Compilation failed for large file

Hi,

    Please find PRF below.

     ACE VERSION:  ACE 5.5

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
       AIX 5.3

    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
		Visual Age 6 xlC_r

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE
		#define _LARGE_FILES
		config-aix-5.x.h

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE
		platform_aix_ibm.GNU

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
			Support for LARGEFILE in AIX

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION

    SYNOPSIS:
			ACE Compilation failed

			If I tried to comlied ACE in AIX with large file support, it is
giving error while compilation.

			"Naming_Context.cpp", line 592.14: 1540-0217 (S) "open64" is not a
member of "class ACE_Log_Msg".

			if we didnt give _LARGE_FILES in config.h then it is compiling
			but file operation like stat , open , lseek etc are failing for
large files.

			Is there any way we can handle large file in AIX ?

	Waiting for your reply
	Manish

0
Mann

Hi Mann,

>    Please find PRF below.

Thanks for usin gthe PRF.

>     ACE VERSION:  ACE 5.5

Please upgrade to ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.2 (i.e., ACE 5.6.2, TAO 1.6.2, and
CIAO 0.6.2), which you can download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Beta Kit."

The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.

Thanks,

        Doug

--
Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt                       Professor and Associate Chair
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science  TEL: (615) 343-8197

0
schmidt

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace_bugs] ACE: Compilation of file SUN_Proactor.cpp fails
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF form. Try to upgrade to x.4.1, it can be that it is already fixed in that release. If not fixed, try to add the following line to fix the compile error. #include "ace/OS_NS_sys_time.h" Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl "Ralf Treiber" <ralf.treiber@t-systems.com> wrote in message news:<2c3e346.0405240556.69ec85f2@posting.google.com>... > ACE VERSION: 5.4, released Wed Jan 14 18:45:46 2004. > > HOST MACHINE an...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace_bugs] ACE: Compilation of file SUN_Proactor.cpp fails #2
Hi Ralf, Thanks for using the PRF. >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> SunOS kraftwerk 5.8 Generic_108528-23 sun4u sparc >> SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> CC: WorkShop Compilers 5.0 02/10/08 C++ 5.0 Patch 107311-19 This version of the SunC++ compiler is BROKEN. Please update to a newer version of SunC++ (see www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a list of SunC++ compilers that we regularly buil...

[ace-users] Compiling ACE: Compilation for minimum_corba with threads=0 fails
ACE VERSION: 5.4 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Solaris 5.8 If on Windows based OS's, which version of WINSOCK do you use?: not applicable TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: Same COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): g++ 3.3.2 CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: #include "ace/config-sunos5.8.h" CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU: # -*- Makefile -*- # platform_sunos5_g++.GNU,v 4.55 2004/01/12 23:40:47 dhinton Exp # SunOS 5.x (Solaris 2.x) with g++ # NO...

[ace_bugs] ACE: Compilation of file SUN_Proactor.cpp fails
ACE VERSION: 5.4, released Wed Jan 14 18:45:46 2004. HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: SunOS kraftwerk 5.8 Generic_108528-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): CC: WorkShop Compilers 5.0 02/10/08 C++ 5.0 Patch 107311-19 GNU Make 3.80 CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: config-sunos5.8.h CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU: platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU SYNOPSIS: Compilation of file SUN_Proactor...

[ace-users] [ace-bugs] ACE fails to compile under Fedora core 4
Hi Massimo, Thanks for using the PRF. > ACE VERSION: 5.4.0 ACE 5.4 is very old and this problem has been fixed long ago in subsequent releases. Please upgrade to ACE+TAO x.4.9, which you can download from http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html under the heading "latest beta kit". The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the latest beta kit, as described in http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-bug-process.html Thus, if ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] Linux LFS (Large File Support) and ACE
Hi, >> It was not immediately apparent to me what (if anything) has to be >> done to enable large file support in ACE under linux, It should be straightforward - there needs to be a new set of methods added to the appropriate parts of ACE_OS and ACE_File to handle the 64-bit operations. >> or if the ACE source might be explicitly incompatible with LFS >> because it is not "type clean" (i.e., uses int or long vs. off_t in >> some places). ACE uses the POSIX types for its OS wrappers, so as long as POSIX is type clean, ACE should be type ...

[ace-bugs] RE: [ace-users] Linux LFS (Large File Support) and ACE #2
D: Thanks for your quick response. I guess I'm a bit confused. From what I've read on the net, it seems that if I define -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 (as reported by getconf LFS_CFLAGS on linux), and my code uses posix types religiously, then my code should become large-file capable "just like that." Based on your email, if ACE is type-safe, then it should magically support large files given this flag. (getconf LFS_LDFLAGS returns nothing on linux). Yet, you also mention adding interfaces ACE_OS and ACE_File. What would be the motivation of those interfaces if the...

Re: [ace-bugs] RE: [ace-users] Linux LFS (Large File Support) and ACE
Hi, >> I guess I'm a bit confused. From what I've read on the net, it >> seems that if I define -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 (as reported by >> getconf LFS_CFLAGS on linux), and my code uses posix types >> religiously, then my code should become large-file capable "just >> like that." Based on your email, if ACE is type-safe, then it >> should magically support large files given this flag. (getconf >> LFS_LDFLAGS returns nothing on linux). >> >> Yet, you also mention adding interfaces ACE_OS and ACE_File. What &g...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] Confirmed: Linux LFS (Large File Support) and ACE
Hi Andrew, >> FYI, I recompiled ACE with -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 without any compiler warnings, and it seems to work fine. Thanks for clarifying this! >> Note, the libg++ 3.3.3 on Fedora Core 2 does *not* seem to be >> large-file safe. E.g., ifstream breaks when opening a large file. >> I found a posting that the gcc team will be fixing this bug as part >> of the 3.4 release. I'm glad to hear that ACE is one step ahead at this point ;-) Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical E...

[ace-users] Source files of ACE to compile
ACE VERSION: 5.4.4 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP Professional. TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:. COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): MicroSoft VC++ .Net AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: Our Application program. DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? Yes LINKING? No EXECUTION? No OTHER (please specify)? SYNOPSIS: Needing to add source files to compile the application. DESCRIPTION: We are using ACE 5.4.4 in our application. We have mad...

[ace-users] Compiling of ACE examples failed on BCB6
ACE VERSION: 5.4.4 I was suggested to use this version of ACE with BCB6 by Johnny Willemsen. HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP SP2 COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Borland C++ Builder 6 Enterprise with updates one, two and four. CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h #include "ace/config-win32.h" AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: Reactor_Tests_Client.bor DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? Yes. LINKING? Possibly. ...

[ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86
Hi,all ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Solaris10 X86 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Compiler: SUN CC 5.6 Make: GNU make 3.80 CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: #include "ace/config-sunos5.9.h" CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft ...

[ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86
Hi Jin, >> The solaris 9/10 for sparc is not the same as solaris 9/10 for >> Intel X86,although it is almost free,and the SunStudio 9 (CC >> 5.6)for sparc is not the same as SunStudio 9(CC 5.6) for Intel X86. This is yet one more reason why you'll need to do the legwork on this. Please let us know what you find out. Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science FAX: (615) 343-7440 Vanderbilt University WEB: www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ Nashvil...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86
Hi, >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 Thakns for using the PRF! >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Solaris10 X86 We (i.e., the DOC groups at UCI/VU/WU) don't have Solaris running on an x86 box (yet). It would therefore be great if you could figure out what patches need to be applied so that ACE compiles properly on this platform. BTW, Kitty/Bala, weren't we planning on running Solaris on an AMD box at some point? Thanks, Doug >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPIL...

[ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi, ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Solaris 10 x86 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Sun Studio 9 (Sun CC 5.6) CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: #define ACE_HAS_STANDARD_CPP_LIBRARY 1 #define ACE_USES_STD_NAMESPACE_FOR_STDCPP_LIB 1 #include "ace/config-sunos5.9.h" CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU (unless ...

[ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi,all I rebuild the ACE package according the instruction above,but get the same result. my platform_macros.GNU file has the following lines: templates = implicit include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU When i rebuild the ACE library,get the following compile errors: $ make inline=0 -j 2 -k -f GNUmakefile.ACE .... .... CC -mt -g -DSUN_CC_HAS_PVFC_BUG -I/export/home/hua/DevTools/ACE_wrappers -DACE_HAS_EXCEPTIONS -DACE_NO_INLINE -I.. -DACE_HAS_ACE_TOKEN -DACE_HAS_ACE_SVCCONF -DACE_BUILD_DLL -c -KPIC -o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_stat.o OS_NS_sys_...

RE: [ace-users] Compiling of ACE examples failed on BCB6
Hi, > ACE VERSION: 5.4.4 Yes, this I the one to use ;-). Thanks for using the PRF form > I was suggested to use this version of ACE with BCB6 > by Johnny Willemsen. > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > > Windows XP SP2 > > COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): > > Borland C++ Builder 6 Enterprise with updates one, two > and four. > > CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h > > #include "ace/config-win32.h" > > AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFEC...

[ace-bugs] ACE fails to compile under Fedora core 4
ACE VERSION: 5.4.0 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: i686-pc-linux-gnu, Fedora core 4 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Not different THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE: #include <ace/config-linux.h> THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE: include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_linux.GNU CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features: Does not exist. AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: $ACE_ROOT/ace/Unbounded_Queue.cpp DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? Yes LINKING? N/A EX...

[ace-users] ACE 5.5.7 fails to compile
ACE VERSION: 5.5.7 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Linux solatis3 2.6.20-13-generic #2 SMP Sat Mar 24 23:12:02 UTC 2007 x86_64 GNU/Linux TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: #include "ace/config-linux.h" THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C++)]: include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_linux.GNU CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles): -- file does not exist -- AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: Compliation using 'Traditional ACE/GNU Configuration' fails and generates linker errors. SYNOPSIS: I downloaded the latest ACE beta kit and attempted to install it using the traditional method. I set my parameters correctly, and compilations goes smoothly for a while until it reaches a certain file and generates linker errors (reference to a certain destructor does not exist). DESCRIPTION: This is the file that generates the error: g++ -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -O3 -g -pipe -pipe -D_REENTRANT -DAC...

[ace-users] Linux LFS (Large File Support) and ACE
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C4A029.A38CBF30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit It was not immediately apparent to me what (if anything) has to be done to enable large file support in ACE under linux, or if the ACE source might be explicitly incompatible with LFS because it is not "type clean" (i.e., uses int or long vs. off_t in some places). Can anyone comment? Thanks, A. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C4A029.A38CBF30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-885...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi Jin, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Solaris 10 x86 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> Sun Studio 9 (Sun CC 5.6) As we've mentioned several times now, we don't have this compiler installed yet on this hardware platform, so if you want things to be fixed soon I recommend you figure out what's going wrong and send us the patches. Otherwise, pl...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi Everyon: My SunBlade 150 is back up and available, and has a Sun CC license, though I don't have a lot of bandwidth to admin it. Bala know where it is and has the root password. I'll probably move it into the server room once I have a chance to talk to Dan about it, but I my be out of town this week. [dhinton@blade DRM]$ uname -a SunOS blade 5.9 Generic_112233-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 Solaris [dhinton@blade DRM]$ CC -V CC: Forte Developer 7 C++ 5.4 2002/03/09 [dhinton@blade DRM]$ gcc --version gcc (GCC) 3.4.2 Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, ...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi > > ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 > > > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > > Solaris10 X86 > > TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > > COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): > > Compiler: SUN CC 5.6 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I don't think the DOC group supports this compiler anymore.. More particularly this compiler is buggy and you may land up with unresolved symbols even if you get past this part. My $0.02. Thanks Bala > > Make: ...

RE: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
> > Ok, the problem is in platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU, when a > not known forte > > version is found, it defaults to explicit. I am updating > right now, for 4.2 > > and 5.3 we default to explicit, for all others to implicit This sounds good. > Is this necessary? I mean make it implicit by default. The > explicit is > not even supported, and has no chance to work cleanly. Why > should we patch > broken stuff. Just a thought? At least for ACE 5.5, Riverace supports the Forte compiler that requires explicit. After that, we can drop it....

Web resources about - Compilation failed for large file - comp.soft-sys.ace

KDE Software Compilation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The KDE Software Compilation ( KDE SC ) is a desktop environment and an associated range of KDE Applications produced by KDE . Prior to version ...

Movie and Gaming Compilations/Tributes - YouTube
Welcome to my channel, I love movies and video games and enjoy making compilation/tribute videos for them. If you have an idea for a video you ...

Animals in Super Bowl Ads: Video Compilation - Special: Super Bowl - AdAge
Cheetahs and horses and bears, oh my! Spots featuring fuzzy, scaly and winged creatures are a time-honored tradition in the Super Bowl. Over ...

Instagram Spotlight Compilations to Shine More Frequently
Instagram launched curated content streams called Spotlight Compilations this past Halloween, and the Facebook-owned photo- and video-sharing ...

A compilation of people hurting themselves on their new Christmas Hoverboards
Hoverboards might not be safe or legal in all places, but they’re definitely popular gifts, especially around Christmas , but controlling these ...

Saetia releasing discography compilation on Touche Amore frontman's label, streaming live album; M/R ...
Short-lived screamo greats Saetia already released the career-spanning compilation A Retrospective in 2001, and this year they'll release another ...

2015 Cute and Funny Animals Compilation
Submitted by: (via kyoot animals ) Tagged: dogs , ducks , cute , Cats , funny , Video , animals Share on Facebook

Compilation: Curry's record-setting 128 3-pointers
... Login Search form Search 58° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Compilation: ...

A Compilation Of Every Time R2-D2 Saved The Day
This is a compilation of every time R2-D2 saves the day in the first six Star Wars movies. He deserves a medal. Without him, pretty much everybody ...

Here's an Adorable Compilation of All the Times Leslie Jones Has Made Colin Jost Blush on Live TV
Flirting with your co-workers is usually inappropriate, but when it’s scripted on a teleprompter, what can you do except lean into it? Read ...