[tao-users] ACE/TAO 6.3.3/2.3.3 RPMs available!

Hi,

We have uploaded the new micro release to OpenSuSE Build Service which
now provides RPMs for this new micro release. For more details see
ORBzone.org at http://www.orbzone.org/node/387

Best regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT
Looking for support and consultancy related to ACE/TAO, see
http://www.theaceorb.nl!
0
Johnny

[ace-users] ACE/TAO 6.3.3/2.3.3 RPMs available!
Hi, We have uploaded the new micro release to OpenSuSE Build Service which now provides RPMs for this new micro release. For more details see ORBzone.org at http://www.orbzone.org/node/387 Best regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Looking for support and consultancy related to ACE/TAO, see http://www.theaceorb.nl! ...

[ace-announce] ACE/TAO 6.3.3/2.3.3 RPMs available!
Hi, We have uploaded the new micro release to OpenSuSE Build Service which now provides RPMs for this new micro release. For more details see ORBzone.org at http://www.orbzone.org/node/387 Best regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Looking for support and consultancy related to ACE/TAO, see http://www.theaceorb.nl! ...

[tao-announce] ACE/TAO 6.3.3/2.3.3 RPMs available!
Hi, We have uploaded the new micro release to OpenSuSE Build Service which now provides RPMs for this new micro release. For more details see ORBzone.org at http://www.orbzone.org/node/387 Best regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Looking for support and consultancy related to ACE/TAO, see http://www.theaceorb.nl! ...

Re: [tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released #2 #2
Hi Alex, > What are OCI's plan's for a supported TAO 1.4 release and developer > guide? Will this effect the release of the 1.3 guide? This is an excellent question - I'm sure Malcolm Spence will pitch in when he has a chance and I suspect that OCI will be supporting TAO 1.4 in due time. None of the changes in TAO 1.4 should affect the relevance of the info in the TAO 1.3 developer's guide - there's just more new stuff to document as time permits. Take care, Doug ...

[ace-users] RE: ACE/TAO build problems on Solaris 2.8 using gcc 3.3.6 #2
Hi, > -----Original Message----- > From: Douglas C. Schmidt [mailto:schmidt@cse.wustl.edu] > Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 9:09 AM > To: nealweston@bellsouth.net; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu; > parsons@dre.vanderbilt.edu > Subject: Re: ACE/TAO build problems on Solaris 2.8 using gcc 3.3.6 > > Hi Neal, > > >> I am trying to build ACE-5.5 and TAO-1.5 on a SPARC > Solaris 2.8 system > >> using gcc 3.3.6 and GNU make 3.80. > >> > >> The build is failing in > ACE_wrappers/build/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs (output > ...

ACE 6.3.0 and TAO 2.3.0 RPMs now available
Hi, With the help of OpenSuSE build service we are now providing RPMs for ACE 6.3.0 and TAO 2.3.0. For an overview of all platforms and download links see ORBzone.org at http://orbzone.org/node/367 Remedy IT is providing services and support for this new minor release, for more information check our website at http://www.theaceorb.nl Best regards, Johnny Willemsen CTO Remedy IT http://nl.linkedin.com/in/johnnywillemsen/ ...

Re: [tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released #2
Hi Tom, > We are currently arm-wrestling with TAO-1.3.3 on VxWorks-5.5/Tornado-2.2 > built with non-native exceptions and with implicit templates. Implicit > templates are desirable since we are now using STL and those nested > templates make explicit instantiation almost impossible. Non-native > exceptions are important since native exceptions lead to a factor of 4.5 > increase in code size (!!). > > Implicit templates cause trouble with singletons, since the VxWorks-2.x > loader does not respect weakly-defined symbols, so one can not load > multiple mo...

RE: [ace-users] ACE 5.3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01BC_01C5D46D.2EF26B10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Praveen, =20 Riverace will have an AIX 5.3/Visual Age 7 machine running next week. We have a sponsor for porting ACE 5.4 to the platform. If you'd like to sponsor us porting back to ACE 5.3, please let me know. =20 Best regards, =20 -Steve -- Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation "How to Use ACE Effectively" class Oct 17-19! See http://www.riverace.com/training.htm -...

[ace-users] Re: ACE/TAO build problems on Solaris 2.8 using gcc 3.3.6
Hi Neal, >> I am trying to build ACE-5.5 and TAO-1.5 on a SPARC Solaris 2.8 system >> using gcc 3.3.6 and GNU make 3.80. >> >> The build is failing in ACE_wrappers/build/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs (output >> included below) and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to >> what the problem may be. >> >> What is puzzling to me is that the lines in question are all comment >> lines. For example the "01.ps" invalid token on line 15 of >> CosProperty.idl is from the following comment line: >> >> //...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.3.3 available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the bug fix ony release of ACE 6.3.3, TAO 2.3.3, CIAO 1.3.3, and DAnCE 1.3.3, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We enc...

[tao-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.3.3 available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the bug fix ony release of ACE 6.3.3, TAO 2.3.3, CIAO 1.3.3, and DAnCE 1.3.3, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit". The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We enc...

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.0 won't compile after GCC upgrade (3.3.3 -> 3.4.3) #2
Hi Colm, Ok, thanks for that explanation. I solved this a different way for a similar problem that showed up with Visual Age C++ on AIX 5.2... When the 5.4.5 beta comes out, please try this again and hopefully no further workarounds will be needed. Thanks, -Steve -- Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation Adding Service to Open Source Software ACE book info at http://www.riverace.com/acebooks/ > -----Original Message----- > From: Colm McHugh [mailto:cmchugh@callixa.com] > Sent: We...

[tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released
Hi We are happy to announce a new beta of ACE-5.3.5, TAO-1.3.5 and CIAO-0.3.5. This beta comes with new ORB level services that were developed over the past few months by folks at Washington University and University of Rhode Island. Please see the release notes attached with this email for more information. As usual the latest release is available at: http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta will be updated in the next few hours! We highly encourage you to download the present beta and use it with your applications and let us know if there are any p...

[tao-users] Re: ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi folks, It's been a long time (5 months) since we put out the x.4.2 ACE+TAO+CIAO beta, and the current x.4.3 beta contains many improvements, fixes, and new features. It would be great if you could put this through its paces and let us know what problems you find so we can fix them ASAP. We plan to release the x.4.4 beta fairly soon (i.e., within a month), so your thorough testing will greatly improve its stability and portabilty! Thanks very much, Doug >> Since this is the season of giving, we are happy to announce a new beta >> of ACE-5....

Web resources about - [tao-users] ACE/TAO 6.3.3/2.3.3 RPMs available! - comp.soft-sys.ace