Re: [ace-users] ACE online tutorial 8: failed when broadcast a datagram

Hi,

It is unclear which tutorial you speak about, only use the tutorials which
are in the distribution.

Regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT
Postbus 101
2650 AC  Berkel en Rodenrijs
The Netherlands
www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl

*** Integrated compile and test statistics see http://remedy.nl ***
*** Commercial service and support for ACE/TAO/CIAO             ***
*** See http://www.theaceorb.nl/en/support.html                 ***

<hongxing777@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Version: 5.5.8
> host: windows xp sp2, suse linux enterprise server 9 sp2
> compiler: vs.net 2003, gcc 3.3.3
>
> the tutorial 8 using ACE_SOCK_Dgram_Bcast to broadcast datagram to the
> addr INADDR_BROADCAST. when I run the broadcast_client, it complains
> that:
> send: Network is unreachable.
>
> But when I run the dedicated_client of tutorial 8, it succeeds.
> My environment is SuSE Linux Enterprise 10, dual network interface
> (all are configed and up).
> I am sure SLES10 support broadcast alse. So why this error?

0
Johnny

[ace-users] Re: ACE Online Tutorials
Hi, >> Just a quick question... the link for the online ACE tutorials seems to be >> broken in the ACE documentation tree (returns a 404). The URI I am getting >> is: >> >> http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-tutorials.html >> >> The rest of the docs seem to be OK so far. Can someone point me to an >> alternate URI or a downloadable tar/zip archive of the contents? Ee have removed these online tutorials for the following reasons: .. No one was maintaining them, so they didn't work very well anymore. ...

Re: [ace-users] ACE online tutorial 7 (thread pool tcp server from HuiHoo) compile failed in Linux.
Hi, > My question is: the compile error message complains about the ACE code > not of tutorial 7. why? Because the online tutorials are broken and don't include the necessary header files. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl *** Integrated compile and test statistics see http://remedy.nl *** *** Commercial service and support for ACE/TAO/CIAO *** *** See http://www.theaceorb.nl/en/support.html *** ...

ACE online tutorial 8: failed when broadcast a datagram
Version: 5.5.8 host: windows xp sp2, suse linux enterprise server 9 sp2 compiler: vs.net 2003, gcc 3.3.3 the tutorial 8 using ACE_SOCK_Dgram_Bcast to broadcast datagram to the addr INADDR_BROADCAST. when I run the broadcast_client, it complains that: send: Network is unreachable. But when I run the dedicated_client of tutorial 8, it succeeds. My environment is SuSE Linux Enterprise 10, dual network interface (all are configed and up). I am sure SLES10 support broadcast alse. So why this error? Hi, >Version: 5.5.8 >host: windows xp sp2, suse linux enterprise server 9 sp2 >compiler: vs.net 2003, gcc 3.3.3 > >the tutorial 8 using ACE_SOCK_Dgram_Bcast to broadcast datagram to the >addr INADDR_BROADCAST. when I run the broadcast_client, it complains >that: >send: Network is unreachable. > >But when I run the dedicated_client of tutorial 8, it succeeds. >My environment is SuSE Linux Enterprise 10, dual network interface >(all are configed and up). >I am sure SLES10 support broadcast alse. So why this error? Please stop trying to use those old tutorials with the latest versions of ACE since they are not designed to work together properly. The tutorials are still available in $ACE_ROOT/docs/tutorials in older versions of ACE, so you can continue to use them there if you'd like. In particular, I think the version of ACE at http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/old_distribution/ACE-5.4.1.zip may be...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.1 >> >> HP Server and HP-UX 11.1 >> >> aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.37 >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h : config-hpux-11.00.h >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU : >> platorm_hpux_aCC.GNU >> >> AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: >> >> $ACE_ROOT/ace - Compiled successfully but >> >> $ACE_ROOT/ - failed to compile as shown below >> >> Installing gperf -> /home/umit...

[ace-users] Re: [ace-bugs] ACE Licensing Issue: ace/CLASSIX
Hi Michael, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.4 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> HP rp8400 HP-UX 11iv1 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> aCC >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU >> (unless >> this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C++): >...

Re: [ace-users] ACE::open() failing after ACE::init(255) for Solaris platforms
Hi, To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is very error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. If you don't use the PRF, therefore, it is less likely that someone from the core ACE+TAO developer team will be able to answer your question. Naturally, we encourage and appreciate other members of the ACE+TAO user community who can respond to questions that they have the answers to. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl "Lucky" <aparesh.sood@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1175067301.009473.243550@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>... > For Solaris platforms > > ACE::init(255) > > ACE::open() // returns -1 > > > Error message is "Invalid Arguments". > Can someone please comment on this? > > Thanks > Aparesh > ...

Re: [ace-users] [ace-bugs] ace-bugs: AIO_CLD(Proactor) fails on Linux
Hi, Thanks again for using the PRF! > ACE VERSION: 6.1.7 > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > > Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU > Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS > Linux version 3.2.0-37-generic > > TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): > > gcc version 4.6.3 > (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) > > THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE: > > #include "ace/config-linux.h" > > THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE : > > include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_linux.GNU > ssl=1 > > CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features > (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles): > > NONE > > AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: > > examples/C++NPv2/AIO_Client_Logging_Daemon.cpp > > DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: > EXECUTION! > While testing example code for C++NPv2 Ch.8 Proactor, > sr_configurable_logging_server dies with a ...

RE: [ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE & POSIX
Hey there's a thought. ;-) I like it. Kindly, Graham -----Original Message----- From: owner-ace-bugs@cse.wustl.edu [mailto:owner-ace-bugs@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Stephen Torri Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 9:38 PM To: Douglas C. Schmidt Cc: ace-bugs@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Re: [ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE & POSIX Douglas C. Schmidt wrote: > Hi Folks, > > >>Yes, but it sure would make the ACE libraries smaller and potentially >>easier to maintain. A lot of the OS specific code would go away. ;-) > > > Ah, but there&#...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] need sample program for Broadcast using ACE under linux
Hi, Just do a grep in $(ACE_ROOT)/examples and $(ACE_ROOT)/tests for the classes you search for, there are hundreds of tests/examples. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl "Dinesh_Velayutham" <Dinesh_Velayutham@Satyam.Com> wrote in message news:<F2D23F9F6380624E851D42792BD5E9BC011B641E@bbv.satyam.com>... > Dear All > I need a sample program for Broadcast message. I created my self. > its not working in my network, i tried with windows2000. > I need ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] DCLP and ACE
Hi Yongwei, >> Has anyone here read the DDJ article "C++ and the Perils of >> Double-Checked Locking"? It is available at this URL: >> >> http://www.ddj.com/documents/ddj0408l/ >> >> Regretfully registration is needed to read it. >> >> In brief, Scott Meyers and Andrei Alexandrescu talked about why DCLP is >> unsafe, esp. on multiprocessor environments. The most difficult part >> seems to be the Alpha Reordering problem, described at >> >> http://www.cs.umd.edu/~pugh/java/memoryModel/AlphaReorde...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] Contribution to ACE
Hi Ishay, >> I will submit it soon. Great, thanks. >> The solution is implemented as part of my company internal framework. It is >> not written with the coding style of ace. >> >> Should I do some kind of adjustment before submitting it to the group? Yes - please see http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-guidelines.html for instructions on how to conform to the ACE programming guidelines. >> Should I rewrite it so it will compile with the ace library? Yes, please try to get things working "out of the box&quo...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE Site Down !!!!!!!!
Hi Folks, >> Could you please post the URL's that you think are down? If you are >> takling of the intro online tutorials from Dr. Schmidt's website, >> then I may know the answer. Those tutorials were removed from the >> repository a few days back. BTW, the tutorials were removed for two reasons: .. No one was maintaining them. If you or anyone else would like to volunteer to maintain them we can add them back. .. They have been superceeded by the material from C++NPv[12] and APG, which are described at http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schm...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE
Hi Srujan, >> I am using ACE 5.1 on Solaris. How can I find out that IPv6 is >> enabled in my build. I couldnt use the ACE::ipv6_enabled() >> function. Also, in ACE5.1 how can I detertmine at run time that >> IPv6 has been enabled on the machine. ACE 5.1 is ANCIENT. Please upgrade to a more recent version of ACE, e.g., ACE 5.4.4 <deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html> or one of the commercially supported versions, as discussed at http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] Moving to ACE?
Hi Marcelo, Thanks for your email. BTW, to ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE-warnings
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF form. It seems you are using compiler options we are not using in our builds. What I have done is setup a small ACE build with some extra warnings enabled, see http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/integrated.html for the SuSE_92_GCC3.3.4_x86_64_extended_warnings build. It seems some work can be done, if you have patches to improve things, send them to the mailing list (make then bases on 5.4.2, 5.4 is almost a year old) and we can see if we can apply them. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlan...

Re: [ace-bugs] RE: FW: [ace-users] ACE & POSIX
Hi Graham, >> Having spent most of my time in the murky world of real-time >> embedded systems (for the medical industry) I can tell you this. >> It is quite unlikely that the "old dodgers" (according to your >> definition I would fall into that category) would upgrade their >> version of ACE. If the current (or older) version of ACE works why >> upgrade? That's not been our experience working with scores of companies during the past decade. There are many companies who are stuck using older compiler platforms, but are quite happ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] build ACE with gcc 3.4.1 on Solaris 8
Hi Paul, >> Has anyone built ACE library with gcc 3.4.1 on Solaris 8? We've got Solaris 8 on our scoreboard at http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ but it's running gcc 3.3, not 3.4.1. >> We have some problems with 5.4 and now I am thinking of giving >> 5.4.2 a try. Please try 5.4.2 and let us know what problems you're having. Ossama, do we have a 3.4.1 build anywhere? Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science FAX: (615) 343-7440 Vanderbil...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] need sample program for Broadcast using ACE under linux #2
Hi Dinesh, To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. >> I need a sample...

[ace-users] Re: Upgrading project from ACE 5.2.8 to ACE 5.4 version
Hi Sekhar, Thanks very much for your email. Please make sure to send all questions related to TAO or ACE to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO newsgroup, rather than to me directly since I travel frequently and often don't have ready access to email. See http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html for more info on how to access these resources. > I got problems when building my project with latest ACE 5.4 version > but my project has no problems while building with ACE 5.2.8 > version. I need help to upgrade my project to build with ACE 5.4 > version. >...

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE
Hi, When ACE 5.4 was released the MinGW port wasn't really up to date. Upgrade to the latest beta, that will work. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Douglas C. Schmidt > Sent: woensdag 12 oktober 2005 19:11 > To: silviu_andrica@yahoo.com > Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: [ace-users] Re: ACE > > > Hi Silviu, >...

[ace-users] [ACE] ACE tests fails when running test suite coming along with the ACE package.
------=_Part_15751_29314851.1158178144544 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi, I had sent this mail yesterday before I subscribed the mail list. Since it did not show in the daily digest, I'm wondering if the email has been received. So hereby I'm sending the report again. If you guys have already got the previous one, just discard this email and I appologize for the duplicate. Hai Hi, I'm not a direct ACE user. In my current project I'm using a IEEE1451.1 lib that is built upon ACE 5.2. Since ACE 5.2 produced a lot compile and link error when using my current machine and OS, I turned to ACE 5.5 thinking it should be compatible with v5.2. I downloaded the ACE 5.5 package from the website. There was no trouble compiling and linking the code. However, to make sure the lib is usable, I ran the test suite that comes along with the package (under the directory $ACE_ROOT/tests/) using ./run_test.pl. There are four tests reported errors. I'm wondering if that indicates bugs in the current building and if the built lib still usable? The following are the problem discription in the bug report form. Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks if any of you could help. ACE VERSION: 5.5 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Linux r3-mobile 2.6.14-1.1644_2.FC4.cubbi_swsusp2_rcubed (Fedora Core 4) TARGET MAC...

RE: [ace-users] ACE Link failed, why?
Hi, Please use the PRF form else we just can't help you. Did you link with the ACE library. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of ??? > Sent: donderdag 28 oktober 2004 8:19 > To: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: [ace-users] ACE Link failed, why? > > I typedef the ACE_DLList <H_NewMap> and ACE_DLList_Iterator<H_NewMap> ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE & POSIX]
Hi, >> I'm looking around for a theme to my Thesis (I'm doing a master degree >> in software engineering), and I'm wondering about in doing something in >> that direction (to propose, design and start developing a modern and >> standard compliant "ACE new generation". >> >> If there is any interest in consolidate something in this direction, I >> will glad join this effort with all my "thesis energy" to do so. That would be very cool. As I mentioned in another email, the next generation ACE (ACEng or A...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] how to transmit file in ACE
Hi, >> I want to write the program whitch want to transmit file with >> ACE, how can I do it? which method and related classs information I >> should use? To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. >> My project using the Proactor model to communiction between >> client and server. and I can't confirm that if I use >> ACE_Asynch_Transmit_File to transmit the files from all of the >> clients to the server, that the performance will be the bottleneck >> of the system. also, I don't know how to use >> ACE_Asynch_Transmit_File. any body can give any advice will be >> great approciate! There are examples of using the Proactor and ACE_Asynch_Transmit_File in ACE_ROOT/examples/Reactor/Proactor/ Take care, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for ...

Web resources about - Re: [ace-users] ACE online tutorial 8: failed when broadcast a datagram - comp.soft-sys.ace

Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 User Reviews
Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 reviews written by Phone Arena users. You can read the opinion of each user and how they rate the phone in 11 categories. ...

Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 official: iPhone-alike size for the new user
Samsung has revealed another in its Galaxy series, the Galaxy Ace 3, now targeting entry-level smartphone users who want a pocket-friendly 4-inch ...