RE: [tao-users] RE: [ace-users] XML service configuration no longer works with ACE/TAO 5.4.5/1.4.5

Hi,

> > Hi Lothar
> >
> > > � � ACE VERSION: 5.4.5
> >
> > Thanks for using the PRF form. Could you try to find the
> problem and send
> > us patches to fix this?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Johnny Willemsen
>
> I have no problem committing some time to the problem. I do
> however know as
> much as nothing about the ACE XML parser and it's recent
> changes. It seems to
> me that (some) of the recent changes might have caused the
> test failures. So
> if someone working actively on ACEXML gives me directions I
> am willing to
> spend my time investigating the problem.

I can't remember that work has been done the last months so I am also amazed
things broke. Nobody is actively working on it, so I think there are not
much directions at this moment.

Regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT
Postbus 101
2650 AC  Berkel en Rodenrijs
The Netherlands
www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl

0
Johnny

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 11:01, Johnny Willemsen wrote:
> Hi,
> I can't remember that work has been done the last months so I am also
> amazed things broke. Nobody is actively working on it, so I think there are
> not much directions at this moment.

Well, it did definiteley work with 5.4.4. So any changes that broke it must
have been made between 5.4.4 and 5.4.5. I also read in the release email of
5.4.5 in the CIAO section:

The Config Handlers have been modified to use XML parsing code
� generated by the XML Schema Compiler (XSC). �Binary releases of XSC
� can currently be found at (http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~boris/xsc),
� and a recent snapshot of the CVS repository can be found at
� (http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~wotte/xsc.tbz2). �We plan to integrate
� XSC into the CVS repo and release soon.

I don't know if that affects only CIAO or ACE as well, but it might be
related.

I would be still glad if someone has any pointers/ideas where exactely I
should spend my time efficiently in order to investigate the problem.

P.S.
Aren't there any nightly build configuration(s) that uses XML rather than the
old service configuration?

Lothar
--
Lothar Werzinger Dipl.-Ing. Univ.