[tao-users] Re: [ace-users] The ACE ORB and Solaris

Hi,

To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information,
please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form
(PRF), which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

or in

$ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM

in older versions of ACE+TAO.  Make sure to include this information
when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to
"guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is
error-prone and slows down our responsiveness.

>> does the ACE ORB run on Solaris 10 (SPARC)?

Yes, please see

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/integrated.html

for the OS platforms and compilers that we test ACE+TAO with
regularly, which includes Solaris 10.

>> I could only find information that it runs on e.g. Solaris 1.x and
>> 2.x on SPARC and Intel
>> (http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/TAO-status.html).

I've fixed this so it doesn't appear to limit Solaris support to 1.x
or 2.x.

>> Also, does ACE ORB interoperate with Orbacus without problems?

Yes, as far as we know.  If you run into problems please use the PRF
to report them.

Thanks,

        Doug
--
Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt                       Professor and Associate Chair
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science  TEL: (615) 343-8197

0
Douglas