RE: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO - 5.4.6 + 1.4.6 + 0.4.6 released

Hi,

Please use the prf form and which configuration you build. I personally
think you have an old version of ACE/TAO on the system that is used.

Regards,

Johnny

0
Johnny

Re: [ace-users] Building ACE+TAO x.6.4 with MFC using VS 9.0
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF form > TAO VERSION: 1.6.4 > ACE VERSION: 5.6.4 >=20 > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: WinXP SP2 (Home Ed) >=20 > COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): MS VC++ 9.0(.21022.8), > .NET Framework 3.5, 2008 SDK >=20 > DESCRIPTION: >=20 > I'm trying to run ACE_Init_Test, which only does something useful if > ACE_HAS_MFC is defined. The TAO FAQ suggests I should #define it (as > a non-zero integer, I assume) in config.h, which I've done, but the > compiler produces the following error: >=20 > So it looks like Win2K is the oldest OS supported by SDK 2008. In > config-win32-common.h, I found >=20 > # define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0400 // pretend it's at least WinNT 4.0 >=20 > I changed 0x400 to 0x500 (Win2K) and then I could compile. So the > first question is, does anyone see any problem with this? Maybe it > should be (re)defined in config-win32-msvc-9.h instead? You can define this yourself in the config.h, that works. It is for = example also needed when you try to use ipv6 with msvc9. If you don't use mfc or ipv6 you can use 0x0400 as default > Minor issue: config-win32-msvc-9.h is not listed in the solution > Header Files for project ACE_vc9_Static (which means it's missing from > ace.mpc?). Yes, will add this, thanks > The next problem is, in ACE_Init_Test.cpp, the first non-comment line > is ...

Re: [ace-users] Building ACE+TAO x.6.4 with MFC using VS 9.0 #2
Hi Folks, The following posting is courtesy of Simon Massey. Thanks, Doug > Subject: RE: Building ACE+TAO x.6.4 with MFC using VS 9.0 > Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 04:09:01 -0400 > From: "Simon Massey" <Simon.Massey@prismtech.com> > To: "Johnny.Willemsen" <jwillemsen@remedy.nl>, > <> > Cc: <ace-users@cs.wustl.edu> > > As far as I know, if you define an microsoft MFC project, i.e. an application that IS an MFC application, that MWC/MPC project should include ace_mfc as a base project, either directly or by adding -base ace_mfc to the MWC/MPC command. This tells MWC/MPC to force ACE_HAS_MFC as a define onto the compiler line, thus all source has this macro defined correctly and a microsoft MFC application results. > > If you are not using MWC/MPC to generate your project files (for example creating a new MFC project), I believe this is also how microsoft do it, adding the _AFX define (or whatever it is) to the compiler lines; therefore to include ace MFC style libraries you would also need to add ACE_HAS_MFC as well. > > Isn't this the same "configurational" problem that you were talking about yesterday? > > I'll have a quick look at the missing CACE_Init_TestDlg class, as soon as I can, but as far as I was concerned I wasn't trying to get all of the tests to be MFC applications with my mods, just building MFC compatiable li...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 available for download
Hi all, Thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 release. The x.6.4 release is available from the usual download location at http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 95% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a summary of these tests. As alwa...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi Folks, Thanks again to everyone from the DOC group and the ACE+TAO+CIAO user communities who helped get the x.3.6 beta out the door. As Bala mentioned, it's really important to get your feedback before we release the ACE+TAO+CIAO x.4 release since that will become the baseline for the next round of commercially supported products. I know it's a busy time of year for lots of people, but we'd really appreciate your help testing this beta to ensure that the forthcoming official x.4 release will work well on as many platforms as possible! Thanks very much, Doug ...

[tao-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO
Hi Folks, The new x.4 release represents a LOT of work by a lot of dedicated people, both in and out of the DOC group. We appreciate all your help. As usual, please let us know if you run into problems. Thanks, Doug ...

Problem compiling ACE 6.2.0 on GCC 4.4.7 (Redhat 4.4.7-2)
in trace.hpp class Formatter : public Formattable { <snip> private: const Formattable::FieldMap &getFieldMap() const; static ACE_Mutex mFieldMapMutex; static FieldMap *mFieldMap; }; in trace.cpp ACE_Mutex TraceInfo::Formatter::mFieldMapMutex; Formattable::FieldMap *TraceInfo::Formatter::mFieldMap =3D NULL; const Formattable::FieldMap &TraceInfo::Formatter::getFieldMap() const { ACE_Guard< ACE_Mutex > guard( mFieldMapMutex ); //line 115 if( mFieldMap =3D=3D NULL ) { mFieldMap =3D new FieldMap; mFieldMap->add( "class", FIELD_CLASS ); mFieldMap->add( "depth", FIELD_DEPTH ); mFieldMap->add( "depth_indent", FIELD_DEPTH_INDENT ); mFieldMap->add( "function", FIELD_FUNCTION ); mFieldMap->add( "full_function", FIELD_FULL_FUNCTION ); mFieldMap->add( "class_and_function", FIELD_CLASS_AND_FUNCTION ); mFieldMap->add( "arguments", FIELD_ARGUMENTS ); mFieldMap->add( "file", FIELD_FILE ); mFieldMap->add( "line", FIELD_LINE ); mFieldMap->add( "value", FIELD_VALUE ); mFieldMap->add( "age", ...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO x.6.4 RPM for Fedora
Greetings, I've uploaded Fedora source and binary RPM for ACE+TAO x.6.4 to: http://dist.bonsai.com/ken/ace_tao_rpm/ The source RPM are believed to build on RHEL systems as well. Please let me know if there are problems/issues. Apologies for the delay ... Ken -- Ken Sedgwick Bonsai Software, Inc. http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ (510) 610-4162 ken+5a4@bonsai.com Public Key: http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ken.asc GPG Fingerprint: 851E 3B07 E586 0843 9434 5CC7 4033 3B9B 3F3F 9640 ...

[ace-users] Re: Does TAO 1.4.6 turn on IMR by default?
Hi OCI guys, Can you please address Sandy's question below? Thanks, Doug >> TAO VERSION: 1.4.6 >> ACE VERSION: 5.4 >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> HPUX 9000, CPU: B2600, build on HP_UX11i, tested on HP_UX11i >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> config-hpux-11.00.h >> platform_hpux_gcc.GNU >> >> We migrated from TAO1.4 to the TAO 1.4.6. Our CORBA servers do not use >> IMR. We some of us noticed that in the TAO debug trace, it calls IMR >> functions. >> >> Does TAO 1.4.6 set -ORBUseIMR to 1 and ORBIMREndpointsInIOR to 1 by >> default? >> >> If we do not want to use IMR, do we have to explicitly set -ORBUseIMR >> 0, and -ORBIMREndpointsInIOR 0 in the CORBA server start up command? >> >> We do not need to do this in the pre TAO 1.4.6. >> >> Thanks >> Sandy >> -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu Hi Dr. Schmidt, Thanks for your reply. Is this something that OCI guys made the change on TAO 1.4.6? FYI, We are not using OCI version of TAO, ...

[ace-users] Re: build ace with stlport 4.6.x errors
Hi Wen, To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. Thanks, Doug >> Compiling... >> IOStream.cpp >> D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\streamb.h(67) : error >> C2371: 'ios' : redefinition; different basic types >> D:\XPLib\STLport\stlport\stl/_iosfwd.h(78) : see declaration of >> 'ios' >> ... >> >> it was successful building the ace before i installed stlport 4.6.x into my >> build environments. after that, i met the errors as the above shows. >> >> if i use stlport instead of default lib coming with msvc6.0, how to >> eliminate the building errors? >> >> -- >> With my kind regards, >> Wen >> >> -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integra...

[ace-announce] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 available for download
[...]

[ace-users] ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE x.0.6 released
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.0.6, TAO 2.0.6, CIAO 1.0.6, and DAnCE 1.0.6, which is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit." The doxygen documentation for this release is also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS $DANCE_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 96% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE tests. Please see: htt...

[ace-users] ACE 6.0.1 and TAO 2.0.1 RPMs available
Hi all, ACE 6.0.1 and TAO 2.0.1 RPMs are now available at OpenSuSE build service. OBS provides currently RPMs for: - CentOS 5 - Fedora 12/13/14 - Mandriva 2009.1/2010/2010.1 - RHEL 4/5/6 - SLES 9/11/11SP1 - OpenSuSE 11.1/11.2/11.3/Factory Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Check our scoreboard at http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl/ ...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.6 available for download
Hi all, Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.6 release. The x.6.6 release is available from the usual download location at: http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit". The doxygen documentation for the release is also available. The prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available. In addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the: $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at: $TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/ for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU, UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward. Overviews of our recent progress and upcoming plans are available at: $ACE_ROOT/NEWS $TAO_ROOT/NEWS $CIAO_ROOT/NEWS The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our daily builds is 97% for the ACE tests and 96% for the TAO tests. Please see: http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ for a summary of these te...

[ace-bugs] Re: [tao-users] JDK 1.4.2 client with TAO 1.4 server
Hi Amir, Thanks for using the PRF. >> TAO VERSION: 1.4 >> ACE VERSION: 5.4 >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Linux Red Hat 8 >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> Intel PC Windows 2000 >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> gcc version 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7) >> javac (sun JDK 1.4.2) >> AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: >> DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: >> COMPILATION? >> no >> LINKING? >> no >> EXECUTION? >> yes ...

[ciao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 available for download
[...]

[tao-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.4 available for download
[...]

[ace-users] ACE 6.2.6/TAO 2.2.6 RPMs available on OBS
Hi, Through the OpenSuSE build service we are providing RPMs for ACE/TAO. We have updated OBS this morning, RPMs for the various distributions are appearing online. For more details see http://www.orbzone.org/node/344 Best regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Support and services for ATCD http://www.theaceorb.nl ...

[ace-users] ACE SSL build errors on Ubuntu 12.10 with ACE+TAO version 6.1.0
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, however, the last time it poped up in= the email list history was in 2007. I'm getting a bug in compiling ACE wit= h SSL in my environment. Initially, I installed the ACE libraries and dev e= nvironment for Ununtu 12.10, along with the OpenSSL libraries. My intent wa= s to start playing around with an ACE based SSL web client. When the librar= ies shipped with this version of Ubuntu started wigging out in the HTTPS_Se= ssion area, I figured that this was just the builders bad form for not runn= ing the ACE tests. So, off I went to build ACE, with SSL. Currently, ace without SSL builds fine, but as soon as I add in the ssl=3D1= to the make line, I get linker errors. Looking at the source code, this ap= pears to be some kind of confusion over defines in the ssl.h file belonging= to the OpenSSL package. Anyway, here's the PRF: ACE VERSION: 6.1.0 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Ubuntu 12.10 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: Same COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): gcc 4.7.2 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: ace/config-linux.h THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C+...

[ace-users] ACE SSL build errors on Ubuntu 12.10 with ACE+TAO version 6.1.0
--14dae9340cc3f8a4c204d496c32b Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, however, the last time it poped up in the email list history was in 2007. I'm getting a bug in compiling ACE with SSL in my environment. Initially, I installed the ACE libraries and dev environment for Ununtu 12.10, along with the OpenSSL libraries. My intent was to start playing around with an ACE based SSL web client. When the libraries shipped with this version of Ubuntu started wigging out in the HTTPS_Session area, I figured that this was just the builders bad form for not running the ACE tests. So, off I went to build ACE, with SSL. Currently, ace without SSL builds fine, but as soon as I add in the ssl=3D1 to the make line, I get linker errors. Looking at the source code, this appears to be some kind of confusion over defines in the ssl.h file belonging to the OpenSSL package. Anyway, here's the PRF: ACE VERSION: 6.1.0 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Ubuntu 12.10 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: Same COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): gcc 4.7.2 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: ace/config-linux.h THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you use a link to a platform-specific file...

[ciao-users] Much better component deployment speed on ACE+TAO+CIAO 6.2.4
Hi All, Just as a matter of interest, I recently updated ACE+TAO+CIAO from 6.1.9 to 6.2.4 and noticed a HUGE improvement in the speed of component deployment using DAnCE. Deploying 6 components used to take about 10sec in 6.1.9 but it has dropped to less than 1 sec in 6.2.4. How was this improvement obtained? Regards, Hartmut ...

[tao-users] Much better component deployment speed on ACE+TAO+CIAO 6.2.4
Hi All, Just as a matter of interest, I recently updated ACE+TAO+CIAO from 6.1.9 to 6.2.4 and noticed a HUGE improvement in the speed of component deployment using DAnCE. Deploying 6 components used to take about 10sec in 6.1.9 but it has dropped to less than 1 sec in 6.2.4. How was this improvement obtained? Regards, Hartmut ...

[ace-bugs] FW: building ACE 6.2.0/6.2.2 win XL C/C++ v12.1 on AIX7.1 results in compiler error when instantiating ace templates
--_004_80317163A516B94B988E1615F9FAFB1989DFD215otwlxg22opentex_ Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_000_80317163A516B94B988E1615F9FAFB1989DFD215otwlxg22opentex_" --_000_80317163A516B94B988E1615F9FAFB1989DFD215otwlxg22opentex_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable To: ace-bugs@list.isis.vanderbilt.edu<mailto:ace-bugs@list.isis.vanderbilt.= edu> Subject: [area]: [synopsis] ACE VERSION: 6.2.2 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: AIX 7.1 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: config.h -> config-aix-7.h THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C++)]: platform_aix_ibm.GNU CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles): AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: [What example failed? What module failed to compile?] DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first? YES Our application fails to build with ACE6.2.0/6.2.2 on AIX 7.1 with AIX XL C= /C...

[ace-users] ACE 6.2.0/6.2.2 bult with XL C/C++ v 12.1 on AIX71 or XL C/C++ v 9.0 on AIX61
--_000_80317163A516B94B988E1615F9FAFB1989DFE22Cotwlxg22opentex_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable To: ace-bugs@list.isis.vanderbilt.edu<mailto:ace-bugs@list.isis.vanderbilt.= edu>; ace-users@list.isis.vanderbilt.edu<mailto:ace-users@list.isis.vanderb= ilt.edu>; Subject: [area]: [synopsis] ACE VERSION: 6.2.2 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: AIX71 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: config.h -> config-aix-7.h THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C++)]: platform_aix_ibm.GNU CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles): AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? NO LINKING? YES/NO On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first? YES EXECUTION? YES OTHER (please specify)? [Please indicate whether ACE, your application, or both are affected.] SYNOPSIS: Numerous symbols searched for by an application are not foun...

[ace-bugs] ACE+TAO+CIAO (x.4.1) released
Hi, Thanks to substantial efforts by many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce a bug-fix-only (BFO) release for ACE+TAO+CIAO (x.4). As discussed at http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-development-process.html a BFO beta only contains fixes for the x.4 distributed released in mid-January. The goal of a BFO release is to provide a more stable base for ACE+TAO+CIAO users and to allow commercial support vendors to stabilize the release for their product offerings. The latest BFO release has been tagged ACE-5.4.1, TAO-1.4.1 and CIAO-0.4.1. As usual, i...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO x.6.6 RPM for Fedora
Greetings, I've uploaded Fedora source and binary RPM for ACE+TAO x.6.6 to: http://dist.bonsai.com/ken/ace_tao_rpm/ The source RPM are believed to build on RHEL systems as well. Please let me know if there are problems/issues. Ken -- Ken Sedgwick Bonsai Software, Inc. http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ (510) 610-4162 ken+5a4@bonsai.com Public Key: http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ken.asc GPG Fingerprint: 851E 3B07 E586 0843 9434 5CC7 4033 3B9B 3F3F 9640 ...

Web resources about - RE: [ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO - 5.4.6 + 1.4.6 + 0.4.6 released - comp.soft-sys.ace

ACE+TAO+CIAO Sponsors
ACE+TAO+CIAO Sponsors The following companies, organizations, and funding agencies havesponsored our work on ACE , TAO , and CIAO over the pasttwo ...