Re: [ace-users] RTP, RTCP Streaming Audio/Video Apps using ACE Sockets or TAO CORBA ?

Hi Tom,

>> Can anyone point to ANSI/ISO Standard C++ middleware or origin end
>> server source code that can be directly compiled into a streaming
>> audio/video server that has used ACE TCP or UDP Sockets or TAO
>> CORBA.

There are a bunch of examples in the TAO release at

TAO_ROOT/orbsvcs/tests/AVStreams/

>> I also have a vested interest in streaming media over the internet
>> and would like to understand how ACE can or has been used by
>> someone in the ACE/TAO community for developing RTP based server
>> apps.

Yamuna/Irfan, do you have any other suggestions for places to look
based on your experience with the UAV project at BBN?

Thanks,

        Doug
--
Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor           TEL: (615) 343-8197
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science FAX: (615) 343-7440

0
Douglas

[ace-users] RTP, RTCP Streaming Audio/Video Apps using ACE Sockets or TAO CORBA ?
Can anyone point to ANSI/ISO Standard C++ middleware or origin end server source code that can be directly compiled into a streaming audio/video server that has used ACE TCP or UDP Sockets or TAO CORBA. I have purchased an excellent book titled RTP: Audio and Video for the Internet - An Addison Wesley title. There is no CD with the book that has C++ source code examples to run on LINUX or Mac OS X. I have ACE+TAO+CIAO installed on my system and am currently reading the APG as a beginning ACE developer. I also have a vested interest in streaming media over the internet and would like to understand how ACE can or has been used by someone in the ACE/TAO community for developing RTP based server apps. Much Thanks for any pointers or references to case studies with practical examples that can be used. Tom Wallick __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com ...

RE: [ace-users] ACE+TAO
Hi Tom, > I am attempting to research existing 802.11 Wireless > server side applications implemented in ANSI/ISO > Standard C++ using ACE-based Sockets code or > ACE+TAO-based OMG CORBA object references. > > > Anyone in the ACE community that has developed 802.11 > Wireless apps using C++/ACE or C++/TAO? Are you looking to run directly on 802.11? If you could instead run over TCP/UDP/IP on 802.11, that would be much easier in many ways. Best regards, -Steve -- Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation Adding Service to Open Source Software ACE book info at http://www.riverace.com/acebooks/ ...

[tao-users] Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO
Hi, >> My only guess is that all of the libs you are linking in your >> builds were not compiled with a consistent set of options. Right, my recommendation would be to completely blow away your existing ACE+TAO x.5 directory, download a fresh version, and start from a clean slate. It sounds like you may have things lying around from previous build attempts. Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO
Hi, To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. > I know we can set exceptions = 1 or 0 in platform_macros.GNU > to use ACE's exception handling or C++'s native exception handling. > > But I am still not clear on which value should I set exceptions to if > I want to use only the C++'s native exception handling support. Then just set it to 1 which is the default. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl ------=_Part_4854_4331443.1142846841468 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline ACE VERSION: 5.5 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: *Sparc, Solaris 10 * If on Windows based OS's, which version of WINSOCK do you use?: TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AN...

RE: [ace-users] Building ACE apps using ACE Programmers Guide instructions
Hi Tom, > Host Platform: Red Hat LINUX Professional 9.0 > Installed ACE Version: ace-54+tao-14+ciao-04tar.gz > lastest stable release > > My ACE_ROOT configuration is as follows: > > #.bash_profile > > export ACE_ROOT=/usr/local/ACE_wrappers > > PATH=$PATH:$ACE_ROOT/bin > > #.bashrc > > export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ACE_ROOT/ace:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH > > #the $ACE_ROOT/ace directory is where all the ACE > shared libraries are stored as well as of course the > ace headers. > > I noticed some ACE app samples include headers with > the > > "ace/Reactor.h" style > > while few include headers with the > > <ace/Reactor.h> style - preferred > > The standard include style, the latter, is how I > include it in my apps, but the ACE Programmers Guide > has the "ace/Reactor.h" style. Why? Because the <> form is usually used for system-installed headers. The ACE stuff is most commonly just unpacked into a directory and not installed, hence the "" style. It is certainly not "wrong" to do it with <> as you prefer. > Also I am about to build my app and have used the > example Makefile style guide reference on pages 31 and > 32 of the ACE Programmers Guide. > > Here is my Makefile: > > PROGRAM = AbstractCallManager_Acceptor > SOURCES = AbstractCallManager_Accepto...

Re: [ace-users] Re: ACE/TAO corba: 4 questions
Dr. Schmidt- > >> 1. I have to switch to bidirectional connection model because > >> clients behind NAT/firewall can not be called back by server. I do > >> not really know how to change my application to use bidirectional > >> TCP connections. Do I have to add some ORB parameter for > >> client/server? Do I have to change client/server source code or > >> something else? > > Please see > > $TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional/ > $TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional_MultipleORB/ > $TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional_NestedUpcall/ > > for some examples. I also recommend that you upgrade to the TAO 1.4.2 > release since I believe it fixes some bugs in earlier versions of > TAO. Bala, can you please confirm/deny. There was a bug fixed after x.4.2 and the test $TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional_MultipleORB/ was for this bug. I would recommend using the latest version from the main trunk until we cut x.4.3. To use the code from the main trunk please use the anon cvs repo. INformation to access the repo is available at http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu/anoncvs.html [...] > >> 4. Does ACE/TAO corba support proxy connection? Can I configure > >> client to connect to some corba server through proxy server (with > >> or without user authentication)? How can I achieve this? Most other > >> client-server application have such option so I believe that it >...

[ace-users] ACE+TAO
I am attempting to research existing 802.11 Wireless server side applications implemented in ANSI/ISO Standard C++ using ACE-based Sockets code or ACE+TAO-based OMG CORBA object references. Anyone in the ACE community that has developed 802.11 Wireless apps using C++/ACE or C++/TAO? Are there any links or refences to code samples in how that would be done? Much Thanks, Tom Wallick __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] How to use the IPV6 in ACE?
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF. >> TAO VERSION: 1.3 >> ACE VERSION: 5.3 You definitely want to upgrade to ACE 5.4.1, which you can obtain from the "usual place" at http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Intel P4/Windows 2000 Server SP4 >> SUN Ultra/ Solaris 8 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> VC7.1 >> SUN Workshop Forte C++ 6 update 1 >> >&g...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] How to Use IPv6 in ACE?
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.1 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> SUN Solaris 8 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> SUN Forte6 C++ UP1 >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- >> specific file, simply state which one]: >> config-sunos5.8.h >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] Using ACE with COM
Hi Zvika, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.2 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Windos XP Pro, winsock2 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> MSVC6 SP5 >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- >> specific file, simply state which one]: >> #include "config-win32.h" >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT...

RE: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO
Hi, The files hand-crafted from pseudo IDL in the ORB are all using -Ge 1, the same as the orbsvcs files in your use case, so there should be no conflict. When you say you've set exceptions=1, does that mean for orbsvcs or for the TAO build as well? We are in the process of dropping support for ACE's exception handling, and as I understand it, in the version of ACE+TAO that you have, ACE exception handling should not be possible. My own workspace always uses native exception handling (and the IDL compiler option -Ge 1), and I have no build problems at any time. My only guess is that all of the libs you are linking in your builds were not compiled with a consistent set of options. If you could do a sanity check on this, we can eliminate it as a cause of the problem and look into it more deeply. thanks, Jeff > -----Original Message----- > From: Douglas C. Schmidt [mailto:schmidt@cse.wustl.edu] > Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 7:08 AM > To: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu; mycorba@gmail.com; > parsons@dre.vanderbilt.edu > Subject: Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception > handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO > > Hi, > > Thanks for using the PRF. > > >> ACE VERSION: 5.5 > > >> Why the -Ge flag is 1 in all the GNUmakefile.* (e.g. > >> GNUmakefile.CosNaming) in the directory: > >> $TAO_ROOT/orbsvcs/orbsvcs. In fact= , I h...

Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO #2
Hi Ji, >> The problem seems to me that the application code is compiled with >> an own set of GNU makefiles, they don't use the rules from the ones >> we ship with ACE. Is this correct? If so, then it's no surprise you're having problems.. >> I would propose that the reporter uses MPC to generate the >> makefiles and build those, all really looks like mismatches in >> compiler settings. Right, that's my intuition, as well. Take care, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu "Douglas C. Schmidt" <schmidt@cse.wustl.edu> writes: >>> The problem seems to me that the application code is compiled with >>> an own set of GNU makefiles, they don't use the rules from the ones >>> we ship with ACE. > > Is this correct? If so, then it's no surprise you're having problems.. > >>> I would propose that the reporter uses MPC to generate the >>> makefiles and build those, all really looks like mismatches in >>> compiler settings. > > Right, that's my intuition, as well. One advantage of the autoconf build is that almost all of...

RE: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C64CE3.591E106C Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, =20 >From the errors below, it looks like: =20 - You have either overridden the base class method _is_a() when it needs no overriding, or you have declared another method with the same name in your implementation class. =20 - You have used throw specs in methods and then have their implementations throw exceptions not in the list. =20 - You have used methods in ACE_Array_Map that don't exist. =20 =20 None of these things is related to exception handling, at least, to the question of whether exception handling is native or emulated. =20 Jeff _____ =20 From: Ji Soo [mailto:mycorba@gmail.com]=20 Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:51 AM To: Jeff Parsons Cc: Douglas C. Schmidt; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO =09 =09 Hi,=20 =20 Now I have download a fresh TAO's source package and built it. I compiled an idl file with tao_idl. =20 The command line is : tao_idl -Sc -Sp -Ge 2 -hc _c.hh -hs _s.hh -cs _c.cc -ss _s.cc -ci _c.i -si _s.i -Wb,pre_include=3Dace/pre.h -Wb,post_include=3Dace/post.h -I. MyTest.idl. =20 And then I compile the generated stub and skelton codes with my implementation codes. The command line is: ...

RE: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO #2
Hi, > >> In fact, I built ACE + TAO with all the default configuration. > >> Just created one file config.h in ACE_wrappers/ace, which > includes one line= > >> : > >> #include "ace/config-sunos5.10.h", and another file > >> ACE_wrappers/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU, > which includes only > >> one line: > $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU. > >> > >> Then I cd into ACE_wrappers/ace and run "gmake", and then cd into > >> ACE_wrappers/apps/gperf and ACE_wrappers/TAO and run "gmake". > >> There seems no problems during the building except > warnings about some > >> modules missed such as "x11" and "SSL". > >> > >> Yes, there is no CORBA::Environment & in the methods of > those generated stu= > >> b > >> and skelton files from my test IDL files. > >> > >> I mean there are macros such as ACE_ENV_ARG_DECL_WITH_DEFAULTS > >> in the methods of those *.h and *.cpp files in the > downloaded TAO's source > >> package (e.g. the _is_a(...) functions in > >> ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/PortableServer/Servant_Base.h and > >> ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/PortableServer/Servant_Base.cpp). So > I think it's not > >> related to building ACE +TAO. The macros...

Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO #2
Hi, > However, all the codes are stub and skelton files generated from IDL > files. So I am puzzled. It sounds to me like you have do something like the following: .. Build TAO's ORB services using -Ge 2 option at some point, which would leave lots of stubs/skeletons around with the emulated exceptions. .. Then later gone back and rebuilt ACE+TAO using native exceptions and -Ge 1, but not cleaned up the stubs/skeletons generated earlier. That's why I recommend you TOTALLY start over from scratch and see if things work better. If this all seems like too much effort, please go ahead and purchase a precompiled version of ACE+TAO at nominal cost from OCI <http://www.theaceorb.com>. Thanks, Doug ------=_Part_9834_13545624.1143000995070 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline Hi, Thanks! Now I am just studying TAO. I have studied the codes. For example, for the warning: "MyNotifDefs_s.hh", line 160: Warning: POA_MyDefinitions::MyNotifDefs::MyCa= l lback::_is_a Hides the virtual function TAO_ServantBase::_is_a(const char*, CORBA::Environment&) in a virtual base. I read the codes in tao/PortableServer/Servant_Base.h and tao/Abstract_Servant_Base.h, especially the virtual function _is_a (...). I comment the line "CORBA::Environment&" in such virtual functions and then the warnin...

Re: [ace-users] C++ SCTP Socket Stream/Sockets Class Support In ACE?
Hi, See \performance-tests\SCTP\* Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl "Tom Wallick" <tomwallick@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<20051011060703.58787.qmail@web54008.mail.yahoo.com>... > ACE Users, > > I am trying to avoid developing a SCTP Socket/SCTP > Socket Stream/buf class myself and am wondering if ACE > provides this somewhere in the ACE_wrappers install > directory. > > > Thanks for the IMMEDIATE response. > > > Tom Wallick > > > > > __________________________________ > Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 > http://mail.yahoo.com > ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] How to Use IPv6 in ACE? #2
Please stop reposting this question. Bala and I have already answered it the past several days. Check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ace-bugs/message/4421 for my answer. Thanks, Doug >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.1 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> SUN Solaris 8 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> SUN Forte6 C++ UP1 >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE/TAO irc channel
Hi, > Does an ACE/TAO IRC channel exist? If so where? If not should we create one? Not that I know of. Maybe it is something some people could use but most of the core developers are already swamped with work and do their best to answer e-mails on the mailing lists, so adding another communication channel is not something they probably have time for the respond to. Johnny On Friday 29 April 2005 02:44, Johnny Willemsen wrote: > Hi, > > > Does an ACE/TAO IRC channel exist? If so where? If not should we create > > one? > > Not that I know of. Maybe it is something some people could use but most of > the core developers are already swamped with work and do their best to > answer e-mails on the mailing lists, so adding another communication > channel is not something they probably have time for the respond to. > > Johnny Even as a ACE users online forum it would be helpful sometimes. Some questions (not related to bugs) can be asked easier on a medium that allows immediate response. It could also help to to build an ACE community where experienced users answer less experienced users. And even if the developers listen on the channel (for curiosity I suppose) - nobody requires them to answer. How about a poll? Who is interested in participating (actively) in an ACE/TAO irc channel? If we get enough interest we can think of creating one. Freenode would be my suggestion. We can also create separ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] Has anyone mixed boost.org libraries with ACE using the standard ACE Makefile?
Hi, There is now also a boost_unit_test base project, maybe we should rename that just to boost add the libs for the other compilers. With MPC you can then generate makefiles supporting boost. The boost_unit_test will be in the upcoming x.4.3 release. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl "Xue Yong Zhi" <seclib@seclib.com> wrote in message news:<51693.66.240.11.2.1100214499.squirrel@www.seclib.com>... > I recommend you to read a few basic documents about using shared library > first, becuase I can see from your post that you do no have a > clear idea on Makefile, shared libary etc. > > ACE, boost and stl are all provided as shared/static library, > and the purpose of Makefile is to tell the compiler how to > compile/link your source code, and link with the shared libraries. > > I recommend you to try MPC to generate Makefile, instead of write > Makefile directly. MPC is very well documented by: > http://download.ociweb.com/TAO-1.3a/TAO1.3aMakeProjectCreator.pdf > > You .mpc file should look like this(you need to modify it to fit your > environment): > > project : acelib { > > includes += $(SRC_ROOT)/boost/include > libpaths += $(SRC_ROOT)/boost/lib > > specific(borland, bmake, nmake, em3, vc6, vc7, vc71) { > //Libraries for Borland and Microsoft co...

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] ACE/TAO on Solaris 10
Hi, There have been some replies. People do have things working on Solaris and there have been made fixes in ACE/TAO. Could you wait another week or so and try the x.4.8 or try cvs, see http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > Dear list members, > > (I sent this message couple of days ago and am unsure if it > was distributed, > thus re-sending it again. I apologize if you received it more > than once) > > I would like to give feedback regarding availability of > ACE/TAO (versions > 5.4.7 and 1.4.7 respectively) on OpenSolaris (Solaris 10) > Intel platform. > > Sun is selectively releasing source code of the Solaris 10 under an > open-source license. Details of this project and installable Solaris > binaries can be found on here: > http://www.opensolaris.org > > Sun has also released Forte compiler set in binary form to > the OpenSolaris > community. A Quote from their website: "Sun Studio 10 > software is freely > available to participants in the OpenSolaris community for > development on > both OpenSolaris and Solaris[tm] Operating Systems on > SPARC-based systems > and x86-based systems, as well as on Linux." You can get > access to Forte > compilers from the OpenSolaris website as well but you should register...

Re: [ace-users] C++ SCTP Socket Stream/Sockets Class Support In ACE? #2
>> I am trying to avoid developing a SCTP Socket/SCTP >> Socket Stream/buf class myself and am wondering if ACE >> provides this somewhere in the ACE_wrappers install >> directory. Tom, in situations like this, why don't you just do this: % grep SCTP $ACE_ROOT/ace/* Take care, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.1 >> >> HP Server and HP-UX 11.1 >> >> aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.37 >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h : config-hpux-11.00.h >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU : >> platorm_hpux_aCC.GNU >> >> AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: >> >> $ACE_ROOT/ace - Compiled successfully but >> >> $ACE_ROOT/ - failed to compile as shown below >> >> Installing gperf -> /home/umit...

RE: [tao-users] Re: [ace-users] Re: Announcing the release of the new beta (ACE-5.4.10, TAO-1.4.10 and CIAO-0.4.10)
Hi, > > >> We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your > > >> applications, and let us know soon if you encounter any problems > > >> since we plan to cut the x.5 release by February 28th. > > > > As per Wallace's comments, we have an aggressive schedule > for the x.5 > > release to meet the needs of some major sponsors. If > people can give > > x.4.10 a "test drive" in the next couple of days and report problems > > they encounter we'll try to ensure that we fix any > showstoppers before > > According to bugzilla bug 2323 is not fixed yet. > > http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2323 > > For us it is a show stopper. We use the OCI version which does not > have problems related to this bug but it would be nice to be able to > use the latest version with more fixes. FYI, the reason that this test now fails is because Ossama added several new test cases which wheren't in the test in the past, this uncovered some bugs which according to our information where already there a long time. Johnny "Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen@remedy.nl> writes: > > > >> We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your > > > >> applications, and let us know soon if you encounter any problems > > > >> sinc...

[ace-users] Re: ACE/TAO corba: 4 questions
Hi Martin, >> I have recently developed corba client/server application using >> ACE/TAO and I have faced few problems that I have to solve now. My TAO >> version: 1.4 Please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. >> 1. I have to switch to bidirectional connection model because >> clients behind NAT/firewall can not be called back by server. I do >> not really know how to change my application to use bidirectional >> TCP connections. Do I have to add some ORB parameter for >> client/server? Do I have to change client/server source code or >> something else? Please see $TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional/ $TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional_MultipleORB/ $TAO_ROOT/tests/BiDirectional_NestedUpcall/ for some examples. I also recommend that you upgrade to the TAO 1.4.2 release since I believe it fixes some bugs in earlier versions of TAO. Bala, can you please confirm/deny. >> 2. Can I make client to connect to server always from the same >> port? I have notic...

Web resources about - Re: [ace-users] RTP, RTCP Streaming Audio/Video Apps using ACE Sockets or TAO CORBA ? - comp.soft-sys.ace

Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 User Reviews
Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 reviews written by Phone Arena users. You can read the opinion of each user and how they rate the phone in 11 categories. ...

Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 official: iPhone-alike size for the new user
Samsung has revealed another in its Galaxy series, the Galaxy Ace 3, now targeting entry-level smartphone users who want a pocket-friendly 4-inch ...