[tao-users] Re: [ace-users] Re: Query

Hi Bill,

Thanks very much for your email.  Please make sure to send all
questions related to TAO or ACE to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO
newsgroup, rather than to me directly.

> Actually this email is very appropriate.  We at The Weather Channel
> are attempting to build ACE+TAO version 5.4 on an AMD opteron using
> g++ 3.3.3.
>
> The only errors we have seen thus far and in a component that we don't really
> intend on using is:

This problem was fixed before the x.4.1 release, so if you download it
from

http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html

you'll get a working version on 64-bit platforms.

Thanks,

        Doug

> RTCosScheduling/RTCosScheduling_PCP_Manager.cpp: In member function `
>    TAO::CosSchedulingLockNode* TAO::CosSchedulingLockNode::next()':
> RTCosScheduling/RTCosScheduling_PCP_Manager.cpp:36: error: reinterpret_cast
>    from `TAO::CosSchedulingLockNode*' to `int' loses precision
> RTCosScheduling/RTCosScheduling_PCP_Manager.cpp: In member function `void
>    TAO::CosSchedulingLockNode::next(TAO::CosSchedulingLockNode*)':
> RTCosScheduling/RTCosScheduling_PCP_Manager.cpp:53: error: reinterpret_cast
>    from `TAO::CosSchedulingLockNode*' to `int' loses precision
> RTCosScheduling/RTCosScheduling_PCP_Manager.cpp:54: error: reinterpret_cast
>    from `TAO::CosSchedulingLockNode*' to `int' loses precision
> RTCosScheduling/RTCosScheduling_PCP_Manager.cpp: In constructor `
>    TAO::PCP_Manager::PCP_Manager(TAO::CosSchedulingLockList*,
>    ACE_Thread_Mutex*, TAO_Objref_Var_T<RTCORBA::Current>)':
> RTCosScheduling/RTCosScheduling_PCP_Manager.cpp:289: warning: cast from pointer
>    to integer of different size
> gmake[3]: *** [.shobj/RTCosScheduling_PCP_Manager.o] Error 1
> gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/bcassan/ACE_wrappers/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs'
> gmake[2]: *** [Makefile.RTCosScheduling-all] Error 2
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/bcassan/ACE_wrappers/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs'
> gmake[1]: *** [orbsvcs.subdir] Error 2
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/bcassan/ACE_wrappers/TAO/orbsvcs'
> gmake: *** [all.nested] Error 2
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

0
schmidt7304 (285)

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] ACE/TAO on Solaris 10
Hi, There have been some replies. People do have things working on Solaris and there have been made fixes in ACE/TAO. Could you wait another week or so and try the x.4.8 or try cvs, see http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > Dear list members, > > (I sent this message couple of days ago and am unsure if it > was distributed, > thus re-sending it again. I apologize if you received it more > than once) > > I would like to give feedback regarding availability of > ACE/TAO (versions > 5.4.7 and 1.4.7 respectively) on OpenSolaris (Solaris 10) > Intel platform. > > Sun is selectively releasing source code of the Solaris 10 under an > open-source license. Details of this project and installable Solaris > binaries can be found on here: > http://www.opensolaris.org > > Sun has also released Forte compiler set in binary form to > the OpenSolaris > community. A Quote from their website: "Sun Studio 10 > software is freely > available to participants in the OpenSolaris community for > development on > both OpenSolaris and Solaris[tm] Operating Systems on > SPARC-based systems > and x86-based systems, as well as on Linux." You can get > access to Forte > compilers from the OpenSolaris website as well but you should register...

[tao-users] Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO
Hi, >> My only guess is that all of the libs you are linking in your >> builds were not compiled with a consistent set of options. Right, my recommendation would be to completely blow away your existing ACE+TAO x.5 directory, download a fresh version, and start from a clean slate. It sounds like you may have things lying around from previous build attempts. Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE-TAO subesetting
Thanks Don, Yes I do intend to follow up on the material you have alluded to in the mail. And I stumbled upon your contact during some initial reading on this subject. <snip><http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-subsets.html> Anyone interested in contributing time or funding to these efforts should please contact d.hinton@vanderbilt.edu <snip> /Gaurav -----Original Message----- From: Don Hinton [mailto:don.hinton@vanderbilt.edu] Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 10:42 AM To: Gaurav Khanna Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: [ace-users] Re: ACE-TAO subesetting Hi Gaurav: > How do i plug into the latest state of efforts on ACE/TAO subsetting?. > I am trying to investigate opportunities of footprint/memory usage > reduction in typical use. Thanks very much for your email. Please make sure to send all questions related to ACE or TAO to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO newsgroup, rather than to me directly. See http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html for more info on how to access these resources. For the latest information on ACE+TAO subsetting, please see http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-subsets.html If you'd like to contribute to - or sponsor - efforts on ACE+TAO subsetting please send email to Doug Schmidt <d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu>. Thanks very much, Don ...

[tao-users] Re: [ace-users] timestamps incorrect in ACE+TAO .tar.gz
Hi > It has just come to my attention that there are many files in the > ACE+TAO .tar.gz file with timestamps showing '1970-01-05'. Obviously > this is wrong and is the only reason why my packages have been > rejected from Debian ("file(s) with a time stamp too ancient"). > > Is there a possibility that this will be fixed. Or should I just > 'touch' all the problematic files? Could you please run a touch on them? I don't know how this happened. Strange. Opening and fiddling with the distribution would make quite a few things goofy! If you have problems doing it, please let me know. Thanks Bala On Wednesday 04 February 2004 21:23, Balachandran Natarajan wrote: > Could you please run a touch on them? I don't know how this > happened. Strange. Opening and fiddling with the distribution would > make quite a few things goofy! > > If you have problems doing it, please let me know. I used the command: touch `find . -mtime +3500` and it did the job. Konstantinos Hi, Host Machine and Operating System : Intel Pentium III, 860MHZ , 512MB RAM, Windows 2000 Professional(5.0, Build 2195) Service pack 3 Borland C++ Builder Professional Version 6.0 For use with Borland C++ Builder Professional Version 6.0 I downloaded the ACE-5.4+TAO-1.4 ( not the Beta Version) from the website. Followed the instructions on installing ACE........Installed fine Followed th...

Re: [ace-users] [tao-users] ACE/TAO ported to Sun Studio 12
Hi, > is this change included in the official release of ACT/TAO (and if yes > since which version)? This change will be part of the upcoming x.6.2 version. I am creating x.6.2 at this moment, when everything runs fine it will be available at the end of today. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl *** Integrated compile and test statistics see http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl *** *** Commercial service and support for ACE/TAO/CIAO *** *** See http://www.theaceorb.nl/en/support.html *** ...

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] Tao_idl core dumps during ACE/TAO build
Hi, Please upgrade to ACE+TAO x.4.7, which you can download from http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html under the heading "latest beta kit". The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the latest beta kit, as described in http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-bug-process.html Thus, if you need more "predictable" help, I recommend that you check out http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial support. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > TAO VERSION: 1.4.1 > ACE VERSION: 5.4.1 > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > Dell PowerEdge750, Slackware Linux 10.1.0 > > TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): > gcc version 3.3.4 > > AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: > CosConcurrencyControl.idl failed due to tao_idl core dump > > DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: > COMPILATION? Yes > $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h and > $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU > included below > LINKING? No > EXECUTION? No > OTHER (please specify)? No > > SYNOPSIS: > TAO fails to build because tao_...

[ace-users] RE: [tao-users] Borland Developer Studio 2006 with ACE/TAO #2
Hi, The x.4.8 version of ACE/TAO is supported with BCB2006, we have some linker warnings/errors in some configurations, Borland is working on these for Update2, but these are not causing a problem. See ACE_wrappers/ACE-INSTALL.html for info about how to use it. We deliver also commercial support for using BCB2006 with ACE/TAO. See www.theaceorb.nl for our services. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > -----Original Message----- > From: Espen Harlinn [mailto:espen@harlinn.no] > Sent: donderdag 2 februari 2006 18:06 > To: jwillemsen@remedy.nl > Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: RE: [tao-users] Borland Developer Studio 2006 with ACE/TAO > > Hi, > > I'm curious about the current status of ACE/TAO and C++ Builder 2006. > Borland shipped the promised fix/update some time ago, but I > couldn't find > anything about how it works with ACE/TAO. > > Regards > Espen Harlinn > > ...

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] Re: How to use Any>>=OctetSeq in TAO 1.3.6?
Hi, I just had a quick look. It looks to me the that TAO_Export macro is missing from OctetSeqA.h for the operators. Also the include of pre/post files is missing. Heiko, could you try to add TAO_Export to front of the operators in OctetSeqA.h and then rebuild TAO and you app. I think the linker errors should be gone. Bala, shouldn't we add pre/post includes and TAO_Export to the archive files? Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of > Balachandran Natarajan > Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 6:09 PM > To: Douglas C. Schmidt > Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: [ace-users] Re: How to use Any>>=OctetSeq in TAO 1.3.6? > > Hi > > > >> while checking how an upgrade from TAO 1.2.4 to 1.3.6 affects my > > >> programs I found that there were changes to the CORBA::OctetSeq, > > >> that prevents the operator>>= for CORBA::Any to CORBA::OctetSeq > > >> from working. > > >> > > >> The needed declarations now are in OctetSeqA.h/.cpp. > When including > > >> OctetSeqA.h into my files, compiling works but the > linker is missing > > >> the function implementation. > > Grr.. Coudl you please see whether OctetSeqA.obj i...

Re: [ace-users] Re: ACE/TAO corba: 4 questions
Dr. Schmidt- > >> 1. I have to switch to bidirectional connection model because > >> clients behind NAT/firewall can not be called back by server. I do > >> not really know how to change my application to use bidirectional > >> TCP connections. Do I have to add some ORB parameter for > >> client/server? Do I have to change client/server source code or > >> something else? > > Please see > > $TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional/ > $TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional_MultipleORB/ > $TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional_NestedUpcall/ > > for some examples. I also recommend that you upgrade to the TAO 1.4.2 > release since I believe it fixes some bugs in earlier versions of > TAO. Bala, can you please confirm/deny. There was a bug fixed after x.4.2 and the test $TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional_MultipleORB/ was for this bug. I would recommend using the latest version from the main trunk until we cut x.4.3. To use the code from the main trunk please use the anon cvs repo. INformation to access the repo is available at http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu/anoncvs.html [...] > >> 4. Does ACE/TAO corba support proxy connection? Can I configure > >> client to connect to some corba server through proxy server (with > >> or without user authentication)? How can I achieve this? Most other > >> client-server application have such option so I believe that it >...

RE: [ace-users] RE: [tao-users] Plans to move to MPC
Hi Chris, I've read your reply below and Alex's reply-reply (;-)) in the mean time. Here's my EUR 0.02: Our build system forces us to separate source files, local headers, exported headers (headers required for including by another module that links to this module), resource files and binaries. Typically we have something like this: . adm . binary . win32 . debug . release ... . export . include . lib . local . code . include . resource I don't think I have to explain this structure. Some project description files are in the adm tool, but the equivalent of .mpc file is in the project's main subdir. A couple of text files in the adm directory describe the project settings (like dependecies of other modules, the directory of exported include files (if not ./export/include), special build options, etc.). They must cope with third-party modules with different project layout and keep the main project file simple. I believe that it should be possible in the .mpc to enter a directory of source files along with an option to recurse or not. A command line option for specifying the output directory is the best option. The build files of all modules should normally go to the same location, but which one depends on the preferences of the user executing the build tool. A wonderfull option of CMake is the ability to create C language plugins which can "inject" project settings at run-time. We use that to r...

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE user suffer poor signal to noise ratio
Would it help to restrict the ACE/TAO lists so that only those email addresses subscribed to the list could post. Majordomo supports this through it's restrict_post option. On my server, I set restrict_post to the filename that contains the list member email addresses. I don't know if this is practical on your server. -----Original Message----- From: Nanbor Wang [mailto:nanbor@cse.wustl.edu] Sent: Tuesday, 12 August 2003 09:15 To: Douglas C. Schmidt Cc: apm35@student.open.ac.uk; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu; cdgill@cs.wustl.edu; bugs@cs.wustl.edu Subject: [ace-users] Re: ACE user suffer ...

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] Re: How to use Any>>=OctetSeq in TAO 1.3.6? #2
Hi, > > Heiko, could you try to add TAO_Export to front of the operators in > > OctetSeqA.h and then rebuild TAO and you app. I think the linker > > errors should be gone. > > this is the solution! Thank you :-) Thanks for the feedback. I have just committed the fix into the repo and this will be in the 1.4 release. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl ...

RE: [ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE & POSIX
Hey there's a thought. ;-) I like it. Kindly, Graham -----Original Message----- From: owner-ace-bugs@cse.wustl.edu [mailto:owner-ace-bugs@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Stephen Torri Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 9:38 PM To: Douglas C. Schmidt Cc: ace-bugs@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Re: [ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE & POSIX Douglas C. Schmidt wrote: > Hi Folks, > > >>Yes, but it sure would make the ACE libraries smaller and potentially >>easier to maintain. A lot of the OS specific code would go away. ;-) > > > Ah, but there's rub! It will actually make ACE much larger and harder > to maintain since there will be many platforms/compiler that don't > support the new standard for many years, so it will be necessary to > support multiple variants! Having said that, I welcome these > enhancements since I think they will help improve the relevance of C++ > (cf Java), but it won't make ACE smaller and easier to maintain > (unfortunately)! > > Take care, > > Doug So consider it a new opportunity to develop new design patterns, write more papers and books, and become financially independent. ;) Stephen ...

Re: [tao-users] [ace-users] Would you like ACE to run great on your platform?
Hi David, for the past several years OCI, Remedy, Riverace, and Prismtech have taken turns doing the releases every 4-5 months or so. See the release announcements for examples of this. If you haven't noticed any changes then the process must be working well :) Doug --- Original Message --- From:"David Hauck" <davidh@netacquire.com> Sent:Thu 5/31/07 6:55 pm To:"Douglas C. Schmidt" <schmidt@dre.vanderbilt.edu>,ace-users@cse.wustl.edu,tao-users@cse.wustl.edu Subj:RE: [ace-users] Would you like ACE to run great on your platform? Hi Doug, > Hi Folks, > > Recent postings from Steve Huston and Johnny Willemsen reminded me > I wanted to clarify a few things about the way in which support works > for ACE+TAO+CIAO. In the beginning (i.e., 1995 to 2003 or so), > ACE+TAO were sponsored by companies and government agencies interested > in doing R&D on middleware for distributed real-time and embedded > systems. During this phase, the DOC group had many staff/students who > were funded to work on ACE+TAO and since the sponsors were motivated > to create useful technology we had their blessing to spend some of our > time supporting the user community, e.g., answering questions, fixing > bugs, providing support for a wide range of OS/compiler/hardware > platforms. > > Now that ACE+TAO have matured our R&D sponsors are interested in > funding new things, he...

Re: [ace-users] [BULK] Re: [ace-bugs] [BULK] Re: Calling ACE::init() causes exception on 20th instantiation of a
Thanks to Aleksandar Vukajlovic at finsoft! He got us a bit closer to finding this issue and also came up with some much simpler test code that reproduces the issue (see below). It seems that ACE::fini is not properly cleaning up a thread or some storage. When config.h file is modified to include more thread keys (#define ACE_DEFAULT_THREAD_KEYS 1000), the issue occurs later on. The default value for ACE_DEFAULT_THREAD_KEYS is 64, with this, ACE::init will fail after ~20 iterations, with it increased to 1000, ACE::init fails ~500 iterations. Small program that will reproduce bug without using complex MFC follows from Aleksandar. Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help debug this. - Andrew //Test code #include "ace/OS.h" #include "ace/Log_Msg.h" #ifdef _DEBUG const char* dll_name = "U:\\Temp\\TestACEInit\\DllTest\\Debug\\DllTest.dll"; #else const char* dll_name = "U:\\Temp\\TestACEInit\\DllTest\\Release\\DllTest.dll"; #endif //_DEBUG void doTest () { for (int i = 0; i < 1000; ++i) { HMODULE hm = ::LoadLibrary (dll_name); if (hm == NULL) ACE_DEBUG ((LM_ERROR, "failed to load library, iteration (%d)\n", i)); if (::FreeLibrary (hm) == FALSE) ACE_DEBUG ((LM_ERROR, "failed to free library, iteration (%d)\n", i)); } } int main (int argc, char* argv[]) { doTest (); return 0; } ////////////////////////////////// // DllTest code...

RE: [ace-users] RE: [tao-users] Octet Marshaling/Demarshaling issues #2
Hi, If you marshal a corba sequence of octet then instead of the normal << and >> for each element the methods write_octet_array and read_octet_array on the stream are used, in fact, all corba sequences of basic types to use array methods on the cdr stream. If you handle your own cdr streaming you can of course use these methods also. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Krishna, Arvind > Sent: woensdag 28 december 2005 19:55 > To: Kobi Cohen-Arazi; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu; tao-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: [ace-users] RE: [tao-users] Octet > Marshaling/Demarshaling issues > > > Hi Kobi, > > >It takes 4 bytes to marshal a single Octet. However, when > marshaling an > array of Octet, it takes a single byte for >every element in > the array. > It seems that Octet is an exception comparing the rest of > primitive data > types. What is >the motivation for that? Is it dictated by an > OMG spec? > > I think you might be seeing a type promotion from octet to > long. I just > checked and ACE_CDR provides a read_octet and write_octet methods for > reading/writing octets. However, if you use the insertion/extraction > operator t...

[ace-users] Re: [tao-users] TAO Tutorial
Hi Matt, Thanks for your email. Please send all correspondence to the TAO users list rather than me, however. > TAO Version 1.3a BTW, since you're using OCI's version of TAO please send your questions to taosupport@ociweb.com. > Sun Solaris 8 > GCC 3.4.2 > (I will be sure to include the PRF next time) Great! > As you see, I have TAO v1.3a. Would that be the reason for the *.i > files opposed to *.inl files? Yes, indeed. Take care, Doug ...

Re: [ace-bugs] RE: FW: [ace-users] ACE & POSIX
Hi Graham, >> Having spent most of my time in the murky world of real-time >> embedded systems (for the medical industry) I can tell you this. >> It is quite unlikely that the "old dodgers" (according to your >> definition I would fall into that category) would upgrade their >> version of ACE. If the current (or older) version of ACE works why >> upgrade? That's not been our experience working with scores of companies during the past decade. There are many companies who are stuck using older compiler platforms, but are quite happy to upgrade to newer versions of ACE, particularly when those versions fix important bugs, improve compile-/run-time performance, and/or add useful features. In fact, companies like OCI do a good business supporting precisely these sorts of uesrs. >> The old gnu 2.7.2 compiler that was mentioned earlier is most >> likely the compiler that is used by Windriver's IDE Tornado (which >> I use daily). Tornado 2.0.2 for Intel CPUs uses a snapshot of the >> (2.7.2) gnu compiler (Although Windriver doesn't like to admit it. >> I don't know how they get around the open source rules.). Even the >> "new" version of Tornado coming out this fall uses a newer but >> still older version of the gnu compiler. But rumor has it that the >> Diablo compiler, which has been recently only available for >> Motorola C...

RE: [ace-users] Re: Questions about ACE
Hi, > > Has ACE been built on a Windows 98SE with g++ (mingw)? > > To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, > please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form > (PRF), which is in > > $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM > $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM > > or in > > $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM > $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM > > in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information > when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to > "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is > error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. > > > Also, does it work onthat platform? > > I believe that ACE 5.4.3 (available from > deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html) should work with MinGW. We build and tests daily with MinGW on Windows XP and don't have any problems. There are no daily builds for Windows 98SE so I can make no statements for the Windows 98 SE support. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl ...

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE #2
Hi, Somewhere in your app you should run the reactor loop Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > >> I update the ACE version to 5.4.10, but it seems have no help. > >> > >> ACE_Logging_Strategy : the -m option does not work. > >> > >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.10 > >> > >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > >> Windows XP SP2 > >> > >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > >> Windows XP SP2 > >> > >> THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE : > >> #include "ace/config-win32.h" > >> > >> THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU > FILE [if you > >> use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one > >> (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with > Microsoft Visual > >> C++)]: > >> Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 sp6 > >> > >> CONTENTS OF > >> $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features > >> (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles): > >> There is no this file. > >> > >> AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: > >> APG\Logging\Use_Logging_Strategy.d...

Re: [ace-users] Re: ACE refactoring
Hi Folks, I've updated the ACE-subsets.html document at http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-subsets.html to describe our ideas for subsetting and refactoring ACE so that its footprint will be smaller. If there is interest in sponsoring this work or contributing your time to help accomplish these tasks, please let me and Don <dhinton@dre.vanderbilt.edu> know. Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science FAX: (615) 343-7440 Vanderbilt University WEB: www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ Nashville, TN 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

RE: [ace-users] Re: I cannot build ACE
Hi, This is not a problem, you don't have ssl installed, so it is not just build. The ACE lib itself is build. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Ji Soo > Sent: vrijdag 17 maart 2006 4:36 > To: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: [ace-users] Re: I cannot build ACE > > The complete "make" output: > > ...... > ...... > rm -f libACE.so > ln -s libACE.so.5.5.0 libACE.so > chmod a+rx libACE.so.5.5.0 > make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/ACE_wrappers/ace' > make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/ACE_wrappers/ace' > This project will not be built due to one of the following > missing features: > x11 gl fl > > GNUmakefile: /opt/ACE_wrappers/ace/GNUmakefile.ACE_FlReactor > MAKEFLAGS=w > > make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/ACE_wrappers/ace' > make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/ACE_wrappers/ace' > This project will not be built due to one of the following > missing features: > qt > > GNUmakefile: /opt/ACE_wrappers/ace/GNUmakefile.ACE_QtReactor > MAKEFLAGS=w > > make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/ACE_wrappers/ace' > make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/ACE_wrappers/ace' > This project will...

Re: [ace-users] Ace-users messages
Hi Robert, >> PRF independent question. >> >> My impression is that, I do not get primary >> postings to ace-users, but only further responses, >> e.g. posted by Douglas. >> >> Could it be some problem with the server redirection >> policy? As far as I can tell, things are working fine. Take care, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu Douglas C. Schmidt wrote: > Hi Robert, > > >>>PRF independent question. >>> >>>My impression is that, I do not get primary >>>postings to ace-users, but only further responses, >>>e.g. posted by Douglas. >>> >>>Could it be some problem with the server redirection >>>policy? > > > As far as I can tell, things are working fine. > > Take care, > > Doug As for me it doesn't work fine. Some my last post were lost on the way to [ace-users] list (I haven't seen them in list or appropriate news group). May be it's not problem list server and messages were lost somewhere in the middle of the way ... By the way Doug, because I can't sent to the list...

[ace-users] Re: [tao-users] Re: A client thread assigned to handle a server request
Hi Ivo, >> Sorry for the comment but as for TAO 1.3a patch level 12 this >> MT_NOUPCALL did not work 100% as expected. I don't remember what >> the problem was, but this was the motivation for us to change our >> code to create 2 ORBs instead of 1 ( one to handle client requests >> and one to handle server requests, in order to decouple >> server/client handling). I'll let the OCI folks handle this since they are the ones who added MT_NOUPCALL. Thanks, Doug >> Regards, >> Ivo >> >> > -----Original Message----- >> > From: owner-tao-users@cse.wustl.edu >> > [mailto:owner-tao-users@cse.wustl.edu]On Behalf Of ronen_yuval >> > Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:37 PM >> > To: tao-users@cs.wustl.edu >> > Subject: [tao-users] Re: A client thread assigned to handle a >> > server request >> > >> > >> > > >> According to the documents, I understand that this option will >> > > >> cause the client side of my "Middle Server" to serialize requests >> > > >> for the "End Server". >> > > >> > > No, that's not what it means. >> > > >> > > All "exclusive" means is that a separate connection will be used for >> > > each thread on the client, rather than mux...

Web resources about - [tao-users] Re: [ace-users] Re: Query - comp.soft-sys.ace