RE: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2

Hi,

> > > I don't think the DOC group supports this compiler anymore.. More
> > > particularly this compiler is buggy and you may land up with
> > > unresolved
> > > symbols even if you get past this part.
> >
> > I missed the compiler version. But, Forte 8 gives output of
> SUN C++ 5.5.

Ok, the problem is in platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU, when a not known forte
version is found, it defaults to explicit. I am updating right now, for 4.2
and 5.3 we default to explicit, for all others to implicit

Qinghuajin and other Forte 9 users, you can work around this by added the
following line to your platform_macros.GNU file.
templates = implicit

Regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT