f



[ciao-users] Hello error with CIAO 0.4.3

Hi,
    I have the following problem when running the hello  sample program

       ACE version 5.4.3, released Thu Dec 30 13:21:37 2004
       TAO version 1.4.3, released Thu Dec 30 13:22:25 2004
      CIAO version 0.4.3, released Thu Dec 30 13:24:16 2004.

   OPERATING SYSTEM: WindowsXP

   COMPILER NAME AND VERSION: VC7.1

   SYNOPSIS:

    I compiled all the components for Hello successfully, and followed all steps described in step-by-step.html,i.e.,


    * 1. |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Daemon/CIAO_Daemon -ORBEndpoint
      iiop://localhost:20000 -n
      ${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/ComponentServer/ComponentServer |
    * 2. |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Assembly_Deployer/Assembly_Manager -o ior
      -c test.dat|
    * 3. |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Assembly_Deployer/Assembly_Deployer -k
      file://ior -a default.cad|


I got the following error when doing step 3:

Must  specify to build or teardown an assembly using -o or -d flag

This option was not required for previous release, and it's not 
mentioned in the step-by-step instructions. so I use the following comand

|${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Assembly_Deployer/Assembly_Deployer -k file://ior -a 
default.cad -o default.log|


Then I got the following error at the window running daemon:

..............................
CIAO_Daemon is running................
1240|2484> creating SenderHome
ACE_ASSERT: file .\Servant_Impl_Base.cpp, line 11 assertion failed for 
'0', aborting...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in unusual 
way.Please contact the application's support for more information...

I didn't see this error in older version of CIAO, anyone has any idea?

Thanks for any help.
Ming




0
xiongm
1/19/2005 12:15:31 AM
comp.soft-sys.ace 20326 articles. 1 followers. marlow.andrew (167) is leader. Post Follow

2 Replies
322 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

Hi

On Tuesday, 18 January, 2005 at 18:13:59 -0600, xiongm wrote:
 > Hi,
 >     I have the following problem when running the hello  sample program
 > 
 >        ACE version 5.4.3, released Thu Dec 30 13:21:37 2004
 >        TAO version 1.4.3, released Thu Dec 30 13:22:25 2004
 >       CIAO version 0.4.3, released Thu Dec 30 13:24:16 2004.

Thanks for using the PRF! BTW, which version of the CIDLC are you
using?

Thanks
Bala

 > 
 >    OPERATING SYSTEM: WindowsXP
 > 
 >    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION: VC7.1
 > 
 >    SYNOPSIS:
 > 
 >     I compiled all the components for Hello successfully, and followed all steps described in step-by-step.html,i.e.,
 > 
 > 
 >     * 1. |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Daemon/CIAO_Daemon -ORBEndpoint
 >       iiop://localhost:20000 -n
 >       ${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/ComponentServer/ComponentServer |
 >     * 2. |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Assembly_Deployer/Assembly_Manager -o ior
 >       -c test.dat|
 >     * 3. |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Assembly_Deployer/Assembly_Deployer -k
 >       file://ior -a default.cad|
 > 
 > 
 > I got the following error when doing step 3:
 > 
 > Must  specify to build or teardown an assembly using -o or -d flag
 > 
 > This option was not required for previous release, and it's not 
 > mentioned in the step-by-step instructions. so I use the following comand
 > 
 > |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Assembly_Deployer/Assembly_Deployer -k file://ior -a 
 > default.cad -o default.log|
 > 
 > 
 > Then I got the following error at the window running daemon:
 > 
 > .............................
 > CIAO_Daemon is running................
 > 1240|2484> creating SenderHome
 > ACE_ASSERT: file .\Servant_Impl_Base.cpp, line 11 assertion failed for 
 > '0', aborting...
 > 
 > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in unusual 
 > way.Please contact the application's support for more information...
 > 
 > I didn't see this error in older version of CIAO, anyone has any idea?
 > 
 > Thanks for any help.
 > Ming
 > 
 > 
 > 

0
bala
1/19/2005 2:21:26 PM
Hi, Bala:
    I'm using CIAO CIDL compiler 0.4.2 that I got from 
http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/cidlc/binary/windows/i386/cidlc-2004-09-13.zip. 
Does this help?
    Actually I'm just looking for a stable version of CIAO that does not 
need the *EI.idl  step when building CIAO components. If this one does 
not work out properly, which version am I supposed to use? I'm asking 
because I don't want to waste too much time building the whole project, 
which takes quite a while, :-).

Best,
Ming
   

Balachandran Natarajan wrote:

>Hi
>
>On Tuesday, 18 January, 2005 at 18:13:59 -0600, xiongm wrote:
> > Hi,
> >     I have the following problem when running the hello  sample program
> > 
> >        ACE version 5.4.3, released Thu Dec 30 13:21:37 2004
> >        TAO version 1.4.3, released Thu Dec 30 13:22:25 2004
> >       CIAO version 0.4.3, released Thu Dec 30 13:24:16 2004.
>
>Thanks for using the PRF! BTW, which version of the CIDLC are you
>using?
>
>Thanks
>Bala
>
> > 
> >    OPERATING SYSTEM: WindowsXP
> > 
> >    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION: VC7.1
> > 
> >    SYNOPSIS:
> > 
> >     I compiled all the components for Hello successfully, and followed all steps described in step-by-step.html,i.e.,
> > 
> > 
> >     * 1. |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Daemon/CIAO_Daemon -ORBEndpoint
> >       iiop://localhost:20000 -n
> >       ${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/ComponentServer/ComponentServer |
> >     * 2. |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Assembly_Deployer/Assembly_Manager -o ior
> >       -c test.dat|
> >     * 3. |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Assembly_Deployer/Assembly_Deployer -k
> >       file://ior -a default.cad|
> > 
> > 
> > I got the following error when doing step 3:
> > 
> > Must  specify to build or teardown an assembly using -o or -d flag
> > 
> > This option was not required for previous release, and it's not 
> > mentioned in the step-by-step instructions. so I use the following comand
> > 
> > |${CIAO_ROOT}/tools/Assembly_Deployer/Assembly_Deployer -k file://ior -a 
> > default.cad -o default.log|
> > 
> > 
> > Then I got the following error at the window running daemon:
> > 
> > .............................
> > CIAO_Daemon is running................
> > 1240|2484> creating SenderHome
> > ACE_ASSERT: file .\Servant_Impl_Base.cpp, line 11 assertion failed for 
> > '0', aborting...
> > 
> > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in unusual 
> > way.Please contact the application's support for more information...
> > 
> > I didn't see this error in older version of CIAO, anyone has any idea?
> > 
> > Thanks for any help.
> > Ming
> > 
> > 
> > 
>  
>





















































0
xiongm
1/19/2005 4:30:10 PM
Reply:

Web resources about - [ciao-users] Hello error with CIAO 0.4.3 - comp.soft-sys.ace

Resources last updated: 2/11/2016 8:30:26 PM