huffman coding

I am working on image compression
I want huffman encoding in maple,would you mind help me?
Thanks

0
rezamohseny
7/3/2007 5:50:13 AM
comp.soft-sys.math.maple 4344 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

A quantum analog of Huffman coding vs. a Huffman coding
A quantum analog of Huffman coding has been proposed by Samuel L. Braunstein, Christopher A. Fuchs, Daniel Gottesman, Hoi-Kwong Lo (http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/9805080). Is "A quantum analog of Huffman coding" a Huffman coding? -- Alex Vinokur email: alex DOT vinokur AT gmail DOT com http://mathforum.org/library/view/10978.html http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn ...

Coding Gain: Huffman Code
Hey All, Could someone tell me how to find out the coding gain if Huffman coding i used. The BER without coding is 0.1. I found the Huffman code of th alphabet and got an efficiency of 98 %. How do I calculate the coding gai or the BER when the coding is used for a specific SNR value? Thanks, Nisha On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 08:03:22 -0600, "Nisha_Malh" <farah727rash@gmail.com> wrote: >Hey All, > >Could someone tell me how to find out the coding gain if Huffman coding is >used. The BER without coding is 0.1. I found the Huffman code of the >alphabet and got an eff...

Huffman Coding and Arithmetic Coding
Hi everybody, i m trying to find somebody who ever worked on Huffman coding... Trying to use files found in File Exchange, and i ve got a lot of errors I don't understand... Please, contact me if u know stg about image compression... Thanx "amelie" <amelie.quinet@reseau.eseo.fr> wrote in message news:ef2ca1d.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi everybody, > > i m trying to find somebody who ever worked on Huffman coding... > Trying to use files found in File Exchange, and i ve got a lot of > errors I don't understand... > > Please, contact me if u know...

source code in matlab for huffman coding
hi.iam in need of source code in matlab for huffman coding using the default table, i tring to write this code but i cann't write it. could you send to me function to generat huffman table without input ...

Math code generation in C/C++? Can Maple or Matlab symbolic do collecting the terms in C translation?
Here is what I want to compute: t22 := Re((1/2*(a^2+2*sigma2*(c+g*(ee+i*v)))^(1/2)*exp(.5*a*t)/ (1/2*(a^2+2*sigma2*(c+g*(ee+i*v)))^(1/2)*cosh(1/2*(a^2+2*sigma2*(c +g*(ee+i*v)))^(1/2)*t)+.5*a*sinh(1/2*(a^2+2*sigma2*(c+g*(ee +i*v)))^(1/2)*t)))^(2*a*xbar/sigma2)) Assuming all variables are real and positive... My objective is to translate the complex-valued function into real and imaginary parts because in our engineering programming, the numerical library IMSL doesnot have a complex-valued integrator. Of course I can do every calculation in complex domain using a complex-number class in C/C...

request for source code of adaptive huffman coding

Huffman-Code
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has ever implemented the famous Huffman-Code with Scilab. Best regards, J=FCrgen In Scilab I'm not aware of any existing implementation (apart from SIP that uses Huffman codes to compress images, probably in C) but I have not searched thoroughly. A way to go could be to translate Matlab implementations for Huffman codes, such as: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=4900&objectType=file http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=2818&objectType=FILE Scilab ha...

Huffman coding
respected sir, Please send me full coding of this program. thank you. Phase 1 Tasks Read the message to be encoded and compute character frequencies for each character in the message (include the EOF character). Store these frequencies in an array indexed by each character's ASCII code. Print out each character with its frequency. Create a priority queue prioritized by the smallest frequency for the characters in the message. The priority queue is to be implemented using the heap ADT. The code has been covered in the lectures. Using the priority queue, create a Huffman tree for...

huffman code
hi, i need a computer program(MATLAB) that generates Huffman codes for a source alphabet (word file) thanx sir, ...

To code or not to code?
To code or not to code, that is question! Reporting from Lotus Notes Applications has never been easy. Notes developers usually need to write reams of code to create even the simplest of reports. Check this - a single-level cross-tab report takes about 2 days of code writing! Creating reports with higher functionality only means more coding and more complexities. Is there an alternative to this? You bet there is! Introducing IntelliPRINT Reporting - a cutting-edge next generation solution for Lotus Notes reporting. It is a native Lotus Notes solution that acts as an add-on lay...

[...]

huffman coding over and over again
Is it possible to do huffman coding over and over again? Maybe try to flip the even or odd bits between each recoding? Maybe try other transformations between each coding to shuffle the data so it seems as if it's a new piece of data so it can be recoded again. When we want to decompress the data, we would do a huffman decode then shuffle it back to the way it was, then decode again...etc... Is it possible? Thanks Rich Koup wrote: > Is it possible to do huffman coding over and over again? Maybe try to flip > the even or odd bits between each recoding? Maybe try other transfo...

Web resources about - huffman coding - comp.soft-sys.math.maple

Huffman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Welcome - Huffman's Hot Sauce
Nice one! Welcome to Huffman's. At Huffman's we hand produce condiments that make food taste... tastier! Like our Huffman's Hot Sauce, an unashamedly ...

The Patricia Huffman Smith Museum "Remembering Columbia"
Website for the Patricia Huffman Smith Museum, "Remembering Colubmia", a museum dedicated to the memory of those who lost their lives aboard ...

Joshua Huffman (@Armchair_Psycho) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Joshua Huffman @ Armchair_Psycho ...

Flickr: Todd Huffman
Among other things I'm a huge fan of Creative Commons, and almost all my images are licensed using CC. creativecommons.org/ Pictures of mine ...

How Reddit Began (feat. Founders Steve Huffman & Alexis Ohanian) - Wizard - YouTube
The newest episode of the "Wizard" series on A TOTAL DISRUPTION, two-time Sundance-winning director Ondi Timoner's channel that takes you inside ...

Reddit co-founder Steve Huffman not proud of what site has become
Steve Huffman has some regrets about selling Reddit when he did.

Steve Huffman - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Steve Huffman from TechWorld

'Atrocious, mobile sucks': Reddit co-founder Steve Huffman on what site has become
Steve Huffman has some regrets about selling Reddit when he did.

Reddit interim CEO Pao resigns; Huffman regains CEO title
Reddit says interim CEO Ellen Pao resigned from the company, and co-founder Steve Huffman is back as its CEO.