ACE/TAO Training in 2004

Object Computing, Inc. (OCI) has the following upcoming open
enrollment training events on the schedule to be delivered at our
Education Center in St. Louis, MO.

2004 Open Enrollments (see below for details):
9/21-24, CORBA Programming with Java
10/19-22, CORBA Programming with C++
11/2-5, Using the ADAPTIVE Communications Env. C++ Framework (ACE)
11/16-19, Advanced CORBA Programming using TAO (for RT)

Please contact me directly for additional information or register
using the registration links provided below.

Best regards,

Kristin Menefee
Educational Services Manager
Object Computing, Inc. (OCI)
314-579-0066 x203 tel
314-579-0065 fax
www.ociweb.com
Title: CORBA Programming with Java
http://www.ociweb.com/education/course_description.cgi?courseCode=ESDC07-01
Dates: September 21-24, ,2004
Times: 8:30am-3:30pm
Location: Education Center
http://www.ociweb.com/education/travel-stl.html
Registration: http://www.ociweb.com/education/register.cgi?courseCode=ESDC07-01&type=one&time=2004-09-21%2000:00:00
Title: CORBA Programming with C++
http://www.ociweb.com/education/course_description.cgi?courseCode=ESDC02-01
Dates: October 19-22, 2004
Times: 8:30am-3:30pm
Location: OCI Education Center
http://www.ociweb.com/education/travel-stl.html
Registration: http://www.ociweb.com/education/register.cgi?courseCode=ESDC02-01&type=one&time=2004-10-19%2000:00:00
Title: Using the ADAPTIVE Communications Environment C++ Framework
(ACE)
http://www.ociweb.com/education/course_description.cgi?courseCode=ESDC03-02
Dates: November 2-5, 2005
Times: 8:30am-3:30pm
Location: OCI Education Center
http://www.ociweb.com/education/travel-stl.html
Registration: http://www.ociweb.com/education/register.cgi?courseCode=ESDC03-02&type=one&time=2004-11-02%2000:00:00
Title: Advanced CORBA Programming using TAO (for Real Time)
http://www.ociweb.com/education/course_description.cgi?courseCode=ESDC06-01
Dates: November 16-19, 2004
Times: 8:30am-3:30pm
Location: OCI Education Center
http://www.ociweb.com/education/travel-stl.html
Registration: http://www.ociweb.com/education/register.cgi?courseCode=ESDC06-01&type=one&time=2004-11-16%2000:00:00
0
menefee_k

ACE/TAO Training in 2004 (St. Louis)
[...]

[tao-users] Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO
Hi, >> My only guess is that all of the libs you are linking in your >> builds were not compiled with a consistent set of options. Right, my recommendation would be to completely blow away your existing ACE+TAO x.5 directory, download a fresh version, and start from a clean slate. It sounds like you may have things lying around from previous build attempts. Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

[ace-users] [ace-user] problem on building ACE+TAO+CAIO
Dear, all. I have a problem on buliding ACE+TAO+CAIO. ACE VERSION: 5.5 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: HOST Machine: Intel Pentium D 3.0 1GB OS: Windows XP Professional SP2 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM Same with the HOST machine and OS THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE #define ACE_HAS_MFC 1 #define ACE_NO_INLINE #define ACE_HAS_STANDARD_CPP_LIBRARY 1 #include "ace/config-win32.h" DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: ACE+TAO+CAIO building SYNOPSIS: occurrance of syntax error during building ACE+TAO+CAIO DESCRIPTION: during building ACE+TAO+CAIO, syntax errors occurs at the point of enum definition in the file, options.h. Also, there are bunch of other errors. class ACE_Svc_Export Options { // = TITLE // Singleton that consolidates all Options for a gatewayd. public: // = Options that can be enabled/disabled. enum { // = The types of threading strategies. REACTIVE = 0, OUTPUT_MT = 1, INPUT_MT = 2, VERBOSE = 01, DEBUG = 02, SUPPLIER_ACCEPTOR = 04, CONSUMER_ACCEPTOR = 010, SUPPLIER_CONNECTOR = 020, CONSUMER_CONNECTOR = 040 }; one of them says that '}' is missing in front of '='. Did I misconfigure something? Thanks. - Je...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE/TAO irc channel
Hi, > Does an ACE/TAO IRC channel exist? If so where? If not should we create one? Not that I know of. Maybe it is something some people could use but most of the core developers are already swamped with work and do their best to answer e-mails on the mailing lists, so adding another communication channel is not something they probably have time for the respond to. Johnny On Friday 29 April 2005 02:44, Johnny Willemsen wrote: > Hi, > > > Does an ACE/TAO IRC channel exist? If so where? If not should we create > > one? > > Not that I know of. Maybe it is something some people could use but most of > the core developers are already swamped with work and do their best to > answer e-mails on the mailing lists, so adding another communication > channel is not something they probably have time for the respond to. > > Johnny Even as a ACE users online forum it would be helpful sometimes. Some questions (not related to bugs) can be asked easier on a medium that allows immediate response. It could also help to to build an ACE community where experienced users answer less experienced users. And even if the developers listen on the channel (for curiosity I suppose) - nobody requires them to answer. How about a poll? Who is interested in participating (actively) in an ACE/TAO irc channel? If we get enough interest we can think of creating one. Freenode would be my suggestion. We can also create separ...

[ace-bugs] ACE+TAO
configure: WARNING: net/if.h: present but cannot be compiled configure: WARNING: net/if.h: check for missing prerequisite headers? configure: WARNING: net/if.h: see the Autoconf documentation configure: WARNING: net/if.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled" configure: WARNING: net/if.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result configure: WARNING: net/if.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence configure: WARNING: ## ------------------------------------ ## configure: WARNING: ## Report this to ace-bugs@cs.wustl.edu ## configure: WARNING: ## ------------------------------------ ## Regards Hi Stephane, To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. Thanks, Doug >> configure: WARNING: net/if.h: present but cannot be compiled >> configure: WARNING: net/if.h: check for missing prerequisite headers? >> configure: WARNING: net/if.h: see the Autoconf documentation...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO
Hi, To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. > I know we can set exceptions = 1 or 0 in platform_macros.GNU > to use ACE's exception handling or C++'s native exception handling. > > But I am still not clear on which value should I set exceptions to if > I want to use only the C++'s native exception handling support. Then just set it to 1 which is the default. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl ------=_Part_4854_4331443.1142846841468 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline ACE VERSION: 5.5 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: *Sparc, Solaris 10 * If on Windows based OS's, which version of WINSOCK do you use?: TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AN...

[ace-users] [tao-users] Problem linking ACE/TAO
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C67435.B64C4BE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I have an application using ACE/TAO and I get a linking error trying to = build executable. ACE/TAO VERSION: 5.5 / 1.5 OPERATING SYSTEM: Win 2000 SP 4 COMPILER NAME and VERSION: VC++ 2005 Standard Edition CONTENTS of $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: #define ACE_HAS_STANDARD_CPP_LIBRARY 1 #include "ace/config-win32.h" DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? NO LINKING? YES EXECUTION? N/A (doesn`t get that far) SYNOPSIS: I am getting linking error while I am trying to build executable. DESCRIPTION: In the makefile (win32/debug) the libraries ACED.lib and TAOD.lib are in = the LIBS. The error message is: 1>oe_frontendC.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: int __cdecl ACE_Log_Msg::log(enum ACE_Log_Priority,unsigned short const *,...)" (__imp_?log@ACE_Log_Msg@@QAAHW4ACE_Log_Priority@@PBGZZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall TAO::Any_Insert_Policy_AnyTypeCode_Adapter<int>::any_insert(class = CORBA::Any *,int const &)const " (?any_insert@?$Any_Insert_Policy_AnyTypeCode_Adapter@H@TAO@@QBEXPAVAny@CO= RBA @@ABH@Z) T...

[tao-users] [ace-users] Problem linking ACE/TAO
[...]

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] ACE/TAO on Solaris 10
Hi, There have been some replies. People do have things working on Solaris and there have been made fixes in ACE/TAO. Could you wait another week or so and try the x.4.8 or try cvs, see http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > Dear list members, > > (I sent this message couple of days ago and am unsure if it > was distributed, > thus re-sending it again. I apologize if you received it more > than once) > > I would like to give feedback regarding availability of > ACE/TAO (versions > 5.4.7 and 1.4.7 respectively) on OpenSolaris (Solaris 10) > Intel platform. > > Sun is selectively releasing source code of the Solaris 10 under an > open-source license. Details of this project and installable Solaris > binaries can be found on here: > http://www.opensolaris.org > > Sun has also released Forte compiler set in binary form to > the OpenSolaris > community. A Quote from their website: "Sun Studio 10 > software is freely > available to participants in the OpenSolaris community for > development on > both OpenSolaris and Solaris[tm] Operating Systems on > SPARC-based systems > and x86-based systems, as well as on Linux." You can get > access to Forte > compilers from the OpenSolaris website as well but you should register...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi Folks, Thanks again to everyone from the DOC group and the ACE+TAO+CIAO user communities who helped get the x.3.6 beta out the door. As Bala mentioned, it's really important to get your feedback before we release the ACE+TAO+CIAO x.4 release since that will become the baseline for the next round of commercially supported products. I know it's a busy time of year for lots of people, but we'd really appreciate your help testing this beta to ensure that the forthcoming official x.4 release will work well on as many platforms as possible! Thanks very much, Doug ...

[ace-users] Some questions about ACE-TAO
Hi, Can I get short answers to following questions regarding ACE-TAO if I am required to use it for my development work? I have tried answers for the same in the archives, but could not get much information. Will appreciate your help here. 1. What is the maximum and minimum executable size? 2. Does it provide linkage with pthread? 3. Does it have any runtime license checks (even if it is open source)? 4. It has a binging with C++. Does it support C++ STL as well as design patterns? 5. Is it compatible with LINUX MIPS? 6. Can one start and stop the CORBA services inside the process? 7. Does it work across firewalls? Thanks and regards, Yateen V. Joshi ...

[ace-users] ACE + TAO with repo...
ACE VERSION: 5.6.4 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: x86, Solaris 10 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE config-sunos5.10.h THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE repo = 1 include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_sunos5_g++.GNU AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: SAXPrint DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: Linking SAXPrint. SYNOPSIS: SAXPrint fails to link with g++ 3.4.6 on Solaris 10 when -frepo is used. DESCRIPTION: ACE and TAO both compile fine normally. When I tried enabling -frepo, I immediately come up against link failures from SAXPrint. If I skip SAXPrint, the linker errors will occurr in whatever I compile next. The errors are a long series of `ACE_wrappers/lib/libxxx.so: undefined reference to yyy'. Most of the failures are tied to libACE.so, though libACEXML.so and libACEXML_Parser.so also appear. yyy is a very long list of templates. I included the full list of errors at the end. REPEAT BY: I simply added repo = 1 to include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU. --- final line and errors below --- g++ -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -O3 -gstabs+ -frepo -pipe -D_REENTRANT -I/apps/ACE_wrappers -DACE_HAS_EXCEPTIONS -D__ACE_INLINE__ -DACE_HAS_GNU_REPO -I../../.. -I../../../ACEXML/common -Wl,-E -z now -L/apps/ACE_wrappers/ace -L./ -L/apps/ACE_wrappers/lib -L. -L../../../lib -o SAXPrint .obj/SAXPrint_Handler.o .obj/Print_Handler.o ..obj/main.o -lACEXML_Parser -lACEXML -lACE -lsocket -ldl -l...

[ace-users] Re: About ACE-TAO
Hi Grzegorz, > My name is Grzegorz Kroczek. I'm 28'th computer programmer from > Poland. One year ago I read about TAO on Your page. In my opinion it > is the best solution as distributed systems. I wrote many systems > for many company, goverments, but Your system is THE BEST!!! Great - I'm glad you enjoy TAO! > Now I still study Computer Science on Technical University. In the > future I want defence my phD maybe I will write about distributed > systems or Artificial Intelligence. I have one question about ACE- > TAO. Can I write about Your technologies on my www site and can i > use this technologies in my job as computer programmer? Sure, you bet. There are lots of people who do this. Take care, Doug ...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO Logging
VERSION 1.4 VERSION 1.5 ACE: 5.4a_p4 ACE: 5.5.4 TAO: 1.4aPp4 TAO: 1.5.4 HOST/TARGET MACHINE: Linux (RedHat AS3 - but same issue on AS4) COMPILER: gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-52) I have created a simple program that outputs various ACE_DEBUG levels (TRACE,DEBUG.INFO.NOTICE,ERROR). I also have a svc.conf file that disables a few so they will not appear in the output: dynamic Logger Service_Object * ACE:_make_ACE_Logging_Strategy() "-f STDERR -o -p ~TRACE|DEBUG|~INFO|WARNING|~NOTICE|ERROR|" One version is written to use just ACE (-d for debug and -f name for svc.conf use) and the other with TAO (-ORBDebug for debug and -ORBSvcConf for svc.conf). I print out one group of debug messages, perform a ACE_Service_Config::reconfigure(), and then another group of debug messages. The ACE version that uses the ACE_Service_Config::open behaves as expected in both versions (even though there is an Logger re-inititalize warning in the 1.5 version) in that is outputs only the DEBUG, WARNING, and ERROR statements. The valid output occurs before and after the reconfigure. The issues: (1) In both versions (1.4/1.5) of the TAO test code, the svc.conf "appears" to load properly at startup, but the first set of debug messages include all messages types, as if the sync.conf file or the priorities are ignored. (2) With the 1.4 version of the TAO test code, the proper debug messag...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO and valgrind
Hi, I am using valgrind for memory debugging purposes. There are a few "uninitialized memory" warnings from the TAO core that seem to be harmless. Has anyone here on this list already generated a suppression file for valgrind's --suppressions option? (like $ACE_ROOT/etc/purify.solaris2) The main problem is that I'm not really sure if the messages are actually harmless. Volker PRF --- ACE VERSION: 5.3 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: i486/linux COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): g++ 2.95.3 CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: conf...

[ace-users] ACE-TAO problems
Hi, My project seems to have some weired behaviour under the following conditio= ns 1. ACE_TAO built in debug mode and Project in 'release mode with debug supp= ort'. All EXEs break execution on memory operations when run in debugger. It is s= howing 'Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap' error in the output windo= w and shows the erroneous line in ACE source. Then we have to keep pressing F5 to continue execution. This behaviour is o= nly when run in debugger. If we attach debugger after running the EXE, or r= un outside the debugger ,then there will not be any problem. I'm using VC++ 6 IDE . 2. ACE_TAO built in release mode and Project in 'release mode with debug su= pport'. When run in debugger some EXEs seem to be stuck some where. When broke the = exeution in debugger it showed the following source (file is ace\Task.cpp) #if 1 // Call the <Task->close> hook. ACE_Thread_Manager *thr_mgr_ptr =3D t->thr_mgr (); // This calls the Task->close () hook. t->cleanup (t, 0); <=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D This is the line where control is stuck // This prevents a second invocation of the cleanup code // (called later by <ACE_Thread_Manager::exit>. thr_mgr_ptr->at_exit (t, 0, 0); #endif return status; } stack dump NTDLL! 77f883a3() KERNEL32! 7c59a29c() ACE_Task_Base::svc_run(void * 0x022be3f8) line 218 ACE_...

[ace-users] Compiling Ace + Tao
Hi I just downloaded ACE + TAO and I followed the build intstruction in http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/ACE-INSTALL.html where it follows the normal: mkdir build cd build .../configure make The message from running 'configure' is Configuration of TAO 1.7.1 is now complete. When I run 'make' then the build take like an hour and I would like to confirm if it IS build ACE + TAO and this is good enough to keep on working with it OR should I follow the more complicated build process delineated in http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO with jam
Hi ace-users, Does anybody know if there are/were efforts to integrate ACE/TAO with jam build system, either from Perforce: http://www.perforce.com/jam/jam.html or with Boost.Jam: http://www.boost.org/tools/build/jam_src/Jam.html ? -- Best regards, Serge mailto: skolgan @ trigraph.com ...

[ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] Tao_idl core dumps during ACE/TAO build
Hi, Please upgrade to ACE+TAO x.4.7, which you can download from http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html under the heading "latest beta kit". The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the latest beta kit, as described in http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-bug-process.html Thus, if you need more "predictable" help, I recommend that you check out http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial support. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > TAO VERSION: 1.4.1 > ACE VERSION: 5.4.1 > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > Dell PowerEdge750, Slackware Linux 10.1.0 > > TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): > gcc version 3.3.4 > > AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: > CosConcurrencyControl.idl failed due to tao_idl core dump > > DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: > COMPILATION? Yes > $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h and > $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU > included below > LINKING? No > EXECUTION? No > OTHER (please specify)? No > > SYNOPSIS: > TAO fails to build because tao_...

[tao-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi Folks, The new x.4 release represents a LOT of work by a lot of dedicated people, both in and out of the DOC group. We appreciate all your help. As usual, please let us know if you run into problems. Thanks, Doug ...

[tao-users] Re: [ace-users] timestamps incorrect in ACE+TAO .tar.gz
Hi > It has just come to my attention that there are many files in the > ACE+TAO .tar.gz file with timestamps showing '1970-01-05'. Obviously > this is wrong and is the only reason why my packages have been > rejected from Debian ("file(s) with a time stamp too ancient"). > > Is there a possibility that this will be fixed. Or should I just > 'touch' all the problematic files? Could you please run a touch on them? I don't know how this happened. Strange. Opening and fiddling with the distribution would make quite a few things goofy! If ...

Re: [ace-users] [tao-users] ACE/TAO ported to Sun Studio 12
Hi, > is this change included in the official release of ACT/TAO (and if yes > since which version)? This change will be part of the upcoming x.6.2 version. I am creating x.6.2 at this moment, when everything runs fine it will be available at the end of today. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl *** Integrated compile and test statistics see http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl *** *** Commercial service and support for ACE/TAO/CIAO *** *** See http://www.theaceorb.nl/en/support.html *** ...

Web resources about - ACE/TAO Training in 2004 - comp.soft-sys.ace

Lean Agile Training - Certified ScrumMaster training - Agile Training
We provide Certified ScrumMaster training and Certified Scrum Product Owner training, as well as workshops that jump start your transition to ...

Yakima Training Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Yakima Training Center is a United States Army training center (Army maneuver training, land warrior system testing and live fire area) located ...

Always Be Training
Formal training is necessary for staff at every level, but this formal training cannot replace the kind of daily training you must ensure that ...

Snapchat Gets a Test Run in the Dugout at MLB Spring Training
Major League Baseball will let players post to Snapchat during March 11 spring training games, a one-time suspension of the league's longtime ...

Better Event: Twins Spring Training Or Ryder Cup?
CBS Local Better Event: Twins Spring Training Or Ryder Cup? CBS Local ... will feature the best Americans against the best Europeans. The ...

Training bystanders to "stop the bleed" after gunfire
Battlefield-inspired first aid training comes to a high-crime neighborhood

Training Day TV Pilot Just Added An Arrow Actor
The Training Day TV show is gaining speed as it continues to cast actors to fill its roster of good and bad cops. The film-to-television adaptation ...

Audit Finds NHTSA Investigators May Lack Training To Spot Defective Cars
... made strides over the last five years, but also points out that some necessary programs have not yet been implemented. This includes a training ...

10 prospects to watch during 2016 spring training
Hailed as the White Sox’s shortstop of the future, Anderson now may have to wait a little longer with Jimmy Rollins in the fold. After playing ...

‘Training Day’: Drew Van Acker Joins Cast Of CBS Drama Pilot
Drew Van Acker ( Pretty Little Liars ) has been cast opposite Bill Paxton and Katrina Law in CBS ' drama pilot Training Day , a present-day reimagining ...