[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] Re: How to use Any>>=OctetSeq in TAO 1.3.6? #2

Hi,

> > Heiko, could you try to add TAO_Export to front of the operators in
> > OctetSeqA.h and then rebuild TAO and you app. I think the linker
> > errors should be gone.
>
> this is the solution! Thank you :-)

Thanks for the feedback. I have just committed the fix into the repo and
this will be in the 1.4 release.

Regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT
Leeghwaterstraat 25
2811 DT Reeuwijk
The Netherlands
www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl

0
jwillemsen (274)

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] Re: How to use Any>>=OctetSeq in TAO 1.3.6?
Hi, I just had a quick look. It looks to me the that TAO_Export macro is missing from OctetSeqA.h for the operators. Also the include of pre/post files is missing. Heiko, could you try to add TAO_Export to front of the operators in OctetSeqA.h and then rebuild TAO and you app. I think the linker errors should be gone. Bala, shouldn't we add pre/post includes and TAO_Export to the archive files? Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of > Balachandran Natarajan > Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 6:09 PM > To: Douglas C. Schmidt > Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: [ace-users] Re: How to use Any>>=OctetSeq in TAO 1.3.6? > > Hi > > > >> while checking how an upgrade from TAO 1.2.4 to 1.3.6 affects my > > >> programs I found that there were changes to the CORBA::OctetSeq, > > >> that prevents the operator>>= for CORBA::Any to CORBA::OctetSeq > > >> from working. > > >> > > >> The needed declarations now are in OctetSeqA.h/.cpp. > When including > > >> OctetSeqA.h into my files, compiling works but the > linker is missing > > >> the function implementation. > > Grr.. Coudl you please see whether OctetSeqA.obj i...

[ace-users] Re: ACE/TAO build problems on Solaris 2.8 using gcc 3.3.6
Hi Neal, >> I am trying to build ACE-5.5 and TAO-1.5 on a SPARC Solaris 2.8 system >> using gcc 3.3.6 and GNU make 3.80. >> >> The build is failing in ACE_wrappers/build/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs (output >> included below) and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to >> what the problem may be. >> >> What is puzzling to me is that the lines in question are all comment >> lines. For example the "01.ps" invalid token on line 15 of >> CosProperty.idl is from the following comment line: >> >> // ftp://ftp.omg.org/pub/docs/1995/95-06-01.ps >> >> If I replace the "//" style comments with "/* ... */" style comments >> the errors go away. Wow, that's pretty weird. I recommend you upgrade to a newer version of GCC - perhaps there's a problem with the version of CPP that's being used on your platform since that's what the TAO IDL compiler uses under the hood to pre-process the IDL files. If you check out our Solaris autobuilds for TAO at http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ you'll see that we're running with GCC 3.4.3 and 4.0.2 and they work fine. Jeff, do you see anything obvious here? Thanks, Doug >> If any additional information would be useful please let me know and I >> will be happy to provide it. >> >> Making all in orbsvcs >> /fs30/t...

Re: [tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released #2 #2
Hi Alex, > What are OCI's plan's for a supported TAO 1.4 release and developer > guide? Will this effect the release of the 1.3 guide? This is an excellent question - I'm sure Malcolm Spence will pitch in when he has a chance and I suspect that OCI will be supporting TAO 1.4 in due time. None of the changes in TAO 1.4 should affect the relevance of the info in the TAO 1.3 developer's guide - there's just more new stuff to document as time permits. Take care, Doug ...

[tao-users] Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO
Hi, >> My only guess is that all of the libs you are linking in your >> builds were not compiled with a consistent set of options. Right, my recommendation would be to completely blow away your existing ACE+TAO x.5 directory, download a fresh version, and start from a clean slate. It sounds like you may have things lying around from previous build attempts. Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

Re: [tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released #2
Hi Tom, > We are currently arm-wrestling with TAO-1.3.3 on VxWorks-5.5/Tornado-2.2 > built with non-native exceptions and with implicit templates. Implicit > templates are desirable since we are now using STL and those nested > templates make explicit instantiation almost impossible. Non-native > exceptions are important since native exceptions lead to a factor of 4.5 > increase in code size (!!). > > Implicit templates cause trouble with singletons, since the VxWorks-2.x > loader does not respect weakly-defined symbols, so one can not load > multiple modules which reference the same templated singleton. Our > workaround involves using RTTI and implementing a "singleton registry" > to enable proper singleton behavior. This strategy works for our > production code based on TAO-1.2.1, and hopefully we'll finish off our > move to TAO-1.3.3 sometime soon. > > I've mentioned this on-list once or twice, and had positive feedback on > incorporating fixes or changes to move working code into the TAO tree. > We haven't until recently had time to consider moving away from > TAO-1.2.1, so patches would not have helped. I'd like to post (working) > patches to the list for feedback, and I'd like to do this in time for > consideration to move this code into the next TAO release if deemed > appropriate. Either way we should have something to contribute to our > VxWorks br...

[ace-users] RE: [tao-users] Borland Developer Studio 2006 with ACE/TAO #2
Hi, The x.4.8 version of ACE/TAO is supported with BCB2006, we have some linker warnings/errors in some configurations, Borland is working on these for Update2, but these are not causing a problem. See ACE_wrappers/ACE-INSTALL.html for info about how to use it. We deliver also commercial support for using BCB2006 with ACE/TAO. See www.theaceorb.nl for our services. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > -----Original Message----- > From: Espen Harlinn [mailto:espen@harlinn.no] > Sent: donderdag 2 februari 2006 18:06 > To: jwillemsen@remedy.nl > Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: RE: [tao-users] Borland Developer Studio 2006 with ACE/TAO > > Hi, > > I'm curious about the current status of ACE/TAO and C++ Builder 2006. > Borland shipped the promised fix/update some time ago, but I > couldn't find > anything about how it works with ACE/TAO. > > Regards > Espen Harlinn > > ...

[ace-users] Re: Memory leak, new(UNINT) in TAO(1.2.1) ACE (5.2.1) ?
Hi Ludovic, >> we face a memory leak detected by rationnal purify, using a server in >> tao 1.2.1 and ace 5.2.1 : new(UINT). To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. >> Did anybody encouter this issue ? >> Is it solved in recent version of TAO/ACE ? The version of ACE+TAO you're using an ANCIENT. Please upgrade to TAO 1.4.4, which you can download from http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html under the heading "latest beta kit". Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

Re: [ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] RE: Module->open() #2
Hi, >> I guess I'm just pushing the limits a bit and trying to avoid >> writing a whole bunch of new code. This is a time-honored way in which ACE evolves. >> I view ACE_Stream/Module/Task as a good vehicle for a >> component-based design of network protocol processing that includes >> complex/stateful behaviors. Right, I agree. >> The Streams framework has components and behaviors relevant to >> dynamically configuring services which consist of a set of >> cooperating sub-objects. I understand that the assumption in >> Streams is that these sub-objects are linearly (bi-directonally) >> associated and that they contain exactly two ACE_Tasks. Right, each ACE_Module contains two ACE_Tasks, though an ACE_Task can contain as many pointers to ACE_Tasks as it wants, thereby making it possible to have arbitrarily complex plumbing. >> But in fact this there's not much in the code that requires this to >> be the case, and the System V Streams / PIPE&FILTER abstraction >> doesn't have to be taken quite so litterally. E.g., what if I had >> three tasks in a module where the third task dynamically monitored >> the queue sizes of the other two? You could either subclass from ACE_Module and add another ACE_Task to it or you could use the technique I described above and have one or both of the ACE_Tasks contain other ACE_Tasks. >> E....

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] ACE/TAO on Solaris 10
Hi, There have been some replies. People do have things working on Solaris and there have been made fixes in ACE/TAO. Could you wait another week or so and try the x.4.8 or try cvs, see http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > Dear list members, > > (I sent this message couple of days ago and am unsure if it > was distributed, > thus re-sending it again. I apologize if you received it more > than once) > > I would like to give feedback regarding availability of > ACE/TAO (versions > 5.4.7 and 1.4.7 respectively) on OpenSolaris (Solaris 10) > Intel platform. > > Sun is selectively releasing source code of the Solaris 10 under an > open-source license. Details of this project and installable Solaris > binaries can be found on here: > http://www.opensolaris.org > > Sun has also released Forte compiler set in binary form to > the OpenSolaris > community. A Quote from their website: "Sun Studio 10 > software is freely > available to participants in the OpenSolaris community for > development on > both OpenSolaris and Solaris[tm] Operating Systems on > SPARC-based systems > and x86-based systems, as well as on Linux." You can get > access to Forte > compilers from the OpenSolaris website as well but you should register...

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.0 won't compile after GCC upgrade (3.3.3 -> 3.4.3)
Hi Tom, > > > The "resolution" was to upgrade to ACE-5.4.3 or later, which has > > > code fixes to help with the newer compiler. Not sure how > much would > > > need to change, but you may be able to inspect the differences in > > > that part of the code wrt the newer ACE release to backport the > > > fixes. > > Thanks, I've downloaded and am building. Is ACE-5.4.3 the latest > > production release ? > > Well, the definition of "production release" for ACE is a bit murky > imho. Production release is one with 2 numbers. E.g., 5.4 > The developers on this list (almost) always recommend using the > latest package, which is typically labeled a "beta release". > The latest > would be 5.4.4. The developers always recommend *not* using the > "production release", since the next release labeled "beta" > is always a bug-fix-only release. I believe I qualify as a "developer", but have a different take. Production releases are tested well, and often better than the BFO beta. There may be fixes in BFO, but there may be additional bugs also - it happened at 5.4.1. For those wishing to adopt a version of ACE and stick with it, you'll need a version you can get support (fixes and advice) for. For example, Riverace supports releases (e.g., 5.4) and fix kits that Riverace releases for those (i...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi Folks, Thanks again to everyone from the DOC group and the ACE+TAO+CIAO user communities who helped get the x.3.6 beta out the door. As Bala mentioned, it's really important to get your feedback before we release the ACE+TAO+CIAO x.4 release since that will become the baseline for the next round of commercially supported products. I know it's a busy time of year for lots of people, but we'd really appreciate your help testing this beta to ensure that the forthcoming official x.4 release will work well on as many platforms as possible! Thanks very much, Doug When will the x.4 release be out? Ed "Douglas C. Schmidt" <schmidt@cs.wustl.edu> wrote in message news:200312181713.LAA27082@ace.cs.wustl.edu... > > Hi Folks, > > Thanks again to everyone from the DOC group and the > ACE+TAO+CIAO user communities who helped get the x.3.6 beta out the > door. As Bala mentioned, it's really important to get your feedback > before we release the ACE+TAO+CIAO x.4 release since that will become > the baseline for the next round of commercially supported products. > I know it's a busy time of year for lots of people, but we'd really > appreciate your help testing this beta to ensure that the forthcoming > official x.4 release will work well on as many platforms as possible! > > Thanks very much, > > Doug Hi Ed, >> When will the x.4 release be out? Early Janua...

Re: [ace-users] Building ACE+TAO x.6.4 with MFC using VS 9.0 #2
Hi Folks, The following posting is courtesy of Simon Massey. Thanks, Doug > Subject: RE: Building ACE+TAO x.6.4 with MFC using VS 9.0 > Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 04:09:01 -0400 > From: "Simon Massey" <Simon.Massey@prismtech.com> > To: "Johnny.Willemsen" <jwillemsen@remedy.nl>, > <> > Cc: <ace-users@cs.wustl.edu> > > As far as I know, if you define an microsoft MFC project, i.e. an application that IS an MFC application, that MWC/MPC project should include ace_mfc as a base project, either directly or by adding -base ace_mfc to the MWC/MPC command. This tells MWC/MPC to force ACE_HAS_MFC as a define onto the compiler line, thus all source has this macro defined correctly and a microsoft MFC application results. > > If you are not using MWC/MPC to generate your project files (for example creating a new MFC project), I believe this is also how microsoft do it, adding the _AFX define (or whatever it is) to the compiler lines; therefore to include ace MFC style libraries you would also need to add ACE_HAS_MFC as well. > > Isn't this the same "configurational" problem that you were talking about yesterday? > > I'll have a quick look at the missing CACE_Init_TestDlg class, as soon as I can, but as far as I was concerned I wasn't trying to get all of the tests to be MFC applications with my mods, just building MFC compatiable li...

RE: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi, Please use the prf form and which configuration you build. I personally think you have an old version of ACE/TAO on the system that is used. Regards, Johnny > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Domingos Monteiro > Sent: donderdag 9 juni 2005 18:05 > To: Simon McQueen > Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: Re: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO - 5.4.6 + 1.4.6 + 0.4.6 released > > Hi, > > I've just dowloaded this version > I've started to compile ACE with > - MSVC 7.1 > - Win XP > And get the following link errors: > > Message_Block.obj : error LNK2005: "public: virtual void __thiscall > ACE_Deadline_Message_Strategy::convert_priority(class ACE_Time_Value > &,class ACE_Message_Block const &)" > (?convert_priority@ACE_Deadline_Message_Strategy@@UAEXAAVACE_T > ime_Value@@ABVACE_Message_Block@@@Z) > already defined in CDR_Size.obj > Message_Block.obj : error LNK2005: "public: virtual void __thiscall > ACE_Laxity_Message_Strategy::convert_priority(class ACE_Time_Value > &,class ACE_Message_Block const &)" > (?convert_priority@ACE_Laxity_Message_Strategy@@UAEXAAVACE_Tim > e_Value@@ABVACE_Message_Block@@@Z) > already defined in CDR_Size.obj > SString.obj : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall > ACE_NS_WString::ACE_N...

Re: [tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released
Hi Folks, It's been about a year since we released ACE 5.3 and TAO 1.3. We are therefore planning to release ACE 5.4 and TAO 1.4 by mid-December. The ACE+TAO x.3.5 beta that Venkita just announced will be the penultimate beta towards that goal. In addition to all the enhancements that he mentioned in the release notes, we also plan to add the following enhancements before the x.4 release: ---------------------------------------- .. ACE subsetting enhancements .. ORB footprint and compilation-time enhancements .. CORBA Security Service capabilities .. Load Balancing Service enhancements and bug fixes .. CIDL enhancements .. CIAO enhancements .. SCIOP fixes and enhancements .. Additional FT CORBA integration .. New Autoconf support .. Various fixes to parse-magic-bytes problems and problems with receiving GIOP message fragments. .. Impl Repo fixes ---------------------------------------- If there's something really important that you'd like to see go into the ACE+TAO x.4 release *and* you're willing to commit the time/resources necessary to ensure that this happens please let us know. Thanks, Doug A related question for OCI (and other companies supporting TAO I suppose): What are OCI's plan's for a supported TAO 1.4 release and developer guide? Will this effect the release of the 1.3 guide? Cheers, Alex. Douglas C. Schmidt wrote: >Hi Folks, > > It's been about a year since we rel...

[tao-users] Re: [ace-users] timestamps incorrect in ACE+TAO .tar.gz
Hi > It has just come to my attention that there are many files in the > ACE+TAO .tar.gz file with timestamps showing '1970-01-05'. Obviously > this is wrong and is the only reason why my packages have been > rejected from Debian ("file(s) with a time stamp too ancient"). > > Is there a possibility that this will be fixed. Or should I just > 'touch' all the problematic files? Could you please run a touch on them? I don't know how this happened. Strange. Opening and fiddling with the distribution would make quite a few things goofy! If you have problems doing it, please let me know. Thanks Bala On Wednesday 04 February 2004 21:23, Balachandran Natarajan wrote: > Could you please run a touch on them? I don't know how this > happened. Strange. Opening and fiddling with the distribution would > make quite a few things goofy! > > If you have problems doing it, please let me know. I used the command: touch `find . -mtime +3500` and it did the job. Konstantinos Hi, Host Machine and Operating System : Intel Pentium III, 860MHZ , 512MB RAM, Windows 2000 Professional(5.0, Build 2195) Service pack 3 Borland C++ Builder Professional Version 6.0 For use with Borland C++ Builder Professional Version 6.0 I downloaded the ACE-5.4+TAO-1.4 ( not the Beta Version) from the website. Followed the instructions on installing ACE........Installed fine Followed th...

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] Tao_idl core dumps during ACE/TAO build
Hi, Please upgrade to ACE+TAO x.4.7, which you can download from http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html under the heading "latest beta kit". The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the latest beta kit, as described in http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-bug-process.html Thus, if you need more "predictable" help, I recommend that you check out http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial support. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > TAO VERSION: 1.4.1 > ACE VERSION: 5.4.1 > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > Dell PowerEdge750, Slackware Linux 10.1.0 > > TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): > gcc version 3.3.4 > > AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: > CosConcurrencyControl.idl failed due to tao_idl core dump > > DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: > COMPILATION? Yes > $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h and > $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU > included below > LINKING? No > EXECUTION? No > OTHER (please specify)? No > > SYNOPSIS: > TAO fails to build because tao_...

Re: [ace-users] [tao-users] ACE/TAO ported to Sun Studio 12
Hi, > is this change included in the official release of ACT/TAO (and if yes > since which version)? This change will be part of the upcoming x.6.2 version. I am creating x.6.2 at this moment, when everything runs fine it will be available at the end of today. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl *** Integrated compile and test statistics see http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl *** *** Commercial service and support for ACE/TAO/CIAO *** *** See http://www.theaceorb.nl/en/support.html *** ...

Re: [ace-users] Re: [ace] compile error in mingw 3.2-rc1 (or w32api-3.2) #2
Hi, > oh. sorry. I just use ACE at studying. so I don't interested in > commercial support. (bad english. sorry. -_-) No problem with the English. Good that you are looking at ACE, it is very powerful, only the bad thing is you are using a new MinGW version that cause problems. > furthermore, I found cause about this error. it's placed in new > w32api's sys/stat.h. it define lstat as stat, so this make all > "lstat"s in ACE sources replace "stat". -_-a > > I tryed two modification (sorry for handy patch..) > 1. ace/config-win32-mingw.h, line 85 : insert below code > #define ACE_LACKS_LSTAT That is not a nice solution. > 2. ace/os_include/sys/os_stat.h, line 44 : insert below code > #if defined (__MINGW__) && (__MINGW32_MAJOR_VERSION >= 3) && > (__MINGW32_MINOR_VERSION >= 6) > #undef lstat > #undef _lstat > #endif > > it's okey. except ace/Name_Space.cpp, all code is compiled > successfully. ^_^ check this please. Ok. This should do the trick. But I have taken first another step, I have send an e-mail to the MinGW users mailing list to ask if the MinGW people can change this. They should make a normal function for lstat and handle the redirection to stat internally. Until the time being, you can use the workaround. What is the problem in ace/Name_Space.cpp? Johnny ...

RE: [ace-users] Re: [ace] compile error in mingw 3.2-rc1 (or w32api-3.2) #2
Hi, Please upgrade your mingw version to 3.7. This has been released today and contains the following fix below, they removed all defines which are just there to fool people. Your problems with MinGW should be gone now. Johnny 2005-01-13 Earnie Boyd <earnie@users.sf.net> * include/sys/stat.h (_S_IFLNK, S_IFLNK, _S_ISLNK, S_ISLNK, _lstat, lstat): Remove. * include/errno.h (ELOOP): Ditto. * include/_mingw.h: Increment version to 3.7. * Makefile.in: Ditto. > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Johnny Willemsen > Sent: maandag 10 januari 2005 19:11 > To: redwiki.net@gmail.com > Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: Re: [ace-users] Re: [ace] compile error in mingw > 3.2-rc1 (or w32api-3.2) > > Hi, > > > oh. sorry. I just use ACE at studying. so I don't interested in > > commercial support. (bad english. sorry. -_-) > > No problem with the English. Good that you are looking at > ACE, it is very > powerful, only the bad thing is you are using a new MinGW > version that cause > problems. > > > furthermore, I found cause about this error. it's placed in new > > w32api's sys/stat.h. it define lstat as stat, so this make all > > "lstat"s in ACE sources replace "stat". -_-a > > > > I tryed two modification (sorry ...

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] Error in $TAO_ROOT/tao on Cygwin #2
Hi, Thanks for the info, but I doubt this is a good change. At the moment I have sponsoring for improving the Cywin support we will setup a static build and monitor the status daily. Johnny > -----Original Message----- > From: Daniella Malin [mailto:daniella@lmtgtm.org] > Sent: donderdag 7 oktober 2004 17:13 > To: Johnny Willemsen > Cc: 'Daniella Malin'; 'Russ Leach'; 'Tao-Users' > Subject: Re: [ace-users] Error in $TAO_ROOT/tao on Cygwin > > Comments below > > Johnny Willemsen wrote: > > >Hi, > > > > > > > >>You suggested that I check if the > >>ACE_Wchar_Codeset_Translator is linked > >>into the ACE lib. > >>What I find is that the file in which WChar_Codeset_Translator is > >>defined, CDR_Stream.h, is > >>in the ACE lib and other classes defined in that file, such as > >>ACE_OutputCDR are linked into > >>the ACE lib but WChar_Codeset_Translator is not. > >>In fact, > >> > nm libACE.a | grep Translator > >>yields nothing. > >> > >>Since this step wasn't a problem in version x.4.1 I compared > >>CDR_Stream.h in the two > >>versions but nothing jumps out as the possible cause. > >> > >>You also suggested that I check that when you build x.4.2 I > don't link > >>by acc...

RE: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO #2
Hi, > >> In fact, I built ACE + TAO with all the default configuration. > >> Just created one file config.h in ACE_wrappers/ace, which > includes one line= > >> : > >> #include "ace/config-sunos5.10.h", and another file > >> ACE_wrappers/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU, > which includes only > >> one line: > $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU. > >> > >> Then I cd into ACE_wrappers/ace and run "gmake", and then cd into > >> ACE_wrappers/apps/gperf and ACE_wrappers/TAO and run "gmake". > >> There seems no problems during the building except > warnings about some > >> modules missed such as "x11" and "SSL". > >> > >> Yes, there is no CORBA::Environment & in the methods of > those generated stu= > >> b > >> and skelton files from my test IDL files. > >> > >> I mean there are macros such as ACE_ENV_ARG_DECL_WITH_DEFAULTS > >> in the methods of those *.h and *.cpp files in the > downloaded TAO's source > >> package (e.g. the _is_a(...) functions in > >> ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/PortableServer/Servant_Base.h and > >> ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/PortableServer/Servant_Base.cpp). So > I think it's not > >> related to building ACE +TAO. The macros...

RE: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C64CE3.591E106C Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, =20 >From the errors below, it looks like: =20 - You have either overridden the base class method _is_a() when it needs no overriding, or you have declared another method with the same name in your implementation class. =20 - You have used throw specs in methods and then have their implementations throw exceptions not in the list. =20 - You have used methods in ACE_Array_Map that don't exist. =20 =20 None of these things is related to exception handling, at least, to the question of whether exception handling is native or emulated. =20 Jeff _____ =20 From: Ji Soo [mailto:mycorba@gmail.com]=20 Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:51 AM To: Jeff Parsons Cc: Douglas C. Schmidt; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO =09 =09 Hi,=20 =20 Now I have download a fresh TAO's source package and built it. I compiled an idl file with tao_idl. =20 The command line is : tao_idl -Sc -Sp -Ge 2 -hc _c.hh -hs _s.hh -cs _c.cc -ss _s.cc -ci _c.i -si _s.i -Wb,pre_include=3Dace/pre.h -Wb,post_include=3Dace/post.h -I. MyTest.idl. =20 And then I compile the generated stub and skelton codes with my implementation codes. The command line is: ...

Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO #2
Hi, > However, all the codes are stub and skelton files generated from IDL > files. So I am puzzled. It sounds to me like you have do something like the following: .. Build TAO's ORB services using -Ge 2 option at some point, which would leave lots of stubs/skeletons around with the emulated exceptions. .. Then later gone back and rebuilt ACE+TAO using native exceptions and -Ge 1, but not cleaned up the stubs/skeletons generated earlier. That's why I recommend you TOTALLY start over from scratch and see if things work better. If this all seems like too much effort, please go ahead and purchase a precompiled version of ACE+TAO at nominal cost from OCI <http://www.theaceorb.com>. Thanks, Doug ------=_Part_9834_13545624.1143000995070 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline Hi, Thanks! Now I am just studying TAO. I have studied the codes. For example, for the warning: "MyNotifDefs_s.hh", line 160: Warning: POA_MyDefinitions::MyNotifDefs::MyCa= l lback::_is_a Hides the virtual function TAO_ServantBase::_is_a(const char*, CORBA::Environment&) in a virtual base. I read the codes in tao/PortableServer/Servant_Base.h and tao/Abstract_Servant_Base.h, especially the virtual function _is_a (...). I comment the line "CORBA::Environment&" in such virtual functions and then the warnin...

[ace-bugs] Re: [tao-users] JDK 1.4.2 client with TAO 1.4 server
Hi Amir, Thanks for using the PRF. >> TAO VERSION: 1.4 >> ACE VERSION: 5.4 >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Linux Red Hat 8 >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> Intel PC Windows 2000 >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> gcc version 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7) >> javac (sun JDK 1.4.2) >> AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: >> DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: >> COMPILATION? >> no >> LINKING? >> no >> EXECUTION? >> yes >> OTHER (please specify)? >> SYNOPSIS: >> I have a simple C++ server using TAO and running under linux and a simple java client using sun's build-in Java 2 ORB, which connects to the server using the corbaloc format. >> The client gets org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST exception. >> Here is the server's detailed log: >> TAO (21062|8192) - GIOP_Message_Base::dump_msg, recv GIOP v1.2 msg, 305 data bytes, other endian, Type Request[5] >> GIOP message - HEXDUMP 317 bytes >> 47 49 4f 50 01 02 00 00 00 00 01 31 00 00 00 05 GIOP.......1.... >> 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 25 00 00 00 00 ...........%.... >> 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................ >> 00 00 00 00 00 55 73 65 72 5f 46 61 63 74 6f 72 .....User_Factor >> 79 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 5f 69 73 5f 61 00 00 00 ...

Web resources about - [tao-users] RE: [ace-users] Re: How to use Any>>=OctetSeq in TAO 1.3.6? #2 - comp.soft-sys.ace