fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ace/config-all.h': No such file or directory

 ACE VERSION: 5.4.8

   - HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
     Windows XP Pro.  Unknown version of winsock.

   - TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM,
      Windows XP Pro.
   - COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
        MSVC++ 7.1.

    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h:
        $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h has been created and it has the include
file of conifg-win32.h.

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
        The file "config-all.h" doesn't compile.  The line

#include "ace/config.h"

        Generates the error message:

.../ace/config-all.h(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'ace/config.h': No such file or directory

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION? yes
        LINKING? no
        EXECUTION? yes
        OTHER (please specify)?

    SYNOPSIS:
    I have built and installed ACE + TAO and I have used the examples
and they are working fine.
   I have created directory of the ACE_ROOT and I'm trying to Build my
workspace, the idl compile fine but when I compile the all project it
gives me the error mentioned above that it cant open the
ace/config-all.h. I have add all the envornmenet variables that
mentioned in the ACE-INSTALL to my system. I dont know what else I need
to do? I would really appreicate it if someone can help me out here.
With all respect, I'm new to this and I need to learn. Thank you all.

Samer S. Issa

0
Samer

Hi Samer,

Have you added $ACE_ROOT to your include path?

Regards,
Bruce Trask

"Samer S. Issa" <issa.samer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> ACE VERSION: 5.4.8
>
>   - HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
>     Windows XP Pro.  Unknown version of winsock.
>
>   - TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM,
>      Windows XP Pro.
>   - COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
>        MSVC++ 7.1.
>
>    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h:
>        $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h has been created and it has the include
> file of conifg-win32.h.
>
>    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
>        The file "config-all.h" doesn't compile.  The line
>
> #include "ace/config.h"
>
>        Generates the error message:
>
> ../ace/config-all.h(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
> 'ace/config.h': No such file or directory
>
>    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
>        COMPILATION? yes
>        LINKING? no
>        EXECUTION? yes
>        OTHER (please specify)?
>
>    SYNOPSIS:
>    I have built and installed ACE + TAO and I have used the examples
> and they are working fine.
>   I have created directory of the ACE_ROOT and I'm trying to Build my
> workspace, the idl compile fine but when I compile the all project it
> gives me the error mentioned above that it cant open the
> ace/config-all.h. I have add all the envornmenet variables that
> mentioned in the ACE-INSTALL to my system. I dont know what else I need
> to do? I would really appreicate it if someone can help me out here.
> With all respect, I'm new to this and I need to learn. Thank you all.
>
> Samer S. Issa

0
Bruce
1/26/2006 12:36:06 PM
Bruce,
I have added the $ACE_ROOT to the environment variables, and to the C++
directories in MSVC. My question is do I need to do something special
to have my application in another directory other than ACE_wrappers?
because the examples that come with TAo are working fine but not my
application.

Samer Issa

0
Samer
1/26/2006 4:01:35 PM
Hi Samer,

>> I have added the $ACE_ROOT to the environment variables, and to the
>> C++ directories in MSVC. My question is do I need to do something
>> special to have my application in another directory other than
>> ACE_wrappers?  because the examples that come with TAo are working
>> fine but not my application.

In this case, I recommend that you start by taking an existing ACE or
TAO project file and use that as the basis for building your
application's project file.

Thanks,

        Doug
--
Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt                       Professor and Associate Chair
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science  TEL: (615) 343-8197

0
Douglas
1/26/2006 4:19:56 PM
Hi Samer,

Only things special needed is to have your include directories correctly
set, your link directories correctly set, link to the correct libraries and
have
the dlls  and exe's in your PATH and you should be good to go. The usual
stuff nothing special really

Your error says that config.h is not in $ACE_ROOT/ace directory.  Looks like
$ACE_ROOT must be wrong or config.h isn't really there.

Regards,
Bruce

> Bruce,
> I have added the $ACE_ROOT to the environment variables, and to the C++
> directories in MSVC. My question is do I need to do something special
> to have my application in another directory other than ACE_wrappers?
> because the examples that come with TAo are working fine but not my
> application.
>
> Samer Issa

0
Bruce
1/26/2006 7:51:19 PM
Thank you Bruce for your time and thanks everyone else. Well I don't
know what I'm doing wrong. I followed the steps as in ACE-INSTALL and
TAO-INSTALL excatly. I'm sure I missed somethnig or misunderstood
something. I would like to ask you Burce or anyone else if you can
provide me a step-by-step to build and install ACE + TAO in MSVC 7.1 I
would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Samer Issa
Dubai - UAE

Bruce Trask wrote:
> Hi Samer,
>
> Only things special needed is to have your include directories correctly
> set, your link directories correctly set, link to the correct libraries and
> have
> the dlls  and exe's in your PATH and you should be good to go. The usual
> stuff nothing special really
>
> Your error says that config.h is not in $ACE_ROOT/ace directory.  Looks like
> $ACE_ROOT must be wrong or config.h isn't really there.
>
> Regards,
> Bruce
>

> "Samer S. Issa" <issa.samer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Bruce,
> > I have added the $ACE_ROOT to the environment variables, and to the C++
> > directories in MSVC. My question is do I need to do something special
> > to have my application in another directory other than ACE_wrappers?
> > because the examples that come with TAo are working fine but not my
> > application.
> >
> > Samer Issa

0
Samer
1/26/2006 8:25:40 PM
Hi Samer,

>> Thank you Bruce for your time and thanks everyone else. Well I
>> don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed the steps as in
>> ACE-INSTALL and TAO-INSTALL excatly. I'm sure I missed somethnig or
>> misunderstood something. I would like to ask you Burce or anyone
>> else if you can provide me a step-by-step to build and install ACE
>> + TAO in MSVC 7.1 I would really appreciate it.

I think you're missing our point - the problem is on your end, i.e.,
*you're* not setting something correctly.  Since we're not you, we
can't help anymore, i.e., we've already told you the steps to follow.
Please follow my suggestion and try copying a working ACE+TAO project
file and use it for your application.  If you can't get this to work,
I recommend you contact one of the companies listed at

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html

for commercial support.

Thanks,

        Doug
--
Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt                       Professor and Associate Chair
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science  TEL: (615) 343-8197
Institute for Software Integrated Systems    WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt
Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 37203   NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu

0
Douglas
1/26/2006 9:15:12 PM
Hi Samer,

I looks from your previous posts that you have successfully built ACE and
TAO since you have the examples running.
Is that correct?  If that is correct,  then can you explain in detail what
you are doing after that point?  What project are you trying to get working
and where?
If you could even attach the .dsp to your post that would be great.

Regards,
Bruce

> Thank you Bruce for your time and thanks everyone else. Well I don't
> know what I'm doing wrong. I followed the steps as in ACE-INSTALL and
> TAO-INSTALL excatly. I'm sure I missed somethnig or misunderstood
> something. I would like to ask you Burce or anyone else if you can
> provide me a step-by-step to build and install ACE + TAO in MSVC 7.1 I
> would really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
> Samer Issa
> Dubai - UAE
>
> Bruce Trask wrote:
>> Hi Samer,
>>
>> Only things special needed is to have your include directories correctly
>> set, your link directories correctly set, link to the correct libraries
>> and
>> have
>> the dlls  and exe's in your PATH and you should be good to go. The usual
>> stuff nothing special really
>>
>> Your error says that config.h is not in $ACE_ROOT/ace directory.  Looks
>> like
>> $ACE_ROOT must be wrong or config.h isn't really there.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bruce
>>

>> "Samer S. Issa" <issa.samer@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Bruce,
>> > I have added the $ACE_ROOT to the environment variables, and to the C++
>> > directories in MSVC. My question is do I need to do something special
>> > to have my application in another directory other than ACE_wrappers?
>> > because the examples that come with TAo are working fine but not my
>> > application.
>> >
>> > Samer Issa

0
Bruce

[ace-users] Re: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ace/config-all.h': No such file or directory
Hi, Make sure you set ACE_ROOT to the location of ACE (for example c:\ace\ace_wrappers) and then restart the IDE, the IDE caches all environment variables after being started. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl "Samer S. Issa" <issa.samer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1138270579.069801.255530@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>... > ACE VERSION: 5.4.8 > > - HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > Windows XP Pro. Unknown version of winsock....

c:\wx\include\wx\platform.h(85): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wx/setup.h': No such file or directory
Hi, I can compile the SAMPLES find after my VC .NET converts the .DSW over. I'm going to compile a hello world at http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/wiki.pl?Hello_World It worked the first time. I screwed up the project settings and now I get this error? c:\wx\include\wx\platform.h(85): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wx/setup.h': No such file or directory Any good links for me better understand all those project settings? -Thanks! John Doe schrieb: > Hi, > > I can compile the SAMPLES find after my VC .NET converts the .DSW over. > I&...

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
Why is building via command line in VC++ 2005 is so difficult? My project builds fine from within the IDE. However, when I attempt to build it from the command line: vcbuild myproj.sln "Debug|Win32" I get the following error: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory Now... I know about the INCLUDE env var, installing the PSDK etc. In fact, I verified that windows.h is alive and kicking in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Include And checked the env var: C:\Program Files...

Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file 'afxsock.h': No such file or directory
Hi there, I am porting my windows project from my desktop and my laptop. At my desktop, I can compile and run my project/application without any problem, while at my laptop, I got the following compilation error: Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file 'afxsock.h': No such file or directory Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition is used for both cases. The two computers have virtually the same settings: My desktop runs Windows Vista Home Premium (2007), SP2 My laptop runs Windows Vista Ultimate (2007), SP2 Any idea for the fatal error? Thank you! --- news://fr...

: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'simstruc.h': No such file or directory
Dear All I am trying to import AMESim model in Simulink as S Function. But doing so, I am getting the following error: AMEcompile110.bat does a 64 bit setup Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Beta2 x64 tools. Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Beta2 x64 tools. Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022.08 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. cl.exe -c -DWIN32 -DAMESIMULINK -I"C:\Programs\MATLAB/extern/include" -I"C:\Programs\MATLAB/simulink/include" -I"C:\AMESim\v1110...

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'simstruc.h': No such file or directory
Hi I am new to Matlab and I am trying to mex .c files for the ADM1 model. I have the 64bit program and installed the Visio compiler. I did the mex -setup successfully but when I try to mex the .c files I get the following error message: >> mex adm1_DAE1.c adm1_DAE1.c adm1_DAE1.c(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'simstruc.h': No such file or directory C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2010B\BIN\MEX.PL: Error: Compile of 'adm1_DAE1.c' failed. ??? Error using ==> mex at 208 Unable to complete successfully. Anyone have any ideas what the pro...

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'hidsdi.h': No such file or directory
I have copied somebodies code into my program, edited it and such so that I can try and read any device connected to the computer via usb, find if it has a generic or advanced driver and then load the driver for the input device. All in all its so that a usb device such as a joystick or 'other' can control an external piece of hardware. I'm getting the above error. I have tried an awful lot of things to resolve it. Please throw me suggestions, so that I can try them all out! Thanks! Code: #include <hidsdi.h> Solution one: Added the DDK folder to Project Prope...

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'complex.h'
Hi, I'm trying to compile C code in matlab 7.7.0 R2008b on a Vista 64 bit system using Visual Studio C++ 2008 Express edition. And I'm getting the error: C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2008B\TOOLBOX\PACKAG~1\EMDS\SRC\cemdc.c(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'complex.h': No such file or directory If I go looking for this file in my Visual Studio include folder I can not find it. I only see a file named complex. I have already tried to rename it too complex.h, but than I get a bunch of cmath errors like the ones below: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9....

Error Installing 'termios' [ld: fatal: file crt1.o: open failed: No such file or directory]
I would greately appreciate any insite that can be provided: gem install termios Attempting local installation of 'termios' Local gem file not found: termios*.gem Attempting remote installation of 'termios' Building native extensions. This could take a while... /apps/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:290: warning: Insecure world writable dir /apps/ruby, mode 040777 /apps/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:301: warning: Insecure world writable dir /apps/ruby, mode 040777 ld: fatal: file crt1.o: open failed: No such file or directory collect2: ld...

[ace-bugs] fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'Test_Output.lib'
--001a11c37b3c6e64fa04da44c5e6 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 ACE VERSION: 6.1.8 OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 COMPILER NAME: Visual Studio 2012 AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: The problem affects linking. SYNOPSIS: Half will compile, and the other half will fail because of a link error: "fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'Test_Output.lib'" DESCRIPTION: REPEAT BY: 1. download the latest version of ACE 2. create the config.h fi...

[ace-users] Re: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
Hi Samer, Thanks very much for your email. Please make sure to send all questions related to TAO or ACE to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO newsgroup, rather than to me directly since I travel frequently and often don't have ready access to email. > Well this is how I'm learning, and this how > Istarted my small application. But Idon't understand why it is > giving me this error, it is a little bit wierd to me. I have all the > environment varaible right. If the ACE+TAO examples are working fine for you, but your application projec...

Gui having an 'open file window' and a 'save file window'
Is it possible to click on a button in the gui and have a Windows-like window where I can select the file to open and another like when you click on 'save as'? Thank you very much nathaniel zoso wrote: > Is it possible to click on a button in the gui and have a > Windows-like window where I can select the file to open and another > like when you click on 'save as'? > > Thank you very much Check out the UIGETFILE and UIPUTFILE functions, respectively. -SteveSimon ...

Re: [ace-users] Compile time error: "error: 'write_n' is not a member of 'ACE'"
Hi, You lack an include, include "ace/ACE.h" in your program Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl "Paresh" <pareshspednekar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1173985162.346951.209100@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>... > Hi All, > > ACE VERSION: 5.5.6 > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: LINUX, Kernel 2.6.19-1.2288.fc5, > i686 > > I tried to compile the program given below, but was giving following > compilation error: &g...

Unable to open include file 'stdio.h'
Hey there! First of all forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered, if it has can you direct me to the posting, I would really appreciate that! I have just installed Borland's C/C++ compiler and going to the First C Tutorial in About. com, I typed in the program and went to compile it. When I did I got the following Error messages: Error E2209 hello.cpp1: Unable to open include file 'stdio.h' Error E2268 hello.cpp4 Call to undefined function 'printf' in function main() I was wondering if someone can inform me as to what I am doing wrong and how...

'cat file' but only if 'file' exist
I'm trying to run 'cat *.x' only if *.x files exist. What is the cleanest way of doing this? I'm doing it by shopt -s nullglob for i in *.x; do cat $i; done but this is aweful typing. -- William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry@yahoo.ca> No, I will not fix your computer! I'll reformat your harddisk, though. On 2004-06-09, William Park wrote: > I'm trying to run 'cat *.x' only if *.x files exist. What is the > cleanest way of doing this? I'm doing it by > shopt -s nullglob > for i in *.x; do cat $i; done ...

error 'open file with file path'... i would like dialog and come back..
Hi Guys, &nbsp; I would like to put any dialog when i pull any bottom, which directly execute opening diferents files from path... but certains files doesnt exist with this extension... Therefore i would like when i push bottom and try open the files, when it doesnt find the name from path,&nbsp;show any dialog window telling ' the file doesnt exist' and push ok, and come back to the main window ... closing the current little window... &nbsp; I attached one picture. &nbsp; Another problem, if when i save one file test from numbers on columns, certain values are higher t...

[tao-users] Cannot open include file: 'stdint.h'
TAO VERSION: 1.4.1 ACE VERSION: 5.4.1 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): VS 7.1.3088 AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: None DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? Yes The $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h contents: #define ACE_HAS_STANDARD_CPP_LIBRARY 1 #include "ace/config-win32.h" LINKING? No EXECUTION? No OTHER (please specify)? SYNOPSIS: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdint.h': No such file or directory DESCRIPTION: Compiling the taoace.sln: The compiler...

matlab complier, Cannot open include file: 'mclmcrrt.h'
Hi guys, I was trying to use matlab compiler to compile m file to c++ file. We created the new h file, but we got error msg as follows. Cannot open include file: 'mclmcrrt.h': No such file or directory Is there anyone bumped into this kind of error before? Any suggestion will be apprciated. Thanks a lot!! Lily "Ying Li" <liyingapply@hotmail.com> wrote in message <i4o8k1$mk6$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi guys, > > I was trying to use matlab compiler to compile m file to c++ file. We created the new h file, but we got error msg as follows. > > Cannot open include file: 'mclmcrrt.h': No such file or directory > > Is there anyone bumped into this kind of error before? Any suggestion will be apprciated. Thanks a lot!! > > Lily Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I'm having the same problem with MATLAB R2010b and Visual Studio 2008. You should copy your mclmcrrt.h file located in : Program Files (x86)/MATLAB/MATLAB Compiler Runtime/vXXX/extern/include into your MVS working directory project ...

[ace-users] ace-5.6.1
I am trying to build ace-5.6.1 on a Redhat linux 7.3 machine. ./configure;make results in the following error: .../../ace/OS_NS_sys_resource.inl: In function 'int ACE_OS::getrlimit(int, rlimit*)': .../../ace/OS_NS_sys_resource.inl:24: error: invalid conversion from 'int' to '__rlimit_resource_t' .../../ace/OS_NS_sys_resource.inl:24: error: initializing argument 1 of 'int getrlimit(__rlimit_resource_t, rlimit*)' .../../ace/OS_NS_sys_resource.inl: In function 'int ACE_OS::getrusage(int, rusage*)': .../../ace/OS_NS_sys_resource.inl:56: error: inval...

Errors while file uploading thr 'net/http' or 'rest-open-uri' client
[Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] I am trying to upload a file to API thr the 'net/http' or 'rest-open-uri' client, the code I have done is require 'rest-open-uri' require 'uri' require 'cgi' require 'net/http' require 'net/https' require 'mime/types' username="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" password="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" def form_encoded(hash) encoded = [] hash.each do |key, value| encoded << CGI.escape(key) + '=' + CGI.escape(value) end return encoded.join(&...

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'wxmsw28ud_stc.lib'
Hi, I'm newbie wxWidgets on windows. How to solving this problem, I try building pgAdmin3 source from MSVC 2008 IDE. And got the error message: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'wxmsw28ud_stc.lib'. The file wxmsw28ud_stc is not in the my source directory. I hope someone can help me many thanks before Hidayat __________________________________________________ Apakah Anda Yahoo!? Lelah menerima spam? Surat Yahoo! memiliki perlindungan terbaik terhadap spam http://id.mail.yahoo.com dayat wrote: > Hi, I'm newbie wxWidgets on windows. How ...

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'yprime.mexw32'
Hi Everyone, I would like to use matlab compiler to convert matlab code to c/c++ code, but I found the error when I try to setup MEX : >> mex yprime.c LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'yprime.mexw32' C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2011B\BIN\MEX.PL: Error: Link of 'yprime.mexw32' failed. Error using mex (line 206) Unable to complete successfully. Here, I use Matlab R2011b and Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate included with SDK 7.1. Thanks in advance "lina " <livangellista@yahoo.com> wrote in message <jhe7fb$htg$1@newscl01ah.ma...

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'z.lib'
I use cmake to create makefiles for a C++ project. One of the target links is just called 'z': TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(z ... When I try to compile the code I get: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'z.lib' I have tried to download zlib for windows and point to the zlib .lib files from VS 2008 but that is not what it want. What is 'z'? mlt wrote: > I use cmake to create makefiles for a C++ project. If you have a problem with cmake, why not ask the cmake folks? There's a mailing list, from what I gather at http://www.cmake.org/ma...

Content-Disposition - Trying to open a pdf file from a servlet
Hi, I am developing an application using WSAD. I have to open a pdf file from a servlet. My code goes this way: public void doPost(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException { response.setContentType("application/pdf"); response.setHeader("Content-disposition", "attachment; filename=\"" +"example.pdf" +"\""); try { /*PrintWriter out = response.getWriter(); out.println("Welcome to Acrobat Reader"); out.flush(); out.close();*/ ...

Web resources about - fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ace/config-all.h': No such file or directory - comp.soft-sys.ace