make: *** No rule to make target `__prebuild__', needed by `all'. Stop.

I used ACE-5.4.10 on RHEL-AS3, the ACE works well.

Now I upgrade my os to CentSO4.4, Hardware CPU=P3/ MEM=512M
I can build the ACE and it's examples and run the exampls...

But I can not compile my own app source, the make end with some output
error as follows.

==============Simple Make Output============
[zheng@centos4 configer]$ make
make: *** No rule to make target `__prebuild__', needed by `all'.
Stop.

==============Detail Make Output============
[zheng@centos4 configer]$ make SHELL="sh -x"
+ awk '/ACE_MAJOR_VERSION/ { print $3}' /home/zheng/workbase/
ACE_wrappers/ace/Version.h
+ awk '/ACE_MINOR_VERSION/ { print $3}' /home/zheng/workbase/
ACE_wrappers/ace/Version.h
+ awk '/ACE_BETA_VERSION/ { print $3}' /home/zheng/workbase/
ACE_wrappers/ace/Version.h
++ ls -L /usr/lib/librt.so /lib/librt.so.1
+ test '/lib/librt.so.1
/usr/lib/librt.so'
+ echo -DACE_HAS_AIO_CALLS
+ g++ -dumpversion
+ g++ -dumpversion
+ sed -e 's/[^0-9\.]//g'
+ sed -e 's/\..*$//'
+ g++ -print-prog-name=ld
+ sh -c 'ld -v 2>&1 | grep -c "GNU ld"'
+ g++ -print-prog-name=ld
+ sh -c 'ld -E 2>&1 | egrep -i "(option|flag)" /dev/null; echo $?'
make: *** No rule to make target `__prebuild__', needed by `all'.
Stop.

0
zhengfish

in addition,
I have upgraded the ACE from V5.4.10 to V5.5.6 from
http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ACE+TAO-distribution/

0
zhengfish
4/17/2007 8:39:08 AM
I just down-grade ACE to V5.4.10, there is no that make error.
I means, ACE V5.4.10 works well on my CentOS4.4 like RHEL-AS3

0
zhengfish

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop.
I am trying to strip the texinfo, pdf, dvi and html targets from the binutils makefile in preparation for scratch building. I am getting an error, as I attempt to compile the suite as follows: config.status: executing default-1 commands make[2]: Entering directory `/volumes/vol3a/build/binutils-2.19.1/opcodes' make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop. I don't know what has gone wrong there, but how do I go about tracing the cause of this error? Which Makefile is being searched for such a rule? The project appears to have five Makefiles at this stage of compilation: cd /volumes/vol3a/build/binutils-2.19.1 find ./ -name Makefile ../bfd/Makefile ../intl/Makefile ../libiberty/testsuite/Makefile ../libiberty/Makefile ../Makefile grep all: bfd/Makefile all: config.h <---- install: install-recursive | uninstall: uninstall-recursive | | grep all: intl/Makefile | all: all-no <---- install: install-exec install-data | uninstall: | ...

djgpp, make under windwos => no rule to make target 'foo' :-(
Hi, I have a plain standard installation of djgpp, but when I try to use make with 100% valid make-files, I get an error saying: make.exe: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop. (or equivalent for any other command. There IS a rule for 'all', and I am sure I use the make from the djgpp distribution. I get a similar message if I try to make for any other string. Even if I specify the makefile (-f Makefile) I get the error. Any idea what goes wrong? Thanks in advance, R -- I use a fake senderaddress, hence unfortunately you can't reply to me by mail. The r...

compiling 'make' w/o 'make' (?)
Now that I am trying to install Debian from a CD, I found that the network card was not supported, I read that some dude had found a driver for the NIC in a MSI-M662 laptot, I myself don't know what kind of NIC is in this machine, I am going by what the dude claims. However, after downloading the alleged driver, I had to compile it, for that I need to have 'make', but this machine does not have the make program, after downloading it from the GNU' FTP site, I found out that I also have to build this program using 'make'. As you can see I am in a vicious circle, can anyone help me get out of it. TIA jamiil wrote: > However, after downloading the alleged driver, I had to compile it, > for that I need to have 'make', but this machine does not have the > make program, after downloading it from the GNU' FTP site, I found out > that I also have to build this program using 'make'. > As you can see I am in a vicious circle, can anyone help me get out of > it. Install the C development tools for whatever distribution you're currently running. Chris On Nov 8, 12:51 pm, jamiil <jalqa...@gmail.com> wrote: > Now that I am trying to install Debian from a CD, I found that the > network card was not supported, I read that some dude had found a > driver for the NIC in a MSI-M662 laptot, I myself don't know what kind > of NIC is in this machine, I am going by what the dude claims. > However, af...

compiling 'make' w/o 'make' (?)
Now that I am trying to install Debian from a CD, I found that the network card was not supported, I read that some dude had found a driver for the NIC in a MSI-M662 laptot, I myself don't know what kind of NIC is in this machine, I am going by what the dude claims. However, after downloading the alleged driver, I had to compile it, for that I need to have 'make', but this machine does not have the make program, after downloading it from the GNU' FTP site, I found out that I also have to build this program using 'make'. As you can see I am in a vicious circle, can any...

Compiling xpython: No rule to make target `runathana.py', needed by `frozen/frozen.c'.
I found an interesting project, it's a single 4.7 MB executable with stdlib+PIL+pdf r/w+magpy+wxpython environment But when compiling following the instructions http://www.xpython.org/#compiling there is an error make: *** No rule to make target `runathana.py', needed by `frozen/ frozen.c'. Stop. I am using Debian 4.0 32bit machine On Oct 10, 7:40=A0pm, est <electronix...@gmail.com> wrote: > I found an interesting project, it's a single 4.7 MB executable with > stdlib+PIL+pdf r/w+magpy+wxpython environment > > But when compiling following t...

Perl's DBD::mysql will 'make' but won't 'make test' on Solaris 10
Hey all, I've posted this previously on a mysql group to no avail, so I thought I might ask and see if anyone here has any ideas since it seems to be having problems with a Solaris supplied library (libmtmalloc.so.1) I am running solaris 10, with the solaris cc compiler. the module compiles fine. however, the first test of 'make test' fails as below. I've cut most of the bloated output, but if anyone thinks it would help I could certainly post it. If this has nothing to do with Solaris let me know, and accept my apologies. TIA, -jp Running make test PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /u...

How to test python extension modules during 'make check' / 'make distcheck'?
Hi pythonians, I'm one of the maintainers of an open source image processing toolkit (OpenCV) and responsible for parts of the autotools setup. The package mainly consists of four shared libraries but is accompanied by a python package containing some pure python code and of course extension modules for the four libraries. Now during the last month we were preparing a major release which means testing, fixing, testing, fixing, ... in the first degree. Typical functionality of the shared libraries is verified during 'make check' and 'make distcheck' by binaries that are li...

'make' rules
Hi, I would like to configure my makefile so that the executables/object files are created in another directory rather than the current directory, i.e. src: is the directory where I have src. code and makefile I want the exes and object files in .../obj Is this possible? Thanks. "psp" <pradhan.pushkar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168911766.655169.245230@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I would like to configure my makefile so that the executables/object > files are created in another directory rather than the current > directory, i.e. > src: is the...

ports
I tried to install wireshark yesterday as an upgrade to ethereal. This will sound daft - but the ports system seems unable to 'make' certain targets. The install (via portupgrade) seemed to start with a 'make clean' - which promptly failed ("don't know how to make clean"). I forced it through by running 'make install' manually in the relevant directory. I had to repeat this procedure for a couple of dependencies - and now it's finished with "make: don't know how to make package-depends-list. Stop" Any ideas what may be adrift here please? All was well for the last port installation (I forget what/when that was). (Oh yes, I did cvsup the ports tree first, fwiw) -- Please use the corrected version of the address below for replies. Replies to the header address will be junked, as will mail from various domains listed at www.scottsonline.org.uk Mike Scott Harlow Essex England.(unet -a-t- scottsonline.org.uk) On Wednesday, in article <7cYzg.9045$ts3.4233@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net> usenet.11@spam.stopper.scottsonline.org.uk "Mike Scott" wrote: > I tried to install wireshark yesterday as an upgrade to ethereal. This > will sound daft - but the ports system seems unable to 'make' certain > targets. > > The install (via portupgrade) seemed to start with a 'make clean' - > which promptly failed ("don't know how t...

''MAKING BIG MONEY WITH PAYPAL''
First, go to paypal.com and sign up for an account. It is totally free. A business account is recommended because it does not have a sending or withdrawal limit. Paypal says you can even use your name as your business. <https://www.paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=AQTEZSGGLE6HY> Next, deposit $5 into your new Paypal account. You can do this by adding your checking account to your Paypal account. (This may take 3-4 days.) Or if you want to start right away, use your credit or debit card to make the $5 deposit to Paypal. Paypal guarantees your security when using personal information. They do not re...

(Bash completion) 'cd' and 'make'
'cd' and 'make' are the only 2 commands that I really appreciate and completion. For newbies, here are relevant section from my ~/.profile: First, 'cd' is redefined to use 'pushd' to build the directory stack (ie. popd, pushd, dirs). <C-t> is bound to 'popd', so that you can jump back to previous directories. If no match is found from directory stack, then filesystem directories will be tried. cd() { pushd "${1:-$HOME}" } bind -m vi-insert -x '"\C-t": popd' _cd () { local cur=${COMP_WORDS...

Problems Building mod_tcl on Apache
Hello I am trying in put in mod_tcl 1.01 on an Apache 2.2.4 using a gcc 2.4.6 - the machine is a virtual wmware and a Solaris 10.8 86x. I have tried following the installation procedure on both apache and the mod_tcl homepage. Please give me some ideas on how to proceed. :) Files: gcc-3.4.6-sol10-x86-local.gz httpd-2.2.4.tar.gz And 'The expat, libiconv, zlib, openssl-0.9.8h, and either the libgcc-3.4.6 or gcc-3.4.6 must be installed.' fulfilled. ######## CONFIGURE ################## bash> ./configure --with-included-apr checking for chosen layout... Apache checking for wor...

biblatex: setting 'volume' field makes 'location' and 'year' be not displayed
I have set 'volume' field in my entry and I get (footnote-dw style) Author. Title. Vol 2, P. 12. instead of Author. Title. Location, Year. Vol 2, P. 12. If I delete 'volume' field I get Author. Title. Location, Year, P. 12. netimen wrote: > I have set 'volume' field in my entry and I get (footnote-dw style) > > Author. Title. Vol 2, P. 12. > > instead of > > Author. Title. Location, Year. Vol 2, P. 12. > > If I delete 'volume' field I get > > Author. Title. Location, Year, P. 12. I have to look into that. Could you p...

'portupgrade -a' without any 'make' menu pop-up?
Hi all, For some packages 'make' shows a text based GUI where one can select various compilation options for given port. Is there a way to compile all upgraded ports with default compilation selections? Upgrade is quite inconvenient when it is interrupted several times... Thanks! Marek Marek wrote: > Hi all, > > For some packages 'make' shows a text based GUI where one can select > various compilation options for given port. Is there a way to compile all > upgraded ports with default compilation selections? > > Upgrade is quite inconvenient when it is interrupted several times... > > Thanks! > Marek I don't think you can force it to use the defaults but if you have a lot of ports to upgrade then you could use "portupgrade --batch -a" which will skip any ports that require manual intervention. When portupgrade has finished it shows a list of ports which were not built. This should get most of your ports built without manual intervention. Then run portupgrade again without the "--batch" option. This should be much quicker than the first run and less inconvenient to keep an eye on. Before the second portupgrade run you could examine the list of ports which were not built in the first pass and run "make config" for selected individual ports. If I have a lot of ports to upgrade I use this approach to upgrade most of them overnight so I only have to sort o...

Acer ''Invilink_signal-up'' makes wireless disconnected
I have Acer Aspire 3000 series 3004WLCI notebook and it has Invilink- Signal_up feature as they alleges signal_up feature keep wireless awake and increases signal level...That is a fool. I am 3 metres away from my router and i frequently have disconnects (freezes) without using WZC of Windows(Broadcom BCM4318 Wireless utility). So-called, Acer's wireless signal-up technology increases wireless performance. Lie! The problem i'm having about freezing: While i'm surfing or downloading the net smoothly, randomly the data transfer(receive and sent, bi-directional) stops, no packets ar...

telecommunication student need for the help'''''''
if anybody have communiction sytems for simon haykin(4th edition) solution e book(solutions to problems), please send it to me as soon as possible. i need it emergency ...

'is not' or '!='
A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements like: if x is not None: and if x != None: Without any context, which one should be preferred? IMHO, the latter is more readable. On 2014-08-18 21:35, ElChino wrote: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: > > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. > "x == y" tells you whether x and y refer to objects that are equal. "x is y" tells you whether x and y actually refer to the same object. In the case of singletons like None (there's only one None object), it's better to use "is". "ElChino" <elchino@cnn.cn>: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: Do the following: take two $10 bills. Hold one bill in the left hand, hold the other bill in the right hand. Now, the bill in the left hand "is not" the bill in the right hand. However, the bill in the left hand "==" the bill in the right hand. > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. In almost all cases, both tests would result in the same behavior. However, the "is not" test is conceptually the correct one since you want...

'^=' and '~='?

'Cleaning' incoming (form) variables to make them 'safe'
Hi Group Under normal circumstances I'm a trusting guy, not believing that 'people are out to get me'. This is not so when I program for the internet though, and for good reasons it seems. Therefore I'm using a function that cleans incomming variables, stores the 'clean' result, and unsets the global arrays containing the POST and GET variables. My problem is: What is really making a variable unsafe under PHP? What is it that I need to check for? I haven't yet found an extensive list of such things to check for, alltough I've found a few suggesteions. But th...

how to make ["a","b",["c","d"],"e"] into ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e'] ?
--001a11c34e8edbc7c404f6a94bbe Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 >>> x=["a","b",["c","d"],"e"] >>> y=x[2] >>> y ['c', 'd'] >>> x.insert(2,y[0]) >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', ['c', 'd'], 'e'] >>> x.insert(3,y[1]) >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', ['c', 'd'], 'e'] >>> del x[4] >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', &#...

Precedence Rules for '$' and '^'
Hi there, I am author of lexertl (http://www.benhanson.net/lexertl.html), a lexer generator library, and I have recently added support for '^' and '$'. As position matching in regex is not described in any books I have looked at, does anyone know what the precedence rules should be? If an earlier rule starts with '$', does that mean that a subsequent rule starting with '^' has the '^' ignored? Thanks, Ben Hanson jamin.hanson@googlemail.com schrieb: > Hi there, > > I am author of lexertl (http://www.benhanson.net/lexertl.html), a > lexer ...

Want to make ''Get Latest Status'' function more efficient
Hey folks, I'm looking at making the following query more efficient potentially using the ranking functions and I'd like some advice from the gurus. The purpose of the following is to have a status for a person, and also have a historical background as to what they've done, status wise. This was the best way I could come up with to do this a few years back, but I'm wondering if there's a better way with Sql 2005. Here's a toned down structure and my query. Any help/critique would be greatly appreciated. CREATE TABLE #Status( StatusID int NOT NULL, StatusName VAR...

mini-tutorial needed: 'target=""' attribute for 'A'
What I knew, from back in the days of tab-less browsers: an anchor "tag" of form <A href="WhatHaveYou" target="_blank"> used to open a fresh browser window to display whatever the URI "WhatHaveYou" had on offer. In these days of tabbed browsers, though, there must be two attribute value candidates, one for spawning a new *window*, one for opening a new *tab*, and I'll be sempiternally grateful to whoever teaches me what they are. Cheers, and TIA, -- tlvp -- Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP. In article <1gvfvb0tom0wx....

a recent pull and mk all gives mk unvac mk: don't know how to make 'all' in directory /sys/src/cmd/unvac
Hello, Just did a pull and mk all in /sys/src and see the following: -=#=- .. .. .. .. pcc -c -DSTRICT -DUNICODE n7.c pcc -c -DSTRICT -DUNICODE -DTEXHYPHENS'='"sys/lib/texmf/tex/generic/ hyphen/hyphen.tex" n8.c pcc -c -DSTRICT -DUNICODE n9.c pcc -c -DSTRICT -DUNICODE -DTDEVNAME'='"utf" t10.c pcc -c -DSTRICT -DUNICODE -DNDEVNAME'='"utf" n10.c pcc -c -DSTRICT -DUNICODE t11.c pcc -c -DSTRICT -DUNICODE -DTMACDIR'='"sys/lib/tmac/tmac." ni.c pcc -c -DSTRICT -DUNICODE hytab.c pcc -c -DSTRICT -DUNICODE suftab.c ...

Web resources about - make: *** No rule to make target `__prebuild__', needed by `all'. Stop. - comp.soft-sys.ace