Maple9 Can't run, can't re-install

-I installed the maple-9 on laptop without any problem.
But when I run it, nothing happens.

-I tried to uninstall it with start->settings->control
panel->add/remove program->maple9, the "add/remove program" freeze
(for long--------).
All other programs still work at that time (computer is not froozen).

-I tried to shut down the computer, it needs to 'end' the
'un-installation'

-I tried to re-install the maple9 from the original CD, nothing
happens.
-With 'autorun', it runs a few seconds and nothing happens.
-Tried to installed it manually, nothing happens.
- Checked into 'task manager' nothing in 'application', but
the windowsetup.exe is in 'process' as 'windowsetup.ex'
but nothing happens.

There must be some thing in the 'register' to privent the
re-installation.
I naively cleaned all 'maple' things and it still can't re-install.

Please help.
0
jxwang
12/15/2003 1:48:12 AM
comp.soft-sys.math.maple 4344 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

jxwang@sympatico.ca (Jian) wrote in message news:<25029d62.0312141748.2c6fcf18@posting.google.com>...
> -I installed the maple-9 on laptop without any problem.
> But when I run it, nothing happens.

I think your system probably has some problems on JRE(Java Runtime
Environment), it might be caused by missing some programs or by
incomplete installation.

To run the new java-interface "Standard Maple9", you should have a JRE
v1.3 or above(The newest version is v1.4.2_03). Try to download a JRE
from the website <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html>

Having your JRE setting up, then you should reinstall the Maple9
smoothly. Depends on your hardware, you probably still need to wait
for the java-interface installation to warm up...

If you would rather run the "Standard Maple 9", be patient, you need
to wait for a long long time to wake it up... ,or you may try the
"Classical Maple 9" (Similar to Maple 8), it runs more faster and
steadier. In fact, both interface share the same kernel library. So,
why bother?

Ken Lin
0
maplemath
12/15/2003 6:03:02 PM
maplemath@tp.edu.tw (Ken Lin) wrote in message news:<600b3b4a.0312151003.6b91ecf0@posting.google.com>...
> jxwang@sympatico.ca (Jian) wrote in message news:<25029d62.0312141748.2c6fcf18@posting.google.com>...
> > -I installed the maple-9 on laptop without any problem.
> > But when I run it, nothing happens.
>
> I think your system probably has some problems on JRE(Java Runtime
> Environment), it might be caused by missing some programs or by
> incomplete installation.
>
> To run the new java-interface "Standard Maple9", you should have a JRE
> v1.3 or above(The newest version is v1.4.2_03). Try to download a JRE
> from the website <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html>
>
> Having your JRE setting up, then you should reinstall the Maple9
> smoothly. Depends on your hardware, you probably still need to wait
> for the java-interface installation to warm up...
>
> If you would rather run the "Standard Maple 9", be patient, you need
> to wait for a long long time to wake it up... ,or you may try the
> "Classical Maple 9" (Similar to Maple 8), it runs more faster and
> steadier. In fact, both interface share the same kernel library. So,
> why bother?
>
> Ken Lin

I tried many ways without any success. As I said after I installed the
fresh windows2000 pro on it (HP Pavilion notebook), the maple9 was
installed smoothly even it didn't run. But now every time, the installation
hangs. A nice support person at WaterlooMaple suggested me to hold
the ctrl key and see a 'dos' batch screen. It hangs up at 'found data
....  installer.zip'.

I looked the huge zip file and it has all maple files there.
For some reason the 'windowsSetup.exe' just hangs up there.

The Java runtime thing is installed as well as suggested by him.
Just get it today and it's version 1.4.2). It doesn't help at all.

I'm sure there is a thing that was written in register somewhere.
0
jxwang

Can't do math. Can't read.
Can't do math. Can't read. We must be talking about Snit. LOL! ...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
Mark writes: > Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? But on the positive side, last week the federal 9th circuit court affirmed that offering "thumbnails" of graphic images is "fair use"... http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/07/07/2141216 G. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
Does that mean that every PC that maintains a cache of web content is violating copyright ? -----Original Message----- From: Mark Wonsil [mailto:wonsil@4m-ent.com] Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 10:40 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: [HP3000-L] OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them... http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-1024234.html Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? By Stefanie Olsen CNET News.com July 10, 2003, 7:03 AM PT Quote: "Many of us copyright lawyers have been waiting for this issue to come up: Google is making cop...

can't run a built application because it can't find Run-Time engine
Let's start at the begining.... everything was working fine, and then I started getting an&nbsp;error 2 (memory is full) while compiling any application.&nbsp; I couldn't resolve the issue but the same applications would compile on another machine, so I uninstalled every National Instrument software from Control Panel (add remove programs), and deleted the c:\Program Files\National Instruments directory.&nbsp; I then reinstall the Labview 8.0 Prof Dev system,&nbsp; and performed the labview 8.0.1 upgrade.&nbsp; I can now open and compile applications,&nbsp; but ...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them... #2
> -----Original Message----- > From: John Lee [mailto:jlee@vaskecomputer.com] > Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 11:41 AM > To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU > Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, > can't shoot > them... > > > Good question. And what if it's a cookie? And how do you > determine that? > And if I get a cookie that I didn't "authorize", am I entitled to > compensation for rental use of my disk space? > > John Lee Or worse yet, what if it's one of these: Hackers Hi...

PC freezes on start up, can't restore, can't install
Help! Just to clarify what we have so far; We have a eMachines P4 2.2ghz 80gb hd 256mb ram 64mb graps. Running xp sp1 we have a multimedia keyboard On start up the pc had been flashing up a "hotkey keyboard" icon in the menu bar at the bottom of the desktop, it went away almost immediately and carried on booting up, recently it was staying there and freezing the pc, we unplugged the speakers and the games pad and it seemed to do the job, it worked ok for about 6 weeks, then the icon stayed on...freezing the pc and making the monitor black out! We could manually switch the pc off by ...

Can't install Canon ZoomBrowser. Can't uninstall it either.
ZoomBrowser came with my new Canon i960 printer. While ZoomBrowser was installing, the Windows 98 PC crashed. Now ZoomBrowser is not usable. ;-( Specifically: - If I try to run ZoomBrowser, it fails saying, "The Managed Software Installer failed to install the program..." - If I try to install ZoomBrowser, it fails saying it's installed already. - If I try to UNinstall ZoomBrowser, it fails saying it isn't installed. How do I get past these problems and get ZoomBrowser installed? Is there something in the Registry that needs to be changed, for e...

OSX: Can't install RMagick. Can't find the ImageMagick lib
Hi all I'm trying to install RMagick because one of my used plugins for RoR needs it. But I have no idea how to do this. So I just tried sudo gem install rmagick But I'm getting the following error: Building native extensions. This could take a while... ERROR: Error installing rmagick: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension. /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby extconf.rb install rmagick checking for Ruby version >= 1.8.2... yes checking for gcc... yes checking for Magick-config... yes checking for ImageMagick version >= 6.3.0... yes c...

config.sys corrupted; can't fix; can't start windows 2000
The computer attempts to open windows 2000 pro and gets hung up with the message that winn config.sus is corrupted. I tried booting from the win 2000 cd-rom and then creating floppy boot disks. The computer won't recognize or run off of these. Rename the Config.sys file in the root directly to ConfigOLD.sys. See if the machine will boot without it for now. Any release of NT should be able to. If you work out for sure that the Config.sys file is faulty, you can go in with your text editor, and troubleshoot it. You will need the base knowledge to work in this file. Jerry G. ======== ...

Can't Print, Can't Forward
Dear LN Experts, I have a simple Lotus Notes database containing a form with several fields but no subforms. In production, the application does not allow anyone to print documents created with the main form or to forward them via email. I have checked each field individually and confirmed that the form security setting allows printing and forwarding and I am at a loss to resolve the problem. Although I am a manager in the db, I myself am not allowed to print a document. The print option is grey in the file menu. If I create a new document, enter some data and save it,...

OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-1024234.html Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? By Stefanie Olsen CNET News.com July 10, 2003, 7:03 AM PT Quote: "Many of us copyright lawyers have been waiting for this issue to come up: Google is making copies of all the Web sites they index and they're not asking permission," said Fred von Lohman, an attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation. "From a strict copyright standpoint, it violates copyright." * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://rave...

[News] Breaking Evil Myths: Linux Users Can't Play; Can't Run Windows Applications
Because penguins need to play too. ,----[ Quote ] | The Windows camp have a lot of great games to play and a popular | misconception is that Linux is lacking in games. That is not true. | There are literally thousands of games for Linux. In fact a lot of | them have been ported to Windows too. | | [...] | | There are both free and commercial games available. Some of the best | ones I really like are America's Army, Tremulous and Enemy Territory. `---- http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/because-penguins-need-to-play-too-14767 Run Windows Apps on Linux using 2X Applicat...

Why can't my serial driver can't keep up?
Hi, I'm trying to write a serial driver for Linux 2.6.7 on an Intel Xscale PXA255 for a custom UART implemented in an FPGA. The UART is accessed through the PCI bus and seems to be working correctly. I'm testing out the driver by sending it 260,000 bytes at 19200 no parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit. Unfortunately it doesn't always receive all the data. It frequently is missing a block of about 30-100 bytes. I set up the UART to be 64 bytes deep and interrupt the processor when the FIFO gets 14 bytes full, but I think something is delaying my ISR because the data is mis...

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...