From: Johnny Willemsen [mailto:jwillemsen@remedy.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 2:42 PM
To: 'Ishay Green'; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu
Subject: RE: [ace-users] [ACE 5.5] Upgrade from ACE 5.4.7 to ACE 5.5

Hi,

> ACE VERSION: 5.5

Thanks for using the PRF form.

> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
>
>    Intel, WindowsXp, Windows 2003

An important bit information is missing, which compiler did you use.

> AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
>    The only problem we encountered was a compilation error
> when construction ACE_Time_Value.
>
>    The ACE_Time_Value cannot be constructed anymore from an integer.
>
>    For example: ACE_Time_Value( 5 ) --> Compile error

Great to hear things work without problems. This errors sounds strange, we
do have test cases like this in tests/Time_Value_Test.cpp. We do have made
all constructors of ACE_Time_Value explicit. As a result if you have a
method that expects a ACE_Time_Value&, you just can't pass for example 5,
you have to pass an ACE_Time_Value(5).

Regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT