RE: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2

Hi,

> > >     ACE VERSION: 5.4.3
> > >
> > >     HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
> > >          Solaris10  X86
> > >     TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
> > >     COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
> > >         Compiler:  SUN CC 5.6
> 		^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> I don't think the DOC group supports this compiler anymore.. More
> particularly this compiler is buggy and you may land up with
> unresolved
> symbols even if you get past this part.

I missed the compiler version. But, Forte 8 gives output of SUN C++ 5.5.
Maybe we should add a check to one of the Sun config file to check the SUN
CC version? Something like:

// Forte 6 is the oldest Forte version we sopport
#if __SUNPRO_CC < 0x530
# error Your SUN CC compiler is too old, upgrade to a newer version
#endif

Johnny

0
Johnny