Re: [ace-users] [tao-users] ACE/TAO ported to Sun Studio 12

Hi,

> is this change included in the official release of ACT/TAO (and if yes
> since which version)?

This change will be part of the upcoming x.6.2 version. I am creating x.6.2
at this moment, when everything runs fine it will be available at the end of
today.

Regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT
Postbus 101
2650 AC  Berkel en Rodenrijs
The Netherlands
www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl

*** Integrated compile and test statistics see
http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl ***
*** Commercial service and support for ACE/TAO/CIAO             ***
*** See http://www.theaceorb.nl/en/support.html                 ***

0
Johnny

Re: [tao-users] ACE/TAO ported to Sun Studio 12
Hi, > is this change included in the official release of ACT/TAO (and if yes > since which version)? This change will be part of the upcoming x.6.2 version. I am creating x.6.2 at this moment, when everything runs fine it will be available at the end of today. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl *** Integrated compile and test statistics see http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl *** *** Commercial service and support for ACE/TAO/CIAO *** *** See http://www.theaceorb.nl/en/support.html *** ...

[ace-users] ACE/TAO ported to Sun Studio 12
Hi, We have committed yesterday the changes to build ACE/TAO with Sun Studio 12 on Solaris. We have made some small changes to resolve compile warnings/errors. The scoreboard shows that the test results for Sun Studio 12 are comparable to the Sun Studio 11 results. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl *** Integrated compile and test statistics see http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl *** *** Commercial service and support for ACE/TAO/CIAO *** *** See http://www.theaceorb.nl/en/support.html *** ...

[ace-users] RE: [tao-users] Borland Developer Studio 2006 with ACE/TAO
Hi, I'm curious about the current status of ACE/TAO and C++ Builder 2006. Borland shipped the promised fix/update some time ago, but I couldn't find anything about how it works with ACE/TAO. Regards Espen Harlinn ...

[ace-users] RE: [tao-users] Borland Developer Studio 2006 with ACE/TAO #2
Hi, See http://www.remedy.nl/en/borland.html for an overview of the supported Borland products with TAO. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > -----Original Message----- > From: Espen Harlinn [mailto:espen@harlinn.no] > Sent: donderdag 2 februari 2006 18:06 > To: jwillemsen@remedy.nl > Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: RE: [tao-users] Borland Developer Studio 2006 with ACE/TAO > > Hi, > > I'm curious about the current status of ACE/TAO...

[ace-users] RE: [tao-users] Borland Developer Studio 2006 with ACE/TAO #2
Hi, The x.4.8 version of ACE/TAO is supported with BCB2006, we have some linker warnings/errors in some configurations, Borland is working on these for Update2, but these are not causing a problem. See ACE_wrappers/ACE-INSTALL.html for info about how to use it. We deliver also commercial support for using BCB2006 with ACE/TAO. See www.theaceorb.nl for our services. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > -----Original Message----- > From: Espen Harlinn [mailto:espen@harlinn...

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] ACE/TAO on Solaris 10
Hi, There have been some replies. People do have things working on Solaris and there have been made fixes in ACE/TAO. Could you wait another week or so and try the x.4.8 or try cvs, see http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > Dear list members, > > (I sent this message couple of days ago and am unsure if it > was distributed, > thus re-sending it again. I apologize if you received it more > than once) > > I would like to give ...

[tao-users] Re: [ace-users] How to use c++ native exception handling instead of ACE's while building ACE+TAO
Hi, >> My only guess is that all of the libs you are linking in your >> builds were not compiled with a consistent set of options. Right, my recommendation would be to completely blow away your existing ACE+TAO x.5 directory, download a fresh version, and start from a clean slate. It sounds like you may have things lying around from previous build attempts. Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems...

[tao-users] ACE/TAO ported to Sun Studio 12
Hi, We have committed yesterday the changes to build ACE/TAO with Sun Studio 12 on Solaris. We have made some small changes to resolve compile warnings/errors. The scoreboard shows that the test results for Sun Studio 12 are comparable to the Sun Studio 11 results. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl *** Integrated compile and test statistics see http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl *** *** Commercial service and support for ACE/TAO/CIAO *** *** See http://www.theaceorb.nl/en/support.html *** Hi, Johnny Willemsen wrote: > Hi, > > We have committed yesterday the changes to build ACE/TAO with Sun Studio 12 > on Solaris. We have made some small changes to resolve compile > warnings/errors. The scoreboard shows that the test results for Sun Studio > 12 are comparable to the Sun Studio 11 results. > is this change included in the official release of ACT/TAO (and if yes since which version)? Gruss Jochen ...

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] Tao_idl core dumps during ACE/TAO build
Hi, Please upgrade to ACE+TAO x.4.7, which you can download from http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html under the heading "latest beta kit". The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the latest beta kit, as described in http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-bug-process.html Thus, if you need more "predictable" help, I recommend that you check out http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html for a list of companies tha...

[tao-users] Re: [ace-users] timestamps incorrect in ACE+TAO .tar.gz
Hi > It has just come to my attention that there are many files in the > ACE+TAO .tar.gz file with timestamps showing '1970-01-05'. Obviously > this is wrong and is the only reason why my packages have been > rejected from Debian ("file(s) with a time stamp too ancient"). > > Is there a possibility that this will be fixed. Or should I just > 'touch' all the problematic files? Could you please run a touch on them? I don't know how this happened. Strange. Opening and fiddling with the distribution would make quite a few things goofy! If ...

RE: [tao-users] Re: [ace-users] Re: Announcing the release of the new beta (ACE-5.4.10, TAO-1.4.10 and CIAO-0.4.10)
Hi, > > >> We encourage you to download the new beta, use it with your > > >> applications, and let us know soon if you encounter any problems > > >> since we plan to cut the x.5 release by February 28th. > > > > As per Wallace's comments, we have an aggressive schedule > for the x.5 > > release to meet the needs of some major sponsors. If > people can give > > x.4.10 a "test drive" in the next couple of days and report problems > > they encounter we'll try to ensure that we fix any >...

RE: [tao-users] RE: [ace-users] XML service configuration no longer works with ACE/TAO 5.4.5/1.4.5
Hi, > > Hi Lothar > > > > > � � ACE VERSION: 5.4.5 > > > > Thanks for using the PRF form. Could you try to find the > problem and send > > us patches to fix this? > > > > Regards, > > > > Johnny Willemsen > > I have no problem committing some time to the problem. I do > however know as > much as nothing about the ACE XML parser and it's recent > changes. It seems to > me that (some) of the recent changes might have caused the > test failures. So > if someone working active...

[ace-users] [tao-users] Problem linking ACE/TAO
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C67435.B64C4BE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I have an application using ACE/TAO and I get a linking error trying to = build executable. ACE/TAO VERSION: 5.5 / 1.5 OPERATING SYSTEM: Win 2000 SP 4 COMPILER NAME and VERSION: VC++ 2005 Standard Edition CONTENTS of $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: #define ACE_HAS_STANDARD_CP...

[tao-users] [ace-users] Problem linking ACE/TAO
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C67435.B64C4BE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I have an application using ACE/TAO and I get a linking error trying to = build executable. ACE/TAO VERSION: 5.5 / 1.5 OPERATING SYSTEM: Win 2000 SP 4 COMPILER NAME and VERSION: VC++ 2005 Standard Edition CONTENTS of $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: #define ACE_HAS_STANDARD_CP...

[ace-users] [ace-user] problem on building ACE+TAO+CAIO
Dear, all. I have a problem on buliding ACE+TAO+CAIO. ACE VERSION: 5.5 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: HOST Machine: Intel Pentium D 3.0 1GB OS: Windows XP Professional SP2 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM Same with the HOST machine and OS THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE #define ACE_HAS_MFC 1 #define ACE_NO_INLINE #define ACE_HAS_STANDARD_CPP_LIBRARY 1 #include "ace/config-win32.h" DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: ACE+TAO+CAIO building SYNOPSIS: occurrance of syntax error during building ACE+TAO+CAIO DESCRIPTION: during building ACE+TAO+CAIO, syntax errors occurs at the point of enum definition in the file, options.h. Also, there are bunch of other errors. class ACE_Svc_Export Options { // = TITLE // Singleton that consolidates all Options for a gatewayd. public: // = Options that can be enabled/disabled. enum { // = The types of threading strategies. REACTIVE = 0, OUTPUT_MT = 1, INPUT_MT = 2, VERBOSE = 01, DEBUG = 02, SUPPLIER_ACCEPTOR = 04, CONSUMER_ACCEPTOR = 010, SUPPLIER_CONNECTOR = 020, CONSUMER_CONNECTOR = 040 }; one of them says that '}' is missing in front of '='. Did I misconfigure something? Thanks. - Je...

[ace-users] Any users of the ACE/TAO HP NSK port?
Hi, Several years ago HP did a port of ACE/TAO to the HP NSK v2 and v3 versions. We are considering of removing support for NSK v2/v3 because that would cleanup a lot of code in ACE. Are there any users that use ACE/TAO on HP NSK, if so, let us know, else we will remove the HP NSK v2/v3 ports. Best regards, Johnny Willemsen ...

[ace-users] Re: [tao-users] ACE::set_handle_limit broken
Hi Eider, Thanks for the PRF! "Eider Oliveira" <eider.oliveira@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<2e53f4ef0409021132f3de615@mail.gmail.com>... > ACE VERSION: 5.4.1 > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Linux > > > When at Select_Reactor.cpp:550 > ACE_TRACE ("ACE_Select_Reactor_T::ACE_Select_Reactor_T"); > > // First try to open the Reactor with the hard-coded default. > if (this->open (ACE_Select_Reactor_T<ACE_SELECT_REACTOR_TOKEN>::DEFAULT_SIZE, > 0, > ...

[tao-users] Re: [ace-users] The ACE ORB and Solaris
Hi, To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. >> does the ACE ORB run on...

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] XML service configuration no longer works with ACE/TAO 5.4.5/1.4.5
Hi Lothar > � � ACE VERSION: 5.4.5 Thanks for using the PRF form. Could you try to find the problem and send us patches to fix this? Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > > � � HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > uname -a > Linux janus 2.6.11.4-20a-default #1 Wed Mar 23 21:52:37 UTC > 2005 x86_64 x86_64 > x86_64 GNU/Linux > > � � TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > � � COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEV...

Re: [ace-users] Has Anyone on the ACE Users Mailing List Successfully compiled ACE and TAO for Panther Mac OS X 10.3?
Hi Tom, >> Can anyone let me know how to successfully compile the >> latest stable release of ACE 5.4 and TAO 1.4 package >> on Apple Mac OS X 10.3 Panther? I doubt ACE+TAO x.4 will work with 10.3 Panther. >> I have the ACE+TAO+CIAO latest stable release working perfectly on >> my Red Hat LINUX 9.0 OS, but would like to see it running on Mac OS >> X 10.3. You're better off starting from the x.4.3 beta, which is available at http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html Some other folks on the mailing list have been expressing their inte...

[ace-bugs] Re: [ace-users] ACE/TAO irc channel
Hi, > Does an ACE/TAO IRC channel exist? If so where? If not should we create one? Not that I know of. Maybe it is something some people could use but most of the core developers are already swamped with work and do their best to answer e-mails on the mailing lists, so adding another communication channel is not something they probably have time for the respond to. Johnny On Friday 29 April 2005 02:44, Johnny Willemsen wrote: > Hi, > > > Does an ACE/TAO IRC channel exist? If so where? If not should we create > > one? > > Not that I know of. M...

Re: [ace-users] Re: [tao-users] Re: difficulties compling TAO with mingw and msys
Hi, Great, when we get time we will try to upgrade to a newer version of MinGW, but it is still a candidate. Just keep an eye on the scoreboard, when we upgrade you will see it there. As you can see on the scoreboard, there are no issues with the 3.2.3 version Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl "William Lederer" <wgl@localhost.localdomain> wrote in message news:<m3pt4yrtfx.fsf@localhost.localdomain>... > Thanks! > > I followed your advice in your earli...

Re: [ace-users] Re: [tao-users] Re: difficulties compling TAO with mingw and msys #2
Hi, > > Great, when we get time we will try to upgrade to a newer version of MinGW, > > but it is still a candidate. Just keep an eye on the scoreboard, when we > > upgrade you will see it there. As you can see on the scoreboard, there are > > no issues with the 3.2.3 version > > I have run all but a few of the provided tests, and all looks well. We run all ACE tests, no issues there, we are working on the TAO tests, some of the tests are able to freeze our build system > Out of curiosity, what is required for eliminating the > inline/dlli...

[ace-users] Re: About ACE-TAO
Hi Grzegorz, > My name is Grzegorz Kroczek. I'm 28'th computer programmer from > Poland. One year ago I read about TAO on Your page. In my opinion it > is the best solution as distributed systems. I wrote many systems > for many company, goverments, but Your system is THE BEST!!! Great - I'm glad you enjoy TAO! > Now I still study Computer Science on Technical University. In the > future I want defence my phD maybe I will write about distributed > systems or Artificial Intelligence. I have one question about ACE- > TAO. Can I write about You...

Web resources about - Re: [ace-users] [tao-users] ACE/TAO ported to Sun Studio 12 - comp.soft-sys.ace

Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 User Reviews
Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 reviews written by Phone Arena users. You can read the opinion of each user and how they rate the phone in 11 categories. ...

Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 official: iPhone-alike size for the new user
Samsung has revealed another in its Galaxy series, the Galaxy Ace 3, now targeting entry-level smartphone users who want a pocket-friendly 4-inch ...