Adding text labels and such to 3D plots?

If I'm reading The Mathematica Book correctly, one adds Text and similar
added graphic stuff to 3D graphics by positioning this added stuff at 3D
or "vector" points in 3D space.

But what if I'd just like to add text labels or other stuff at (scaled?)
2D points in the 2D frame within which the 3D graphic is drawn, entirely
independent of the 3D graphic and its coordinate system?  Any simple way
to do this?

(Would my favorite graphics command, DisplayTogether[ ], allow
overlaying or superposing a 2D graphic on a 3D graphic?  I can try this
for myself, and will, but perhaps someone else already knows the answer.)

0
siegman (1559)

Just use Epilog.

Plot3D[Sin[x y], {x, 0, 3}, {y, 0, 3},
    Axes -> False,
    Boxed -> False,
    Epilog -> {Text["Wavy", Scaled[{0.2, 0.3}]]}];

David Park
djmp@earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/