Re: [ace-users] Problem with ACE-5.4.2 #2

Hi

> > When we released x.4.2, autoconf support was available only for ACE.
> > TAO and CIAO were not completely supported. Therefore we bundle
> > autoconf only with ACE distribution, i.e., with ACE.tar.gz, ACE.tar.bz2
> > etc. Does this make sense? Probably for the next beta TAO would have
> > autoconf support.
>
> BTW, I see the NEWS file isn't included on the ACE.zip nor the
> ACE.tar.bz2 archives for 5.4.2. I 've downloaded Am I Right on this
> or do I have some problem with the versions of the (de)archiving
> utilities I'm using?.

That was a mistake. We missed that in the distribution. I am fixing
it as we speak.

You can definitely take a look at the file from

http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/NEWS
http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/TAO/NEWS
http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/TAO/CIAO/NEWS

Thanks