Re: [ace-users] Re: ACE/TAO corba: 4 questions

Dr. Schmidt-

> >> 1. I have to switch to bidirectional connection model because
> >> clients behind NAT/firewall can not be called back by server. I do
> >> not really know how to change my application to use bidirectional
> >> TCP connections. Do I have to add some ORB parameter for
> >> client/server? Do I have to change client/server source code or
> >> something else?
>
> Please see
>
> $TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional/
> $TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional_MultipleORB/
> $TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional_NestedUpcall/
>
> for some examples.  I also recommend that you upgrade to the TAO 1.4.2
> release since I believe it fixes some bugs in earlier versions of
> TAO.  Bala, can you please confirm/deny.

There was a bug fixed after x.4.2 and the test

$TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional_MultipleORB/

was for this bug. I would recommend using the latest version from the
main trunk until we cut x.4.3. To use the code from the main trunk
please use the anon cvs repo. INformation to access the repo is available
at

http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu/anoncvs.html

[...]
> >> 4. Does ACE/TAO corba support proxy connection? Can I configure
> >> client to connect to some corba server through proxy server (with
> >> or without user authentication)? How can I achieve this? Most other
> >> client-server application have such option so I believe that it
> >> should be available in cobra too.
>
> I believe that the examples in
>
> $TAO_ROOT/tests/ORT/
>
> may be useful here.  Bala, is there a better example?

The example in

  $TAO_ROOT/orbsvcs/examples/ORT

might be better.

Thanks
Bala

0
Balachandran

RE: [tao-users] Re: [ace-users] Re: Announcing the release of the new beta (ACE-5.4.10, TAO-1.4.10 and CIAO-0.4.10)
Hi, > > >> We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your > > >> applications, and let us know soon if you encounter any problems > > >> since we plan to cut the x.5 release by February 28th. > > > > As per Wallace's comments, we have an aggressive schedule > for the x.5 > > release to meet the needs of some major sponsors. If > people can give > > x.4.10 a "test drive" in the next couple of days and report problems > > they encounter we'll try to ensure that we fix any >...

[ace-users] Re: ACE/TAO corba: 4 questions
Hi Martin, >> I have recently developed corba client/server application using >> ACE/TAO and I have faced few problems that I have to solve now. My TAO >> version: 1.4 Please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/...

RE: [tao-users] RE: [ace-users] XML service configuration no longer works with ACE/TAO 5.4.5/1.4.5
Hi, > > Hi Lothar > > > > > � � ACE VERSION: 5.4.5 > > > > Thanks for using the PRF form. Could you try to find the > problem and send > > us patches to fix this? > > > > Regards, > > > > Johnny Willemsen > > I have no problem committing some time to the problem. I do > however know as > much as nothing about the ACE XML parser and it's recent > changes. It seems to > me that (some) of the recent changes might have caused the > test failures. So > if someone working active...

RE: [ace-users] Re: Question about ACE
Hi, So far as I know the ACE 5.4.4 should build with Embedded Visual C++. Because you don't used the PRF form we lack more info to give you more directions. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Douglas C. Schmidt > Sent: vrijdag 15 april 2005 18:50 > To: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu; ofup@voila.fr; spence_m@ociweb.com > Subject: [ace-users] Re: Question about ACE > > > Hi, ...

RE: [ace-users] Re: Questions about ACE
Hi, > > Has ACE been built on a Windows 98SE with g++ (mingw)? > > To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, > please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form > (PRF), which is in > > $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM > $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM > > or in > > $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM > $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM > > in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information > when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to > "guess" ...

[ace-users] Re: [tao-support] Has ACE 5.4.4/TAO 1.4.4 been built with gcc 4.0.0 yet
Hi Robert, > When building ACE 5.4.4/TAO 1.4.4 using gcc 4.0.0 under fedora core > 4 test 2 on an x86 platform I get a lot of errors mainly to do with > template instantiations. Has anyone successfully build TAO/ACE using > the latest gcc ? We just added GCC 4.0.0 support to ACE+TAO recently. The forthcoming x.4.5 beta should work nicely with GCC 4.0.0. We hope to have this available very shortly (there's just one remaining snag with typecodes that should be fixed in the next day or so). If you'd like to give things a try before we release x.4.5 please dow...

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] XML service configuration no longer works with ACE/TAO 5.4.5/1.4.5
Hi Lothar > � � ACE VERSION: 5.4.5 Thanks for using the PRF form. Could you try to find the problem and send us patches to fix this? Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > > � � HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > uname -a > Linux janus 2.6.11.4-20a-default #1 Wed Mar 23 21:52:37 UTC > 2005 x86_64 x86_64 > x86_64 GNU/Linux > > � � TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > � � COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEV...

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE-TAO subesetting
Thanks Don, Yes I do intend to follow up on the material you have alluded to in the mail. And I stumbled upon your contact during some initial reading on this subject. <snip><http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-subsets.html> Anyone interested in contributing time or funding to these efforts should please contact d.hinton@vanderbilt.edu <snip> /Gaurav -----Original Message----- From: Don Hinton [mailto:don.hinton@vanderbilt.edu] Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 10:42 AM To: Gaurav Khanna Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: [ace-users]...

Re: [ace-users] Some questions about ACE-TAO
Yateen- > > Can I get short answers to following questions regarding ACE-TAO > if I am required to use it for my development work? I have tried > answers for the same in the archives, but could not get much > information. Will appreciate your help here. > > 1. What is the maximum and minimum executable size? Please see http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/stats/simple_footprint.shtml for some idea on the minimum size. The max size is dependant on the application (based on the number of features that the application uses). The data has been collected fr...

Re: [ace-users] question about ACE+TAO
Hi Yunier, > I am working in a distributed control system on linux and windows, using ACE-TAO for transport. I am comunication server > and clients application througth firewalls. I am using Name Service for register my objects for RPC. The Name Service is > sarted done with an IP and Port properly ( "-ORBListenEndpoints iiop://ip:port" ). I need to know if the Name Service use > some internal partucular port, bicause the clients found de Name Services and the object but can not call remote methods. > Does exist another port to configure in the firewall? >...

RE: [ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE & POSIX
Hey there's a thought. ;-) I like it. Kindly, Graham -----Original Message----- From: owner-ace-bugs@cse.wustl.edu [mailto:owner-ace-bugs@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Stephen Torri Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 9:38 PM To: Douglas C. Schmidt Cc: ace-bugs@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Re: [ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE & POSIX Douglas C. Schmidt wrote: > Hi Folks, > > >>Yes, but it sure would make the ACE libraries smaller and potentially >>easier to maintain. A lot of the OS specific code would go away. ;-) > > > Ah, but there&#...

RE: [ace-users] segfault on linux x86-64 with ACE/TAO 5.4.4/1.4.4
Hi Lothar, Thanks for using the PRF form. It looks that one of the pointers to strcmp is zero, maybe that results in the crash. Could you post a small test app that reproduces the problem? Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > ACE VERSION: 5.4.4 > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > uname -a > Linux janus 2.6.11.4-20a-default #1 Wed Mar 23 21:52:37 UTC > 2005 x86_64 x86_64 > x86_64 GNU/Linux > > TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM,...

RE: [ace-users] Re: compile ACE+TAO.tar.bz2 (version 5.4.9) in Linux failed:
Hi, This is a problem with the autoconf usage, there was a bug in that, please use the traditional way of building and please use the PRF form, then it would be clear on the first look that you did use autoconf. This will be fixed in the upcoming x.4.10 version. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > Please see > > http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/ > > for a summary of the SUSE platforms that we support (which look like > SUSE 10). I ...

RE: [ace-users] Re: ACE
Hi, When ACE 5.4 was released the MinGW port wasn't really up to date. Upgrade to the latest beta, that will work. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Douglas C. Schmidt > Sent: woensdag 12 oktober 2005 19:11 > To: silviu_andrica@yahoo.com > Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: [ace-users] Re: ACE > > > Hi Silviu, >...

Web resources about - Re: [ace-users] Re: ACE/TAO corba: 4 questions - comp.soft-sys.ace

Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 User Reviews
Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 reviews written by Phone Arena users. You can read the opinion of each user and how they rate the phone in 11 categories. ...

Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 official: iPhone-alike size for the new user
Samsung has revealed another in its Galaxy series, the Galaxy Ace 3, now targeting entry-level smartphone users who want a pocket-friendly 4-inch ...