:
> ARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec
> (32104|3052955328) Plan_Launcher: Unknown exception.
> ERROR:
> </usr/local/ACE_wrappers/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE/Plan_Launcher/plan_launcher>
> failed: Arquivo ou diret�rio n�o encontrado

Most probably, you are having some linker errors. You must be having
some unresolved references, when your linker ran.

"ldd -r" should give you a better picture.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
	Jai

0
Jaiganesh
2/9/2006 8:46:50 PM
Hi Sandro,

This is because some changes we've recently made to the CIDL compiler,
thus its generated servant code. In particular, the entry points exposed
by extern "C" have the IDL module name included. Could you please check
it and fix your XML descriptor and try again?

thanks,
Gan

Sandro Santos Andrade wrote:
>     CIAO VERSION: 0.4.9
>     TAO VERSION : 1.4.9
>     ACE VERSION : 5.4.9
>
>     HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
>     Linux beethoven 2.6.11-kanotix-7 #1 Mon Jul 4 09:50:39 BRT 2005 i686
> GNU/Linux
>
>     THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform-
>     specific file, simply state which one]: config-linux.h
>
>     THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you
>     use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one
>     (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual
>     C++)]: platform_linux.GNU
>
>     AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: my own application
>
>     DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
>         COMPILATION? No
>         LINKING? No
>         EXECUTION? No
>         OTHER (please specify)? Deployment
> [Please indicate whether ACE/TAO/CIAO, your application, or both are
> affected.]
>
>     SYNOPSIS: my deployment occurs fine in CIAO 0.4.8 but presents an
> error in CIAO 0.4.9.

> following error:
>
> CIAO (32106|3073791680) Container_Base.cpp
> -Session_Container::ciao_install_home -ERROR in opening the executor DLL
> [ARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec]
> (32106|3073791680) EXCEPTION, Container_Impl::install
>
> user exception, ID 'IDL:Deployment/UnknownImplId:1.0'
> (32106|3073791680) EXCEPTION, CIAO_NodeApplication::install error
>
> user exception, ID 'IDL:Deployment/UnknownImplId:1.0'
> (32100|3073631936) EXCEPTION, DomainApplicationManager_Impl::startLaunch
>
> user exception, ID 'IDL:Deployment/StartError:1.0'
> EXCEPTION: StartError exception caught:
> Session_Container::ciao_install_home, Failed to open executor DLL:
> ARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec
> (32104|3052955328) Plan_Launcher: Unknown exception.
> ERROR:
> </usr/local/ACE_wrappers/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE/Plan_Launcher/plan_launcher>
> failed: Arquivo ou diret�rio n�o encontrado
>
> This assembly deploy fine in CIAO 0.4.8. The <location> tags match the
> corresponding entry points.
>
> Are there changes in deployment descriptors or executor implementation
> from 0.4.8 to 0.4.9 ??
>
> TIA,
> Sandro

0
Gan

[ciao-users] Announcing the release of the new beta (ACE-5.4.9, TAO-1.4.9 and CIAO-0.4.9)
Hi, We are pleased to announce a new beta of ACE-5.4.9, TAO-1.4.9, and CIAO-0.4.9. The documentation for this beta kit will be available shortly. We are still working very hard on the x.5 release, which is scheduled to be released by the beginning of March if all goes well. We wanted to get this new beta out to fix several important bugs reported by our users, which we greatly appreciate, as always. We've also added a number of improvements to the various components in ACE, TAO and CIAO. As usual the latest release is available at: http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 95.68% for the ACE tests and 88.6% for the TAO tests. Please see http://www.dre.v...

Re: [ciao-users] Deployment error in CIAO 0.4.9
Hi Jai and Gan, Gan, the XML descriptor contains the right entry point in the <location> tag. Jai, indeed, running 'ldd -r' I get many undefined symbols, for example: .... undefined symbol: _ZTIN5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicitE (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZN5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicit5_is_aEPKc (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZNK5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicit24_interface_repository_idEv (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZN5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicit7marshalER13TAO_OutputCDR (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZN5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicitD1Ev (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZN5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicitD0Ev (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZTv0_n12_N5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicitD1Ev (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZTv0_n12_N5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicitD0Ev (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZTv0_n16_N5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicit5_is_aEPKc (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZTv0_n20_NK5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicit24_interface_repository_idEv (./libARCOSDAI...

Re: [ciao-users] Deployment error in CIAO 0.4.9 #2
Hi Jai and Gan, Gan, the XML descriptor contains the right entry point in the <location> tag. Jai, indeed, running 'ldd -r' I get many undefined symbols, for example: .... undefined symbol: _ZTIN5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicitE (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZN5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicit5_is_aEPKc (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZNK5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicit24_interface_repository_idEv (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZN5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicit7marshalER13TAO_OutputCDR (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZN5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicitD1Ev (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZN5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicitD0Ev (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZTv0_n12_N5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicitD1Ev (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZTv0_n12_N5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicitD0Ev (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZTv0_n16_N5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicit5_is_aEPKc (./libARCOSDAISServer_DnC_exec.so) undefined symbol: _ZTv0_n20_NK5ARCOS15DataAcquisition31CCM_ARCOSDAISServerHomeImplicit24_interface_repository_idEv (./libARCOSDAISS...

[ace-users] Announcing the release of the new beta (ACE-5.4.9, TAO-1.4.9 and CIAO-0.4.9)
[...]

[ciao-users] Deployment error in CIAO 0.5.4 ...
------=_Part_78991_4291641.1164311410838 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline CIAO VERSION: 0.5.4 TAO VERSION : 1.5.4 ACE VERSION : 5.5.4 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Linux lamport 2.6.11-kanotix-7 #1 Mon Jul 4 09:50:39 BRT 2005 i686 GNU/Linux COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Using built-in specs. Target: i486-linux-gnu Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,java,f95,objc,ada,treelang --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --program-suffix=- 4.0 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-java-awt=gtk-default --enable-gtk-cairo --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-4.0-1.4.2.0/jre --enable-mpfr --disable-werror --with-tune=i686 --enable-checking=release i486-linux-gnu Thread model: posix gcc version 4.0.4 20060507 (prerelease) (Debian 4.0.3-3) THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: config-linux.h THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C++)]: no_hidden_visibility=1 include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_linux...

[tao-users] Announcing the release of the new beta (ACE-5.4.9, TAO-1.4.9 and CIAO-0.4.9)
[...]

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi, We are pleased to announce a new beta of ACE-5.4.5, TAO-1.4.5 and CIAO-0.4.5. This beta contains a number of time/space optimizations, including POA/Skeleton refactoring and TypeCode reimplementation. It also fixes a number of important bugs reported by our users, which we greatly appreciate, as always. As usual the latest release is available at: http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta will be updated in the next few hours! We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. As always, please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes $CIAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall succeeded test results gathered from all our daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 93% for the TAO tests. Please see http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a summary of these tests. Our goal is to get these tests close to 100% for the next major release (i.e., ACE 6.0,...

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi, We are pleased to announce a new beta of ACE-5.4.6, TAO-1.4.6 and CIAO-0.4.6. Since the x.4.5 beta had so many changes and improvements, we wanted to get this new beta out quickly to fix several important bugs reported by our users, which we greatly appreciate, as always. As usual the latest release is available at: http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta will be updated in the next few hours. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. As always, please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes $CIAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 94% for the TAO tests. Please see http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a summary of these tests. Our goal is to get these tests close to 100% for the next major release (i.e., ACE 6.0, TAO 2.0, and C...

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi, We are pleased to announce a new beta of ACE-5.4.7, TAO-1.4.7 and CIAO-0.4.7. Since the x.4.6 beta had so many changes and improvements, we wanted to get this new beta out quickly to fix several important bugs reported by our users, which we greatly appreciate, as always. We've also added a number of subsetting improvements that reduce the static/dynamic footprint of ACE+TAO significantly. As usual the latest release is available at: http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. As always, please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes $CIAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 95% for the TAO tests. Please see http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a summary of these tests...

[ciao-users] Utility library not being found on ACE/TAO/CIAO 5.4.2/1.4.2/0.4.2
Hello again, I am still attempting to install BBN's quo system and I was just informed that I should use ACE/TAO/CIAO 5.4.2/1.4.2/0.4.2. This is the reason for using an older version. CIAO VERSION: 0.4.2 TAO VERSION : 1.4.2 ACE VERSION : 5.4.2 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Dell Dimension 8100 w/ Gentoo Linux (2.6 kernel) TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: CCF library DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? If so, what do your $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: // -*- C++ -*- // // config-linux.h,v 4.41 2004/04/22 20:54:00 shuston Exp // The following configuration file is designed to work for Linux // platforms using GNU C++. #ifndef ACE_CONFIG_LINUX_H #define ACE_CONFIG_LINUX_H #include /**/ "ace/pre.h" #define ACE_PLATFORM_CONFIG config-linux.h #include "ace/config-linux-common.h" #define ACE_HAS_SVR4_DYNAMIC_LINKING #define ACE_HAS_AUTOMATIC_INIT_FINI #define ACE_HAS_DLSYM_SEGFAULT_ON_INVALID_HANDLE #if !defined (ACE_MT_SAFE) #define ACE_MT_SAFE 1 // JCEJ 12/22/96 #1 #endif #if ACE_MT_SAFE // Yes, we do have threads. #define ACE_HAS_THREADS // And they're even POSIX pthreads (LinuxThreads implementation) #define ACE_HAS_PTHREADS // ... and the final standard even! #define ACE_HAS_PTHREADS_STD ...

[ciao-users] Announcing the release of the new beta (ACE-5.4.8, TAO-1.4.8 and CIAO-0.4.8)
[The following is on behalf of the PrismTech build-czars!] Hi, We are pleased to announce a new beta of ACE-5.4.8, TAO-1.4.8, and CIAO-0.4.8. We are currently working hard on the long-awaited x.5 release, which is slated to appear in early 2006. We therefore wanted to get this new beta out to fix several important bugs reported by our users, which we greatly appreciate as always. We've added a number of sub-setting improvements that reduce the static/dynamic footprint of ACE+TAO significantly (www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/Stats has all the details). We've also finally added support for Real-time CCM to CIAO and DAnCE. This beta is contains the results of our major footprint reduction effort that started in the summer of 2004. Between August 1st 2004 and October 14th 2005 the footprint reduction for the ORB_Init application has been 20%. Dependent on the parts of TAO you use the reduction can even be more. This reduction is inclusive all the extensions that have been made to TAO the last year. Interested users should check out http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/Stats/ for more details. Note that the footprint has increased slightly again due to emulated exceptions having been disabled in favour of native C++ exceptions in all stats builds. We have deprecated support for emulated exceptions since there are no sponsors for this configuration. If you require emulated exceptions please contact one of the companies listed in http://w...

RE: [tao-users] Re: [ace-users] Re: Announcing the release of the new beta (ACE-5.4.10, TAO-1.4.10 and CIAO-0.4.10)
Hi, > > >> We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your > > >> applications, and let us know soon if you encounter any problems > > >> since we plan to cut the x.5 release by February 28th. > > > > As per Wallace's comments, we have an aggressive schedule > for the x.5 > > release to meet the needs of some major sponsors. If > people can give > > x.4.10 a "test drive" in the next couple of days and report problems > > they encounter we'll try to ensure that we fix any > showstoppers before > > According to bugzilla bug 2323 is not fixed yet. > > http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2323 > > For us it is a show stopper. We use the OCI version which does not > have problems related to this bug but it would be nice to be able to > use the latest version with more fixes. FYI, the reason that this test now fails is because Ossama added several new test cases which wheren't in the test in the past, this uncovered some bugs which according to our information where already there a long time. Johnny "Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen@remedy.nl> writes: > > > >> We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your > > > >> applications, and let us know soon if you encounter any problems > > > >> sinc...

[ciao-users] Hello error with CIAO 0.4.3
Hi, I have the following problem when running the hello sample program ACE version 5.4.3, released Thu Dec 30 13:21:37 2004 TAO version 1.4.3, released Thu Dec 30 13:22:25 2004 CIAO version 0.4.3, released Thu Dec 30 13:24:16 2004. OPERATING SYSTEM: WindowsXP COMPILER NAME AND VERSION: VC7.1 SYNOPSIS: I compiled all the components for Hello successfully, and followed all steps described in step-by-step.html,i.e., * 1. |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Daemon/CIAO_Daemon -ORBEndpoint iiop://localhost:20000 -n ${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/ComponentServer/ComponentServer | * 2. |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Assembly_Deployer/Assembly_Manager -o ior -c test.dat| * 3. |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Assembly_Deployer/Assembly_Deployer -k file://ior -a default.cad| I got the following error when doing step 3: Must specify to build or teardown an assembly using -o or -d flag This option was not required for previous release, and it's not mentioned in the step-by-step instructions. so I use the following comand |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Assembly_Deployer/Assembly_Deployer -k file://ior -a default.cad -o default.log| Then I got the following error at the window running daemon: .............................. CIAO_Daemon is running................ 1240|2484> creating SenderHome ACE_ASSERT: file .\Servant_Impl_Base.cpp, line 11 assertion failed for '0', aborting... This application has re...

[ciao-users] Deployment error in CIAO 0.5.1 ...
CIAO VERSION: 0.5.1 TAO VERSION : 1.5.1 ACE VERSION : 5.5.1 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Linux beethoven 2.6.11-kanotix-7 #1 Mon Jul 4 09:50:39 BRT 2005 i686 GNU/Linux Using built-in specs. Target: i486-linux-gnu Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c ++,java,f95,objc,ada,treelang --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --program-suffix=-4.0 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-java-awt=gtk-default --enable-gtk-cairo --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-4.0-1.4.2.0/jre --enable-mpfr --disable-werror --enable-checking=release i486-linux-gnu Thread model: posix gcc version 4.0.3 20051201 (prerelease) (Debian 4.0.2-5) THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: config-linux.h THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C++)]: platform_linux.h AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: [What example failed? What module failed to compile?] DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? No LINKING? No DEPLOYMENT? Yes SYNOPSIS: Deployment presents error in executor. DESCR...

[ciao-users] tao_idl invocation error on ciao 0.4.7
CIAO VERSION: 0.4.7 TAO VERSION : 1.4.7 ACE VERSION : 5.4.7 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Win XP Professional, Winsock 3.10.0.103 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE: #include "config-win32.h" CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles): ssl=0 qos=1 cidl=1 rwho=0 sctp=0 boost=1 AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: Building and Execution of tao_idl with Visual Studio 7. DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: EXECUTION? SYNOPSIS: Execution of the tao_idl 1.4.7 compiler ends up in an Error. DESCRIPTION: I downloaded the latest ACE/TAO/CIAO Version x.4.7. I'm using Visual Studio 7 to build ACE successfully. When building TAO, the TAO lib and the TAO IDL Compiler builds without errors. When the first invocation of tao_idl in the project is invoked from Visual Studio, I get the following Error: > Debug Error! > > Program: ...-4-7\ACE_wrappers_vob\ACE_wrappers\build\vc71\tao_idl.exe > Module: ...-4-7\ACE_wrappers_vob\ACE_wrappers\build\vc71\tao_idl.exe > File: [...]\build\vc71\tao\tao_idl\driver\drv_preproc.cpp > Line: 286 > > Run-Time Check Failure #0 - The value of ESP was not properly saved > accross a function call. This is usually a result of calling a > function declared with one calling convention with a function pointer > de...

Re: [ciao-users] Hello error with CIAO 0.4.3
Hi > I'm using CIAO CIDL compiler 0.4.2 that I got from > http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/cidlc/binary/windows/i386/cidlc-2004-09-13.zip. > Does this help? You need to be using the 0.4.3 of the executable. > Actually I'm just looking for a stable version of CIAO that does not > need the *EI.idl step when building CIAO components. If this one does > not work out properly, which version am I supposed to use? I'm asking > because I don't want to waste too much time building the whole project, > which takes quite a while, :-). Just use the new CIDLC executable and recompile your servant and executor. Thanks bala On Wednesday, 19 January, 2005 at 11:24:18 -0600, xiongm wrote: > Thanks, bala. I've got everything figured out. It was exactly because of > the CIDL compiler version. Cool! Good to know that things work. Thanks bala > > Balachandran Natarajan wrote: > > >Hi > > > > > > > >> I'm using CIAO CIDL compiler 0.4.2 that I got from > >>http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/cidlc/binary/windows/i386/cidlc-2004-09-13.zip. > >>Does this help? > >> > >> > > > >You need to be using the 0.4.3 of the executable. > > > > > > > >> Actually I'm just looking for a stable version of CIAO that does not > >&...

RE: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi, Please use the prf form and which configuration you build. I personally think you have an old version of ACE/TAO on the system that is used. Regards, Johnny > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Domingos Monteiro > Sent: donderdag 9 juni 2005 18:05 > To: Simon McQueen > Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: Re: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO - 5.4.6 + 1.4.6 + 0.4.6 released > > Hi, > > I've just dowloaded this version > I've started to compile ACE with > - MSVC 7.1 > - Win XP > And get the following link errors: > > Message_Block.obj : error LNK2005: "public: virtual void __thiscall > ACE_Deadline_Message_Strategy::convert_priority(class ACE_Time_Value > &,class ACE_Message_Block const &)" > (?convert_priority@ACE_Deadline_Message_Strategy@@UAEXAAVACE_T > ime_Value@@ABVACE_Message_Block@@@Z) > already defined in CDR_Size.obj > Message_Block.obj : error LNK2005: "public: virtual void __thiscall > ACE_Laxity_Message_Strategy::convert_priority(class ACE_Time_Value > &,class ACE_Message_Block const &)" > (?convert_priority@ACE_Laxity_Message_Strategy@@UAEXAAVACE_Tim > e_Value@@ABVACE_Message_Block@@@Z) > already defined in CDR_Size.obj > SString.obj : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall > ACE_NS_WString::ACE_N...

RE: [ciao-users] tao_idl invocation error on ciao 0.4.7
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF form. Do you use VC7 or VC7.1 (also called 2003). The vc7 version is broken and is not supported. Johnny > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ciao-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ciao-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Friedhelm Wolf > Sent: woensdag 17 augustus 2005 10:27 > To: ciao-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: [ciao-users] tao_idl invocation error on ciao 0.4.7 > > CIAO VERSION: 0.4.7 > TAO VERSION : 1.4.7 > ACE VERSION : 5.4.7 > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > Win XP Professional, Winsock 3.10.0.103 > > THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE: > #include "config-win32.h" > > CONTENTS OF > $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features > (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles): > ssl=0 > qos=1 > cidl=1 > rwho=0 > sctp=0 > boost=1 > > AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: > Building and Execution of tao_idl with Visual Studio 7. > > DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: > EXECUTION? > > SYNOPSIS: > Execution of the tao_idl 1.4.7 compiler ends up in an Error. > > DESCRIPTION: > I downloaded the latest ACE/TAO/CIAO Version x.4.7. > I'm using Visual Studio 7 to build ACE successfully. > When building TAO, the TAO lib and the TAO IDL Compiler > builds without erro...

[ace-users] Announcing the release of the new beta (ACE-5.4.8, TAO-1.4.8 and CIAO-0.4.8)
[...]

RE: [ciao-users] tao_idl invocation error on ciao 0.4.7 #2
Hi, Ok, this is really strange. We build TAO_IDL daily and don't have seen this problem. Maybe you can try to rebuild x.4.7 in a complete fresh tree. Johnny > -----Original Message----- > From: Friedhelm Wolf [mailto:Friedhelm.wolf@gmx.de] > Sent: woensdag 17 augustus 2005 10:54 > To: jwillemsen@remedy.nl > Cc: ciao-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: Re: [ciao-users] tao_idl invocation error on ciao 0.4.7 > > Hi, > > I use Version 7.1 ( 2003 ). Sorry for beeing imprecise. > > Regards, > Friedhelm > > Johnny Willemsen wrote: > > Hi, > > > > Thanks for using the PRF form. Do you use VC7 or VC7.1 > (also called 2003). > > The vc7 version is broken and is not supported. > > > > Johnny > > > > > >>-----Original Message----- > >>From: owner-ciao-users@cse.wustl.edu > >>[mailto:owner-ciao-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Friedhelm Wolf > >>Sent: woensdag 17 augustus 2005 10:27 > >>To: ciao-users@cs.wustl.edu > >>Subject: [ciao-users] tao_idl invocation error on ciao 0.4.7 > >> > >> CIAO VERSION: 0.4.7 > >> TAO VERSION : 1.4.7 > >> ACE VERSION : 5.4.7 > >> > >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > >> Win XP Professional, Winsock 3.10.0.103 > >> > >> THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h ...

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE x.0.4 available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.0.4, TAO 2.0.4, CIAO 1.0.4, and DAnCE 1.0.4, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE tests. Please see: http://w...

[ace-users] Re: a little bug of ACE-5.4.1+TAO-1.4.1+CIAO-0.4.1.tar.gz
Hi Adam, Please upgrade to ACE+TAO x.4.8, which you can download from http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html under the heading "latest beta kit". The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the latest beta kit, as described in http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-bug-process.html Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for ACE 5.4.1, I recommend that you check out http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial support. Thanks, Doug >> When I compile this version, it prompts me the following errors that >> /*------ >> gmake[6]: *** No rule to make target `Client_Request_Interceptor.cpp', >> needed by `.obj/Client_Request_Interceptor.o'. Stop. >> ------*/ >> >> Then I find there is something wrong about the directory: >> /export/home/adam/ace.5.4.1.cc.64/TAO/tests/Portable_Interceptors/Request_Interceptor_Flow >> There are two files whose file names suffix are very strange. >> 1. Client_Request_Interceptor.cp >> 2. Server_Request_Interceptor.cp >> After I rename them from .cp to .cpp >> >> I wonder if this is a bug or some thing I configure wrong? >> >> Regards, >> Adam >> -...

[ciao-users] CIAO build error (ACE+TAO+CIAO-5.7)
Hi, I am getting the following build error with default make files available in the release. make[1]: Entering directory `/home/sreejith/Embedded/aurora/atc-5.7/a_wrappers/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE/TargetManager' GNUmakefile: /home/sreejith/Embedded/aurora/atc-5.7/a_wrappers/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE/TargetManager/GNUmakefile.CIAO_TargetManager_cidl_gen MAKEFLAGS=w make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../../bin/cidlc', needed by `TargetManager_svnt.h'. Stop. make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sreejith/Embedded/aurora/atc-5.7/a_wrappers/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE/TargetManager' make: *** [CI...

[ciao-users] Much better component deployment speed on ACE+TAO+CIAO 6.2.4
Hi All, Just as a matter of interest, I recently updated ACE+TAO+CIAO from 6.1.9 to 6.2.4 and noticed a HUGE improvement in the speed of component deployment using DAnCE. Deploying 6 components used to take about 10sec in 6.1.9 but it has dropped to less than 1 sec in 6.2.4. How was this improvement obtained? Regards, Hartmut ...

Web resources about - [ciao-users] Deployment error in CIAO 0.4.9 - comp.soft-sys.ace