[tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released

Hi

We are happy to announce a new beta of ACE-5.3.5, TAO-1.3.5 and
CIAO-0.3.5. This beta comes with new ORB level services that were
developed over the past few months by folks at Washington University
and University of Rhode Island. Please see the release notes attached
with this email for more information.

As usual the latest release is available at:

http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html

The doxygen documentation for the beta will be updated in the next few
hours!

We highly encourage you to download the present beta and use it with
your applications and let us know if there are any problems. As
always, please use the:

   $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
   $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
   $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the version/platform/compiler/options you're using to
report problems. We would also request that you take a look at

$TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes
$CIAO_ROOT/docs/releasenote.html

for the status of various ongoing projects at the doc groups of WashU,
UCI and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward.

In addition the following is a list of noteworthy changes since the last
beta. Please refer to the ChangeLog for more details on the problem
and the nature of fixes applied.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR UNIX and LINUX USERS

Please note that $ACE_ROOT/lib directory also has to be added to
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable in addition to the
existing  $ACE_ROOT/ace. This is part of the transition plan to
accomodate and use Makefiles generated from MPC.

ACE
====
  . Added support for the new CBuilderX Preview compiler and improved
    support for the MingW compiler.

  . The use of shared library versioning is now controlled by the
    versioned_so make variable, which can be set on the command line
    or in your platform_macros.GNU file.  versioned_so=1 turns on
    versioning, and versioned_so=0 turns it off. The default varies
    by platform. The version number applied to the library is
    controlled by the SOVERSION make variable. This can be set to
    any value you like. The default is <ACE-major>.<ACE-minor>.<ACE-beta>.

  . The limitation of the user level notification queue within the
    Select_Reactor and TP_Reactor has been fixed. This problem
    prevented applications from having unbounded queue of notification
    messages. [BUG 1268]

  . Added support for allocators inside the Kokyu dispatching
    infrastructure.

  . An initial implementation of thread scheduling and dispatching
    mechanisms to support Distributable Threads in Dynamic Scheduling
    Real Time CORBA (DSRTCORBA) has been added to the Kokyu
    infrastructure ($ACE_ROOT/Kokyu). Two different styles of
    dispatching mechanisms are available - Condition variable based
    dispatching and OS-based direct dispatching. The DSRT dispatching
    module in Kokyu is flexible enough to plug in different kinds of
    scheduling policies. For more information, please see
    $ACE_ROOT/Kokyu/docs/Kokyu.html.

  . Improved support for LynxOS

TAO
=====

ORB
----
  . Added CORBALOC support for SCTP.

TAO SSLIOP Pluggable Protocol
-----------------------------
  . Removed erroneous HPUX-specific check from TAO_SSLIOP Makefile.
    TAO_SSLIOP should build properly on HP-UX.

ORB services
------------
  . Fixed a bug in the naming service which caused a wrong corbaname
    ObjectURL generation [BUG 1606]

  . Implementation of the Real-Time CORBA 1.0 Scheduling Service,
    implemented by Real-Time Distributed Object Computig Lab at
    University of Rhode Island is now available in this beta. The
    RTCosScheduler allows applications to schedule tasks according to
    scheduling information determined a priori. This scheduling
    information is stored in a config file so that both the client and
    the server has access to it. For more information, please see
    $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/rtc10_sched.html.

  . The FaultTolerance library is now split into three different
    libraries viz. Utils, Client and Server. These finer granular
    pieces are available to the applications if the Makefiles are
    generated using MPC. Using the old Makefiles and dsp files would
    still generate a single library for backward copatibility.

  . Support for Fault Tolerance in the TAO Real Time Event Service.
    This allows you to start several event services in different
    machines. These event services form an object group which
    can be treated as a logical event service by clients. The clients
    only communicate with the primary (leader) of the object group.
    The other event channels in the object group are called backups.
    Once the primary dies, one of the backups will assume the
    reponsibility of primary and this process is transparent to the
    clients. For more information, see
    $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ftrt_ec.html

  . Support for Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) in the
    AVStreams pluggable protocol. This allows users to choose SCTP
    as their transport protocol to send and receive data. The SCTP
    protocol is available only when the sctp flag is set in
    $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU.

  . Example implementations of DSRTCORBA schedulers using Kokyu are
    available in $TAO_ROOT/examples/Kokyu_dsrt_schedulers. Currently,
    there are three schedulers - Maximum Importance First, Fixed
    Priority and Maximum Urgency First.

  . Fixed problem in CPU load monitor that prevent loads from being
    gathered on Linux. Fixed problem where it wasn't possible to
    retrieve a CPU load monitor object reference from the LoadManager.

  . Additional tests and performance-tests for LoadBalancer have been
    added.

CIAO
====

  . CIDL compiler now supports all the basic types in the front end
    and back end.

  . The CIDL compiler has some Makefiles and vcproj files for
    compilation. MPC support for the CIDL compiler is just round the
    corner.

Bugs Fixed or Resolved
======================

 1268, 1585, 1588, 1590, 1606, 1609, 1610, 1612, 1614

Issues
======
  . The generated code for the supports keyword in IDL doesn't generate
    the right code.

Thanks
Venkita
0
venkita (4)

"Venkita Subramonian" <venkita@cse.wustl.edu> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> We are happy to announce a new beta of ACE-5.3.5, TAO-1.3.5 and
> CIAO-0.3.5. This beta comes with new ORB level services that were
> developed over the past few months by folks at Washington University
> and University of Rhode Island. Please see the release notes attached
> with this email for more information.
>
> As usual the latest release is available at:
>
> http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html
>
> The doxygen documentation for the beta will be updated in the next few
> hours!

Venkita,

The doxgen documentation is not accessible - all the *html* files have
permissions rw- --- ---.

Cheers,
Bruce MacDonald

0
no6806 (3)

Re: [tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released
Hi Folks, It's been about a year since we released ACE 5.3 and TAO 1.3. We are therefore planning to release ACE 5.4 and TAO 1.4 by mid-December. The ACE+TAO x.3.5 beta that Venkita just announced will be the penultimate beta towards that goal. In addition to all the enhancements that he mentioned in the release notes, we also plan to add the following enhancements before the x.4 release: ---------------------------------------- .. ACE subsetting enhancements .. ORB footprint and compilation-time enhancements .. CORBA Security Service capabilities .. Load Balancing Service enhancements and bug fixes .. CIDL enhancements .. CIAO enhancements .. SCIOP fixes and enhancements .. Additional FT CORBA integration .. New Autoconf support .. Various fixes to parse-magic-bytes problems and problems with receiving GIOP message fragments. .. Impl Repo fixes ---------------------------------------- If there's something really important that you'd like to see go into the ACE+TAO x.4 release *and* you're willing to commit the time/resources necessary to ensure that this happens please let us know. Thanks, Doug A related question for OCI (and other companies supporting TAO I suppose): What are OCI's plan's for a supported TAO 1.4 release and developer guide? Will this effect the release of the 1.3 guide? Cheers, Alex. Douglas C. Schmidt wrote: >Hi Folks, > > It's been about a year since we rel...

Re: [tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released #2
Hi Tom, > We are currently arm-wrestling with TAO-1.3.3 on VxWorks-5.5/Tornado-2.2 > built with non-native exceptions and with implicit templates. Implicit > templates are desirable since we are now using STL and those nested > templates make explicit instantiation almost impossible. Non-native > exceptions are important since native exceptions lead to a factor of 4.5 > increase in code size (!!). > > Implicit templates cause trouble with singletons, since the VxWorks-2.x > loader does not respect weakly-defined symbols, so one can not load > multiple modules which reference the same templated singleton. Our > workaround involves using RTTI and implementing a "singleton registry" > to enable proper singleton behavior. This strategy works for our > production code based on TAO-1.2.1, and hopefully we'll finish off our > move to TAO-1.3.3 sometime soon. > > I've mentioned this on-list once or twice, and had positive feedback on > incorporating fixes or changes to move working code into the TAO tree. > We haven't until recently had time to consider moving away from > TAO-1.2.1, so patches would not have helped. I'd like to post (working) > patches to the list for feedback, and I'd like to do this in time for > consideration to move this code into the next TAO release if deemed > appropriate. Either way we should have something to contribute to our > VxWorks br...

Re: [tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released #2 #2
Hi Alex, > What are OCI's plan's for a supported TAO 1.4 release and developer > guide? Will this effect the release of the 1.3 guide? This is an excellent question - I'm sure Malcolm Spence will pitch in when he has a chance and I suspect that OCI will be supporting TAO 1.4 in due time. None of the changes in TAO 1.4 should affect the relevance of the info in the TAO 1.3 developer's guide - there's just more new stuff to document as time permits. Take care, Doug ...

Re: [ace-users] g++ 3.4.3 and ACE 5.5 & TAO 1.5
Hi, Please upgrade to ACE/TAO 1.5.3 which you can obtain from http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl "M@uro!!" <mauro.gaddo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1161692263.239945.111960@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>... > During compiling on HP-UX 11.11 with g++ i have the following error: > > g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../.. -I.. -DACE_HAS_ACE_TOKEN > -DACE_HAS_ACE_SVCCONF -DACE_BUILD_DLL -DHPUX_VERS=1111 -w -W -Wall > -Wpointer-arith -g -O2 -pthread -pipe -I. -I.. -MT > libACE_la-OS_NS_stdio.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libACE_la-OS_NS_stdio.Tpo -c > ../../ace/OS_NS_stdio.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libACE_la-OS_NS_stdio.o > ../../ace/OS_NS_stdio.cpp: In function `int ACE_OS::fprintf(FILE*, > const wchar_t*, ...)': > ../../ace/OS_NS_stdio.cpp:242: error: `::vfwprintf' has not been > declared > > Can someone helps me? > > Thanks!! > M. > ...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi all, We are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. This beta has been tagged ACE+TAO+CIAO-5_5_6. The main difference between this release and x.5.5 is that the ACE exception macros (except for ACE_THROW_RETURN and ACE_THROW_SPEC) have been removed from all TAO and CIAO code. It is available from the same download location as per the previous release. http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. Included with this beta, besides the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, we also provide source only packages for the group of users which use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 92% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://ww...

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi, We are pleased to announce a new beta of ACE-5.4.5, TAO-1.4.5 and CIAO-0.4.5. This beta contains a number of time/space optimizations, including POA/Skeleton refactoring and TypeCode reimplementation. It also fixes a number of important bugs reported by our users, which we greatly appreciate, as always. As usual the latest release is available at: http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta will be updated in the next few hours! We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. As always, please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes $CIAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall succeeded test results gathered from all our daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 93% for the TAO tests. Please see http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a summary of these tests. Our goal is to get these tests close to 100% for the next major release (i.e., ACE 6.0,...

g++ 3.4.3 and ACE 5.5 & TAO 1.5
During compiling on HP-UX 11.11 with g++ i have the following error: g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../.. -I.. -DACE_HAS_ACE_TOKEN -DACE_HAS_ACE_SVCCONF -DACE_BUILD_DLL -DHPUX_VERS=1111 -w -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -g -O2 -pthread -pipe -I. -I.. -MT libACE_la-OS_NS_stdio.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libACE_la-OS_NS_stdio.Tpo -c .../../ace/OS_NS_stdio.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libACE_la-OS_NS_stdio.o .../../ace/OS_NS_stdio.cpp: In function `int ACE_OS::fprintf(FILE*, const wchar_t*, ...)': .../../ace/OS_NS_stdio.cpp:242: error: `::vfwprintf' has not been declared Can someone helps me? Thanks!! M. Hi Mauro, >During compiling on HP-UX 11.11 with g++ i have the following error: > > g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../.. -I.. -DACE_HAS_ACE_TOKEN >-DACE_HAS_ACE_SVCCONF -DACE_BUILD_DLL -DHPUX_VERS=1111 -w -W -Wall >-Wpointer-arith -g -O2 -pthread -pipe -I. -I.. -MT >libACE_la-OS_NS_stdio.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libACE_la-OS_NS_stdio.Tpo -c >../../ace/OS_NS_stdio.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libACE_la-OS_NS_stdio.o >../../ace/OS_NS_stdio.cpp: In function `int ACE_OS::fprintf(FILE*, >const wchar_t*, ...)': >../../ace/OS_NS_stdio.cpp:242: error: `::vfwprintf' has not been >declared > >Can someone helps me? I took a look at http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/integrated.html and I don't see any HPUX builds that use G++, so you may need to either figure this out yourself (probably a missing header file so...

if time = 3 seconds, how do i set the values of the time steps 0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0 to -9999 from time =3 seconds
Hi &nbsp; I have 18 inputs (arrays) which contain certain statistics and if time&nbsp;&nbsp;= 3 seconds, set the values of time step 5.0 to -9999.0. &nbsp; I was wondering if there is an efficient way to do this without using a lot of case statements? &nbsp; Thank you. Hello AdrianT, it's not really clear to me what you want to do... I suspect: you have an array containing values and you want to output them with a fixed timing of 3 seconds: you should use a for loop autoindexing trough your array and sending the value to your indicator/output/whatever. Put a "wait for next multiple" into your for loop. Or do you want to have a minimum time delay of 3 seconds? Again use a for loop, get the time value and use a InRange&amp;Coerce with minimum set to 3 seconds... Or you should explain more precisely what you need... Hi Thanks for that. Let me explain. &nbsp; The time may vary. Let me give an example. if time&nbsp; = 2.1, I want to set the time step's &nbsp;3.0 and 5.0's values to -9999.0. if the time =0.1 seconds then I want to set 0.2,0.3, 0.5 etc values to -9999.0 etc .................................................................... &nbsp; Can you please help? Thank you. Hello TUDS, do you use different accounts/nicknames ? Well, that's easy, at least for a sorted array: Search for your time-value in the array (Threshold 1D array). Fill all elements from that index till the end with your "error...

[tao-users] file handles with ACE/TAO 5.5.0/1.5.0
Hi * We are running a multi-daemon system with a central "dispatcher" ORB connecting to number of decentral ORBs (up to 400). The "dispatcher" also occasionally opens files to write status data to disk. The system is running as 32bit app on Solaris 9. Things went fine as long as we used ACE/TAO 5.4.0/1.4.0 but since we switched to 5.5.0/1.5.0 we have a problem with the number of used file handles. According to the "pfiles" command the number of used filehandles is much larger than before and it seems that every connection to another ORB stays alive as long as the system runs. Since this gets us well beyond 256 file handles the occasional writing to a real file fails. We have tried both uiop and iiop connections to the different ORBs but that didn´t change anything. We also tried "-ORBKeepalive 0" and "-ORBLingerTimeout 10" but that didn ´t help either. Does anyone have any hints for me where the problem could be located or what to try next? Thx heiko On Friday, June 30, 2006 10:04:55 AM UTC+3, Heiko Jansen wrote: > Hi * >=20 > We are running a multi-daemon system with a central "dispatcher" ORB=20 > connecting to number of decentral ORBs (up to 400). The "dispatcher"=20 > also occasionally opens files to write status data to disk. > The system is running as 32bit app on Solaris 9. >=20 > Things went fine as long as we u...

[ace-users] When is planed to release the ACE 5.5 and TAO 1.5 ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C54673.3AF6A756 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi. When is planed to release the ACE 5.5 and TAO 1.5? =20 Thank You Best regards. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C54673.3AF6A756 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" = xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" = xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" = xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"> <head> <META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dus-ascii"> <meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium)"> <style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:#606420; text-decoration:underline;} span.EmailStyle17 {mso-style-type:personal-compose; font-family:Arial; color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.2...

Error while ACE 5.3.1 or 5.4.1 compiling and installing by MinGW 3.3.3
Hi, I have installed MinGW packages: binutils-2.13.90-20030111-1.tar.gz gcc-core-3.3.3-20040217-1.tar.gz gcc-g++-3.3.3-20040217-1.tar.gz mingw-runtime-3.3.tar.gz w32api-2.5.tar.gz Also I've configured environment due to ACE-INSTALL.html according MinGW compiler. OS: WinXP SP2. $ACE_ROOT=F:\ACE531 I get next compiling error: F:\ACE531\ace>gmake gmake.EXE[1]: Entering directory `F:/ACE531/ace' d:\Utils\Unix\diff.EXE: -: Invalid argument gmake.EXE[1]: Leaving directory `F:/ACE531/ace' gmake.EXE[1]: Entering directory `F:/ACE531/ace' d:/Utils/Unix/gmake.EXE -f Makefile.dirs SUBDIR_TARGET=all RMCast.subdir gmake.EXE[2]: Entering directory `F:/ACE531/ace' d:/Utils/Unix/gmake.EXE -f Makefile -C RMCast all gmake.EXE[3]: Entering directory `F:/ACE531/ace/RMCast' Installing libACE_RMCast.dll -> F:\ACE531/ace d:\Utils\Unix\cp.EXE: F:ACE531aceRMCast/libACE_RMCast.dll: No such file or directory Installing libACE_RMCast.dll -> F:\ACE531/ace d:\Utils\Unix\cp.EXE: F:ACE531aceRMCast/libACE_RMCast.dll: No such file or directory gmake.EXE[3]: *** [F:\ACE531/ace/libACE_RMCast.dll] Error 1 gmake.EXE[3]: Leaving directory `F:/ACE531/ace/RMCast' gmake.EXE[2]: *** [RMCast.subdir] Error 2 gmake.EXE[2]: Leaving directory `F:/ACE531/ace' gmake.EXE[1]: *** [all.nested] Error 2 gmake.EXE[1]: Leaving directory `F:/ACE531/ace' d:\Utils\Unix\gmake.EXE: *** [all] Error 2 There are no folder separators in path (for exampl...

[ace-users] Tests failed : ACE 5.5.2 - AIX 5.3
Hi, My first mail before my message in the group failed (my subscription was not activated). The PRF below describes my problems. I can compile and link but several ACE's tests fail. I only use ACE library and only compile it by cd'ing in the ace directory before running make. I already made some fixes described below to compile and to link the library. I'm not abble to interpret the faild tests to identify the problem source or area. I didn't find the scoreboard before my mail. I see that several tests fails for all compilations on AIX. I try to reassure myself by looking these results, it's not only for my configuration. But it's a daily build with last development version. For the 5.5.2 stable version they should probably not fail ? Regards, PO Houot. ACE VERSION: 5.5.2 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: bash-3.00$ uname -a AIX localhost 3 5 0040983B4C00 unknown unknown AIX bash-3.00$ oslevel -r 5300-05 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: Same as host COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): bash-3.00$ g++ -v Using built-in specs. Target: powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0 Configured with: ../gcc-4.1.1/configure --disable-nls Thread model: aix gcc version 4.1.1 This compiler is installed from packages provided by UCLA AIX Software library THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE : bash-3.00$ more $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h #include "ace/config-aix-5.x.h" T...

RE: [tao-users] ACE/TAO 5.5/1.5 and vxWorks
Chip, Thanks for your reply. Yes, the platform_vxworks6.2.GNU file already added -mrtp if rtp == 1, but for some reason __RTP__ was still not being defined. I will investigate that more... Thanks again, Heber -----Original Message----- From: owner-tao-users@cse.wustl.edu [mailto:owner-tao-users@cse.wustl.edu]On Behalf Of Chip Jones Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 11:55 AM To: tao-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Re: [tao-users] ACE/TAO 5.5/1.5 and vxWorks Hi Heber, __RTP__ should be defined by the VxWorks preprocessor based on the -mrtp option. Does the compile line include "-mrtp"? If not, it needs to be added to your CXXFLAGS. I don't know how extensive RTP support in TAO 1.5 is, but we are working on an RTP version of OCI's TAO 1.4a for one of our clients. We also did a port of ACE to RTP for a different client shortly after VxWorks 6.0 RTP was released. We will be making our current changes available when they are complete, and we do plan on continuing to support VxWorks RTP, so Let us know if we can be of assistance to you. Thanks, Chip Jones Object Computing, Inc. > -------- Original Message -------- > Subject: [tao-users] ACE/TAO 5.5/1.5 and vxWorks > Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:55:43 -0600 > From: heber.b.bennion@L-3Com.com > To: tao-users@cs.wustl.edu > > ACE VERSION: 5.5 > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > Linux 2.6.11-6mdk on Intel Pentium > ...

ACE migration from 5.3 to 5.4.1 ACE_Svc_Tuple does not exist in ACE 5.4.1
To: ace-bugs@cs.wustl.edu Subject: [area]: [synopsis] ACE VERSION: 5.4.1 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): ACE_wrappers]$ gcc --version gcc (GCC) 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5) Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. make static_libs=1 shared_libs=1 inline=1 threads=1 exceptions=1 fast=1 ssl=1 CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h ln -s $ACE_ROOT/ace/config-linux.h $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU: ln -s $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_linux.GNU $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? LINKING? EXECUTION? OTHER (please specify)? ACE is OK. My application is affected. SYNOPSIS: DESCRIPTION: We are migrating from ACE 5.3 on Solaris to Linux RedHat 9 ACE 5.4.1. Our application is using ACE_Svc_Tuple class. This class has disappeared from ACE 5.4.1 source code. Documentation or ChangeLog does not provide migration strategy. Question: What is the migration solution for ACE_Svc_Tuple? Thank You Chris REPEAT BY: Chris SAMPLE FIX/WORKAROUND: [If available ] Hi > To: ace-bugs@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: [area]: [synopsis] > > ACE VERSION...

[tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.3 released
Hi, Thanks to the substantial efforts by many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the new x.5.3 ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. The latest beta has been tagged ACE+TAO+CIAO-5_5_3. It is available from the *new* download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ The doxygen documentation for the beta is available. We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 94% for the TAO tests. Please see http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a summary of these tests. As always, we appreciate your help in resolving the remaining problems. Please see ACE_ROOT/docs/ACE-bug-process.html for an overview of our bug fixing policies. The following is a list of key changes since the last release. Please refer to the correspo...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.3 released
[...]

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.0 won't compile after GCC upgrade (3.3.3 -> 3.4.3)
Hi Tom, > > > The "resolution" was to upgrade to ACE-5.4.3 or later, which has > > > code fixes to help with the newer compiler. Not sure how > much would > > > need to change, but you may be able to inspect the differences in > > > that part of the code wrt the newer ACE release to backport the > > > fixes. > > Thanks, I've downloaded and am building. Is ACE-5.4.3 the latest > > production release ? > > Well, the definition of "production release" for ACE is a bit murky > imho. Production release is one with 2 numbers. E.g., 5.4 > The developers on this list (almost) always recommend using the > latest package, which is typically labeled a "beta release". > The latest > would be 5.4.4. The developers always recommend *not* using the > "production release", since the next release labeled "beta" > is always a bug-fix-only release. I believe I qualify as a "developer", but have a different take. Production releases are tested well, and often better than the BFO beta. There may be fixes in BFO, but there may be additional bugs also - it happened at 5.4.1. For those wishing to adopt a version of ACE and stick with it, you'll need a version you can get support (fixes and advice) for. For example, Riverace supports releases (e.g., 5.4) and fix kits that Riverace releases for those (i...

[ace-users] [ACE 5.5] Upgrade from ACE 5.4.7 to ACE 5.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --Boundary_(ID_ogLNJ2XjtOnI/qoGYuqYNQ) Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT ACE VERSION: 5.5 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Intel, WindowsXp, Windows 2003 AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: Our team has upgraded from ACE 5.4.7 to ACE 5.5. I am submitting this email as a service for the ace members that considure upgrading to ACE 5.5 and using the same platform and features we are using from the ACE Frameworks library. After running a regression test the upgrade seemed to work without any problems. The only problem we encountered was a compilation error when construction ACE_Time_Value. The ACE_Time_Value cannot be constructed anymore from an integer. For example: ACE_Time_Value( 5 ) --> Compile error DESCRIPTION: We are using ACE_WIN32_Proactor with sockets, pipes and directory changes. BOTTOM LINE: If you are an ace user who are using the same platform and architecture you could upgrade to the new framework knowing that somewhere in the world (Israel/Onigma) the upgrade worked perfectly and nightly. ~ Ishay Software Architect Onigma Ltd. Tel: +972-3-6877315 Fax: +972-3-6877128 Mobile: +972-54-2325090 Email: ishay@onigma.com --Boundary_(ID_ogLNJ2XjtOnI/qoGYuqYNQ) Content-type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-transfer-encoding: 7BI...

Re: [ace-users] compiling issue on Sun 5.8 with ACE 5.3 #2 #3
Hi, Are we still talking about ACE problems, looks now that you have a problem in your application code. What for code is in Global.h on line 43? Johnny "Manish Jain" <mjain@itangel.com> wrote in message news:<00a101c34b71$cbf5b110$5ec809c0@angels.com>... > Can you please also lookint to the following error as well: > > > Compiling /v/sbansal/out/temp/playground/ExecAgent.o > /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -temp=/v/sbansal/out/temp -g -c -Bdynamic -ldl > -mt -libr > ary=iostream,rwtools7 -DACE_HAS_EXCEPTIONS -o > /v/sbansal/out/temp/playground/Ex > ecAgent.o -I/v/sbansal/out/include/playground > -I/exe/tibco/tibrv5/include -I/v/s > bansal/out/include/common -I/v/sbansal/out/include/utils > -I/v/sbansal/out/includ > e/transport -I/usr/ACE_wrappers src/ExecAgent.cc > "/v/sbansal/out/include/playground/Global.h", line 43: Warning: String > literal c > onverted to char* in initialization. > "/opt/SUNWspro/WS6U2/include/CC/rw7/rw/defs.h", line 316: Error: A > typedef name > cannot be used in an elaborated type specifier.. > "/opt/SUNWspro/WS6U2/include/CC/rw7/rw/defs.h", line 317: Error: A > typedef name > cannot be used in an elaborated type specifier.. > "/opt/SUNWspro/WS6U2/include/CC/rw7/rw/defs.h", line 318: Error: A > typedef name > cannot be used in an elaborated type specifier.. > "/opt/SUNWspro/WS6U2/include/CCios/rlocks.h"...

[ace-users] Re: How can I use ACE(Latest Beta Kit) for AIX version 5.3/5.2 and VisualAge C++ 7.0/6.0 for AIX on machine IBM P690? \
Hi Oliana, Thanks very much for your email. Please make sure to send all questions related to TAO or ACE to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO newsgroup, rather than to me directly since I travel frequently and often don't have ready access to email. See http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html for more info on how to access these resources. > I want to use ACE.tar.bz2(Latest Beta Kit) on AIX version 5.3,Now > I'm writing application program base on ACE.tar.bz2 (Latest Beta > Kit) and testing ACE.tar.bz2(Latest Beta Kit) on AIX version 5.2 for > IBM P690 and using VisualAge C++ 6.0 and VisualAge C++ 7.0,It?s very > strange ,the ACE.tar.bz2 was compiled successful,But the application > program can?t be compiled success,There are a lot of problems.It has > reported a lot of mistakes of STL head file in VisualAge ,and then > It told me there are something wrong in VisualAge C++ 6.0/7.0's head > file.I don't know why,Then ,I written testing code ,only have tested > VisualAge C++ 6.0 and VisualAge C++ 7.0 for AIX version 5.2's head > file already,the compiler was compiling and running up to snuff,no > mistake in head file.And you know ,When I put the same application > program and ACE.tar.bz2(Latest Beta Kit) in Redhatlinux for PC and > Turbo linux for IBM eServe BladeCenter, there are no mistakes,and > It?s normally compiling and running so fast.So,I don?t know why,what > happ...

[ace-users] Debian packages available for ACE+TAO 5.5.9+1.5.9
Hello, I've just uploaded Debian packages for ACE+TAO 5.5.9+1.5.9 to http://thomas.g.girard.free.fr/ace They are targetted for Debian experimental but should install in Debian unstable without problem. These packages use autotools for compilation; please test and report any problem with these packages. Thanks, Thomas ...

[ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.10, STLPORT, GCC 3.3 & SunOS 5.8
Hi Rajesh, >> 1] I'm using the configure script to create the makefiles. I don't >> see any option to specify I would like to use STLPORT instead of >> libstdc++. How do I set this? Of course, I can hack the makefile >> to add this path, but is this the recommended method or is there a >> better option? Chad/J.T., is there some way to do this? >> If anyone has this working, inputs are greatly appreciated. >> 2] Does ace internally use STL? Not very much. >> I can see some configure options while configuring ace which >> relates to STL, do I have to set some option to tell ACE not to use >> STL internally or are ACE STL like functions independent of STL? Yes, that's the goal. If you run into problems please use the PRF and let us know. Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

[ciao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO x.5.3 released
[...]

[ace-users] Re: Use of ACE 5.3.x on a Pentium based processor with VxWorks 5.5
Hi Sean, >> I am planning to use ACE 5.3.x on a Pentium based processor with vxworks 5.x >> (VxWorks 5.5 likely) on a real time system that uses1553, serial, ethernet, >> etc. Without a hardware yet available, could anyone tell me if ACE serial >> I/O works? I have read many posts about the problems of ACE serial I/O on >> VxWorks system. >> >> I understand I have to create something for 1553. I am trying to avoid any >> other complications so I can bring the project up quickly. I recommend that you contact either Malcolm Spence <spence_m@ociweb.com> or Johnny Willemsen <jwillemsen@remedy.nl>, who work for companies that provide commercial support for ACE+TAO on VxWorks. Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science FAX: (615) 343-7440 Vanderbilt University WEB: www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ Nashville, TN 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

Web resources about - [tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released - comp.soft-sys.ace