Discrete maths in Maple?

Does anybody know if there exists in Maple (or possibly as an external
package) something with the equivalent functionality of Combinatorica
for Mathematica?

cheers,
-A

0
amca
3/6/2004 10:52:39 AM
comp.soft-sys.math.maple 4344 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Math.random() and Math.round(Math.random()) and Math.floor(Math.random()*2)
Assuming one needs to have a function returning false or true on each call in pseudo-random order.and using JavaScript native Math.random() method as the basis of the pseudo-randomness. Say the variants of such function are: getAnswer1() { var n = Math.round(Math.random()); return n ? true : false; } getAnswer2() { var n = Math.floor(Math.random()*2); return (n==2) ? true : false; } Leaving obvious practical testing by platforms aside: Is there are theoretical considerations that pseudo-randomness (predictability) of either of above will be better or worse than the o...

FA: 1-Day-Left: 6 Math Books - 4 Math CDROMs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4573640183 ...

FA: 1-Day-Left: 6 Math Books - 4 Math CDROMs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4573640183 ...

maple, EllipticE and Symbolic Math
Hi, I'm trying to use Symbolic Math TB to find the definite and indefinite integrals of the function: SQRT[A*sin(w*x) + B*cos(w*x) + C], where A & B are real and C & w are positive. MATLAB gives a (very long) solution with the elliptic functions EllipticE & EllipticF that I cannot plot. I tried replacing EllipticE(a,b) with maple('EllipticE(a,b)') in the resulting solution and then use ezplot to display the solution, but it didn't help. In fact, the solution is so long that I cannot see it in full. My questions are: 1. Is there a more simple (elegant?) solution to ...

Extended Symbolic Math using Maple
My attempt to run some command using Maple functions(come with Extended Symbolic Math installed) but failed. An example is >> maple('with(Groebner):') >> maple('reduce(x^3*y^3*z^3, [x - y^2, x - z^2], 'matrix'([[1,1,1],[1,0,0],[0,1,0]],[x,y,z]));') Error: Unexpected MATLAB expression. Refer <http://www.math.umn.edu/~roberts/math5385/matlabinfo/mapleinfo.html#termorder> "connie yk" <mayyen_tan@techsource.com.my> wrote in message news:ef0357a.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > My attempt to run some command using Maple functions(come with ...

Need help with Maths Maple problem
Hi, I need help with programming . The problem is as such. E stands for Summation Notation. Write a Maple program to evaluate the sum Sn = E 1/j (Where E is from j=1 to n) for values of n=10 ,20, 30, 40, 50. Output the results in the form of a table. Can somebody help me? Thanks In article <40114345$1@news.starhub.net.sg>, Zul <emailzul@starhub.net.sg> wrote: > Hi, I need help with programming . The problem is as such. > > E stands for Summation Notation. > > Write a Maple program to evaluate th...

Maple examples in basic engineering/math being added.
fyi; I have been working on document that shows how to use Matlab and Mathematica to solve basic engineering and Math problems. I have about 69 examples so far. Today I've decided to start adding Maple as well. Currently I only have 2 examples implemented in Maple, but will be adding more as time goes. (the first 2 in the page below now have Maple in them) http://12000.org/my_notes/mma_matlab_control/howto.htm The only problem I might face is that many of the examples I have written so far rely on the use of special toolboxes in Matlab and special applications t...

maple story news,maple story gold,maple story money
OK I firstly just like to say that this guide is far from a comprehensive guide to making money in Runescape, it is just a couple of the things I do to make money. I have written about my best fives ways to make money: www.runescapecoin.com 1. Kill chickens and collect their feathers ?this is a great one for those players out there that have a combat below 30. One of the biggest benefits is you get combat experience as well. After you have collected a fair few (at least 500) go to world one, if you'e a Free to Play member, and sell them just to the East of the West Bank in Varrock. If you...

Hotfix-Patch-Upgrade 8.0.1 -- for Maple V Release ( Waterloo Maple Soft )
Author acquired a licensed copy of mathematical software Maple V Release 8.= 0 by=20 ( Waterloo ) Maple Soft. Author is not as desperate as any of the Napoleon= Bonapartes; yet, author is desperately seeking a copy of a software execut= able hotfix-patch-upgrade 8.0.1 program [ and any all if any more recent th= an referenced version 8.0.1 ] -- for mathematical software Maple V Release = 8.0=20 ( Waterloo Maple Soft ). If you may provide a copy: =20 FOR REPLY =3D---> Upload to mjollnir0101@GMAIL.com in form of attachment to= electronic mail message. eNd oF mEsSaGe. =20 ...

Boolean Logic with extended symbilic math toolbox ( maple )
Hi , I'm looking for functions to solve boolean equations. I have heard, that I can do this with the mentioned toolbox. Now, where could I find the boolean Logic package ? (Yes, I have the extended symb. toolbox). Matlab R14 avail. thanks frank University of Kassel, Germany ...

Maple bugs: Should cmaple9 and maple9 math results coinside?
Hello, Here is my question for a Maple expert, Do you expect that results of math calculation done by cmaple9 (a command line version) and maple9 (a GUI version) should coincide because they use the same math code? Thank you for your help in advance. Cheers, Vladimir Bondarenko http://www.cybertester.com/ http://maple.bug-list.org/ http://www.CAS-testing.org/ ...................................................................... In article <8cf8cf57.0402291952.671fe22@posting.google.com>, Vladimir Bondarenko <vb@cybertester.com> wrote: >Do you ...

Can Maple 9 read Maple V.5 or Maple 7 worksheets?
When I select "Open file" in Maple 9, all my Maple V.5 and Maple 7 worksheets are greyed out; is there any way to get Maple 9 to open them? (I'm on a Mac, so I don't have the Claasic Worksheet interface, if that matters.) Jeanne Jeanne, Il suffit de rajouter l'extension ".mws" � la fin de vos anciens fichiers (V.5 ou 7). Maple 9 les ouvrira alors, mais avec les d�fauts inh�rents � Maple 9 (caract�res sp�ciaux) toujours non corrig�s dans la version 9.03 ! Cordialement. In article <ae28efc2.0402250534.1ca761eb@posting.google.com>, ...

Is there a way to have math that is not "display math" look like display math?
Hello. I would like to have TeX typeset math in "displaymath" mode, but without centering it. Is this possible? For example, when entering: $\lim_{n \to \infty}$, the arrow to infinity will appear next to the limit. But when entering: $$\lim_{n \to \infty}$$, TeX will place the arrow directly underneath the limit. Is there are way to control placements like this directly? (another example would be, placing the limits of integration above and below the integral sign as opposed to the right of it). Thank you, Ray L. Ray <rslevitt@optonline.net> wr...

FA: 4 Math CDROM's & Discrete Math, Calculus, Algebra (etc) Books...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4572232559 ...

Web resources about - Discrete maths in Maple? - comp.soft-sys.math.maple

Discrete - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's thin and light form factor does well to disguise the fact that it also has a discrete GeForce graphics ...
It's thin and light form factor does well to disguise the fact that it also has a discrete GeForce graphics adapter

Futuristic UC Berkeley operating system uniquely controls discrete 'manycore' resources
Does the world need another operating system? Yes, according to the creative minds in the computer science department at the University of California ...

AMD's Kaveri challenges discrete graphics
IS the discrete graphics card dying?

Intel Kills Larrabee GPU, Will Not Bring a Discrete Graphics Product to Market
The first is the aforementioned processor graphics. Second, for our smaller Intel Atom processor and System on Chip efforts, and third, a many-core, ...

MacBook Pro updated: now sports integrated and discrete GPU
Apple today updated their Pro line of portables: the MacBook Pro. Anything to …

Digitizing Complex Discrete Manufacturing Processes to Accelerate Your Competitiveness
Are you ready to take the MES digitization journey? As your business operates in an increasingly global and competitive business environment, ...

Intel Formally Cancels Larrabee Discrete Graphics Chip Project
Back in December, Intel (INTC) said it was giving up on plans to develop a discrete graphics chip which had been code-named Larrabee. The move ...

13-inch Retina MacBook Pro could have ‘unprecedented’ battery design, no discrete GPU
... same thermal design Apple touted at WWDC. The leak shows one contact pad suggesting that once again, the 13-inch model won’t have its own discrete ...

If You Don’t Have a Discrete Hypothesis You Are Incapable of Failing
... on topics that interest you. And make sure to pick up a copy of his book . Oh, and if you didn’t guess, the title, “if you don’t have a discrete ...