Maplesoft: If You Touch Math... You Need Maple, Or, 2 lost graphic files at the main Maplesoft's site

Hi Maple 10 potential customers all over the world,

How much one can trust Maplesoft if we speak of
sophisticated math stuff, streamlined development
process, quality assurance management?

Just a non-math observation (the math ones are coming).

Well, these folks seem to be too busy with Maple 10
rave advertizing and do not see that during more than
1 hour already (at least) at these pages (at least)
as of May 26, 2005, at the moment I am posting

1)

http://www.maplesoft.com/maple10/?p=m10-01-pro

2)

http://www.maplesoft.com/products/maple/demo/index.aspx

a monumental-size graphic file just below the slogan,
in brownish,

   If You Touch Math... You Need Maple

is not acccessible.  (1) looks superb)

So the flabbergasted visitor observes just a small red
cross in the left upper corner instead of the concieved
by Maplesoft grandeur of Maple 10.

Isn't this emblematic on account of level of reliability
offered by Maplesoft'2005?

Now realize, developing Maple is a far much tougher challenge.

If You Touch Math... You Need Maple?

Vladimir Bondarenko

GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
Cyber Tester, LLC
13 Dekabristov Str, Simferopol
Crimea 95000, Ukraine

tel: +38-(0652)-447325
tel: +38-(0652)-230243
tel: +38-(0652)-523144
fax: +38-(0652)-510700

http://www.cybertester.com/
http://maple.bug-list.org/
http://www.CAS-testing.org/

0
Vladimir
5/26/2005 4:14:40 PM
comp.soft-sys.math.maple 4344 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

VB:

Your vindictive streak appears to have led you astray, again.  I was at
the pages you assert do not display properly last week and they
displayed just fine.  I went there again about 20 minutes after your
posting appeared and they were, again, fine.

Your posting clearly demonstrates that you wish to persuade others from
purchasing or even considering using Maple 10, and Maple in general.
Why is it that you seem unable to believe that some people not only use
the product but are quite happy with it and willing to tolerate its
inadequacies because its strengths greatly outweigh the product's
weaknesses.

Your ability to demonstrate that software has bugs evidently brings you
great self-satisfaction.  If you pursued that path constructively you
would be doing a service.  Your destructive bent has been making your
work increasingly inconsequential.  This posting where you reach out
and pick a nit with a web-site and extend that to an entire product is
an example of the pettiness with which you are making your otherwise
good name synonymous.

Your approach of shouting, "Ah ha, another software bug!" is not a path
to glory, or even to mundane achievement.  Those of us who were
involved in software when memory was referred to as "core" because it
was and have been participating in and observing the advances in
computers and software are particularly unimpressed with your
inflammatory pettiness.

One of the virtues of language is the richness of figures of speech.
Your native tongue is rich with them.  One of the tame ones from where
I grew up that comes to mind when I see your postings is, "Bee in the
bonnet" as in "V.B. sure has a bee in his bonnet!"  You certainly have
managed to work yourself into quite a lather (as in horses that have
been ridden hard) over what appears to be some indignity that you have
suffered.  Your self-induced lather is causing you to become a laughing
stock.

I put out a couple of responses to you before suggesting how you could
change your approach and become a positive force because I think that a
person of your intelligence and fortitude has much to offer.  Again, I
urge you to rethink your approach before your good name becomes reviled
and ridiculed because of your boorish manners.

0
RockyLake
5/26/2005 5:39:12 PM
RockyLake" <flatironsv...@yahoo.com> writes on
Thur,May 26 2005 1:39 pm

RL> Your vindictive streak appears to have led you astray, again.
RL> I was at the pages you assert do not display properly last week
RL> and they displayed just fine.  I went there again about 20
RL> minutes after your posting appeared and they were, again, fine.

I just visited thre same links. Again, the pictures are absent.
But a day or 2 ago I saw them. Sure, I reloaded (and you?
maybe you used cached stuff?)

As for the rest, the only I can claim is that it seems up to now
nobody of general public realize the sweep of bugginess of Maple.

Which I am going to fix via maximal exposure a new layer of
Maple bug results.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
Cyber Tester, LLC
13 Dekabristov Str, Simferopol
Crimea 95000, Ukraine

tel: +38-(0652)-447325
tel: +38-(0652)-230243
tel: +38-(0652)-523144
fax: +38-(0652)-510700

http://www.cybertester.com/
http://maple.bug-list.org/
http://www.CAS-testing.org/

0
Vladimir
5/26/2005 6:59:22 PM
As stupid as this thread between us is, I went there just now and used
both IE and Netscape 7.1 and both pages loaded fine.  They are not

RockyLake
5/26/2005 8:25:04 PM
http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?sourceid=Mozilla-search&va=obsessed

0
MathCalc
5/26/2005 9:25:35 PM

RockyLake wrote:
> As stupid as this thread between us is, I went there just now and used
> both IE and Netscape 7.1 and both pages loaded fine.  They are not

The greatest problem is Vladimir Bondarenko himself.
I am more than fed up with all his stupid postings.

Harald Pleym
www.hpleym.no

0
harald
5/27/2005 8:32:28 PM
RockyLake wrote:

RL>  As stupid as this thread between us is, I went there just
RL>  now and used both IE and Netscape 7.1 and both pages loaded
RL>  fine.  They are not loading from cache.  Perhaps there is
RL>  a problem at your end?

Yes, you are right.

Actually, I went to visit my parents in a tiny town and was
writing about the links from an Internet cafe with 4 computers
only. Surprisingly, with a specific computer, the problem is
still here, after these days, and persists despite all my
efforts (rebooting, cache cleaning etc)

But all is OK on a computer next to me.

The most funny point is that before the posting, sure, as
an experienced QA, I had an idea to check the links from
1-2 machines near me.

But that time, when I looked over the caffee, the folks over
there were focused so much at their stuff that I had not enough
chutzpah to ask them to give me a couple of minutes to validate
my results 8-(

By the way, my link fault shows how fallible human based
software testing is. How it is biased and unobjective.

At times, a psychological issue could result in a false start.

Coming back to my claims about the sweep of Maple bugs, let me
quote Mr Igor Khavkine :)

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/38ee80e6f0e24178?hl=en

IK>  Damn, you're right! I really should be more careful with
IK>  sweeping statements like that. Anyway, I think the above
IK>  series is still good asymptotically as z -> oo. And that's
IK>  good enough to get the limit.

Alas, there are dozens thousands distinct bug manifestations
in Maple 9.5.2.

0
Vladimir
5/28/2005 10:23:49 AM
harald.pl...@c2i.net (Harald Pleym) wrote on Sun,Dec 28 2003 1:48 pm

Subject: Re: euler(0,1) shows Maple bugs are really ubiquitous
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.maple/msg/9900bc5feec3c29c?hl=en

HP>  Maplesoft still ignore all feedbacks from users, I think Maple
HP>  will be off the market in few years.

Alas, I fully agree with you here.

[...]

HP>  Sorry to say, but I think Maplesofts days are numbered.

And here, too. Provided, these folks will not get serious about
Maple development, about making it at last streamlined, and
thinking more about quality and user's comfort, not just about
packing the pockets. Adding nice graphics and facilities are much
appreciated, as soon as solid efforts are made about fixing the
bugs. Which over the last decade was not the case.

Harald Pleym harald.pl...@c2i.net writes on Fri,May 27 2005 4:32 pm

HP>  The greatest problem is Vladimir Bondarenko himself.

My viewpoint differs a bit: The greatest problem is Maplesoft's
attitude to bug fixing when thousands bugs are not fixed over many
many years. Even when reported publicly!

As a Maplesoft customer, I have an absolute right to make each and
every effort possible to change the current status quo - turning,
step by step, a packed with bugs Maple into a powerful graphic
editor / publishing application.

If you would like this, more explanation is here

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/54371e38f43d7e0c?hl=en

HP>  I am more than fed up with all his stupid postings.

Not everyone is so clever, polite and QA-experienced like you.

Anyway, why martyr yourself with reading my postings?
Please just kindly ignore them, that's all there is to it.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko
GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director
Cyber Tester, LLC
13 Dekabristov Str, Simferopol
Crimea 95000, Ukraine

tel: +38-(0652)-447325
tel: +38-(0652)-230243
tel: +38-(0652)-523144
fax: +38-(0652)-510700

http://www.cybertester.com/
http://maple.bug-list.org/
http://www.CAS-testing.org/

0
Vladimir
5/28/2005 11:31:48 AM
>Anyway, why martyr yourself with reading my postings?
>Please just kindly ignore them, that's all there is to it.
Yes, Vladimir, you are quite right.

Harald Pleym
www.hpleym.no

0
harald

Maple bugs: A dangerous, misleading ad statement at the main Maplesoft's site
Hello all, Upon visiting the main Maplesoft's site I found the following. http://www.maplesoft.com/academic/students/index.aspx MS> using Maple in your studies is a terrific way to get a head MS> start in your career. ^^^^^^^^ With *dozens of thousands* bugs unfixed, their number keep growing? To call a spade a spade, a piece of sheer hype. Such a statement sounded reasonably and sincerely 10 years ago. As of end of 2004, it is a just a motiveless, arrogant claim directed to humbug money out of you, me, and other 5,000,000 Maple users all over the world....

Free math' app' threatens commercial math' app's
For Mac math' buffs, a new FREE open-source math' app' called SAGE will be available for free shortly, which claims to beat expensive commercial software like Mathematica which costs $2,500 Some team of math' experts at University of Washington are developing the app' Supposedly SAGE has already won awards in open competition at some world-wide math' conference. <http://uwnews.washington.edu/ni/article.asp?articleID=38459> Mark- In article <noneof-AC775C.02292008122007@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>, Mark Conrad <noneof@urbusiness.invalid...

Math.random() and Math.round(Math.random()) and Math.floor(Math.random()*2)
Assuming one needs to have a function returning false or true on each call in pseudo-random order.and using JavaScript native Math.random() method as the basis of the pseudo-randomness. Say the variants of such function are: getAnswer1() { var n = Math.round(Math.random()); return n ? true : false; } getAnswer2() { var n = Math.floor(Math.random()*2); return (n==2) ? true : false; } Leaving obvious practical testing by platforms aside: Is there are theoretical considerations that pseudo-randomness (predictability) of either of above will be better or worse than the o...

WHy need to sign in at Maplesoft site just to see examples of using Maple?
When I go to: http://www.maplesoft.com/applications/app_center_browse.aspx?CID=4 It asks to sign in just to see examples of using Maple? I think this is bad idea. Many would find having to fill in forms or to remember ID's and password just to look at documentation to be a hindrance. And I would suggest this is not helping Maple become more popular by putting obstacles in front of visitors to your website. It seems Maple works so hard to keep people from looking at Maple? Why not even have the option to login as guest? bypassing all this 'registration' sillin...

quest for help: What's wrong with maple('GramSchmidt',[1 2;3 4])
not easy! ...

Maplesoft: 'Maple 9.5: Standard for any type of mathematics' ?!
Hi Maple customers all over the world, By mere chance, I have just discovered at the main Maplesoft's site http://www.maplesoft.com/ a new masterpiece of Maplesoft's ad, Maplesoft> 'Standard for any type of mathematics' They gotta be kidding! He-he... standard... A bearded anecdote springs to mind. Wife (yelling), - I gave up the best years of my life to you!.. Husband (fearfully), - The best? Don't say that! I'm running scared to just imagine what's in store for me... We are going to have a bagful of fun very soon, ...

Need help with Maths Maple problem
Hi, I need help with programming . The problem is as such. E stands for Summation Notation. Write a Maple program to evaluate the sum Sn = E 1/j (Where E is from j=1 to n) for values of n=10 ,20, 30, 40, 50. Output the results in the form of a table. Can somebody help me? Thanks In article <40114345$1@news.starhub.net.sg>, Zul <emailzul@starhub.net.sg> wrote: > Hi, I need help with programming . The problem is as such. > > E stands for Summation Notation. > > Write a Maple program to evaluate th...

Maplesoft Maple
Hi guys. I hope I'm posting a question related to what this forum covers. I'm a computer scientist and hobbyist mathematician. I recently purchased Maple 11 for Linux and I installed it. I don't use Windows Operating System therefore I can't tell. Ok, the question is... Is Maple 11 written in Java? I see that the installer installs the Java Runtime Environment. Is this software written in Java now? I thank you in advance for your help. On Aug 27, 7:12=A0pm, madscientist <madscientist5...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi guys. I hope I'm posting a question related to...

Impulsive Noise, Level-2 S-files Model error 'attempt to assign 'complex' to 'real''
Hi I am writing a Level-2 M-file S-function for Impulsive Noise conditions using the Middleton Model and I have a error in one of the variables. Although I am specifying that it is complex, The simulation Diagnostics states that I am attempting to assign 'complex' to 'real'. Any help will be sincerely appreciated. Here is the program. function Impulsive_Noise(block) %MSFUNTMPL A template for an M-file S-function % Level-2 M file S-Function for Impulsive Noise using the % Middleton Class A Model % % Daniel Leon Mohedano setup(block); ...

1 to 20 with x number of 1's, 2's, 3's, ... 20's
This is probably a simple thing to do, so perhaps someone would send me in the right direction. I need to generate a list containing numbers from 1 to 20, say. But I cant just use A = 1:20, for example, because that provides me only one instance of each of the values. What I need is X instances for each value. For example, 5 ones, twos, threes, and so forth. Is there a simple command for this? Regards, Ulrik. On Sep 9, 10:52=A0am, "Ulrik Nash" <u...@sam.sdu.dk> wrote: > This is probably a simple thing to do, so perhaps someone would send me i= n the right dir...

Victor Toth: Maple's implementation of Meijer's G-function does
Maple and Meijer's G-function http://www.vttoth.com/MapleMeijerG.htm Maple's implementation of Meijer's G-function does come with such a numerical implementation. Unfortunately, this implementation does not always give the right answers. In article <9327d742-2f71-4df7-8d41-2da866b400f2@b64g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>, Vladimir Bondarenko <vb@cybertester.com> wrote: >Maple and Meijer's G-function >http://www.vttoth.com/MapleMeijerG.htm >Maple's implementation of Meijer's G-function does come with such a >numerical implementation....

Question 2: Is Maplesoft's customer a human being?
Yesterday, out of the blue, while painfully trying to resolve this vital question of modern times, about the women, - I had a flash of bright, revelation-like insight! My bold hypothesis is here to discuss: Maplesoft's customer is a human being. (sic!) Vladimir Bondarenko wrote: > Yesterday, out of the blue, while painfully trying to resolve > this vital question of modern times, about the women, - I had > a flash of bright, revelation-like insight! > > My bold hypothesis is here to discuss: > > Maplesoft's customer is a human being. (sic!) &g...

Neither Maplesoft nor a single Maple Expert are able to shed some light onto this Maple weird bug?
Hello, We have asked this several times already, http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/50a81855d5f3db8e?hl=en& but it looks like there is no Maple Expert or Maplesoft representative who are able to shed some light on this weird defect? Or there are such competent persons? Best wishes, Vladimir Bondarenko VM and GEMM architect Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC http://maple.bug-list.org/ Maple Bugs Encyclopaedia http://www.CAS-testing.org/ CAS Testing On Jul 25, 3:11 am, Vladimir Bondarenko...

The black art of buying a Maple manual from Maplesoft web site
ok, I have given up. after much trying, I found the manual page http://www.maplesoft.com/products/maple/manuals/index.aspx Now I scroll to the bottom, and see the book 'maple advanced programming guide' so I click on the link that says 'purchase a printed copy' now I am back to the same page I started with, which is http://webstore.maplesoft.com/ so on the left I see something called 'Shopping process', with step 1 saying 'Browse for Products', I click there but it is not a link. so I select 'products' from the top menu on ...

Web resources about - Maplesoft: If You Touch Math... You Need Maple, Or, 2 lost graphic files at the main Maplesoft's site - comp.soft-sys.math.maple