Problem compiling ACE 6.2.0 on GCC 4.4.7 (Redhat 4.4.7-2)

in trace.hpp

class Formatter : public Formattable
{
<snip>
private:
     const Formattable::FieldMap &getFieldMap() const;
    static ACE_Mutex mFieldMapMutex;
    static FieldMap  *mFieldMap;
};

in trace.cpp

ACE_Mutex              TraceInfo::Formatter::mFieldMapMutex;
Formattable::FieldMap  *TraceInfo::Formatter::mFieldMap =3D NULL;

const Formattable::FieldMap &TraceInfo::Formatter::getFieldMap() const
{
   ACE_Guard< ACE_Mutex > guard( mFieldMapMutex );  //line 115
   if( mFieldMap =3D=3D NULL ) {
      mFieldMap =3D new FieldMap;
      mFieldMap->add( "class",              FIELD_CLASS              );
      mFieldMap->add( "depth",              FIELD_DEPTH              );
      mFieldMap->add( "depth_indent",       FIELD_DEPTH_INDENT       );
      mFieldMap->add( "function",           FIELD_FUNCTION           );
      mFieldMap->add( "full_function",      FIELD_FULL_FUNCTION      );
      mFieldMap->add( "class_and_function", FIELD_CLASS_AND_FUNCTION );
      mFieldMap->add( "arguments",          FIELD_ARGUMENTS          );
      mFieldMap->add( "file",               FIELD_FILE               );
      mFieldMap->add( "line",               FIELD_LINE               );
      mFieldMap->add( "value",              FIELD_VALUE              );
      mFieldMap->add( "age",                FIELD_AGE                );
      mFieldMap->add( "thread",             FIELD_THREAD             );
      mFieldMap->add( "entry_exit",         FIELD_ENTRY_EXIT         );
      mFieldMap->add( "exception",          FIELD_EXCEPTION          );
   }
   return *mFieldMap;

compilation results

g++ -g  -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_imports/trace/include -I/home/kenc/cvs/nad=
s/io_imports/trace/installed_components/include -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_im=
ports/trace/include -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_imports/trace/installed_compon=
ents/include  -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_imports/trace/installed_components/i=
make    -DNARROWPROTO  -I . -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_imports/trace/installe=
d_components/include -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -pipe -D_POSIX_THREADS -D_POS=
IX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS -g -O   -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_imports/trace/inc=
lude -g -O   -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_imports/trace/include -fvisibility=3D=
hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -O3 -ggdb -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing =
-Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -pipe -Wall -g -D__linux__ -D__x86__ -rdynamic -D_=
REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE   -I/usr/local/ACE+TAO+CIAO-6.2.0/ACE_wrappers -D__=
ACE_INLINE__  -c -o trace.o trace.cpp

trace.cpp:115: error: variable =E2ACE_Guard<ACE_Mutex> guard=E2 has initial=
izer but incomplete type
trace.cpp:115: warning: unused variable =E2guard=E2

This doesnt seem to be caused by the constant-ness or static-ness of the va=
riables.
Sorry for the weird french looking grammar marks ('a' circumflex '^') aroun=
d certain words
Thanks
 Ken C
0
kenc

Hi Ken,

>in trace.hpp

To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information,
please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form
(PRF), which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

Make sure to include this information when asking any questions since
otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options
you've using, which is very error-prone and slows down our
responsiveness.  If you don't use the PRF, therefore, it is less
likely that someone from the core developer team will be able to
answer your question.  Naturally, we encourage and appreciate other
members of the ACE user community who can respond to questions that
they have the answers to.

>class Formatter : public Formattable
>{
><snip>
>private:
>     const Formattable::FieldMap &getFieldMap() const;

BTW, why are you using ACE_Mutex instead of ACE_Thread_Mutex?

>    static ACE_Mutex mFieldMapMutex;
>    static FieldMap  *mFieldMap;
>};
>
>in trace.cpp
>
>ACE_Mutex              TraceInfo::Formatter::mFieldMapMutex;
>Formattable::FieldMap  *TraceInfo::Formatter::mFieldMap =3D NULL;
>
>const Formattable::FieldMap &TraceInfo::Formatter::getFieldMap() const
>{
>   ACE_Guard< ACE_Mutex > guard( mFieldMapMutex );  //line 115
>   if( mFieldMap =3D=3D NULL ) {
>      mFieldMap =3D new FieldMap;
>      mFieldMap->add( "class",              FIELD_CLASS              );
>      mFieldMap->add( "depth",              FIELD_DEPTH              );
>      mFieldMap->add( "depth_indent",       FIELD_DEPTH_INDENT       );
>      mFieldMap->add( "function",           FIELD_FUNCTION           );
>      mFieldMap->add( "full_function",      FIELD_FULL_FUNCTION      );
>      mFieldMap->add( "class_and_function", FIELD_CLASS_AND_FUNCTION );
>      mFieldMap->add( "arguments",          FIELD_ARGUMENTS          );
>      mFieldMap->add( "file",               FIELD_FILE               );
>      mFieldMap->add( "line",               FIELD_LINE               );
>      mFieldMap->add( "value",              FIELD_VALUE              );
>      mFieldMap->add( "age",                FIELD_AGE                );
>      mFieldMap->add( "thread",             FIELD_THREAD             );
>      mFieldMap->add( "entry_exit",         FIELD_ENTRY_EXIT         );
>      mFieldMap->add( "exception",          FIELD_EXCEPTION          );
>   }
>   return *mFieldMap;
>
>compilation results
>
>g++ -g  -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_imports/trace/include -I/home/kenc/cvs/nad=
>s/io_imports/trace/installed_components/include -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_im=
>ports/trace/include -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_imports/trace/installed_compon=
>ents/include  -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_imports/trace/installed_components/i=
>make    -DNARROWPROTO  -I . -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_imports/trace/installe=
>d_components/include -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -pipe -D_POSIX_THREADS -D_POS=
>IX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS -g -O   -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_imports/trace/inc=
>lude -g -O   -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_imports/trace/include -fvisibility=3D=
>hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -O3 -ggdb -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing =
>-Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -pipe -Wall -g -D__linux__ -D__x86__ -rdynamic -D_=
>REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE   -I/usr/local/ACE+TAO+CIAO-6.2.0/ACE_wrappers -D__=
>ACE_INLINE__  -c -o trace.o trace.cpp
>
>trace.cpp:115: error: variable =E2ACE_Guard<ACE_Mutex> guard=E2 has initial=
>izer but incomplete type
>trace.cpp:115: warning: unused variable =E2guard=E2

This is probably cause by you not including the appropriate header
file for ACE_Guard and/or ACE_Mutex.

Doug
--
Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt                       Professor and Associate Chair
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science  TEL: (615) 294 9573
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:25:13 PM UTC+12, Douglas C. Schmidt wrote:
> [...]
>
> >lude -g -O   -I/home/kenc/cvs/nads/io_imports/trace/include -fvisibility=3D=
>
> >hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -O3 -ggdb -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing =
>
> >-Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -pipe -Wall -g -D__linux__ -D__x86__ -rdynamic -D_=
>
> >REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE   -I/usr/local/ACE+TAO+CIAO-6.2.0/ACE_wrappers -D__=
>
> >ACE_INLINE__  -c -o trace.o trace.cpp
>

> >trace.cpp:115: error: variable =E2ACE_Guard<ACE_Mutex> guard=E2 has initial=
>
> >izer but incomplete type
>
> >trace.cpp:115: warning: unused variable =E2guard=E2
>

> This is probably cause by you not including the appropriate header
>
> file for ACE_Guard and/or ACE_Mutex.
>

> Doug
>
> --
>
> Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt                       Professor and Associate Chair
>
> Electrical Engineering and Computer Science  TEL: (615) 294 9573

Hi Doug,
Apologies for not following correct form, I am accessing this via google group comp.soft-sys.ace and there is no clear "sticky" msgs to get correct rules of group, but nevermind.
The PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM follows
    ACE VERSION: 6.2.0

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
        If on Windows based OS's, which version of WINSOCK do you
        use?:
cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.32-358.el6.x86_64 (mockbuild@c6b8.bsys.dev.centos.org) (gcc version 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-3) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Fri Feb 22 00:31:26 UTC 2013

    TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
same

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform-
    specific file, simply state which one]:
#include "ace/config-linux.h"

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you
    use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one
    (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual
    C++)]:
include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_linux.GNU

    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features
    (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles):
I only have a default.rel in that directory sorry ...

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
[What example failed?  What module failed to compile?]

The problem is in my user code which is invoking ACE_Mutex. ACE Itself built ok.

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION?
yes
        LINKING?
no
            On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first?
yes
        EXECUTION?
        OTHER (please specify)?
[Please indicate whether ACE, your application, or both are affected.]

only my application is affected

    SYNOPSIS:
[Brief description of the problem]

 presented in original email above (I assume you dont want me to repeat it here?)

[Detailed description of problem.  Don't just say "<blah>
doesn't work, here's a fix," explain what your program does
to get to the <blah> state. ]

As above

    REPEAT BY:
[What you did to get the error; include test program or session
transcript if at all possible.  ]

    SAMPLE FIX/WORKAROUND:
[If available ]
0
kenc
6/27/2013 6:31:12 AM
Hi Ken,

Thanks for using the PRF.  Please see my responses to you in my
original email about making sure you're including the appropriate
header files.  Also, I don't know why you're using ACE_Mutex instead
of ACE_Thread_Mutex.

Doug

--
Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt                       Professor and Associate Chair
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science  TEL: (615) 294 9573
Vanderbilt University                        WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt
Nashville, TN 37203                          NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu
0
schmidt

TRSDOS II, version 4.2.0, 4.2.2, 4.2.4, 4.2.6 (or 4.3.x or 4.4)
Hi, Group I require a copy of the above DOS, but I need it _on disk_ as I do not have an emulator for the Model II that must be tested. Is there any possible sources of the OS on disk, or can you advise if the original 8" drive can be hooked to another device so that I can transfer an electronic copy to the disk to boot the machine? What other options do I have? Thanks L replying to my own post :-) I found an article here (http://www.tim-mann.org/trs80resources.html) where Tim describes a trick to rescue a disk's contents. This should be a workable solution...

ANNOUNCE: Release of DJGPP ports of GCC-5.2.0, GCC-4.9.3, GCC-4.8.5,, GCC-4.7.4 and GCC-3.4.6 for DJGPP v2.05
This is announcement of GCC-5.2.0, GCC-4.9.3, GCC-4.8.5, GCC-4.7.4 and GCC-3.4.6 for DJGPP v2.05 GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for the GNU Compiler Collection. All these GCC versions are built using DJGPP v2.05 under Windows Vista Business SP3. Requirements for using binary packages: - DJGPP v2.05 (packages are NOT intended to be used with DJGPP v2.03) - binutils-2.22 or above (binutils-2.24 or above recommended) Currently all packages are still located at: ftp://ftp.de...

Does 4/2/2= (4/2)/2 =1 OR = 4/(2/2)=4
I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 or 4/2/2 = 4/(2/2) = 4 On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. ....snip... <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> -- dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <...

GnuPG / PGP signed checksums for PostgreSQL 7.4.5, 7.4.4, 7.3.7, 7.3.6, 7.3.5. 7.2.5

gcc-c++ errors for gcc version 4.7.2 20120921 (Red Hat 4.7.2-2)
Hello, I've been trying to compile a c++ project but failing with the errors= below :=20 =20 In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-redhat-linux/4.7.2/../../../../incl= ude/c++/4.7.2/iostream:39:0, from test.cpp:3: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-redhat-linux/4.7.2/../../../../include/c++/4.7.2/i686-red= hat-linux/bits/c++config.h: In function =91int main()=92: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-redhat-linux/4.7.2/../../../../include/c++/4.7.2/i686-red= hat-linux/bits/c++config.h:171:1: error: =91namespace=92 definition is not = allowed here In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-...

[ace-users] Re: Compiling ACE 5.4 with gcc 3.4.2 (fc3) #2
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF form. ACE 5.4 doesn't work with GCC 3.4.2, you will end up with much more problems. We recommend you to upgrade to the x.4.4 version which you can obtain from http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl "Syn" <syn_net@noos.fr> wrote in message news:<1110289867.262543.50690@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>... ACE VERSION: 5.4 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Linux 2.6.9-1.667 (Fedora Core 3) ...

[tao-users] Use of TAO_OutputCDR and ACE_Message_Block in CORBA::Any from TAO 1.4.1|ACE 5.4.1 to TAO2.2.0|ACE 6.2.0
This is a multipart message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BF_01CEA8D4.9E005C80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable TAO VERSION: 2.2.0 ACE VERSION: 6.2.0 =20 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: x86_64 and Red Hat - Linux 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5 =20 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: =20 COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): gcc (GCC) 4.8.1 =20 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE: config-linux.h =20 THE $ACE...

[ace-users] Re: [tao-support] Has ACE 5.4.4/TAO 1.4.4 been built with gcc 4.0.0 yet
Hi Robert, > When building ACE 5.4.4/TAO 1.4.4 using gcc 4.0.0 under fedora core > 4 test 2 on an x86 platform I get a lot of errors mainly to do with > template instantiations. Has anyone successfully build TAO/ACE using > the latest gcc ? We just added GCC 4.0.0 support to ACE+TAO recently. The forthcoming x.4.5 beta should work nicely with GCC 4.0.0. We hope to have this available very shortly (there's just one remaining snag with typecodes that should be fixed in the next day or so). If you'd like to give things a try before we release x.4.5 please dow...

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi, We are pleased to announce a new beta of ACE-5.4.7, TAO-1.4.7 and CIAO-0.4.7. Since the x.4.6 beta had so many changes and improvements, we wanted to get this new beta out quickly to fix several important bugs reported by our users, which we greatly appreciate, as always. We've also added a number of subsetting improvements that reduce the static/dynamic footprint of ACE+TAO significantly. As usual the latest release is available at: http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. We encourage you to download the ...

4:2:2 to 4:4:4 conversion
Hi, I have subsampled 4:4:4 image using 15-tap filter into 4:2:2 image. Now, in order to view 4:2:2 image, I need to convert it back into 4:4:4 image. I have repeated the chroma samples to create chroma values for alternate luma samples erstwhile without chroma. However, I am doubtful of the method. Do I need to interpolate to create the missing chroma samples? What is generally done in such a scenario?? Regards, Ajay "Ajay" <mishraka@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1113558255.605980.208160@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have subsampled 4:4:4 image ...

[ciao-users] Utility library not being found on ACE/TAO/CIAO 5.4.2/1.4.2/0.4.2
Hello again, I am still attempting to install BBN's quo system and I was just informed that I should use ACE/TAO/CIAO 5.4.2/1.4.2/0.4.2. This is the reason for using an older version. CIAO VERSION: 0.4.2 TAO VERSION : 1.4.2 ACE VERSION : 5.4.2 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Dell Dimension 8100 w/ Gentoo Linux (2.6 kernel) TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: CCF library DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? ...

[News] Compilers: GCC 4.4.4 is Prepared, LLVM 2.7 Arrives

ACE 5.4.2 + TAO 1.4.2 client, ORBacus 4.1.2 NameService, and JACOrb 1.4.1 servants
Hi everyone, Background: ----------- I'm very new to CORBA, ACE & TAO. I'm trying to integrate with a 3rd party system which exposes a CORBA object model to clients. This system is composed of JACOrb 1.4.1 servers registering with an ORBacus 4.1.2 NameService. We've got existing software that uses ACE 5.4.2, and the 3rd party documentation mentions that people have used TAO (no version specified) previously to integrate with their system, so I'm trying out TAO 1.4.2 as a natural solution to the problem. Environment Specifics: ---------------------- - AC...

[ace-bugs] ACE 6.2.7 compilation issue with MinGW i686-posix-dwarf-rev3 g++ 4.8.2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090906030801070004040900 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I've tried to compile ACE+TAO under. Windows 7 with MinGW. I'm using MinGW i686-posix-dwarf-rev3 g++ 4.8.2. Th report: ACE VERSION: 6.2.7 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): MinGW i686-posix-dwarf-rev3 g++ 4.8.2 inside MSYS 1.0.11. THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE CONTENT: #include "ace/config-win32.h" THE $ACE_ROOT/i...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.4, gettext_activerecord-2.0.4, gettext_rails-2.0.4
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.4 and the families (gettext-2.0.4, gettext_activerecord-2.0.4 and gettext_rails-2.0.4) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.4 * Fix String#% return nil when the string have no place holders. [by okkez] * Update pofiles and remove old messages. * suppress some warnings on Ruby 1.9.x. [by Nobuhiro IMA...

[ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi,all I rebuild the ACE package according the instruction above,but get the same result. my platform_macros.GNU file has the following lines: templates = implicit include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU When i rebuild the ACE library,get the following compile errors: $ make inline=0 -j 2 -k -f GNUmakefile.ACE .... .... CC -mt -g -DSUN_CC_HAS_PVFC_BUG -I/export/home/hua/DevTools/ACE_wrappers -DACE_HAS_EXCEPTIONS -DACE_NO_INLINE -I.. -DACE_HAS_ACE_TOKEN -DACE_HAS_ACE_SVCCONF -DACE_BUILD_DLL -c -KPIC -o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_stat.o OS_NS_sys_...

[ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi, ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Solaris 10 x86 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Sun Studio 9 (Sun CC 5.6) CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: #define ACE_HAS_STANDARD_CPP_LIBRARY 1 #define ACE_USES_STD_NAMESPACE_FOR_STDCPP_LIB 1 #include "ace/config-sunos5.9.h" CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU (unless ...

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.0 won't compile after GCC upgrade (3.3.3 -> 3.4.3) #2
Hi Colm, Ok, thanks for that explanation. I solved this a different way for a similar problem that showed up with Visual Age C++ on AIX 5.2... When the 5.4.5 beta comes out, please try this again and hopefully no further workarounds will be needed. Thanks, -Steve -- Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation Adding Service to Open Source Software ACE book info at http://www.riverace.com/acebooks/ > -----Original Message----- > From: Colm McHugh [mailto:cmchugh@callixa.com] > Sent: We...

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.0 won't compile after GCC upgrade (3.3.3 -> 3.4.3) #2
Hi J.T., Right... The issue is a bit odd... Here's the check I added for ACE: dnl This check was added to work around a system-supplied header dnl (/usr/include/netinet/ip.h) that won't compile with Visual Age C++ dnl unless the _NO_BITFIELDS preprocessor macro is defined. The comments dnl there recommend use of _NO_BITFIELDS (and recode where needed to allow dnl that), but we won't just turn it on. Check to see if it's needed. Note dnl that this check is related to headers but done before we really know if dnl the header is present. Thus, if the bare compile fa...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi > > ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 > > > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > > Solaris10 X86 > > TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > > COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): > > Compiler: SUN CC 5.6 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I don't think the DOC group supports this compiler anymore.. More particularly this compiler is buggy and you may land up with unresolved symbols even if you get past this part. My $0.02. Thanks Bala > > Make: ...

RE: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi, > > > I don't think the DOC group supports this compiler anymore.. More > > > particularly this compiler is buggy and you may land up with > > > unresolved > > > symbols even if you get past this part. > > > > I missed the compiler version. But, Forte 8 gives output of > SUN C++ 5.5. Ok, the problem is in platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU, when a not known forte version is found, it defaults to explicit. I am updating right now, for 4.2 and 5.3 we default to explicit, for all others to implicit Qinghuajin and other Forte...

RE: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi, > >> It's almost up. There are some issues with installing software as > >> we don't have the media in a compatible form yet. We also don't > >> have Sun CC, and we need to purchase a licence if we need to > >> support Sun CC. > > Ok, that's fine - thanks for the update. I think some other folks > (e.g., LMCO ATL and Remedy) have Solaris 9/10 and Sun CC, so we may > not need to worry about running Sun CC on our machine. Johnny/Gautam, > can you folks please confirm/deny whether you've got Sun CC on Solar...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Johnny- > Ok, the problem is in platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU, when a not known forte > version is found, it defaults to explicit. I am updating right now, for 4.2 > and 5.3 we default to explicit, for all others to implicit Is this necessary? I mean make it implicit by default. The explicit is not even supported, and has no chance to work cleanly. Why should we patch broken stuff. Just a thought? > Qinghuajin and other Forte 9 users, you can work around this by added the > following line to your platform_macros.GNU file. > templates = implicit This is until w...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi Jin, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Solaris 10 x86 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> Sun Studio 9 (Sun CC 5.6) As we've mentioned several times now, we don't have this compiler installed yet on this hardware platform, so if you want things to be fixed soon I recommend you figure out what's going wrong and send us the patches. Otherwise, pl...

Web resources about - Problem compiling ACE 6.2.0 on GCC 4.4.7 (Redhat 4.4.7-2) - comp.soft-sys.ace

Cool tools for compiling to JavaScript
Every programmer has a favorite language or two. JavaScript lovers are the luckiest these days because their language is taking over the Internet ...

Feds put protest activity under microscope in compiling national 'risk forecast'
Use of social media, the spread of "citizen journalism," and the involvement of young people are among the key trends highlighted by a federal ...

10 Tips For Compiling A Deal Sheet
Compiling a deal sheet is a great way of taking stock of your experience and of seeing where your experience may be lacking.

Compiling 64-Bit Code
Describes the 64-bit features available in OS X.

Is there a benefit to compiling your code as you go?
Stack Exchange This Q&A is part of a weekly series of posts highlighting common questions encountered by technophiles and answered by users ...

6 cool tools for compiling to JavaScript
Every programmer has a favorite language or two. JavaScript lovers are the luckiest these days because their language is taking over the Internet ...

Compiling The Absurd Box Score For Space Jam ; Or, Shawn Bradley Sucked Against Cartoons, Too
This is Regressing, a numbers-minded column by our clever friends at the Harvard College Sports Analysis Collective. Over the next few days, ...

We're Compiling Every Police-Involved Shooting In America. Help Us.
The United States has no database of police shootings. There is no standardized process by which officers log when they've discharged their weapons ...

Flat UI Pro Tutorial: Setting and Compiling Using LESS
In this video tutorial, you use components from Flat UI Pro to create a complete simple mail app using LESS. He takes you through the steps to ...

Industrious 4chan user is compiling a list of every videogame ever made
... me to enter a few hundreds of games into my Backloggery account , and I haven't even finished it yet. Ambitious 4chan user Data_baser is compiling ...