[tao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO - 5.5.6 + 1.5.6 + 0.5.6 released

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. This beta has been
tagged ACE+TAO+CIAO-5_5_6.  The main difference between this release and x.5.5
is that the ACE exception macros (except for ACE_THROW_RETURN and
ACE_THROW_SPEC) have been removed from all TAO and CIAO code.

It is available from the same download location as per the previous release.

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/

The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. Included with this
beta, besides the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, we also
provide source only packages for the group of users which use MPC to generate
their own makefiles.

We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and
let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the:

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to
report problems. We also request that you take a look at:

$TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/

for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and
Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward.  Overviews of our recent progress and
upcoming plans are available at:

$ACE_ROOT/NEWS
$TAO_ROOT/NEWS
$CIAO_ROOT/NEWS

The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily
builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 92% for the TAO tests.  Please see:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/

for a summary of these tests. As always, we appreciate your help in resolving
the remaining problems. Please see:

ACE_ROOT/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

for an overview of our bug fixing policies.

The following is a list of key changes since the last release.  Please refer to
the corresponding ChangeLog files or Bugzilla entries for more details on the
problem and the nature of fixes applied.

==============
Changes to ACE
==============

.. The ACE_TYPENAME macro has been added to those that are not
  available when the ACE_LACKS_DEPRECATED_MACROS config option is set
  (it is not set by default). You are encouraged to replace the use of
  ACE_TYPENAME with the C++ typename keyword before the ACE_TYPENAME
  macros is removed from ACE in the future.

.. A new script, rm_exception_macros.pl, has been added to help users
  remove the use of the ACE exception macros from their own code.

==============
Changes to TAO
==============

.. Removed all exception environment macros except ACE_THROW_RETURN
  and ACE_THROW_SPEC

=========================
Changes to CIAO and DAnCE
=========================

.. Removed all exception environment macros except ACE_THROW_RETURN
  and ACE_THROW_SPEC

.. All CIAO libraries built on UNIX systems will now have the correct library
  version numbers.  Previously they had the same version numbers as TAO
  libraries.

=========================
Known issues
=========================

.. "defined in discarded section" Linker Errors.
   Certain libraries within TAO are now triggering the well known and
   annoying gcc compiler/linker bug (on older compilers and binutils). This
   bug generates error messages similar to the following:

   /usr/bin/ld: .L2925' referenced in section .rodata' of
   .shobj/DynamicAny/DynArray_i.o: defined in discarded section

..gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3TAO15MakeDynAnyUtils14make_dyn_any_tIRKN5CORBA3AnyEEEPN10DynamicAny6DynAnyEPNS2_8TypeCodeET_'
of .shobj/DynamicAny/DynArray_i.o

   The only fix we have found for this type of problem is to upgrade
   both the gcc compiler, binutils (and in some cases the libc) to later
   versions that are more compatiable with each other. This problem caused
   all of our Debian linux test machines to choke until we upgraded their
   tools to the following:

   g++ (GCC) 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)
   gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)
   binutils 2.17-3
   libc6 2.3.6.ds1-10

.. The Implementation repository may not work correctly when IPv6 is enabled.

0
Chad

[tao-users] ACE 6.0.1 and TAO 2.0.1 RPMs available
Hi all, ACE 6.0.1 and TAO 2.0.1 RPMs are now available at OpenSuSE build service. OBS provides currently RPMs for: - CentOS 5 - Fedora 12/13/14 - Mandriva 2009.1/2010/2010.1 - RHEL 4/5/6 - SLES 9/11/11SP1 - OpenSuSE 11.1/11.2/11.3/Factory Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Check our scoreboard at http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl/ ...

[ace-users] ACE 6.0.1 and TAO 2.0.1 RPMs available
Hi all, ACE 6.0.1 and TAO 2.0.1 RPMs are now available at OpenSuSE build service. OBS provides currently RPMs for: - CentOS 5 - Fedora 12/13/14 - Mandriva 2009.1/2010/2010.1 - RHEL 4/5/6 - SLES 9/11/11SP1 - OpenSuSE 11.1/11.2/11.3/Factory Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Check our scoreboard at http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl/ ...

[tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.0.6, TAO 2.0.6, CIAO 1.0.6, and DAnCE 1.0.6, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE tests. Please see: htt...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
[...]

[tao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.6 available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.6 release. The x.6.6 release is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 97% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a summary of these te...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.6 available for download
[...]

[tao-users] ACE 6.2.6/TAO 2.2.6 RPMs available on OBS
Hi, Through the OpenSuSE build service we are providing RPMs for ACE/TAO. We have updated OBS this morning, RPMs for the various distributions are appearing online. For more details see http://www.orbzone.org/node/344 Best regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Support and services for ATCD http://www.theaceorb.nl ...

[ace-users] ACE 6.2.6/TAO 2.2.6 RPMs available on OBS
Hi, Through the OpenSuSE build service we are providing RPMs for ACE/TAO. We have updated OBS this morning, RPMs for the various distributions are appearing online. For more details see http://www.orbzone.org/node/344 Best regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Support and services for ATCD http://www.theaceorb.nl ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi Folks, Thanks again to everyone from the DOC group and the ACE+TAO+CIAO user communities who helped get the x.3.6 beta out the door. As Bala mentioned, it's really important to get your feedback before we release the ACE+TAO+CIAO x.4 release since that will become the baseline for the next round of commercially supported products. I know it's a busy time of year for lots of people, but we'd really appreciate your help testing this beta to ensure that the forthcoming official x.4 release will work well on as many platforms as possible! Thanks very much, Doug ...

[ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
[...]

[ace-users] ACE SSL build errors on Ubuntu 12.10 with ACE+TAO version 6.1.0
--14dae9340cc3f8a4c204d496c32b Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, however, the last time it poped up in the email list history was in 2007. I'm getting a bug in compiling ACE with SSL in my environment. Initially, I installed the ACE libraries and dev environment for Ununtu 12.10, along with the OpenSSL libraries. My intent was to start playing around with an ACE based SSL web client. When the libraries shipped with this version of Ubuntu started wigging out in the HTTPS_Session area, I figured that this was just the builders bad form for not running the ACE tests. So, off I went to build ACE, with SSL. Currently, ace without SSL builds fine, but as soon as I add in the ssl=3D1 to the make line, I get linker errors. Looking at the source code, this appears to be some kind of confusion over defines in the ssl.h file belonging to the OpenSSL package. Anyway, here's the PRF: ACE VERSION: 6.1.0 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Ubuntu 12.10 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: Same COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): gcc 4.7.2 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: ace/config-linux.h THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you use a link to a platform-specific file...

[ace-users] ACE SSL build errors on Ubuntu 12.10 with ACE+TAO version 6.1.0
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, however, the last time it poped up in= the email list history was in 2007. I'm getting a bug in compiling ACE wit= h SSL in my environment. Initially, I installed the ACE libraries and dev e= nvironment for Ununtu 12.10, along with the OpenSSL libraries. My intent wa= s to start playing around with an ACE based SSL web client. When the librar= ies shipped with this version of Ubuntu started wigging out in the HTTPS_Se= ssion area, I figured that this was just the builders bad form for not runn= ing the ACE tests. So, off I went to build ACE, with SSL. Currently, ace without SSL builds fine, but as soon as I add in the ssl=3D1= to the make line, I get linker errors. Looking at the source code, this ap= pears to be some kind of confusion over defines in the ssl.h file belonging= to the OpenSSL package. Anyway, here's the PRF: ACE VERSION: 6.1.0 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Ubuntu 12.10 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: Same COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): gcc 4.7.2 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: ace/config-linux.h THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C+...

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.6 available for download
[...]

[tao-users] ACE+TAO x.6.6 RPM for Fedora
Greetings, I've uploaded Fedora source and binary RPM for ACE+TAO x.6.6 to: http://dist.bonsai.com/ken/ace_tao_rpm/ The source RPM are believed to build on RHEL systems as well. Please let me know if there are problems/issues. Ken -- Ken Sedgwick Bonsai Software, Inc. http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ (510) 610-4162 ken+5a4@bonsai.com Public Key: http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ken.asc GPG Fingerprint: 851E 3B07 E586 0843 9434 5CC7 4033 3B9B 3F3F 9640 ...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO x.6.6 RPM for Fedora
Greetings, I've uploaded Fedora source and binary RPM for ACE+TAO x.6.6 to: http://dist.bonsai.com/ken/ace_tao_rpm/ The source RPM are believed to build on RHEL systems as well. Please let me know if there are problems/issues. Ken -- Ken Sedgwick Bonsai Software, Inc. http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ (510) 610-4162 ken+5a4@bonsai.com Public Key: http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ken.asc GPG Fingerprint: 851E 3B07 E586 0843 9434 5CC7 4033 3B9B 3F3F 9640 ...

[tao-announce] ACE 6.0.1 and TAO 2.0.1 RPMs available
Hi all, ACE 6.0.1 and TAO 2.0.1 RPMs are now available at OpenSuSE build service. OBS provides currently RPMs for: - CentOS 5 - Fedora 12/13/14 - Mandriva 2009.1/2010/2010.1 - RHEL 4/5/6 - SLES 9/11/11SP1 - OpenSuSE 11.1/11.2/11.3/Factory Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Check our scoreboard at http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl/ ...

[ace-announce] ACE 6.0.1 and TAO 2.0.1 RPMs available
Hi all, ACE 6.0.1 and TAO 2.0.1 RPMs are now available at OpenSuSE build service. OBS provides currently RPMs for: - CentOS 5 - Fedora 12/13/14 - Mandriva 2009.1/2010/2010.1 - RHEL 4/5/6 - SLES 9/11/11SP1 - OpenSuSE 11.1/11.2/11.3/Factory Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Check our scoreboard at http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl/ ...

[tao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.1 now available
Hi all, Thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.1 release, which is a "bug fix only" (BFO) release that corrects defects found with the x.6 release but adds no new functionality, thereby ensuring stability. The x.6.1 release is available from the same download location as per the previous x.6 release at http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest BFO Beta". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuild cidlc binaries will be available tomorrow. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release also provides source-only packages for the group of users who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.1 now available
[...]

[ace-announce] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
[...]

[tao-announce] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
[...]

[ace-announce] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.6 available for download
[...]

[tao-users] Deadlock in TAO Transport in 1.6.6 and all later releases
--Boundary_(ID_RCfN/gM87OKsxRKBZq8ntA) Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Hi all, ACE VERSION: 6.0.2 and earlier releases (also tested 5.7.8) HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Compiled on twin core AMD Opteron running RHAS4 32-bit (kernel 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp) TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: 2 x 6-core Intel Xeon running Linux RHEL5.5 64 (kernel 2.6.18-194.3.1= ..el5) 64-bits but running 32-bit applications using compatibility layer COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): gcc 3.4.6 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE config-linux.h (Modified to #undef and #define FD_SETSIZE to 65536) THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE platform_linux.GNU BUILD METHOD USED: MPC / make CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features default AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: CORBA client/server process hangs at runtime DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? No LINKING? No EXECUTION? Yes OTHER No SYNOPSIS: When IIOP connections are frequently opened and closed, TAO-based process can deadlock due to a lock ordering issue between the Reactor and Transport locks. DESCRIPTION: My team runs a fairly large system using multithreaded C++ CO...

[tao-announce] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.6 available for download
[...]

[tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.2.6 release available!
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.2.6, TAO 2.2.6, CIAO 1.2.6, and DAnCE 1.2.6, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage...

Web resources about - [tao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO - 5.5.6 + 1.5.6 + 0.5.6 released - comp.soft-sys.ace

ACE+TAO+CIAO Sponsors
ACE+TAO+CIAO Sponsors The following companies, organizations, and funding agencies havesponsored our work on ACE , TAO , and CIAO over the pasttwo ...